Online Gaming Resource

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Online Gaming Resource

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

As I'm sure many of us have, my gaming group has suspended meeting in person for the time being.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for Palladium? I've played many a game on RPoL and Roll20 looks great for DnD/Pathfinder.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Online Gaming Resource

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Hadeshorn wrote:As I'm sure many of us have, my gaming group has suspended meeting in person for the time being.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for Palladium? I've played many a game on RPoL and Roll20 looks great for DnD/Pathfinder.

Discord as worked well for me, and many others.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

If you need maps, Roll20 is a good free option.

Fantasy Grounds is a bit more robust, but also paid only

if you just talk and trust your players dice, Discord works good as well.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:if you just talk and trust your players dice, Discord works good as well.

There are several dicebots for Discord as well.

I have heard some people use live video calls or webcams for dice rolling also.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

You should be able to use anything that has video calling capability to do this.

Google Hangouts, Discord (does video now), Skype (though Skype is kind of a resource pig), etc.

Also, Roll20 AFAIK isn't D&D-specific. Its just a chatroom/chat program with dice rolling. Should work fine.

But if you can get everyone on a webcam, and position said camera(s) to cover dice rolls, should be similar enough to just sitting around a table.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Hadeshorn
D-Bee

Unread post by Hadeshorn »

Yeah, I figured as much. I was looking more into something with the inherent resources the way Roll20 does.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Hadeshorn wrote:Yeah, I figured as much. I was looking more into something with the inherent resources the way Roll20 does.

Fantasy Grounds is the only one I can think of that's like roll20.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
HellIV
Newb

Unread post by HellIV »

We have been using Roll20 for about 4 years. Our GM has spent about 4 years working on the Character sheet we use for our internal games. He has been unable to release it to the public or let other people use it because Palladium likes to sue people and they haven't responded to any of his attempts to reach out. The sheet makes it really simple to make a character as almost everything is preloaded. It also speeds up the game everything is button push. So combat runs much more smoothly. It is more functional than the Excel sheet Palladium put out. I would not be playing Rifts or buying any Palladium books if we didn't have this custom sheet.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/78349 ... st-7844201

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Hadeshorn wrote:Yeah, I figured as much. I was looking more into something with the inherent resources the way Roll20 does.

Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

That isn't why that sheet hasn't been released. That sheet author wants paid by Palladium and/or Roll20 to submit the sheet.

If we can't work a deal, I may release a free version later in the year that would be heavily stripped down. I'm not that concerned about it either way. I am simply a huge fan of the material and wanted to show folks what I can do.

LWM has left open the possibility of releasing a free version at some point, but claiming that being sued is the reason the sheet hasn't been released is rubbish.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

HellIV wrote:We have been using Roll20 for about 4 years. Our GM has spent about 4 years working on the Character sheet we use for our internal games. He has been unable to release it to the public or let other people use it because Palladium likes to sue people and they haven't responded to any of his attempts to reach out. The sheet makes it really simple to make a character as almost everything is preloaded. It also speeds up the game everything is button push. So combat runs much more smoothly. It is more functional than the Excel sheet Palladium put out. I would not be playing Rifts or buying any Palladium books if we didn't have this custom sheet.

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/78349 ... st-7844201

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Link doesn't link to the post anymore, if you want to get a link that lasts more than a day or so you have to click permalink on the post and copy that link as it is different from what the current link at the top of the page would be. I have no idea why their forums are set up that way but they are.

Return to “Rifts®”