Nightbane in Rifts....

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phoenix9lives
Newb

Nightbane in Rifts....

Unread post by Phoenix9lives »

Nightbane are listed as immune to physical transformation and mind control. Do faerie food affect them at all?
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Nightbane in Rifts....

Unread post by ITWastrel »

Not even a little, if the food mind controls or transforms.

Stealing this opportunity to ask the forum, What are your favorite homebrew or on the fly faerie foods?

The Sunday, a frozen treat that causes the eater to be bathed in a warm radiance for exactly 24 hours. This is true sunlight, but does not provide light in an area, only the eater is illuminated. For the duration, the diner is kept warm and comfortable, even in freezing conditions.

The I-scream sundae, delivered only upon request. The I-scream sundae is exactly identical to The Sunday, except that the effect is accompanied by a loud, continuous, human scream that continues for the duration. The faeries only serve this treat when specifically asked, and they find it hilarious to give the diner exactly what they ask for.

The toasted nuts. Women eating these find them warm and tasty. Men consuming them find their pants-fronts spontaneously combust moments later.

Moon Pies. Delicious banana or chocolate cookie treats, baked by tiny elven fae in their treehouse bakeries. Once consumed, the eater will, at an inopportune (and absolutely hilarious) moment, find his pants have become invisible, leaving his derrière exposed. While the invisible pants become visible again after leaving his body, the eater will find that replacement pants, while opaque for a while, too soon also disappear. Lasts as long as the GM finds it funny.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

*starts trying to figure out how to get vampires to consume a "sunday" so they'll self immolate*
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Haven't played my fae campaign in a long time, but I do love those ideas. Thanks.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

ITWastrel wrote:Not even a little, if the food mind controls or transforms.

Stealing this opportunity to ask the forum, What are your favorite homebrew or on the fly faerie foods?

The Sunday, a frozen treat that causes the eater to be bathed in a warm radiance for exactly 24 hours. This is true sunlight, but does not provide light in an area, only the eater is illuminated. For the duration, the diner is kept warm and comfortable, even in freezing conditions.

The I-scream sundae, delivered only upon request. The I-scream sundae is exactly identical to The Sunday, except that the effect is accompanied by a loud, continuous, human scream that continues for the duration. The faeries only serve this treat when specifically asked, and they find it hilarious to give the diner exactly what they ask for.

The toasted nuts. Women eating these find them warm and tasty. Men consuming them find their pants-fronts spontaneously combust moments later.

Moon Pies. Delicious banana or chocolate cookie treats, baked by tiny elven fae in their treehouse bakeries. Once consumed, the eater will, at an inopportune (and absolutely hilarious) moment, find his pants have become invisible, leaving his derrière exposed. While the invisible pants become visible again after leaving his body, the eater will find that replacement pants, while opaque for a while, too soon also disappear. Lasts as long as the GM finds it funny.

Why not start a thread of your own... maybe a random fairy food list and then it can be added to the random item sticky.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

glitterboy2098 wrote:*starts trying to figure out how to get vampires to consume a "sunday" so they'll self immolate*

Why do they have to consume? Dart guns with silver needles and the syringe is full of "sunday" or the fire and brimstone sundae service.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

So now I am picturing a Gnome with a traq gun loaded with Fey Ice Cream darts going crazy on the blood suckers. Yes....I said Gnome....Gnomish Fury Ice Cream Sun-Day.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”