NGR Anti-Glitterboy Mecha

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

NGR Anti-Glitterboy Mecha

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Here is my latest creation produced by the NGR /New Sacramento alliance. It is a super samas size flying mecha created as an Anti-Glitterboy mech. I hope you all enjoy it.

Corsair
Anti-Chromium Armor and multi-role attack armor.

By Emerald Moonsilver

With the amount of new chromium armor mecha coming out, both from the NGR/New Sacramento alliance and New Quebec, some officials in the NGR were becoming nervous about what to do if these mecha were used against them. The coalition now had an anti-Glitter Boy mech, but they did not. Something had to be done since it was doubtful the coalition would hand over the design plans to their latest toys.

Several designs of various sizes and abilities were looked over and what was chosen was a new multi-role flying mecha that is designed as a smaller version of the Triax Talon flying mecha, but without the chest mounted weapon arms or huge back wings, which prevents gliding, but this is considered acceptable. Instead the mech relies on a set of variable geometry wings that can range from 90 degrees straight out as it flies in a prone position to almost swept back at a 60 degree angle. Like the Talon this allows the mech to fly up to mach 1.5 in level flight, and up to mach 2 in a dive.

Some if the new weapons being included are a new variable frequency laser cannon, a medium range rail gun capable of firing various ammo types, and a high power plasma blade for close in fighting. The mecha is also the second creation of New Sacramento / Triax to use the now perfect C.A.D.A.S. defense system that was first used on the Tiger Shark bot.

Unlike previous armors, such as the Maverick, sold by the New Sacramento / NGR alliance this mech would be for internal use only.

To protect itself from the Boom gun and other kinetic weapons the armor is fitted with impact absorbing armor that is very similar to Northern Gun’s anti-ballistic body armor, but scaled up in size, but lacking the air cushion the body armor has.

The armor itself takes half damage from all kinetic attacks, such as punches, kicks, falls, explosions, bullets, rail guns, etc. If the pilot manages a roll with the punch the damage is cut to 25%. All energy weapons, magic and psionics still do full damage to the armor.

Although the armor can be painted in a variety of patterns depending on the chosen mission, the anti-ballistic armor has a natural red, almost metallic tint to it, causing the mech to be nick named the “Red Devil” by the test pilots.

A series of sensors built into the mech feed targeting data from all angles to the pilot the ability to “auto-dodge” incoming attacks.

Corsair Armor

Model Type: LS-126 (AB)
Class: Anti-Robot, Anti-Chromium armor
Crew: One Pilot
M.D.C by Location:
VFL-26 Laser Cannons (2): 130
NWT-23 Rail Gun: 110
TX-52 Particle Beam Rifle: 100
Plasma Blade Housing: 75
Leg Mounted Missile Launcher (2): 100 Each
* Head: 110
*Sensor Packages (6): 10 Each
**Rear Thruster Jets (3): 125 Each
**Folding Wings (2): 125 Each
Leg Thrusters (2 per leg):75 Each
*Hands (2): 35 Each
Arms (2): 120 Each
*Armored UEL Cables (2): 12 Each
Legs (2): 200 Each
***Main Body: 500
Force Field: 150

* A single asterisk indicates a small and difficult target to hit requiring a called shot and even then the target is -5 to strike.

** Destroying the wings and / or rear thrusters renders the mech incapable of flight. The mech can still jump using the leg thrusters at a reduced distance.

*** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut down the mecha completely and render it useless.

Speed:

Running: 60 mph maximum with the large wing and thrusters attached, 100 mph maximum without the thrusters and wings. The act of running tires out the operator at 10% of the usual fatigue rate.

Leaping: 10 feet high and 20 feet across without using any thrusters. Using the leg thrusters the mech can cover 4 times the distance. Using the back thrusters as well allows the mech to leap up to 100 feet high and 300 feet across. Leaping distances increase by 50% with a running start.

Underwater: Similar to the X-11 Predator. Can rocket through the water up to 3o MPH, and walk along the bottom at 25% of its normal walking speed with a maximum depth of 1 mile.

Flying: The Corsair is equipped with variable geometry wings which sweep back as it gains in speed. With the wings straight out at their full 18 foot width the mecha enjoys a dodging bonus of +2 due to reaction jets in the 2 wings themselves. The speed though is limited to 500 MPH. With the wings swept back the dodging bonus is lost but the top speed is increased to almost 1100 MPH, roughly mach 1.5.

Maximum altitude is 20000 feet, but at speeds under 400 MPH the mech can use its terrain following radar to fly only 30 feet above the surface of the present terrain.

Statistical Data:

Height: 12 feet. Width: 6 feet with wings down, and 18 feet with wings fully extended. Length: almost 5 feet.

Weight: 2 tons.
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. 35

Cargo: Minimal, room for 1 pistol, survival pack, med kit and 2 extra E-clips.

Power System: Nuclear with a 15 year life.

Cost and Availability: Internal NGR and New Sacramento use only. If sold, would be worse roughly 5 to 6 million credits.

Weapon Systems:

1. VFL-26 Laser Cannons

These are 2 long range variable frequency laser cannon which are attached to the main thruster pack and are the primary weapon used to strafe Glitter Boys from on high. On the ground the 2 cannons face forward, but as the mech transitions to flight they rotate 90 degrees to match the mech’s prone flying position. The prone form of the flying mech makes it harder for the mech to be targeted as it approaches.

Primary Purpose: Anti-chromium mecha, assault weapon.

Secondary Purpose: Anti-aircraft, C.A.D.A.S. defense system.

Mega-Damage: 1d6x10+10 single cannon, 2d6x10+20, dual cannon fire.

Maximum Range: 8000 feet.

Rate of Fire: Equal to pilot’s combined hand to hand attacks (usually 4-6).

Payload: Unlimited, linked to mecha’s nuclear reactor.

2. NWT-23 Rail Gun Cannon

This is a medium range rail gun that can be equipped with a variety of ammo including D.U. and silver rounds. The gun is attached to the mech’s left arm.

Primary Purpose: Assault, anti-vehicle.

Secondary Purpose: Anti-Supernatural and C.A.D.A.S. defense system.

Mega-Damage: 1d6x10 M.D. per 30 round burst. Double damage to supernatural when silver rounds are used.

Maximum Range: 4000 feet.

Payload: 3000 rounds for100 bursts total.

3. TX-52 Particle Beam Rifle

Extended range particle beam rifle attached to the mech’s right arm.

Primary Purpose: Anti-robot, anti-vehicle.

Secondary Purpose: C.A.D.A.S. defense system

Mega-Damage: 1d6x10 M.D. Critical strike for double damage on a natural 19-20 on a D-20.

Maximum Range: 2000 feet.

Payload: Unlimited when attached to armor’s reactor, plus a secondary E-clip in the weapon providing 30 additional shots.

4. Plasma Blade

This close assault weapon is positioned on the right arm and quite useful in slicing UEL cables on other mechs, amongst other things.

Primary Purpose: HTH attacks

Mega-Damage: 5d6 M.D.

Payload: Unlimited

5. Leg Mini-Missile Launchers (1 per leg)

Primary Purpose: Anti-aircraft, anti-personnel

Secondary Purpose: C.A.D.A.S. Defense

Missile Type: Any type can be used.

Mega-Damage: Varies per missile used.

Range: 1Mile.

Rate of Fire: 1, 2, 4, or all 8.

Payload: 4 missiles in each leg launcher.

6. U.E.L. System (2)

The suit is also equipped with a universal energy link in each arm that can accommodate any hand held human or power armor size weapon.

7. Force Field Array:

The mecha is also equipped with a force field system taken from the new version of the Ultimax mecha.

8. C.A.D.A.S. (Computer Assisted Defense and Avoidance System.)

This now perfected system is the next step in automated mecha operation. While some mecha produced today have the ability to fire and track a weapon independently of the pilot or gunner of a robot, this system takes it one step further.

When the pilot is rendered unconscious or manually activates the system it assumes complete control of the mecha with an emphasis on returning the pilot back to several pre-programmed locations at its best possible speed. Weapon use during this time is used in a defensive manner only. At the same time the system has a built in medical scanning system, equal to a paramedic skill of 92% that notifies the nearest triage station as to the pilot’s present medical condition and can inject a selection of drugs, or even an I.R.M.S.S. nano robots to help stabilize the pilot.

9. Hand to Hand Combat Bonuses.

For full benefits, the pilot needs the Robot Combat Elite Corsair, otherwise the bonuses from robot combat basic apply.

Also, note when the Full C.A.D.A.S. system is active you only apply the bonuses from it, not the player’s own bonuses as well, since the computer system is handling all tasks then.

Restrained Punch: 1d6 M.D.
Full Punch: 2d4 M.D.
Power Punch: 4d4 M.D. (Counts as two attacks)
Kicks: 2d8 M.D.
Power Kick: 4d8 M.D. (Counts as two attacks)
Body Block (Ground): 1d8 M.D.
Body Block (Flying): 2d8 M.D.

+2 to strike.
+4 to parry.
+2 to dodge on ground.
+6 to dodge while flying with wings extended, otherwise +4 to dodge.
+2 to auto-dodge.
+3 to roll with impact.
+2 to pull punch
+2 attacks at level one, and 1 additional attack at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12.

(In full C.A.D.A.S. mode bonuses are as thus):

+2 strike with ranged weapons
+3 strike with hand to hand
+2 dodge
+3 pull punch
+3 roll with impact, punch or fall.

10. Sensor Systems:

All standard systems plus a terrain following radar mentioned earlier, along with 6 cameras and a helmet camera that can record and transmit data with a 96 hour record time.
The cameras also act as an early warning system and threat identification system with voice alert. These cameras plus the radar provide the auto-dodge bonus.

A multi-optics system is also built into the helmet and provides night vision and infrared vision out to 1600 feet and ultraviolet vision out to 800 feet. A 35 power telescopic sight out to 3 miles is also included.
Last edited by Emerald MoonSilver on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: NGR Anti-Glitterboy Mecha

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i would think the NGR would just use their super trooper armour.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Shark_Force wrote:i would think the NGR would just use their super trooper armour.

Or their own FAR superior Glitterboys.

Who exactly is the NGR facing that deploys GBs anyway?
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Just about anything with mid- to high-damage kinetic artillery or missile launchers would do the job quite effectively, And their standard/power armor laser rifles are variable frequency anyway.
IMHO the Coalition sank too much money/resources into their 'Glitterboy Killer' when they shoulda looked into mini-missile launchers, grenade launchers, and longer-ranged rail guns(the C-30R would eb my weapon of choice, with its 2 mile range, provided you can see the Glitterboy before it sees you) instead.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Who exactly is the NGR facing that deploys GBs anyway?

^^This.^^
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:i would think the NGR would just use their super trooper armour.

Or their own FAR superior Glitterboys.

Who exactly is the NGR facing that deploys GBs anyway?

As Hotrod said ^^THIS^^.

The NGR and the CS have better options to deal with GBs than specialized killers as taalismn said than just building a Glitterboy killer. Are lasers even the main weapon of most PA/Vehicle/'bots on Rifts Earth? (I thought that honor went to Mini Missiles and Rail Guns, infantry sure lasers seem to be the main weapon of choice, but other types...).
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

ShadowLogan wrote:[

The NGR and the CS have better options to deal with GBs than specialized killers as taalismn said than just building a Glitterboy killer. Are lasers even the main weapon of most PA/Vehicle/'bots on Rifts Earth? (I thought that honor went to Mini Missiles and Rail Guns, infantry sure lasers seem to be the main weapon of choice, but other types...).

Lasers, I think, are a favorite because they just need a power source and aren't ammo-dependent, so they're cheaper in the long run, so they show up a lot. Rail Gun are popular for their kinetic punch(and potential custom ammunition), but you still have to feed the things. And mini-missiles, while lots of fun, are wallet-emptiers, if you're on a budget/limited income.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

taalismn wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:[

Lasers, I think, are a favorite because they just need a power source and aren't ammo-dependent, so they're cheaper in the long run, so they show up a lot. Rail Gun are popular for their kinetic punch(and potential custom ammunition), but you still have to feed the things. And mini-missiles, while lots of fun, are wallet-emptiers, if you're on a budget/limited income.

I am not saying I disagree with the why use X over Y, I meant in terms of number of examples.

I did some counting (via an incomplete Rifts Inventory in a Database query actually) but of the 1,902 mecha (PA/Bot/Vehicle/Ship) weapon systems:
-Ion: 71
-Particle Beam: 84
-Plasma: 85
-Rail Gun: 193 (various types)
-Laser: 488 (various types)
-Missile: 623 (Mini: 301, SRM: 27, MRM: 90)

The Numbers won't add up because I am not listing all of the results.

Which is odd, because it always feels like Mini-Missiles and Rail Guns are the go-to weapons over lasers (though not all books I am familiar with are in).

Return to “Rifts®”