Cost of Cyclops lightning weapons in credits?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dragon Mage
Explorer

Cost of Cyclops lightning weapons in credits?

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

Hey everyone,

Is there a listed price for cyclops lightning weapons anywhere in the rifts books?

Thanks,
Dragon Mage.
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Cost of Cyclops lightning weapons in credits?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I can't recall any, but perhaps we could look at similar items for some precedent? One-shot TW items for example.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I don't really have the time to look but if you have a PDF of WB2 Atlantis you might want to do a search there. I think it might be in there.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Dragon Mage wrote:Hey everyone,

Is there a listed price for cyclops lightning weapons anywhere in the rifts books?

Thanks,
Dragon Mage.

It says little more than a hundred are thought to exist on Rifts Earth and they're so rare the Gods themselves are said to offer Favors for one. There is no price listed because they are litterally priceless, they're sold for whatever price the owner cares to name, or you can steal it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Dragon Mage wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Dragon Mage.

Magic Arrows in WB2 go for 1d6x1000credits, but these aren't the Cyclops variety (price might fluctuate depending on specific book). So I would say that is the minimum going rate (and given their offensive punch is much more powerful than garden variety magic arrows this would probably be a clearance price or an "i don't know what i have" merchant).

The price of a Cyclops in WB2 is also 2d4 million credits (possibly x2 or x3 more), but at a quick glance through WB2 their lightning weapons aren't priced in WB2 (WB21 might be different, but I don't think they are in there either).

Axelmania wrote:I can't recall any, but perhaps we could look at similar items for some precedent? One-shot TW items for example.

Perhaps, TW is mentioned in the Cyclops writeup with regard to this ability. However I think you'd be hard pressed to get a one-shot TW item with the various properties, the damage rating on these weapons is pretty impressive (and I can't think of a single spell that fits that could work with a one-shot TW device)
Axelmania
Knight

Mega-Blades (Splynn Dimensionl Market 172) can be made of any ancient weaopn other than bow/sling, so javelins would appear to be on the table. That's a direct conversion of damage, and costs 100x as much to essentially multiple the damage by 100.

If a Javeline Mega-Blade does 2D6 MD then perhaps a Cyclops Javelin doing 2D6x10 MD should cost 10x as much?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Axelmania wrote:Mega-Blades (Splynn Dimensionl Market 172) can be made of any ancient weaopn other than bow/sling, so javelins would appear to be on the table. That's a direct conversion of damage, and costs 100x as much to essentially multiple the damage by 100.

If a Javeline Mega-Blade does 2D6 MD then perhaps a Cyclops Javelin doing 2D6x10 MD should cost 10x as much?

probably more than that. 10x damage all compressed into one action is worth far more than 10x damage that costs 10 actions, and you can buy the latter for 10x as much money.
Axelmania
Knight

While I agree in principal, Mega-Blades cost merely 100x as much for 100x as much damage compressed into 1 action.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Axelmania wrote:While I agree in principal, Mega-Blades cost merely 100x as much for 100x as much damage compressed into 1 action.

Lemme know if you ever find a GM who buys this argument. Props for determination, but I don't think it'll work :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”