'Other' Wraith Units

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

'Other' Wraith Units

Unread post by Kelorin »

I was reading through the Dinosaur Swamp books again recently and was wondering if anyone had adapted the Wraith Soldier / Wraith Brigade to other Rifts locales?
Personally, I think it would make for a great addition to the European setting with whole different eras and generations of soldiers having fought in that region of the world.

Eg:
Wraith Centurion / Wraith Legion
Wraith Knight / Wraith Order
Wraith Viking / Wraith Horde
Wraith Trooper / Wraith Company
Wraith Celtic Warrior / Wraith Tribe

Imagine crossing into an area claimed by a Legion of Wraith Roman Legionnaires in a territorial dispute with a Company of Wraith WWII paratroopers.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
RockJock
Knight

Re: 'Other' Wraith Units

Unread post by RockJock »

No, never done that, but it's a neat idea.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Kelorin wrote:Personally, I think it would make for a great addition to the European setting with whole different eras and generations of soldiers having fought in that region of the world.

Eg:

Imagine crossing into an area claimed by a Legion of Wraith Roman Legionnaires in a territorial dispute with a Company of Wraith WWII paratroopers.

Agreed....Europe is probably FULL of haunted forest patches that even the science-minded New Germans avoid. Easier to have the kids safely indoors playing video games or spend the evening indoors drinking than go for a walk in the woods and risk getting attacked by the spirits of ancient Visigoths.

Would seriously suck to take a shortcut through the woods and find yourself caught in the crossfire of the Teutoburg Forest massacre. That's the first 'ghost army' hotspot I can think of.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Kelorin wrote:I was reading through the Dinosaur Swamp books again recently and was wondering if anyone had adapted the Wraith Soldier / Wraith Brigade to other Rifts locales?
Personally, I think it would make for a great addition to the European setting with whole different eras and generations of soldiers having fought in that region of the world.

Eg:

When WB 4 Africa came out I created a ghostly WWII battle in North Africa between Allied and Axis forces. I'm not sure what stats I used for them but it tore my PCs up pretty badly. After Dinosaur Swamp came out I realized this would be a great place to use the Wraith.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Kelorin wrote:I was reading through the Dinosaur Swamp books again recently and was wondering if anyone had adapted the Wraith Soldier / Wraith Brigade to other Rifts locales?

Eg:

I hadn't before...
...but I am now. Thanks, this idea is brilliant!
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Warshield73 wrote:

Eg:

When WB 4 Africa came out I created a ghostly WWII battle in North Africa between Allied and Axis forces. I'm not sure what stats I used for them but it tore my PCs up pretty badly. After Dinosaur Swamp came out I realized this would be a great place to use the Wraith.

I'd be tempted to through some armored units in to the mix as per taalismn's 'haunted vehicles' idea in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=155133
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
taalismn
Priest

Kursk, in Russia---I can imagine spectral tanks of both Russian and German make roaming the land, taking shots at each other.
For that matter; Stalingrad.....Nazis and Soviets.
Moscow(remains of) would see both WW2 and Napleonic armies.
And beware the trench-lands of France!(besides spectral explosives, you might have actual ancient unexploded munitions surfacing, unless you want rule that the Golden Age saw the European Common Union using Triax robotics and megadamage-shielded disposal teams completing the clean-up of the WW1 sites).

Wanna go back farther? How about the ghosts of the Thirty Years War? Musketeers and mercenary cavalry pounding on each other....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Reincarnated George Patton leading a ghost Legion....
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
taalismn
Priest

RockJock wrote:Reincarnated George Patton leading a ghost Legion....

Yeah, sounds about right. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

taalismn wrote:
RockJock wrote:Reincarnated George Patton leading a ghost Legion....

Yeah, sounds about right. :D

I forget, do the ghosts in the armies have to have died in that location or is the spiritual residue left behind by them?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”