General purpose content posting question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CakeSquid
Newb

General purpose content posting question

Unread post by CakeSquid »

First time poster, long time player, PMLer to the core - I was curious as to what the rules are on tossing up non-conversion stuff here on the forum. I was talking to some of my Rifts/GURPS mates from back in the day, and I got the thumbs up on tossing up the Rifts files we had gathered up for either a summer game or a Rifter submission. Since there isn't a PML, Quality in Rifts, PrePost, or any of the other groups, I was hoping it'd be legal to toss 'em up here on the official forums. Fingers crossed
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: General purpose content posting question

Unread post by Mack »

As long as you stay within these bounds, you should be fine.
The Forum Rules wrote:6. Conversions
Posting the conversion (adaptation) of non-Palladium intellectual property to the Palladium Books game system will not be tolerated. Sorry. And in the same way,
Palladium property may not be converted to other game systems. For a longer explanation of this policy, read on.

7. Palladium Books Copyrighted Material
No part of Palladium's publications/books may be reproduced, in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without permission from the publisher, except for brief quotes for use in reviews. This means you may not ask to have rules posted or stats posted just because you don't own the book. If you want that info buy the book. You can post the rule from a book in answer to a question, but please be brief or paraphrase the rule. In short. Just stick to your rule in question. Do not post entire books or multiple pages, PDF files, artwork, etc. If someone is asking where a rule can be found, it is preferred that you post the book title, page number, and where on that page the information can be found, rather than quoting it out of the book in its entirety. We cannot grant permission to use or create derivative works from, or to take any of Palladium Books' registered trademarks, copyrighted materials and intellectual properties for commercial use or distribution, or financial gain. Individuals and companies looking to "license" a Palladium intellectual property are invited to contact the company directly and discuss the possibilities. A separate, written agreement between you and Palladium will always be required to use any of its trademarks, copyrighted works or intellectual properties. Also because of other licensing agreements that Palladium is actively working on, please note that permission to play online and post derivative works does not include permission to create, publish, and distribute any computer programs, whether they are computer games or computer character generators.

Please consider this paragraph your formal "limited license" to use Palladium copyrighted text and trademarks solely for your own "personal" and "limited use" and enjoyment on the net and other on-line services. In addition, Palladium grants you a "limited license" to create news works which are derivative of Palladium copyrighted text, so long as the resulting "derivative works" are for your "personal use" on the net or other online services, for personal fun, NOT for financial gain, is NOT published, sold, or actively distributed, and has the following statement, "The world, characters, likenesses, rules, titles, names, publications, trademarks and copyrights related to all Palladium Publications are owned and licensed exclusively by Palladium Books Inc.; all rights reserved, worldwide." Thank you.

However, if you're going to post a long wall of text, I highly recommend the use of Spoiler tags. Here's the syntax (with extra spaces added):
[ s p o i l e r ]
[ / s p o i l e r ]

So it comes out like:
Spoiler:
Long wall of text.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”