Rifts: Haunted Tech Sourcebook

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tikon2000
D-Bee

Rifts: Haunted Tech Sourcebook

Unread post by Tikon2000 »

Whatever happened to this project?
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Re: Rifts: Haunted Tech Sourcebook

Unread post by desrocfc »

So..... this was a thing?
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

kevin has mentioned 5 books in his latest weekly update.

presuming the pattern has not changed from what it has been for the past.... [some fairly high number] years, that would pretty much cover off this year's material. normally I think some time around the new year, he posts a list of 12-24 books he's expecting to finish in that year (important: expecting to finish is not the same thing as being likely to happen; it *could* happen, but it would be very unusual, in the "that's between 2 and 5 times your normal output" kinda way), but I don't see one in the recent updates.

so, in any event, best I could say is that even kevin thinks the 5 books on his current list are going to take until summer, so I wouldn't expect any sign of "haunted tech" (which I know nothing about, but then again I usually don't spend much time looking for expected releases or release dates for palladium) before then.
Tikon2000
D-Bee

Unread post by Tikon2000 »

Thanks.

If you're wondering, this was the description:

"Description
Faced with the imminent threat of the Minion War and ensuing demon plagues across Rifts North America, heroes and nations rise! Archie Three is taking none of it lying down. The insane machine-god is obsessed with sending the demons back to Hell and saving “his” world.

The Republicans reveal themselves and take action. Yes, that means Chaos Earth NEMA O.C.C.s, robots and technology in Rifts Earth.
Archie Three takes action behind the scenes, in a big way.
New menaces appear.
Haunted Tech gives new meaning to “ghost in the machine.”
But are they a godsend or a Pandora’s Box of new danger?
The new rules, powers and abilities for Haunted Tech will blow your mind.
Adventure ideas, plot hooks and more."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Shark_Force wrote:kevin has mentioned 5 books in his latest weekly update.

presuming the pattern has not changed from what it has been for the past.... [some fairly high number] years, that would pretty much cover off this year's material. normally I think some time around the new year, he posts a list of 12-24 books he's expecting to finish in that year (important: expecting to finish is not the same thing as being likely to happen; it *could* happen, but it would be very unusual, in the "that's between 2 and 5 times your normal output" kinda way), but I don't see one in the recent updates.

so, in any event, best I could say is that even kevin thinks the 5 books on his current list are going to take until summer, so I wouldn't expect any sign of "haunted tech" (which I know nothing about, but then again I usually don't spend much time looking for expected releases or release dates for palladium) before then.

A long time ago, I stopped believing in new Palladium books until they were released, and preferably when I'd seen one.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:kevin has mentioned 5 books in his latest weekly update.

A long time ago, I stopped believing in new Palladium books until they were released, and preferably when I'd seen one.

I love PB but this has been my philosophy since the original Rifts Conversion Book. This is why I am never that upset at PB, I know what I'm waiting for will always take forever.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

caughmechanoidscaughcaugh
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Zer0 Kay wrote:caughmechanoidscaughcaugh

caugh[enter any one of a dozen titles her]caughcaugh
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

True... but which one has been promised the longest? :) :fool:I also don't want to enter titles into her. :fool:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zer0 Kay wrote:True... but which one has been promised the longest? :) :fool:I also don't want to enter titles into her. :fool:

Land of the Damned 3
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:True... but which one has been promised the longest? :) :fool:I also don't want to enter titles into her. :fool:

Land of the Damned 3

Not even close, Mechanoid space alone has it by more than a decade. Heck BTS Beyond Arcanum and Tome Grotesque have probably been on the schedule longer.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The LotD books were turned in together and the last one published was in 2002. 18.5 years BTS2 was only published in 05.
(yes, the bleakness is in the process of being published...but until they say the finished book is at the printers, we are still waiting.)

....Maybe M Space has been on the shelf longer...but not the BTS2 books.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The LotD books were turned in together and the last one published was in 2002. 18.5 years BTS2 was only published in 05.
(yes, the bleakness is in the process of being published...but until they say the finished book is at the printers, we are still waiting.)

Actually just came back to say I was wrong about BTS. Found reference to all 3 LotD books in 2001 so yes longer than BTS. However Mechanoid Space has been in the catalogue since 1993 and was promised in adds in 1992 so way longer for it.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Warshield73 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The LotD books were turned in together and the last one published was in 2002. 18.5 years BTS2 was only published in 05.

Actually just came back to say I was wrong about BTS. Found reference to all 3 LotD books in 2001 so yes longer than BTS. However Mechanoid Space has been in the catalogue since 1993 and was promised in adds in 1992 so way longer for it.

Sounds like it was on the shelf before Lamura was put there also.

Then again...if they made it today: would they make it a book two to the RWB or a Book Four to the mech trilogy?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Their are few things that have been on the shelf longer. Mechanoid Space will be its own game and it is a sequel to the original Mechanoid Trilogy.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Land of the Damned 3

Was it?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Warshield73 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Land of the Damned 3

Not even close, Mechanoid space alone has it by more than a decade. Heck BTS Beyond Arcanum and Tome Grotesque have probably been on the schedule longer.

If we're considering from first edition but after 2e came out BA and TG wouldn't be the same items on the schedule.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

desrocfc wrote:So..... this was a thing?

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... -Tech.html was taken down...

though it looks like other distributors still have it listed

https://www.meeplemart.com/rifts-haunte ... ebook.aspx
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The new megaversal revised recon is the oldest book I know of that was never *officially* canceled.
But there are dozens that have multiple decades

The Nursery
Urban Jungle/Warpath
Tome Arcane
Tome Grotesque
LoD 3
Mysteries of Magic 2
Australia 2
Mystic China 2 (the promised sequal to cover things like Tibet)
Rifts China 3
New Navy
Hardware Unlimited
Atorian Space
Mechanoid Space

The point is that trying to figure out what all has never shown up is basically a Red Queens race.
I just accept that books don't exist until printed and go from there.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

eliakon wrote:The new megaversal revised recon is the oldest book I know of that was never *officially* canceled.

The Nursery
Urban Jungle/Warpath
Tome Arcane
Tome Grotesque
LoD 3
Mysteries of Magic 2
Australia 2
Mystic China 2 (the promised sequal to cover things like Tibet)
Rifts China 3
New Navy
Hardware Unlimited
Atorian Space
Mechanoid Space

The point is that trying to figure out what all has never shown up is basically a Red Queens race.

We moved this to another thread a while ago.

https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172363
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Warshield73 wrote:
eliakon wrote:The new megaversal revised recon is the oldest book I know of that was never *officially* canceled.
<mega snip>

We moved this to another thread a while ago.

https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172363

Keen. With out a link or statement I just assumed it was current.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Been waiting on Mechanoids Space since 1995
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Kagashi wrote:Been waiting on Mechanoids Space since 1995

It's on the list

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172363
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Tikon2000 wrote:Thanks.
If you're wondering, this was the description:

"Description
Faced with the imminent threat of the Minion War and ensuing demon plagues across Rifts North America, heroes and nations rise! Archie Three is taking none of it lying down. The insane machine-god is obsessed with sending the demons back to Hell and saving “his” world.

The Republicans reveal themselves and take action. Yes, that means Chaos Earth NEMA O.C.C.s, robots and technology in Rifts Earth.
Archie Three takes action behind the scenes, in a big way.
New menaces appear.
Haunted Tech gives new meaning to “ghost in the machine.”
But are they a godsend or a Pandora’s Box of new danger?
The new rules, powers and abilities for Haunted Tech will blow your mind.
Adventure ideas, plot hooks and more."

circa April 2016 https://web.archive.org/web/20160419063 ... -Tech.html

Return to “Rifts®”