Concept Armor:California Supposition.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Not-a-rogue-scholar
D-Bee
Comment: Rifts, Robotech, and Palladium Fantasy - in that order

Concept Armor:California Supposition.

Unread post by Not-a-rogue-scholar »

A suit of powerarmor or piloted robot?
jumpjets or jets just for low altitude landing?
This is an original, concept piece of armor I came up with in some spare time.

I am working on something California, so the supposition is that it was found near the Lake Tahoe area or San Diego portion of California.
Any descriptive ideas or stat ideas would be welcome, here, for later submission to the Rifter.

Here is the drawing in the blue link below, for any of you not familiar with hyper links, just click the blue text.
[Imgur.com image link](https://i.imgur.com/Wvu0eSA.jpg)
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Concept Armor:California Supposition.

Unread post by Orin J. »

gotta be piloted robot or cyborg, there's not enough clearance for there to be a person inside that like a suit.
scalien
D-Bee

Re: Concept Armor:California Supposition.

Unread post by scalien »

Very nice design and drawing for something done in your spare time.

I think, looking at the knees I would say the legs are completely mechanical. The linkage there is very mechanical looking and I think looks cool compared to what mecha knees usually look like. I'd lean cyborg or even a Chappie style robot. That way it can carry any firearm.

I don't think it should outright fly. Considering how mountainous the California coast currently is and how much more so it could be after the Rifts, I'd say it is designed to propel up and down cliffs and through tight rock formations quickly with jump jets and a hip-mounted piton launcher with a retractable line so it can anchor in unexpected places for ambushes.

I'm not sure if you already had a purpose for the fins in the back other than vectored ducts for the back thruster. It would be interesting to have them be stabilizing fins for a drone it can launch to peek over cliffs and rock formations to make ambushes more effective

My two cents.

Return to “Rifts®”