supplements

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sohisohi
Explorer

supplements

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Is their any supplemental material produced by other companies in the megaversal system or similar enough systems (like d20 to dnd3/4)?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: supplements

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i think there is precisely one such supplement. a rifts supplement for the manhunter setting (which i know next to nothing about, so someone else will need to fill you in on the details if you're interested).

i don't believe it is still in print. i'm not sure if palladium is even still allowed to sell it, since it isn't their IP and it was not made using an open license like the OGL for d20 was.

now, it is possible that there are others. if there are, i haven't even heard of them by reputation (i only know about this one because i've seen people mention it on these forums before). but i don't *think* there are any others.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

There is of course the Savage Worlds stuff
Shark_Force wrote:i think there is precisely one such supplement. a rifts supplement for the manhunter setting (which i know next to nothing about, so someone else will need to fill you in on the details if you're interested).

i don't believe it is still in print. i'm not sure if palladium is even still allowed to sell it, since it isn't their IP and it was not made using an open license like the OGL for d20 was.

now, it is possible that there are others. if there are, i haven't even heard of them by reputation (i only know about this one because i've seen people mention it on these forums before). but i don't *think* there are any others.

But aside from that the only one I know is from Myrmidon Press Rifts Manhunter .

It is a different take on Rifts and is really not that compatible with Rifts itself although I had a player run one of the OCCs in a Phase World campaign and I use the Manhunter robots as random robot villains ever now and then.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Warshield73 wrote:There is of course the Savage Worlds stuff
Shark_Force wrote:i think there is precisely one such supplement. a rifts supplement for the manhunter setting (which i know next to nothing about, so someone else will need to fill you in on the details if you're interested).

But aside from that the only one I know is from Myrmidon Press Rifts Manhunter .

It is a different take on Rifts and is really not that compatible with Rifts itself although I had a player run one of the OCCs in a Phase World campaign and I use the Manhunter robots as random robot villains ever now and then.

It works totally fine in a 3galaxies campaign easy enough to slot all the manhunter stuff into a corner of a galaxy no fuss no muss. But as others mentioned the savage rifts is the current fully supported alternate rule set rifts option.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

he asked about megaversal system or similar enough to be played in it folks.

rifts savage worlds does not use the megaversal system, and while i haven't played savage worlds yet i'm pretty sure the system it does use is not even remotely close to the megaversal system. you really shouldn't be offering it up in answer to the OP's question.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

I decided to look into if further and found:
Demon Hearts Falling (self published dimension book)
The Banwok Hunters (same as above)
Not sure how legit it is, since the creator asserts some contact with palladium... But it could (likely is) Grifter/Drifter content.

Return to “Rifts®”