un-supernaturalling yourself

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

un-supernaturalling yourself

Unread post by Axelmania »

I'm trying to remember any ways that creatures who are supernatural creatures can become non-supernatural either temporarily or permanently, like for example if they wanted to be immune to stuff like Protection Circle: Superior which can be a huge hassle for them.

Only thing I can possibly think of is the Shan Muo Enlightened Demon RCC from pg 96 of WB25 (China 2) and even then it doesn't seem to happen until level 15 (although at level 14 they don't radiate as supernatural they might still qualify as supernatural?)

I'm wondering if non-Chinese demons (like Hadesians, Dyvalians, Russian demons, etc) could also try this.

"Ghost and Undead Spirits" are ineligible. Since it actually more broadly says "Un-living beings, such as vampires", I think they maybe mean ALL undead, so if you got turned into a Death Demon it might no longer be possible to change to human?

I would imagine that among Dyval that maybe the new Boneling (Dyval pg 42-44) might be off limits since it looks like a skeleton. I'm not 100% sure they're legally "un-living" or "undead" though. I mean they LOOK it, but I can't seem to notice any language explicitly saying this, so perhaps they are merely faux-undead... I mean something like Turn Dead working on them like it would on Animated Dead would be significant after all and worth a mention, no?

Same problem with the "Naga Deevil" (I prefer to call them "Bone Serpent", as "Deevil" is overused) on page 61. It might be the case like a Nightbane who looks like a skeleton but isn't actually an undead.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Labassu Lost Souls from Hades being called undead though. They are explicitly "spirits" after all.

Same with the "Wraith or Deevil Wraith" (IMO the "Black Specter" name is the superior choice, as "wraith" is vague and "Deevil" being overused, as above) for some reason they seem ghosty/spirity although I'm not sure I could find text calling them un-living.

Despite saying "Ineligible demons", when it speaks of "demons of greater power than those below" it merely says "unlikely to take the path that leads to human form", so greater power's ineligibility may only be speaking of trend rather than rule. Unlikely implies it's still possible, if rare.

If a god ever turned someone into a demon and you couldn't find another god to do "dispel deific power" to cancel it out, this seems like a good option to try and regain humanity!
Sohisohi
Explorer

Re: un-supernaturalling yourself

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Conversion 2; Rifts Priest
9. Miracles >Great Miracles >Control Magic
That or call in an intervention, so long as the requested act goes with their gods plan... then I don't see why a demon can't be made mortal. I also don't know how much access a demon/devil has to a God, a Priest might be the best middleman/connection to a God.

That or a demon could marries/enslaves a nega-psychic, preferably bts variant.

The only other route I can think of is, maybe, gene-splicers / gene-tech depending on how you interpret the text.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: un-supernaturalling yourself

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There's a Circle of Power created by the Old Ones ((Technically a super matrix that connects hundreds of power circles and mystical symbols and wards)) that will transform any being, no matter how powerful, into a mortal Elf with no supernatural powers whatever.

This was explicitly used BY old Ones, on themselves, so they could experiance being purely mortal for a while, and is stated to work on any being whatever, in theory even bypassing things like Atlantean immunirty. It's the font of one of the greatest magical complexes ever created and was designed to strip the Old Ones of their powers so they could enjoy the simple pleasures only available to mortals, so...

((note, you have to step back on the circle and repeat the activation word to turn back into what you were, Note this is also a different circle than the one used to trap Xy in Thoth's body as this one does not replace memories))
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”