Titan Robotics Sourcebook?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Titan Robotics Sourcebook?

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I'm curious as to who thinks that the Titan Robotics Sourcebook, when it's fully finished (not just the raw manuscript) will be fun to read through? Look at the just released section of the main page to see what I'm talking about.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
kaid
Knight

Re: Titan Robotics Sourcebook?

Unread post by kaid »

I got my RAW today but only had a time to flip through it but it looks like at a glance it should be very useful. Lots of stuff on how titan robotics works as a company and other archie stuff but also good run down of existing titan robotics gear and expanded product line of power armor/robot vehicles and other consumer goods. Given that it is up there with NG for public available heavy military hardware looks like its a good match with NG1 NG2 books for being super useful for an NA campaign.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

When it comes out I am so looting it for Shemarrian Civil War gear(on both sides) :bandit:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

I grabbed a Raw copy so... guess that says what I think about it.

If that doesn't cut it. I'll likely enjoy it like I enjoy NG1/2 and pretty much all of the other rifts books. It'll be interesting to see what so called 'secrets' the company has and what if anything the book has to say about the Toaster and his human buddy.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

taalismn wrote:When it comes out I am so looting it for Shemarrian Civil War gear(on both sides) :bandit:

At a glance I think the gist of this book is more on the consumer facing side of titan robotics and how the public side of the company is setup think something along the lines of NG1 or NG2.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

kaid wrote:[

At a glance I think the gist of this book is more on the consumer facing side of titan robotics and how the public side of the company is setup think something along the lines of NG1 or NG2.

Yes, but in my/our SCW AU setting the rebel Shemarrians are kitbashing stuff together from scavenged components, ARCHIE-3(in desperation) is putting together new units from whatever he and Hagan can kludge together, and Titan Robotics, with shipments interrupted by the SCW is either relying more heavily on any factories established outside the Shemarrian Nation exclusion zone*, or looking to develop new facilities to stay afloat.

*And if TR has any new factories, you can bet that ARCHIE-3 will have some sort of extra 'presence' built-in; and that makes it a possible hideyhole for the AI and a target for the EShemar when they start tracking down the 'Dark One's' assets, and THAT has the potential of the SCW more overtly spilling over into the rest of the country.

See, I haven't even seen the new book yet and already it's providing story grist. :D :idea:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

taalismn wrote:
kaid wrote:[

Yes, but in my/our SCW AU setting the rebel Shemarrians are kitbashing stuff together from scavenged components, ARCHIE-3(in desperation) is putting together new units from whatever he and Hagan can kludge together, and Titan Robotics, with shipments interrupted by the SCW is either relying more heavily on any factories established outside the Shemarrian Nation exclusion zone*, or looking to develop new facilities to stay afloat.

*And if TR has any new factories, you can bet that ARCHIE-3 will have some sort of extra 'presence' built-in; and that makes it a possible hideyhole for the AI and a target for the EShemar when they start tracking down the 'Dark One's' assets, and THAT has the potential of the SCW more overtly spilling over into the rest of the country.

See, I haven't even seen the new book yet and already it's providing story grist. :D :idea:

I have to say like the sovietski raw preview this is another pretty complete book. An editing pass or two and throw some art in and it's in good shape for publishing. I think this one if it releases anything like the raw would be a very popular and useful addition.

A lot more info on the logistics of how archie stocks the various store rooms as well which is worth a ton of story hooks on the various ways he does it.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

kaid wrote:I have to say like the sovietski raw preview this is another pretty complete book. An editing pass or two and throw some art in and it's in good shape for publishing. I think this one if it releases anything like the raw would be a very popular and useful addition.

A lot more info on the logistics of how archie stocks the various store rooms as well which is worth a ton of story hooks on the various ways he does it.

Agreed. I spent a few hours this weekend reading through the Raw edition and it looks great. I have been using stuff from the Rifters to add to ARCHIE for years and now it looks like we are going to get it all in one handy source.

I have to say thought that to me the fact that this book is so ready for publication and that it is sure to be a hit is the only reason that I am upset that they released it as a Raw edition. I can understand releasing a Raw edition for an almost completed book right before Open House or Gen Con but the timing for this is off.

Give us the Raw editions for LOD 3, Tome Grotesque, Beyond Arcanum or, and I am sure PB is tired of me saying this, but how about Hardware Unlimited. I love Raw editions but they would be a lot more useful, and interesting, if they plugged holes that are not likely to get filled by regular books any time soon.

Still though great book and I can't wait for the completed version.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I think one reason they probably did a raw preview of this was it was in such good shape that throwing it into a format they can print was probably a super low hanging fruit to go after. I did not notice even any real bothersome editing stuff so it was in solid shape for a raw preview. Some of those other products you probably wind up something more like the heroes of humanity/disavowed preview which was more of a high level concept and compilation of some snippets of what they wanted for those books. Organizing something like that which is way more raw is probably harder and for something like this the easier it is to put out the more likely it is to happen.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

So looking for ward to getting this book. one of the few i have been wanting for a long time.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Hell knight wrote:So looking for ward to getting this book. one of the few i have been wanting for a long time.

Yeah I would say that it just behind the World Books on Lazlo / New Lazlo for the book I have been waiting on the longest.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

If they ever do a lazlo book and they do a megaverse insider I will freaking throw down for the biggest entry I can physically afford.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

kaid wrote:If they ever do a lazlo book and they do a megaverse insider I will freaking throw down for the biggest entry I can physically afford.

If they only have one Ultimate Insider like this time, you will have to race me to it.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Hell Kaid and Warshield73 if they do lazlo i will run you two down to get there first .

Return to “Rifts®”