Tolkeen Real Estate Market

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

OregonRift
D-Bee

Tolkeen Real Estate Market

Unread post by OregonRift »

My players have become interested in purchasing property (specifically a "warehouse") in/near/ or around Tolkeen. Does anyone have any idea's about how I would go about this besides Guesstimating?
:?
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Tolkeen Real Estate Market

Unread post by Father Goose »

Prices for land, buildings, and similar property are not really defined in Palladium games. You're likely going to have to wing it.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

OregonRift wrote:My players have become interested in purchasing property (specifically a "warehouse") in/near/ or around Tolkeen. Does anyone have any idea's about how I would go about this besides Guesstimating?

No, not really, but the price will depend a great deal on if this is antebellum, bellum, or postbellum Tolkeen!
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My usual method is to look up similar property in my area and come up with a price based on that.

Pick a metro area, come up with a few option.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
OregonRift
D-Bee

Unread post by OregonRift »

Thanks for the help everyone, I'm just gonna wing a price based on the average cost of some of the vehicles currently being used in the campaign, and times that number by ten. It's in 105 PA and the campaign of unity is just kicking off.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

If it's before Tolkeen falls, then the prime real estate will be very expensive indeed. If it's after Tolkeen falls, then you'll be squatting in some ruins outside CS military camps; as long as you're not a debee or magic user, they probably won't care.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

OregonRift wrote:My players have become interested in purchasing property (specifically a "warehouse") in/near/ or around Tolkeen. Does anyone have any idea's about how I would go about this besides Guesstimating?

You'll have to guess it, that being said, just look at factory (or similar property) prices online. It seems janky, but just convert dollars to credits and maybe add an extra Zer0 depending on it it's peak or early Tolkeen.

Return to “Rifts®”