Strikes all added up...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Strikes all added up...

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

I just joined a new game and some things seemed off to me...
Do pluses to strike you get from any of the H2H skills get added to strikes with a gun or are they just for H2H attacks? What about the ones you get from a high PP? Can you point me to where in the book it states it either way.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Giant2005
Knight

Re: Strikes all added up...

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Check out page 361 of the RUE.
Only W.P. bonuses, the sniper skill, bonuses from the gun, and any bonuses specifically stating that they apply to guns (like from a Multi-Optic Eye). You want to be careful about stacking some of the bonuses too as some of them are for the same thing. A bonus on a gun due to having a sight shouldn't stack with the bonus you get from a Multi-Optic Eye due to it having a sight for instance.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Thank you. That clears so many things up.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Note that the sniper skill only added bonuses to aimed shots.

Note that when they say WP bonuses it is understood by most that it mean the bonuses from One WP. (WP targeting is the excepting to this since it was designed to be added to ancient WP ranged weapons.) Now if GMs are going for a high powered epic level game they can modify this to mean any WP that is even slightly applicable to the weapon the PC is using. (eg: if the char is using a spear in an epic high power level game the GM might let the players add both the WP spear and WP Staff and WP blunt together.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

also note that HTH assassin goes out of it's way a couple levels to specify thrown/gun strikes
which I guess would be the only exception (via an override) of a prohibition on HTH bonuses

Return to “Rifts®”