Kremin Cyborg Cyber-knight

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Kremin Cyborg Cyber-knight

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Can Kremin Cyborgs become Cyber-knights? I have a player that wants to do this.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Kremin Cyborg Cyber-knight

Unread post by Warshield73 »

They are not on the list of OCCs that are allowed and it says specifically no psionics or magic so I would say no.

I pulled my information from WB 30, Pg. 113
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

By the book... probably not. If nothing else there's an issue of timing as Kremin only appeared on Rifts Earth recently and one would need time (7-9 years?) to go through training.

HOWEVER! Never let a stupid book get in the way a good character. I'd allow it, and would tailor the CK OCC to fit them.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Mack wrote:By the book... probably not. If nothing else there's an issue of timing as Kremin only appeared on Rifts Earth recently and one would need time (7-9 years?) to go through training.

HOWEVER! Never let a stupid book get in the way a good character. I'd allow it, and would tailor the CK OCC to fit them.

In general this is my philosophy except in this case it is pretty explicit. No psionics and it even says that men at arms and military are rare. To me this borders on a True Atlantean CS Special Forces character but to me as long as a GM treats his players equally I think almost anything will work.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ITWastrel »

I would allow it, but... No psi sword, no psionics, no machine sensing nonsense, and no living armor or other weirdness. They're full conversion borgs, and that precludes a LOT of what makes the cyber-knight unique.

Before someone says on it, I assume "No Psionics" in the OCC text trumps CW 4, p23.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

(SHIFTY) wrote:Can Kremin Cyborgs become Cyber-knights? I have a player that wants to do this.

No a Kremin Cyborg cannot become a Cyber-Knight and given text in WB30:DoNA (WB11:CWC doesn't mention this) they can not survive without conversion (WB30, genetic disease). Kremin Cyborgs can come with (per WB30, WB11 all of them) Psionic Dampers & Blockers which act as an artificial "Mind Block" that is permanently on that would block the use of any psionic powers ("Mind Block" does this).

Return to “Rifts®”