Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®

Post subject: The Mindolar Attack
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:28 pm

D-Bee

Does the Domination Effect happen even through armor, or does it have to puncture skin?
On one hand, it doesn’t make a lot of sense if it doesn’t have to penetrate MDC armor and pierce flesh, killing a human with MDC damage instead of dominating them, but on the other, it’s just a gimp slug about to get lit the £#€% up if not.

I didn’t see any clarifications in my library and the fact that it’s tied to Psionic like abilities leaves room for ambiguity.

Post subject: Re: The Mindolar Attack
Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:54 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
Look at the SN PS tables, the "Restrained" punch allows beings with Supernatural Strength to volentarily deal SDC damage, so there is no risk of killing the victim (Unless they already only had a few HP left anyway I guess)

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 pm

D-Bee

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Look at the SN PS tables, the "Restrained" punch allows beings with Supernatural Strength to volentarily deal SDC damage, so there is no risk of killing the victim (Unless they already only had a few HP left anyway I guess)

Ok. Guilt of hyperbole. I confess.

But what of the effect?

It has to pierce flesh? Or is there some Psionic/natural demonic ability that bypasses body-armor with the Domination effect?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
TatteredBlackCape wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Ok. Guilt of hyperbole. I confess.

But what of the effect?

It has to pierce flesh? Or is there some Psionic/natural demonic ability that bypasses body-armor with the Domination effect?

I don't think it has to peirce flesh, but it does have to actually bite the flesh itself. AKA, biting the metal shell won't help, but you don't have to bite hard enough to draw blood, just biting flesh at all will do, is how I read it. leaving a bruse on flesh would be enough, but it can't go through armor (unless the bite deals enough damage to get through said armor's MDC I suppose)

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 pm

Champion

Not unlike a vampire

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:39 pm

Knight

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Even if they did, I can't see anything preventing an attempt to 'pull punch' to reduce it further.