Immortals?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yllidor
D-Bee

Immortals?

Unread post by Yllidor »

Hey, I was just wondering what all races might be considered Immortal in Rifts? I know that Godlings, Lost Ones, possibly Sea Titans, and Prometheans, can be considered immortal, but I don't know what other races might be considered Immortal. So, help me out, if you know an Immortal race, please mention it.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Immortals?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Most races that are immortal are said to be so: Lifespan isn't on every R.C.C. Entry but it is on most. All demons and spirits of light are immortal for one thing. Demigods are either immortal or incredibly long lived.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Demigods are only long lived, as are godlings. This according to the pantheons conversion book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Yllidor
D-Bee

Unread post by Yllidor »

For Godlings they first say 50,000 years, and then say "Effectively Immortal."
For Demi-Gods they first say 1,000 to 4,000 years, and then say they may become "True Immortals."

Demons and Spirits of Light. I guess it makes sense that most, if not all, immortal beings would be supernatural in origin.

Thanks for the comments.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Immortal means they don't die unless killed.

Even for god and demons even getting killed can be reversed.

"Effectively Immortal" means that for the game, even one spanning hundreds of years, they won't die of old age.

True Immortals, even goslings can be True Immortals too.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Yllidor wrote:Hey, I was just wondering what all races might be considered Immortal in Rifts? I know that Godlings, Lost Ones, possibly Sea Titans, and Prometheans, can be considered immortal, but I don't know what other races might be considered Immortal. So, help me out, if you know an Immortal race, please mention it.

Most races give their life spans. If you want custom immortals for example though you would have to use the Heroes Unlimited Powers unlimited 2 supplement whic lists several ways to make custom immortals.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Ninjas and Superspies: China also has several pathways of human immortality, though several of them are 'false'. one of them is effectively accidental, and one essentially makes you into an Ascanded being on a level with a demigod.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

There's also the Lost Ones RCC, buried on p50 of Mercs within the description of The Dreamer.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Mega heroes and villains can be immortal , and powers unlimited 2 offers a bunch of immortals . i know it is not rifts but throwing it out there.
Yllidor
D-Bee

Unread post by Yllidor »

Thank you all for the clarifications and sources of possible immortals.

In general Immortal seems to go with supernatural, which seems fair.

Scarecrows, from Conversion Book 1, are said to be Immortal (and are Supernatural).

The Changeling Metamorph, from Rifter #10, ceases to age physically upon reaching level 9, and is a rare non-supernatural Immortal.

There are quite a few Immortals gracing the pages of Palladium Books various games.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Faerie Folk

Return to “Rifts®”