DynaTec Industries - Bullets for your valentine

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shadrak
Champion

DynaTec Industries - Bullets for your valentine

Unread post by shadrak »

DynaTec Industries, leading producer of civilian S.D.C. weapons for Coalition citizens, has been developing alternative ammunition for use in standard handguns and rifles.

Current options have been geared towards use in shotguns and have been proven to be prone to failure.

DynaTec’s answer has been polymer sheathed bullets with specialized propellants that have enabled Dynatec to offer rounds in calibers ranging from 9mmP, .45 ACP, 7.62x52, 7.62x39, and .50 BMG

Rounds:
Stone, Iron, Steel, or Silver = 2/3 range
9mmP: 2D8
.45 ACP, .300Blackout and 7.62x39: 3D6
7.62x52: 4D6
.50 BMG: 6D6

Rounds:
Bone and wood = 1/2 range
9mmP: 3D4
.45 ACP, .300 Blackout, and 7.62x39: 4D4
7.62x52: 5D4
.50 BMG: 5D6
Prole
Wanderer

Re: DynaTec Industries - Bullets for your valentine

Unread post by Prole »

Ignore what I said, your calibers are not lead-based. Though steel or iron bullets was pretty normal for Soviet nations for a long time.

Stats were mostly very much the same as normal ammo.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Prole wrote:Ignore what I said, your calibers are not lead-based. Though steel or iron bullets was pretty normal for Soviet nations for a long time.

I think you are mistaking steel casings for steel bullets.
Prole
Wanderer

Unread post by Prole »

shadrak wrote:
Prole wrote:Ignore what I said, your calibers are not lead-based. Though steel or iron bullets was pretty normal for Soviet nations for a long time.

I'm not. Steel bullets.
shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

Prole wrote:
shadrak wrote:

I'm not. Steel bullets.

You realize those are steel core bullets and not steel bullets, right? The bullet is still lead or copper-jacketed lead with a steel penetrator or a copper encased steel bullet...in which case the steel is not exposed and would not do MD to a supernatural creature...

Steel or iron would destroy a gun barrel in short order and stone would be brittle amd either shatter or damage a gun barrel...

Bone would not be resilient enough to be fired as a rifle bullet...and MDC bone would probably destroy a gun barrel unless it was softer than the steel barrel...

An iron penetrator or stone penetrator might work if it were encased in lead, but the thickness of the lead might be an issue...but you could possibly replace the polymer with lead or copper

Return to “Rifts®”