Repair rules. Not cost of repairs.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tanith_Spectre
D-Bee

Repair rules. Not cost of repairs.

Unread post by Tanith_Spectre »

I am looking for rules on how long it takes to repair armor, weapons, robots, vehicles, and power armor. I am not looking for the cost of repairs i found those. I am looking for them for both Rifts and Chaos Earth. Any help would be welcomed.
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: Repair rules. Not cost of repairs.

Unread post by Tiree »

I know your not looking for this, but others might:

Cost of Repair: varies; Page 36 - Sourcebook 1 Revised
Time to Repair Armor: 2 Hours for 10 SDC (I'm sure this can be MDC as well); Page 126 - Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition

I am sure there are alternate sources for this information as well. But as we know, Palladium uses all it's sources for information. I hope that helps
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

old Robotech 1E Book5 Invid Invasion and Sentinels RPG for the Bio Maintenance Engineer had times listed.
Tanith_Spectre
D-Bee

Unread post by Tanith_Spectre »

Thanks
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Simplest is the tech masters from south america since they just pay ISP, or with the super power in PU1 where you spend power points.
Axelmania
Knight

I'd probably set that as the minimum time, hard to imagine operators restoring MDC faster than Men-Rall
pad300
Wanderer

Unread post by pad300 »

Axelmania wrote:I'd probably set that as the minimum time, hard to imagine operators restoring MDC faster than Men-Rall

Don't know. Straight up replacement parts might be easier. Assume a PA with it's arm shredded to pieces from railgun fire.
Might be easier to just pull a whole replacement arm out of a crate in supply dump and attach it at the shoulder joint, rather than to psychically find and stick back together all the little pieces mixed in with the remnants of the user's arm and blood (not to mention scavenging materials from the environment to replace all the pieces lying in the vicinity of where the PA got shot up...).
Axelmania
Knight

Good point, though there's probably a terminal point where Men-Rall can't reconstruct lost limbs where they're destroyed anyway.

Men-Rall are probably also capable of pasting on a replacement arm (if they have it) and then setting aside the shredded one for later repair.

Return to “Rifts®”