Poisons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Poisons

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Where can I find some varieties. Animal, plant, or alchemy... I'm looking to make an assassin who uses them.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Poisons

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Palladium Fantasy has some poisons for the Assassin class.

In general they're underwhelming. There's basically no poison that will reliably kill a healthy adult human of middling level unless you get the venom of Jormungar.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium Fantasy has some poisons for the Assassin class.

In general they're underwhelming. There's basically no poison that will reliably kill a healthy adult human of middling level unless you get the venom of Jormungar.

Then I think I shall make some... unless, did Earthling gain a resistance or immunity to them in the dark ages after the cataclysm?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

HarleeKnight wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium Fantasy has some poisons for the Assassin class.

Then I think I shall make some... unless, did Earthling gain a resistance or immunity to them in the dark ages after the cataclysm?

Rather, Palladium would rather you had a fighting chance to die on your feet than be instantly and casually snuffed because somebody needled you with a shot of curare or polonium..

It's an interesting idea, however, that exposure to all the wild pathogens, toxins, and magic has bred post-Rifts humans into a hardier lot than Golden Age humans(even with genetic tinkering), making them mutants with a high poison threshold.

In general, I try to make the nastier poisons that aren't outright corrosives, bypass SSC and go directly to Hit Points, making them that much more threatening. Nerve agents or persistent poisons should also have side effects such as diminished coordination, P.E. depletion, sensory difficulties, and cumulative degeneration of a person's saving throws and other health signs.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

England's Herbalist describes

Belladonna
2d6*10 damage
Paralysis for 2d6 minutes
Sick for 3d6 or 4d6 hours
It can be magicked up to 2d4*10 MD

Fox Glove
2d4*10 damage
Convulsions for 1d6 minutes

Jimsonweed
2d4*10 damage
Paralysis 1d4 minutes
Penalties for 3d6 hours

So I'm thinking a Blood Druid.
If you're feeling like you need more skills, Perhaps a Rifts Mercenaries Super Spy with Blood Druid powers.

It does say that within the last 15 years blood druids have shown up in east coast and magic zone...

Return to “Rifts®”