Giant Sized Weapons in North America

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Giant Sized Weapons in North America

Unread post by slade2501 »

Giant sized weapons, usable by robots? I seriously need some references please!
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Re: Giant Sized Weapons in North America

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

There are a couple in the NG books. Otherwise, im not thinking of many, though i dont see a reason to need a "canon" source, as they are simply (in most cases) large vibro-weapons. Just use the stats presented in another book and have NG manufacture them.

Its not like its hard to find tech.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:There are a couple in the NG books. Otherwise, im not thinking of many, though i dont see a reason to need a "canon" source, as they are simply (in most cases) large vibro-weapons. Just use the stats presented in another book and have NG manufacture them.

Its not like its hard to find tech.

I agree with Colonel_Tetsuya that there isn't really a need for a canon source. That said, Mindwerks and the Triax books, which have plenty of giant sized weapons useable by robots, and if you want the source to be canonical you could always have some of Triax's weapons be imported (but it would be just as easy to have NG make knock-offs as Colonel_Tetsuya suggested).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifts Mercenaries
-Naruni Force Fields (Giant size option)
-Naruni has a melee weapon for the Nomad Scout Robot

Rifts Naruni Wave 2
-NE-2000 Reaper Assault Robot (pg63-7) has a hand held scythe
-Ripper Vibro- Robot Sword (pg24)

Rifts Japan
-IR-120 (pg178)
-Vibro Robot Sword (pg117, generally something similar is also found in the generic vibro blades list in various books ex RUE pg259)

Rifts Merc Ops
-NG-1001 Robot Rail Rifle (pg95)
-Wilk's 1000 Pulse Laser Cannon (pg104, 'bots under 20ft tall)

Rifts Triax (#1)
-WR-100 Giant Laser Rifle (pg213)
-WR-200 Giant Rail Gun (pg213)
-WR-20 Plasma Ejector (pg148)
-WR-12 Giant Ion Pistol (pg212)
-TX-250 Rail Gun (pg147)
-TX-41 Laser Pulse Rifle (pg145)
-Electro Mace (pg150)
-Kittani Double Bladed Plasma Axe (pg214)

Rifts Triax 2 (sorry no page references)
-TX-001 & 2 Shields (giant size)
-TX-249 Particle Beam Rifle and TX-222 Pulse Laser and TX-252 Rail Gun

Rifts Atlantis
-K-1000 Spider Defense System (pg138)
-pg155-7 has the K-ATV and K-GTRV both 'bots mention being able to use 'borg guns. Given they are under 20ft tall in robot mode and the Wilk's 1000 in MercOps it might be that giant robots under 20ft tall can use borg-size weapons.

Rifts SB3 Mindwerks
-pg34-35 has the M-25, M-40, M-12, M-120 giant size energy weapons
-pg101 has the Mega Rifle

Rifts South America:
-pg141 has a plasma gunpod on the Dragon Death Power armor (DBoNA has the giant Pogtailians in NA, and this is their suit) that should be usable by giant robots (maybe with some other modifications)
-also have stone weapons for giants (pg55)

Rifts Bionics Source Book
-Cyber Shield (giant size, pg106)
-Retractable Vibro Blades (giant size, pg92-3)

If you're looking for more gunpods, Robotech (1E or 2E) and Macross2 RPG lines have more.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

slade2501 wrote:Giant sized weapons, usable by robots? I seriously need some references please!

In the robots description it often says what kinds of weapons they can use with their hands. Generally if its on the smaller side any borg/power armor weapon would be usable as well. Most are designed with open grips for large hands. Some robots/robot vehicles are so large they need more specialty weapons so it kinda depends what type of robot you are looking for.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

I wasn't necessarily referring to the specific Triax weapons like the plasma whip and stuff, but if you're just looking for "large robot scale weapons" - just scaling up Vibro weapons is perfectly within the capability of NG.

The Triax weapons im sure could be imported, as well, as Drei pointed out. In addition, NG DOES have a few "Robot only" sized weapons in the NG book with bots in it (I cant remember which is which) and there is at least one ranged weapon specifically called out (the Robot Railgun Rifle) and statted, and, IIRC, a throwaway line in Mercs or Merc Ops somewhere that any of the NG Rail guns can be "upsized" for robot use for a fee. Same stats, just in a shell sized up to fit a robot.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:I wasn't necessarily referring to the specific Triax weapons like the plasma whip and stuff, but if you're just looking for "large robot scale weapons" - just scaling up Vibro weapons is perfectly within the capability of NG.

The Triax weapons im sure could be imported, as well, as Drei pointed out. In addition, NG DOES have a few "Robot only" sized weapons in the NG book with bots in it (I cant remember which is which) and there is at least one ranged weapon specifically called out (the Robot Railgun Rifle) and statted, and, IIRC, a throwaway line in Mercs or Merc Ops somewhere that any of the NG Rail guns can be "upsized" for robot use for a fee. Same stats, just in a shell sized up to fit a robot.

NG2 has a number of power armor weapon options for their customizable gladiator bot for melee weapons and a number of ranged weapons designed for full conversion cyborgs through power armor. Also when looking at power armor wieldable weapons a lot of these are up to and including samson size which is very much on the large size for power armor I believe 13 feet if I recall correctly. So anything a samson could wield likely is fine for any small/mid sized robot vehicle.
slade2501
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the baddies I shoot, and their bodies I loot; Oh RNJesus, you I salute!

Unread post by slade2501 »

thanks folks, excellent replies. I was thinking one of the problems is the size difference between 16 and 20 and 30 ft robots, with regards to hand size n stuff. then there is the idea of a self contained gun, no power pack or ammo drum. then we have the option of built in battery, giant sized e clip, etc.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

slade2501 wrote:thanks folks, excellent replies. I was thinking one of the problems is the size difference between 16 and 20 and 30 ft robots, with regards to hand size n stuff. then there is the idea of a self contained gun, no power pack or ammo drum. then we have the option of built in battery, giant sized e clip, etc.

Thats what the Robot Rail Rifle in NG2 is. It has its own Power Supply, and a removable ammo drum in the gun itself.

The NG-505 Rail Cannon can also be turned into a robot weapon.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Triax 1 and I think 2 also have an assortment of alternate weapons for the larger sized mechs. Finding stuff for your 10-20 foot size combatant is pretty easy the stuff for bigger than that becomes a bit more limited as there are a lot less of those around.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Oh I guess I forgot to mention sovietski and warlords of russia also has some stuff for this size combatants as well. Some of the shock trooper borgs are REALLY big for a cyborg.

Return to “Rifts®”