Making Rune Weapons Called

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nuristas
Explorer

Making Rune Weapons Called

Unread post by Nuristas »

Greetings all,

I could swear that I read somewhere you could make rune weapons called: able to recall them to your hand, just like the weapons of some of the deities in Conversion Book 2: Pantheons of the Megaverse.
But I can't seem to find that reference.

Did I just dream that, or is it possible? I even recall it being an ginormous amount of credits like 500 mio to do so.
Again, if anybody could tell me where I could find it, or if I imagined it, that would be swell.

Thanks a lot.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Making Rune Weapons Called

Unread post by Prysus »

Nuristas wrote:Greetings all,

I could swear that I read somewhere you could make rune weapons called: able to recall them to your hand, just like the weapons of some of the deities in Conversion Book 2: Pantheons of the Megaverse.

Did I just dream that, or is it possible? I even recall it being an ginormous amount of credits like 500 mio to do so.
Again, if anybody could tell me where I could find it, or if I imagined it, that would be swell.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm not aware of any such official ability for Rune Weapons. Additionally, I'm not aware of any place that allows you to pay for customization to add in certain features to Rune Weapons. With that said ...

1: In Palladium Fantasy, there are magical weapon abilities starting on page 249. One Page 250 os tje "Returns to Wielder When Thrown" ability. It costs 50,000 gold. This is NOT a rune weapon power. But, Rune Weapon descriptions do start on the same page, and may have caused confusion, a mixed memory, or a house rule in the past.

2: There's an ability in Rifter #45, part of the From Ruins to Runes article. Page 74 has the Warper R.C.C., and it's one of the Level 6 abilities. This is a Living Rune Weapon, but if the host body was slain, it would become a rune weapon usable by others. As a Rifter article, this is Unofficial material.

If neither of these sources are what you're thinking of, then perhaps you'll be lucky enough that someone else here that's more familiar with Rifts will be able to answer your question. Best of luck. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Nuristas
Explorer

Prysus wrote:

Thanks a lot.

Greetings and Salutations. I'm not aware of any such official ability for Rune Weapons. Additionally, I'm not aware of any place that allows you to pay for customization to add in certain features to Rune Weapons. With that said ...

1: In Palladium Fantasy, there are magical weapon abilities starting on page 249. One Page 250 os tje "Returns to Wielder When Thrown" ability. It costs 50,000 gold. This is NOT a rune weapon power. But, Rune Weapon descriptions do start on the same page, and may have caused confusion, a mixed memory, or a house rule in the past.

2: There's an ability in Rifter #45, part of the From Ruins to Runes article. Page 74 has the Warper R.C.C., and it's one of the Level 6 abilities. This is a Living Rune Weapon, but if the host body was slain, it would become a rune weapon usable by others. As a Rifter article, this is Unofficial material.

If neither of these sources are what you're thinking of, then perhaps you'll be lucky enough that someone else here that's more familiar with Rifts will be able to answer your question. Best of luck. Farewell and safe journeys.

Thanks a lot for the response Prysus.
You might be on the right track there with the confusion but somehow, I still think I saw it somewhere and thought: that is neat if I ever manage to score a rune weapon.

You also take care and again, thank you for taking the time to answer.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Thanks a lot.

i know there's rune weapons that do that, but i don't think i saw it in any creation tables. it's possible you were looking at some of those rune weapons in other books and forgot they tend to have powers that aren't listed.

shouldn't be hard to ballpark though.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

In addition to Prysus I can add the possibility of:
-WB2 pg129, one of the abilities of Greatest Rune Weapons is Animated & Flying Weapon. It's a feature on the Rune weapon Sword of Atlantis.
-WB2 pg125, Symbiotic Weapon Modification (its not a Rune Weapon, its a Bio-Wizard weapon) that sounds close to what is being remembered and can be attached to Rune Weapons (per text of my printing on the book, I have no idea if it was recton in later printing or BoM).
Nuristas
Explorer

ShadowLogan wrote:In addition to Prysus I can add the possibility of:
-WB2 pg129, one of the abilities of Greatest Rune Weapons is Animated & Flying Weapon. It's a feature on the Rune weapon Sword of Atlantis.
-WB2 pg125, Symbiotic Weapon Modification (its not a Rune Weapon, its a Bio-Wizard weapon) that sounds close to what is being remembered and can be attached to Rune Weapons (per text of my printing on the book, I have no idea if it was recton in later printing or BoM).

The WB2 p,125 is the one I was referring to. Thanks a lot for spotting that.
Can't believe I was reading like 2 page further and didn't see that -_-
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Some text about Rune weapons are in the PF RPG books.
-Northhome: a old dwarvish city which has descriptions of a Runic Forge. PF2 book 11 Eastern Terr.
-In the Dragons & Gods book there are some other options for greater and greatest RWs. last page.

GMs get to choose to include these if they want.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Nuristas wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:In addition to Prysus I can add the possibility of:

The WB2 p,125 is the one I was referring to. Thanks a lot for spotting that.
Can't believe I was reading like 2 page further and didn't see that -_-

Your welcome. I had a bit of trouble finding it myself, I knew it was in one of the Altantis Books.

Bio-Wizardry and Rune Magic are related I think, IIRC Rune Magic is even called Bio-Wizardry (or a branch there of).
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

In case it helps - although it is Palladium Fantasy, not Rifts - there is a magic weapon ability in the Western Empire sourcebook, page 158: teleport to wielder. That might provide what you're looking for.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Nuristas
Explorer

Soldier of Od wrote:In case it helps - although it is Palladium Fantasy, not Rifts - there is a magic weapon ability in the Western Empire sourcebook, page 158: teleport to wielder. That might provide what you're looking for.

Thanks for that tip. I'm not sure you can use that on rune weapons (even though they are also Palladium Fantasy available)
I'll see about locating said book (hopefully the GM has it) and looking up the ability.

Have a pleasant day
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Nuristas wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:In case it helps - although it is Palladium Fantasy, not Rifts - there is a magic weapon ability in the Western Empire sourcebook, page 158: teleport to wielder. That might provide what you're looking for.

Thanks for that tip. I'm not sure you can use that on rune weapons (even though they are also Palladium Fantasy available)
I'll see about locating said book (hopefully the GM has it) and looking up the ability.

Have a pleasant day

rune weapons are just a more powerful method of making magic weapons, really. i'd assume any power you can give an enchanted weapon a rune weapon can have as well.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

ShadowLogan wrote:WB2 pg125, Symbiotic Weapon Modification (its not a Rune Weapon, its a Bio-Wizard weapon) that sounds close to what is being remembered and can be attached to Rune Weapons

I always wondered how that worked in respect to the attached baseball sized Eye of Eyelor, like if it gained the "indestructible" property of the rune weapon or if it could be targeted at an unknown amount of MDC and destroyed and then you're out 100 million creds.

Pg 123 mentions baseball-sized ones normally have 40 MDC so that's super vulnerable. I'd definitely want to be padding extra armor on top of that however I could.
Nuristas
Explorer

Axelmania wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:WB2 pg125, Symbiotic Weapon Modification (its not a Rune Weapon, its a Bio-Wizard weapon) that sounds close to what is being remembered and can be attached to Rune Weapons

I always wondered how that worked in respect to the attached baseball sized Eye of Eyelor, like if it gained the "indestructible" property of the rune weapon or if it could be targeted at an unknown amount of MDC and destroyed and then you're out 100 million creds.

Pg 123 mentions baseball-sized ones normally have 40 MDC so that's super vulnerable. I'd definitely want to be padding extra armor on top of that however I could.

I think they just become a part of the Rune Weapon as it is made. Otherwise you are in trouble if you need to attach if afterwards cause you could then detach it?
For me that works.

Return to “Rifts®”