Orbital Community's response?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SolCannibal
Champion

Re: Orbital Community's response?

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Orin J. wrote:A.R.C.H.I.E 3 was a unique case even before the rifts in that they were intentionally experimenting with seeing how they could develop it with brain-interfacing if i recall. It's doubtful that anyone wants to run those tests on a mainframe they're currently depending on for maintaining safe orbit.

We teach a machine to think like a human and it decides it needs to turn to megalomania and have people worship it as a god to feel important. Typical.

A.R.C.H.I.E 3's defense, he went through the equivalent of at least two nervous breakdowns before he got into the "i'm a god, humans are pupppets" mode, if memory tricks me not. That's one more than the Angel of Death, that actually started as human....
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

SolCannibal wrote:
Orin J. wrote:A.R.C.H.I.E 3 was a unique case even before the rifts in that they were intentionally experimenting with seeing how they could develop it with brain-interfacing if i recall. It's doubtful that anyone wants to run those tests on a mainframe they're currently depending on for maintaining safe orbit.

We teach a machine to think like a human and it decides it needs to turn to megalomania and have people worship it as a god to feel important. Typical.

A.R.C.H.I.E 3's defense, he went through the equivalent of at least two nervous breakdowns before he got into the "i'm a god, humans are pupppets" mode, if memory tricks me not. That's one more than the Angel of Death, that actually started as human....

Yeah but in Engel's case she does have a head full of experimental crazy-chips, so her descent into madness was a bit more inevitable :)
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Well this is one area where Palladium was actually ahead of the times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tay_(bot) :lol:
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Rallan wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

Yeah but in Engel's case she does have a head full of experimental crazy-chips, so her descent into madness was a bit more inevitable :)

Well, IS an artificial brain made wholy of experimental crazy-chips.... :-D

Return to “Rifts®”