guide to make aliens

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Knight_General
Wanderer

guide to make aliens

Unread post by Knight_General »

i know you can make them in HU but are there guides to making an alien race in Rifts?

the reason i am asking is because i want to play a teleporting swordswoman. i know i can make her in HU alien race creation but i would like to try and stay with rifts as much as possible. i would need the racial ability to teleport up to 60 ft nothing more than that.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: guide to make aliens

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Knight_General wrote:i know you can make them in HU but are there guides to making an alien race in Rifts?

the reason i am asking is because i want to play a teleporting swordswoman. i know i can make her in HU alien race creation but i would like to try and stay with rifts as much as possible. i would need the racial ability to teleport up to 60 ft nothing more than that.

Not really? You can just create their race in Heroes and convert it via CB1.

Its primarily just up to your GM.

You could also check out Dimension Book 4: Skraypers, which is basically a superhero-like setting for Rifts and has “Rifts Canon” version of the super powers.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rifts PhaseWorld has quick roll-up tables for alien species.
If you want to create strictly SDC species, the Palladium Fantasy Roleplaying Game Land of the Damned also has tables for creating (Infernal Minion-oriented) various new species; it canoe used in part or in entirety to supplement the Phaseworld tables.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

If you want SDC just use the aliens unlimited or after the bomb to whip them up. Not much conversion even needed if they are just SDC. If you want an MDC one just use the conversion book.
Knight_General
Wanderer

Unread post by Knight_General »

okay thank you very much guys this really helps me a lot this thread can be closed
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Options that I know of for a short ranged teleport:
the Dimensional Leap Phase Power, DB3 Phase World pg. 33
the lesser superpower Shadow Stepping, HU Powers Unlimited pg. 40
the Shadow Shift Shadow Magic spell, DB15 Secrets of the Atlanteans pg. 101
the greater superpower Portals, HU Powers Unlimited pg. 87
the greater superpower Portal, HU Armageddon Unlimited pg 19

The PortalS power takes two actions to set up a teleport, but can be put under people against their will, while the Portal power takes one action to use, but can't be used offensively. The Shadow Stepping power is teleporting from shadow to shadow, which is made easier with other powers like Shadow Melding. The Shadow Shift spell is the same thing, but costs PPE to use. The Phase Power Dimensional Leap is exactly what you want, but it's limited to Phase Mystics and Promethians. I'd say either make that one Phase power into a lesser superpower and stick it on a custom alien species, or make the swordswoman a Phase Mystic.

Return to “Rifts®”