RIFTS Comic Book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Godslayer
D-Bee

RIFTS Comic Book?

Unread post by Godslayer »

The first Rifts® comic book script is finished. Matthew Clements was boiling with excitement the other day about finishing his first Rifts® comic book script. He let me hold his handwritten draft before taking it home to be typed and tweaked on the computer. I’ll be “allowed” to read it in a day or two when Matthew feels it is truly done. I’m looking forward to it. We talked more today about expectations and deadlines.

He has many ideas for the comic book, interesting characters and has a loose plot outline for the next 12 issues. He and I developed the broad concepts and a few particulars together, the rest is all Matthew Clements. Now I need to find the right artist for the job.

We don’t want to reveal too much about any of our comic book projects just yet, but I can say that it follows the misadventures of a young Shifter in search of fame and fortune. He has something to prove to the haughty powers that be back in the Federation of Magic™, but tends to be reckless and a bit too daring.

Did this thing ever get published?
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Re: RIFTS Comic Book?

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Godslayer wrote:
The first Rifts® comic book script is finished. Matthew Clements was boiling with excitement the other day about finishing his first Rifts® comic book script. He let me hold his handwritten draft before taking it home to be typed and tweaked on the computer. I’ll be “allowed” to read it in a day or two when Matthew feels it is truly done. I’m looking forward to it. We talked more today about expectations and deadlines.

He has many ideas for the comic book, interesting characters and has a loose plot outline for the next 12 issues. He and I developed the broad concepts and a few particulars together, the rest is all Matthew Clements. Now I need to find the right artist for the job.

We don’t want to reveal too much about any of our comic book projects just yet, but I can say that it follows the misadventures of a young Shifter in search of fame and fortune. He has something to prove to the haughty powers that be back in the Federation of Magic™, but tends to be reckless and a bit too daring.

Did this thing ever get published?

Not that I have seen.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

There is the Erin Tarn comic: DTRPGsample (and archive)

Anyone read the full version from https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... ook-1.html yet?

Apparently they were going to do an issue 2 in 2013 according to https://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=141521 but not sure if it ever manifested.
Tim25N
Newb

Unread post by Tim25N »

This is the first graphic novel I've read (minus the "preview" sample ones from free comic book day -- although I did first find out about this series from free comic book day).
It's a big government cover up, and the main plot is driven by a rift where a WWII pilot appears and is rescued by Mary Ann and her son Elijah, who then get pulled in to a series of other rift incidents.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Last post: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 am Tim25N

Was this displaying for anyone else in the forum list? The last post I can see here is mine from July 3 and I don't have anybody blocked so I'm not sure why I can't see Tim25N's post in this thread. It keeps displaying as an unread thread because of this for some reason. I'm hoping by replying it will stop displaying that way. If I fixed it then I guess it might not show that for anyone anymore.
Godslayer
D-Bee

Unread post by Godslayer »

Tim25N wrote:This is the first graphic novel I've read (minus the "preview" sample ones from free comic book day -- although I did first find out about this series from free comic book day).
It's a big government cover up, and the main plot is driven by a rift where a WWII pilot appears and is rescued by Mary Ann and her son Elijah, who then get pulled in to a series of other rift incidents.

It wasn't blocked for me, but it doesn't really make sense? I'm not sure if when he says "This is the first graphic novel I've read" if there is supposed to be a link, etc.

Return to “Rifts®”