Cyborg radars where are they?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Knight_General
Wanderer

Cyborg radars where are they?

Unread post by Knight_General »

alright so right now what I need is a radar for my cyborg the greater the distance the better. I would like books and page numbers if you know where they are off the top of your head don't go searching for them as I know you guys and gals have other things to do besides doing something I can do I just don't know where to look I have already checked the bionics sourcebook just FYI
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Cyborg radars where are they?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

There is a Cyborg Radar Warning Receiver on pg37 of the Bionics SB. Pg102 also has Sonar and Sonic Echo-location, these are the closest I think you will find to Radar for Cyborgs AFAIK.

There are man-portable units in MercOps or RUE/RMB equipment sections IINM, they might also be copy and pasted in other books. The only Borg Frames that come with Radar Sensors like the type I think you are asking about are Mechanoids.

EDIT: outside of the Rifts line, Heroes Unlimited (pg106 main book) has a Radar feature for their borgs.
Knight_General
Wanderer

okay thank you
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I don't think it would be crazy to make Power Armor systems available for Cyborgs.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I agree you could use Power Armor or Robot RCC (which borrows Bionic systems so why not the other way), but it may not be very cost effective. I'm looking at three portable radars (Scan Dihilator-RUE pg264, Mini-Radar RUE pg265, Wilks unit in Merc Ops pg106-7), and they have a range of 5miles and are no more than 5500credits. The Robot RCC in SB1o has a micro-radar has a shorter range and inferior detection/tracking capabilities compared to these portable units AND it costs 200,000credits. And that radar is suitable for man-size 'bots, the maxi-radar is far more powerful but costs x3 more with the only real benefit that I can see is in range, but that one is intended for vehicle/giant bots. SB1o says that Power Armor sensors can be repaired/replaced/added that are comparable to bionic systems at 10% additional cost.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

The NGR's VX-2020 "Monster" cyborg has radar. Page 117 in World Book 5. That's the only radar equipped Borg I know about in Rifts. Maybe some of the designs in the Sovietski world book might have it.

Oddly, the Heroes Unlimited "Bionics" category has radar. With a one mile range. But it's there. Not sure why it's absent in Rifts.
Knight_General
Wanderer

thanks, guys and gals for the information I will ask my GM if I can get one of those.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Those who live in tin cans should not throw the first microwave.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

kaid wrote:Those who live in tin cans should not throw the first microwave.

Does this mean the borgs would "sparkle"?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
HisTyness
D-Bee

Unread post by HisTyness »

Warshield73 wrote:
kaid wrote:Those who live in tin cans should not throw the first microwave.

Does this mean the borgs would "sparkle"?

Only if they're angsty teenaged vampires. But then, they'll reject the implants.

Return to “Rifts®”