The Mindolar Attack

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TatteredBlackCape
D-Bee

The Mindolar Attack

Unread post by TatteredBlackCape »

Does the Domination Effect happen even through armor, or does it have to puncture skin?
On one hand, it doesn’t make a lot of sense if it doesn’t have to penetrate MDC armor and pierce flesh, killing a human with MDC damage instead of dominating them, but on the other, it’s just a gimp slug about to get lit the £#€% up if not.

I didn’t see any clarifications in my library and the fact that it’s tied to Psionic like abilities leaves room for ambiguity.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: The Mindolar Attack

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Look at the SN PS tables, the "Restrained" punch allows beings with Supernatural Strength to volentarily deal SDC damage, so there is no risk of killing the victim (Unless they already only had a few HP left anyway I guess)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
TatteredBlackCape
D-Bee

Unread post by TatteredBlackCape »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Look at the SN PS tables, the "Restrained" punch allows beings with Supernatural Strength to volentarily deal SDC damage, so there is no risk of killing the victim (Unless they already only had a few HP left anyway I guess)

Ok. Guilt of hyperbole. I confess.

But what of the effect?

It has to pierce flesh? Or is there some Psionic/natural demonic ability that bypasses body-armor with the Domination effect?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

TatteredBlackCape wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Look at the SN PS tables, the "Restrained" punch allows beings with Supernatural Strength to volentarily deal SDC damage, so there is no risk of killing the victim (Unless they already only had a few HP left anyway I guess)

Ok. Guilt of hyperbole. I confess.

But what of the effect?

It has to pierce flesh? Or is there some Psionic/natural demonic ability that bypasses body-armor with the Domination effect?

I don't think it has to peirce flesh, but it does have to actually bite the flesh itself. AKA, biting the metal shell won't help, but you don't have to bite hard enough to draw blood, just biting flesh at all will do, is how I read it. leaving a bruse on flesh would be enough, but it can't go through armor (unless the bite deals enough damage to get through said armor's MDC I suppose)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Not unlike a vampire
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Even if they did, I can't see anything preventing an attempt to 'pull punch' to reduce it further.

Return to “Rifts®”