Quike character startup...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ranger11bv
D-Bee

Quike character startup...

Unread post by ranger11bv »

Anything about paid character generators??

:D
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Quike character startup...

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The poster Hotrod made up a series of NPC stat reference cards which can be useful in generating characters, with a thread about such found on this forum. There was a decent amount of development on a Hero Lab package for Savage Rifts, but the same never happened for Palladium for the usual reasons.
ranger11bv
D-Bee

Unread post by ranger11bv »

Curbludgeon wrote:The poster Hotrod made up a series of NPC stat reference cards which can be useful in generating characters, with a thread about such found on this forum. There was a decent amount of development on a Hero Lab package for Savage Rifts, but the same never happened for Palladium for the usual reasons.

Thnx to legalize and money, fans are missing out big time!!!!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ranger11bv wrote:Anything about paid character generators??

Hi!

As Curbludgeon said, I've made some N.P.C. generators for Rifts (link in my signature below). I should point out, however, that these are designed for disposable average N.P.C.'s (think stormtroopers, red-shirted ensigns, et cetera). You could use these as quick throwaway player characters in a single-shot adventure, but I very deliberately don't optimize these; all their attributes are average, they get no secondary skills, they get no new skills as they level, I avoid "upgrade" skills, and their equipment is, as a rule, very generic.

Otherwise, you have few options. Prysus has made a fantastic spreadsheet-based character generator for Palladium Fantasy. He may try creating a Rifts one someday. You could try adapting this to a Rifts character. I made an attribute-rolling spreadsheet a while back for humans and elves several years ago.

Otherwise, you could simply take the stats of a published N.P.C. in one of the sourcebooks with lots of them and give it a new name/background.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

ranger11bv wrote:Anything about paid character generators??

paid.

No. There used to be a computer program that was written for Rifts Main Book (pre-RUE) that could be used as a Character Generator, though you'd probably have to update the source database to include new books. It used to be on Palladium's website, and it was buggy, but it isn't up anymore (I don't know how long its been down).

It also depends on just what you mean by character generator and what you want it to do. Some aspects of Palladium Character creation are easier to automate than others (skill/power/gear selections being harder).
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

There was a poster by the name of Priest (I think), that came up with a pretty good character gen program for Rifts, and he sent them a working (but far complete) version. From memory PB basically told him to stop working on it, or they'd send him a cease & desist via their lawer. Not surprisingly, he didn't stay long on the forums.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Return to “Rifts®”