unable to identify SA2 monster drawn by RK Post, help?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

unable to identify SA2 monster drawn by RK Post, help?

Unread post by Axelmania »

On page 1 there is an illustration of a monster kneeling next to a man taking up about 2/3 of the page.

Page 27 reuses it as a full-page illustration next to the Nazca Line Maker OCC, implying it's probably a creation of pg 34's "Monster Drawing".

My memory of the Rifts Conversion Book and other sources of monsters isn't good enough to make a particular species come to mind though. Anyone have any theories?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: unable to identify SA2 monster drawn by RK Post, help?

Unread post by The Beast »

I always figured it was a random magical construct and not one created in the image of some monster.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: unable to identify SA2 monster drawn by RK Post, help?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I dunno... most artists don't go full random, I figured maybe some beast somewhere in SA myth, or maybe some interpretation of a non-pictured monster...

This makes me wonder... how does Magic Tattoo / Nazca Construct for Boschala work? I always go to Boschala for undefinable monsters sine their flexible random generation tables give many options and vagueness for appearances...

But would you summon the same Boschala each time, or have it randomized each time?

Could a T-Man have multiple variations on different Boschala forms like they would be able to have multiple varieties of Worms of Taut? Or just one type?

Would a Nazca need a different ritual for each type of fixed Boschala?

Return to “Rifts®”