Treacherous Awakening pdf has new Prelude of a FoM Mage duel

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Treacherous Awakening pdf has new Prelude of a FoM Mage duel

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Thought others might want to know. I found the duel some what reflective of the battles I have played with my Temporal Wizard in that both magic and technology were used. Curious what others think of it. Overall I found it quite underwhelming as FoM Wizard's Lord duel.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Treacherous Awakening pdf has new Prelude of a FoM Mage

Unread post by Axelmania »

by 'new prelude' you mean like this is added content in the PDF which was absent in the original paperback version?

is this like the combat example the original conversion book had between the cyber-knight and CS grunt?
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Axelmania wrote:by 'new prelude' you mean like this is added content in the PDF which was absent in the original paperback version?

is this like the combat example the original conversion book had between the cyber-knight and CS grunt?

Yes this content was not in my first printing novel. Haven't read the example you mentioned so I can not comment on its similarity. I will have to look for the Cyber-Knight vs Cs Grunt in the Conversion book.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Anyone interested in discussing the battle?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Anyone interested in cluing us all in as to what's being talked about?
Axelmania
Knight

I still hadn't read that. I'm torn because I love the convenience of paper copies (read in bed and stuff) but like the idea of added content.

What's the thing to read PDF things nowadays, E-reader tablets? Even a laptop is too bulky for comfortable reading these days, I ought to try one of those scaled-down lightweight things barely bigger than a cellphone so I can just read it in bed or a chair without getting hot or heavy.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

The Beast wrote:Anyone interested in cluing us all in as to what's being talked about?

Treacherous Awakenings is the third Rifts novel. It just became available on DriveThruRPG.com in pdf format. The pdf has a Prelude that is a Wizard's duel between two Federation of Magic mages that was not in my printed copy before my copy came apart at the seams literally. I was interested to see if anyone else had gotten the pdf and wanted to discuss the battle.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Thank you. I never read any of the novels.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The novels have all had a re-editing for their PDF release. I haven't yet picked up the new versions. From what I've heard, the overall stories remain, but they cleaned up the writing errors.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Axelmania
Knight

Mlp7029 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Anyone interested in cluing us all in as to what's being talked about?

Treacherous Awakenings is the third Rifts novel. It just became available on DriveThruRPG.com in pdf format. The pdf has a Prelude that is a Wizard's duel between two Federation of Magic mages that was not in my printed copy before my copy came apart at the seams literally. I was interested to see if anyone else had gotten the pdf and wanted to discuss the battle.

Can you give us a rough sense of how long it is, like a half page, full page, two pages, etc? Any interesting notes?
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Axelmania wrote:
Mlp7029 wrote:

Can you give us a rough sense of how long it is, like a half page, full page, two pages, etc? Any interesting notes?

20 pages. The duel is between a Shifter and Ley Line Walker. The winner of the duel appears in the book as a villian. I found the magic use disappointing especially the defensive magic use. Definitely not player character worthy mages.
Axelmania
Knight

sounds like some fabulous crunch worth reading if only to critique where to improve upon

Return to “Rifts®”