Enchanting?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Godslayer
D-Bee

Enchanting?

Unread post by Godslayer »

So what are all of the various ways for creating Magic Items in Rifts?

I sort of hate that everything focuses on Techno-Wizardry. There's got to be more ways then just that to magic items of power.

Sure there are Talisman and Amulets, but I'm sure there are other options out there that I'm just not aware of.

I really want to like the Techno-Smithy, but it's just so meh. Conjurer is even more meh. (I personally think that Conjurer is the weakest OCC in the game currently).

I've seen a few books talk about Enchanted Armor (there is a guy in Merc Town with with enchanted leather, etc).

What actual OCCs out there can make enchanted stuff?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Enchanting?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Varuious ways to create magic items in Rifts:
-Necromancer OCC (WB4, WB19), they have a decent number of items they can create via spell list
-Techno-Wizard OCC and its variants
-Eco-Wizard OCC (WB26), really a variant of Techno-Wizard
-WB20 has a selection of specialized Amulet/Talismans beyond those on the Invocation list for a Shaman
-WB15 has Native American magic items
-Conjurer OCC (WB16)
-High Magnus OCC (WB16, or one of the Magnus)
-Biomancer OCC (WB6)
-Nazca Line Magic (WB6)
-N'hur Dwarves (SB4/DoNA, I think I have the spelling right) a variant of Rune magic
-Hornune and Naut'yll (WB7, spelling?), both races are worth checking out for magic items they can create (tends to be a bit TW-ish)
-Samurai (WB8 Japan), technically they can only create a Rune Diasho
=Bio-Wizardry (WB2, though with examples in other books), this includes mainline Rune items, but also other items
-Mystic Kynza (spelling, WB19)
Godslayer
D-Bee

Unread post by Godslayer »

Do any of these guys do what would be considered more standard type enchanting in other games? For example: making leather armor MDC or making a flaming sword, etc.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Godslayer wrote:Do any of these guys do what would be considered more standard type enchanting in other games? For example: making leather armor MDC or making a flaming sword, etc.

Mystic Smith (can't spell the real name) from Russia can do that but if memory serves me they might have to reach level 15 to be able to do it.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Godslayer wrote:What actual OCCs out there can make enchanted stuff?

I think it might've been Fleets of the Three Galaxies which had a more flexible Talisman-maker from the UWW who could do automatic charges-per-day stuff like the Altara AOI amulet.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Godslayer wrote:Do any of these guys do what would be considered more standard type enchanting in other games? For example: making leather armor MDC or making a flaming sword, etc.

Re: MDC leather
Actually there are sources of "natural" MDC leather without the need for enchantment. WB14 (for example) if you read the Dinosaur/dino-like creature entries, you will find notes on MDC hides. WB23 (Spyn Dim. Market, for example) also has a MDC leather shop (off hand I forget if it was enchanted leather or not). So the stuff is out there.

Re: standard type enchanting.
It varies, but some do have the ability to enchant materials, the more generic magic weapons not so much unless you go with TW/EW or Bio-Wizardry or import the Palladium Fantasy Alchemist (Main Book and IIRC Western Empire SB, results would be converted obviously). There are places that do more conventional alchemy (SB3 Kingdom of Tarno, WB6 Atlantean/Amazon city), but the most common form of enchanting on Rifts Earth is TW.

Really though if you are looking for more mundane items, you could just make a "simple" TW device and treat the result as a mundane enchantment. Or work with the existing Invocation Spells (which probably show why "standard" stuff hasn't taken off compared to other styles).

Axelmania wrote:
Godslayer wrote:What actual OCCs out there can make enchanted stuff?

I think it might've been Fleets of the Three Galaxies which had a more flexible Talisman-maker from the UWW who could do automatic charges-per-day stuff like the Altara AOI amulet.

It is not Fot3G, your thinking of the Techno-Smithy found in DB6 (pg84-5).
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Thanks, I knew it was a PW sourcebook, guess I had a mental block for that earlier one of they were flowing together. I wonder if when DB9 eventually comes out that might complicate matters further.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

One of the points of Rifts is that it DOESNT have a lot of "traditional" magic item creation.

Also, NPCs can create literally anything. If what you want is a Player Character that can create these items...

its not a bug, its a feature. There aren't many/any. There aren't supposed to be. Even in PF, Alchemist isn't supposed to be a PC class.

Magic Items like that are reward-loot from the GM, as intended. They are created by (Insert GM-fiat reason here) by (whoever the GM wants), and PCs find/buy them. THey dont create them.

Working as Intended.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

They mystic smith and the pirate dwarves both are pretty traditional enchanter types. They are both basically the same thing with slightly different flavors.

Return to “Rifts®”