How Much Does It Cost to Become a Full Conversion Borg?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Giant2005
Knight

How Much Does It Cost to Become a Full Conversion Borg?

Unread post by Giant2005 »

The Bionics book and the RUE and such are pretty well detailed about how much everything costs that you might want to use to pimp your borg, but for the life of me I cannot find anywhere that tells us how much the initial chassis costs.
Does anyone know of anywhere that actually covers how much a basic borg chassis costs?
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: How Much Does It Cost to Become a Full Conversion Borg?

Unread post by Orin J. »

it's in the old rifts book, actually.

hands are 20,000 themselves, 45,000 for adding the arm
a leg's 85,000
partial reconstruction is 550,000
full conversion is 900,000

i'm assuming this cost doesn't include rehab or the usual markups the black market does.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

In Triax 1 on p107, it lists the Manhunter borg which is available to adventurers with a cost of 6-7 million credits (includes all features/weapons).

And in New West p190-193 it has the cost of three borg types, with prices from 3.6 - 6.4 million credits.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Orin J. wrote:it's in the old rifts book, actually.
hands are 20,000 themselves,
45,000 for adding the arm

Checking RMB pg 239 now...

I would interpert that as 25k if you wanted a handless arm, I guess?

Orin J. wrote:a leg's 85,000

"foot and leg" specifically. No pricing guidelines for just foot so I don't know how much a footless leg would cost :(

90k for pair of arms (w/ hands) and 170k for pair of legs (w/ feet) is a total of 260k for the usual 4 limbs...

Orin J. wrote:partial reconstruction is 550,000

It's weird how Rifts 239 lists that under "Weapon Limbs" eh? Since that's main body / torso MDC, not limbs...

Do you figure the 260k for limbs is built into that, or if you have to pay for that in addition to it (ie 810k)

If it was built in, if you wanted to be partial conversion w/ no limbs at all, do you think that would be 550-260=290k just to retrofit torso w/ 180 MDC?

Just to let borgs tank a litter better I'd let them get cyber-armor on top of that.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Axelmania wrote:

this isn't just parts, it's surgery. so i won't just cut off the full price difference for that. the surgery probably becomes a LOT more intensive and risky the closer you are to the torso. same with full-conversion, that's effectively brain surgery since you have to remove the brain/spine and properly connect all the nerves into the life support unit properly which sounds staggeringly delicate. i wouldn't knock off a lot of cost for parts over that.
Axelmania
Knight

Orin J. wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

this isn't just parts, it's surgery. so i won't just cut off the full price difference for that. the surgery probably becomes a LOT more intensive and risky the closer you are to the torso. same with full-conversion, that's effectively brain surgery since you have to remove the brain/spine and properly connect all the nerves into the life support unit properly which sounds staggeringly delicate. i wouldn't knock off a lot of cost for parts over that.

Presumably the option exists to convert just your main body and keep flesh arms...

So are you saying that's what the 550k is for (torso only) and the limb costs are tacked atop that if you want to replace your flesh limbs with MDC ones?
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Axelmania wrote:
Orin J. wrote:this isn't just parts, it's surgery. so i won't just cut off the full price difference for that. the surgery probably becomes a LOT more intensive and risky the closer you are to the torso. same with full-conversion, that's effectively brain surgery since you have to remove the brain/spine and properly connect all the nerves into the life support unit properly which sounds staggeringly delicate. i wouldn't knock off a lot of cost for parts over that.

Presumably the option exists to convert just your main body and keep flesh arms...

the description pf partial reconstruction in relation to those costs includes reinforcement to the head/body, replacement of any organs that may be weak/sickly, replacement of both legs, presumably replacement of both arms, and possibly replacement of eyes or ears.

your approach of "can we make this cheaper" is baffling to me honestly. why would anyone try to cut costs on major surgical procedures...
Axelmania
Knight

Orin J. wrote:the description pf partial reconstruction in relation to those costs includes reinforcement to the head/body, replacement of any organs that may be weak/sickly, replacement of both legs, presumably replacement of both arms, and possibly replacement of eyes or ears.

So it sounds like you are saying that the 550,000 cost includes the 260,000 needed for the limbs?

Which would mean 290,000 would cover the remainder of non-limb modifications.

Orin J. wrote:your approach of "can we make this cheaper" is baffling to me honestly. why would anyone try to cut costs on major surgical procedures...

It might be all they are able to afford.

Perhaps you view the torso/head stuff as more important and plan to pay for leg/arm upgrades later.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Axelmania wrote:
Orin J. wrote:the description pf partial reconstruction in relation to those costs includes reinforcement to the head/body, replacement of any organs that may be weak/sickly, replacement of both legs, presumably replacement of both arms, and possibly replacement of eyes or ears.

So it sounds like you are saying that the 550,000 cost includes the 260,000 needed for the limbs?

Which would mean 290,000 would cover the remainder of non-limb modifications.

no, i'm saying the cost of the surgery is many more things than just parts. it's an elective surgery and a big chunk of that is the cost of the medical personnel and surgical theatre.

Axelmania wrote:
Orin J. wrote:your approach of "can we make this cheaper" is baffling to me honestly. why would anyone try to cut costs on major surgical procedures...

It might be all they are able to afford.

Perhaps you view the torso/head stuff as more important and plan to pay for leg/arm upgrades later.

again, it's an elective medical procedure, not buying a gun. you don't skimp on these things if you want to stay alive. googling "discount plastic surgery" on your preferred search engine will give you a good explanation why.

Return to “Rifts®”