Dark Millenium Druids

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SolCannibal
Champion

Dark Millenium Druids

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Just a quick idea that crossed my mind and i don't have the books to check: could a Millenium Druid OCC work with the Tree of Darkness from the Mindwerks sourcebook?

Would it be a simple matter of "alignement change" for abilities or would it call for some adaptation & rewriting to make it work?
Might it infringe on the Blood Druid's niche or is there more than enough room for both?

Feel free to thrown in your opinions, suggestions and weird ideas of your own that you think might relate to the topic somehow.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Dark Millenium Druids

Unread post by Warshield73 »

SolCannibal wrote:Just a quick idea that crossed my mind and i don't have the books to check: could a Millenium Druid OCC work with the Tree of Darkness from the Mindwerks sourcebook?

Would it be a simple matter of "alignement change" for abilities or would it call for some adaptation & rewriting to make it work?
Might it infringe on the Blood Druid's niche or is there more than enough room for both?

Feel free to thrown in your opinions, suggestions and weird ideas of your own that you think might relate to the topic somehow.

The Millennium Druid has no alignment limitations and no powers of there own, so I have always played the Tree of Darkness as having Dark Druids. I don't think I ever stated them out but my players did encounter NPCs that were basically evil Millennium Druids. A few of them had been modified by the Gene Splicer that lives in the tree but that is another story.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SolCannibal
Champion

Warshield73 wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Just a quick idea that crossed my mind and i don't have the books to check: could a Millenium Druid OCC work with the Tree of Darkness from the Mindwerks sourcebook?

The Millennium Druid has no alignment limitations and no powers of there own, so I have always played the Tree of Darkness as having Dark Druids. I don't think I ever stated them out but my players did encounter NPCs that were basically evil Millennium Druids. A few of them had been modified by the Gene Splicer that lives in the tree but that is another story.

Ah, so the OCC can be played as is, without even alignement tweaks like the Tree of Darkness has in relation to the usual version?
Good to know.
DD The Shmey
Explorer

Unread post by DD The Shmey »

There are supposed to be a bunch of orcs and DeBee's in the area around the tree of darkness, ... I would probably make the dark millennium druids one of these. Maybe a kabal of orcish Millennium druids leading a clan of orc barbarians or something of the sort. That would be cool.
SolCannibal
Champion

DD The Shmey wrote:There are supposed to be a bunch of orcs and DeBee's in the area around the tree of darkness, ... I would probably make the dark millennium druids one of these. Maybe a kabal of orcish Millennium druids leading a clan of orc barbarians or something of the sort. That would be cool.

I might use Ogres for the druids, but that is probablyy because i have a soft spot for Palladium's version of ogres.

Return to “Rifts®”