MDC beings not explicitly described as supernatural or COM

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

MDC beings not explicitly described as supernatural or COM

Unread post by Axelmania »

Does anyone know if anyone ever compiled a list of these?

In addition: is there a smaller subset explicitly described to be NEITHER?

I guess "subset who has supernatural strength" and "subset who has supernatural endurance" would also be interesting.

Some human variants may qualify. I recall Undead Slayers got the 'supernatural' label slapped on them but not other T-Men?

Then you have Mega-Juicers and Psycho-Stalkers...

Titan Juicers are probably the only (or among a very small population) of non-MDC beings who have SNPS. Only ones that come to mind besides them would be ones with special-working HP like Prometheans/Werebeasts/Vampires.

I guess mutants who have the major super power Supernatural PS would also qualify. Not mentioned in the original CB but in page 30 of the Revised Edition it noted they didn't get MDC protection as a result. As a house rule it might be sensible to apply the Titan Juicer rules for hurting your own hands, in that case?

I think originally the lesser super ability Extraordinary PS gave SNPS... (yep, pg 44) butExtPS was not addressed in the revised CB...

I thought I remembered something about ExtPS being bionic and SuperhumanPS being robotic but I can't seem to find that anywhere... does that seem familiar to anyone?

The closest I can find is DB4 (Skraypers) 139 where4 it had a note about converting Ext PS to Supernatural PS at 20+1 per 5 above 20...

Which actually isn't that huge a nerf, considering for people who start with less than PS 20 they're going to get a range of 22 to 32, so that will only get reduced to 20/21-22/23 depending on which direction fractions are rounded. Using the bionic/robotic tables makes a lot more sense but I'm strongly wondering if I just dreamed it up since I can't find it in CBrevised or Skraypers and I can't think of any later books that would've revised how those powers work in MDC settings...

Never mind, I am just extremely confused. Pg 45 of the revised CB contains ExtPS/SHPS and the augmented/robotic nerf (contradicting Skraypers' approach, I think I prefer the CB approach TBH) but for some reason SNPS isn't just on page 51 but also on a separate list of powers on page 29-30 which I mistakenly thought was the only one because I forgot there was now 2 listings.

Pg 29 of the RCB seems not put together properly. "Type One" is for those who remain SDC and "Type Two" is for those who turn MDC...

Yet "here are some notable Mega-Damage Capacity (MD.C.) instilling powers" includes ones that actually don't:
    1) Impervious to Fire (although it does make you immune to MD fire)
    2) Bio-Armor and Create Force Field (they provide MDC barriers but don't turn the user themself MDC)
    3) Energy Absorption (same as 1 but for all energy)
    4) Force Aura (same as 2)
    5) Intangibility (similar to 1 and 3, you're not MDC but many MD attacks don't affect you)
    6) Sonic Absorption : dosn't turn you MDC, may stop MD sonic attacks similar to 1/3/5
    7) Supernatural Strength : explicitly does nothing

Return to “Rifts®”