Lone Star :Ursa warriors need updated

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Lone Star :Ursa warriors need updated

Unread post by VR Dragon »

Reading over the Ursa warrior and the information presented I have to shake my head. Any little bit of time researching online would tell you bears have a much better sense of smell than a dog even the bloodhound. Sorry but it seems the bears just got made inferior just because they are physically stronger. I don't mean the psychic senses but the actual sense of smell stuff.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Lone Star :Ursa warriors need updated

Unread post by Orin J. »

been a while but lone star didn't need bears for tracking so much as muscle? they probably selected genes to pursue that and something was lost on the way.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

VR Dragon wrote:Reading over the Ursa warrior and the information presented I have to shake my head. Any little bit of time researching online would tell you bears have a much better sense of smell than a dog even the bloodhound. Sorry but it seems the bears just got made inferior just because they are physically stronger. I don't mean the psychic senses but the actual sense of smell stuff.

Given that they are the product of genetic engineering they could have raised the strength at the cost of accidentally having damaged the smell.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

A dog's sense of smell is about 100X better than a human, a bloodhound's about 300X. A bear has a sense of smell 7x better than a bloodhound. If you're in Yosemite, you're probably getting smelled by a bear.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Bear should mind their damn business then.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Orin J. wrote:Bear should mind their damn business then.

This literally made me guffaw just now :lol:
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack

Return to “Rifts®”