Shadow boy naruni upgrade AKA "spectre boy"

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hawk258
Adventurer
Comment: Chuckie Sullivan "Applesauce B!%@#"

Shadow boy naruni upgrade AKA "spectre boy"

Unread post by Hawk258 »

The Wiley merchants of naruni have decided to build the shadow boy (blackmarket) and offered a superior product.

The spectre boy.
It utilizes the thermo-kinetic armor and fiber optic camouflage of its newer armor line and adds a few new improvements.

The fiber optic camouflage is listed in the black market book
All the thermo-kinetic stats are in naruni wave 2
While the MDC is lower, Megadamage kinetic and energy/fire damage is Half. Putting it nearly on par with glitterboys in terms of durability.

Spectre boy
NE-SB-01A (version 1)
MDC by location
Ammo drum:190
Forearm: 90
Concealed ripper vibroswords-100
Hands 85
Arms 150
Legs 220
Leg jets 70
Main thruster 140
Head 165
Main body 362
Pilots compartment 150
Black market cost: 5 million credits on earth
Height, width are unchanged
PS: 40
Weight: 700 lb
Running Speed: 150 mph
Unassisted leap: 20 feet add 15 with running start
Jet assisted leap: 40 to 70 feet (controlled by pilot)
Speed Underwater: 25 mph

The new main weapon is the NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Damage: 2d4x10+20 MD 
Range: 6000
Ammo capacity: 1000
MDC:75

A secondary option is the lighter big punch shoulder cannon NE-77H or can be added to the package.
Damage: 1d6x10+12 mdc
Range: 2000 feet
At 1/3rd of a mile what it lacks in range it makes up for in ammo capacity and silence of firing. -20,000 credits (less)is substituting for main weapon, +100,000 credits if adding as secondary.

The variable lazer has been replaced with a partical beam weapon (5d6+5md)
Range: 500 feet

Ripper vibro-blades: 5d6 md

Naruni has also added a power cable for all of its energy weapons. Or NEC system which utilizes the nuclear power plant.

A force field can be added for a price of 200 thousand credits.
MDC: 320

The jet system can be replaced with a grav pack for 1.5 million.
Flight speed: 100 mph remove 400 lb weight
This removes the jet assisted jump.

And the leg jets can be replaced with smoke/gas dispensers for 25,000 credits.

Sensor and electronics:
Includes narunis standard computer controlled environmental systems, has the standard targeting system plus lazer targeting, thermal 4000 feet , passive nightvision 4000 ft , telescopic 2 miles, and ultraviolet 3000 feet.

The HUD includes conversion of incoming audio communications to text. As well as a targeting assist system that gives a +3 to strike.

The communications have added a compressed transmission option. however to understand the message the other radio needs to be equipped with the compression/decompression module. Which adds encryption options and limits the broadcast time and prevents detection. However the message must be given in full before it is broadcast adding lag to the transmission.

Optional packages:
Force field/phase shield: 35,000 (installed)

Drone: (rear thruster removed and compartment for drone drone storage can be added. (skeletal biped) the NE-77H would be beneficial for a humanoid drone) or the flying combat drone (NE-020) Magnetically mounts to the back and looks like a surf board.

Gravpack flight system: (humanoid drone packace can't be used with this option)

Auto/remote firing system/llinked HUD targeting (main gun only)

Mini-missile system: a mini missile 2 port housing is built on the opposite shoulder of the main gun. Has a payload of 12 mini missiles: for air defense. Volley of 1 or 2 per shot.
Damage of mini missiles in rifts page: 46

It's big advantages are
It is lighter and quieter than its cousins.
Has improved armor and weapon that increase its survival
Improved stealth compared to the shadow boy
And a system that supports more options.

A spectre boy pilot "could" retrofit the baby boom gun on the spectre boy, however the damage is marginal and the ammo limited.

However the naruni are just giving the other manufacturers a taste of their own medicine. The shadow boy/spectre boy is also a vast improvement over the shadow boy and if sales are large enough The naruni potentially could offer a product with much more armor. Currently however a stealth package was the closest and most efficient use of their current tech for a test run.

Also at 5 million for the base model they are making 4 to 5 times the profit for this armor as similar power armor of this size would only cost 1 million fully loaded for the naruni. And hurt glitterboy sales on a global scale.
This would be a huge middle finger to nearly every faction that tried to push them out.

Newer, streamline versions maybe developed with more protection and heavier weapons.

It is designed for stealth. Scouting, patrol, and sniper operations.
Last edited by Hawk258 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:58 am, edited 23 times in total.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Shadow boy naruni upgrades

Unread post by taalismn »

Certainly producing a knockoff would be up Naruni's alley, especially if they were doing it to spite an organization, or faction thereof, that had been opposing them.
It also saves them a heap on R&D with half the work done for them already.

I'd also give it the option of being fitted with the NE-75H Shoulder Cannon....sure, it's got a limited plasma cartridge payload, makes noise, and the plasma bolts are pretty visible, but the range is 6,000 ft, and the weapon accepts both light and heavy plasma cartridges, the latter doing 2d4x10+20 MD a pop. The ammunition dependency means that buyers gotta keep coming back to Naruni for reloads, so it's another continuing payoff for NE. The NE-75H looks MADE for this sort of application.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

taalismn wrote:Certainly producing a knockoff would be up Naruni's alley, especially if they were doing it to spite an organization, or faction thereof, that had been opposing them.
It also saves them a heap on R&D with half the work done for them already.

I'd also give it the option of being fitted with the NE-75H Shoulder Cannon....sure, it's got a limited plasma cartridge payload, makes noise, and the plasma bolts are pretty visible, but the range is 6,000 ft, and the weapon accepts both light and heavy plasma cartridges, the latter doing 2d4x10+20 MD a pop. The ammunition dependency means that buyers gotta keep coming back to Naruni for reloads, so it's another continuing payoff for NE. The NE-75H looks MADE for this sort of application.

That could replace the rocket launcher, and likely be reserved for the ones fitted with a force field. And at 80 MDC less stays in line with the "lighter sniper build"

I like it. What book is it in? And do we keep the ammo drum at 1000 rounds?

I have edited it in. (Update)

Though I would almost call this a new version of an awesome product. As japan, new Quebec, triax and many others produce a "glitterboy" which would hurt all of them (which is what they intend to do)
Last edited by Hawk258 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
When I post an idea, game balance is my only concern. For rules see rule zero and for canon look at RUE PAGE 372. Only 2 questions need consideration is it fun? Is it balanced?

Gamblers fallacy:(Example): Coin flips are the most common example of the gambler's fallacy. For instance, in a game of heads or tails, many people will bet on tails if there have been several heads in a row.
Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

To increase stealth the main thruster could be replaced with a grav pack, However the power demands of the shield and grav pack will not allow both to be operated together.

This would lower the weight another 300 lb and add flight for 1 hour at 100 mph increasing stealth.

The leg jets could also be removed and replaced with smoke dispensers for added concealment.

Hawk258
Adventurer

Re: Shadow boy naruni upgrade AKA "spectre boy"

Unread post by Hawk258 »

The irony is the naruni could easily set up manufacturing on earth. Which would greatly increase profit for them

But at 5 million, the buyer gets what they think is a great deal compared to the competition and hurt NGR, New Quebec, the native Americans, black market, japan, and archie 3 and cyberworks.

A "spectre boy" would likely be a match for most traditional glitter boy, lighter, faster, and many unallied areas and adventures would buy it.

Add in new Quebec might try to copy it/mimic it and figure out where it fits tactically in its army. (Though that may not be totally possible)

Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Actually a base model SB VS Glitterboy (1 on 1) would be very close.

As the TK armor with speed and various fire power vs a traditional Glitterboy would be very close.

The SB takes 1/2 damage from kinetic and energy.
Which cuts the damage of the boom gun to 15 md to 60 md. (The particle gun at 5d6+5 md could nearly match that. 10 to 35 md)

Where as the NE-75H does full damage at a greater range.
40 md to 100 md.

That would be an interesting fight either way.

Hawk258
Adventurer

Unread post by Hawk258 »

Here is an interesting thought... might be overkill however, why not put the NE-75H and the NE-77h in one package?

I could see naruni capitalizing on both the glitter girl and triax systems.

Auto-targeting and remote defense?

That would really get under triax/New Quebec'S skin.

Lmao.

That might have to be phase 2. At another half million credits for the new system.

And with the TK update to both would make them lighter too.

Though... maybe the best answer is removing the main thruster and add a drone/robot to compensate for lack of auto targeting, remote support and side kick?

I am going to write up stats for "casper" the robot combat assistant.

It will have 5 attacks per round, be able to be "folded" for storage on it's own, and be able to use the NE-77H.

Its basic programming will be anti-aircraft, fire support, and distraction/cross fire. Cost... 2 million

Return to “Rifts®”