Warrior monks and rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ryokoryu
Wanderer

Warrior monks and rifts

Unread post by ryokoryu »

As far as I can tell they get no benefit from their religious station and are more limited when comming to rifts earth than most other men at arms and the like. I was looking through CB1 and PFRPG and don't see much benefit to one in an MD world. am I missing something or are they less adaptable than non-magical non-psychic characters?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Warrior monks and rifts

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Save some skill changes, most features of that class were subsumed into the Sohei in Rifts Japan. Alternatively, one could check out the Bishamon from the same book and the Monk from db1: Wormwood for variants on the idea.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Warrior monks and rifts

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The reason behind the no religious classes that get a benefit is because (opinion) PB has wisely kept real world ones out of their books.

Thou, there are the ones in Japan worldbook. They are PPE users for their MA powers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”