find a wife for Joseph Prosek II

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: find a wife for Joseph Prosek II

Unread post by Tor »

We could host something similar for Karl if he ever has to become a widower if Joanna's kidnapping continues to influence her opinions and Karl gets the wrong idea about what she was up to with Alistair or Coake.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
His Dudeness
D-Bee
Comment: That rug tied the whole room together, man.

Unread post by His Dudeness »

mercedogre wrote:The Bachelor CS Edition

:hug: :ugh: :puke:

That is somehow worse than my idea.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Not an existing character buuuuuuuuuuuuut...

I always had a thought for a character I would like to run in an epic campaign, rise her through the ranks, get close to Joseph, wooo him... Arrange an "accident" for the emperor, to propel Joseph onto the throne, give him some time, maybe a child then arrange an accident for him and take over. ;>
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I have not seen any indication that the position of Emperor-for-Life is a hereditary one.

I believe if Karl died that his successor would still have to be elected in a democratic election, the same way that Karl was, as the position of chairman.

I'm confident Joseph would be able to succeed in this, and perhaps also be propelled into the position of Emperor after having served in the lesser position of Chairman for a number of years.

I don't think you could simply make a kid with Joseph and have them likely to get the position though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Emperor for life... To me these words do not inspire thoughts of a democratic election. I would think Emperor Prosect would arrange for a secure line of succession instead of risking the security of the CS to an election. But stranger things have happened.

At any rate... Is Joseph even the marrying type.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Elections were what put Karl's father and himself in power, why shouldn't his son also have to prove himself through that process?

I think Joseph would marry for political purposes even if he personally wasn't for it and wanted some mistresses on the side.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

The real question is where do Joseph's sexual proclivities lie... Who knows, he could be a closet furry.

H. P. Lovecraft
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

No way of knowing, I could fancy a Psi-Hound Dog-Girl occasionally too, but if he wanted that, I'm sure it'd be with one of his private bodyguards on threat of execution if anyone found out (he doesn't seem sentimental enough for admiration for a pet/girl override his plans)
crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Unread post by crazycowproductions »

Personally I feel that once it comes to the Joseph needs to get married a certain scientist will likely have created a genetic clone to be obedient, strong and Genetically as perfect as possible for strong offspring, and afterwords lonestar complex get's even more funding and headway in CS (not they really need more)
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Svartalf wrote:OK, I'm not understanding what this is about... could somebody plz remind me who Carol Black is, and what book she's from?

I have been reading Carol Burnette this whole time and thinking, now how would he explain this?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

A clone of whom? Seems safer to pick a normal human and just vet her perfectly.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee
Comment: Sometimes the best Solution is to think before acting, but then again Acting before you think is the human solution too :D

Tor wrote:A clone of whom? Seems safer to pick a normal human and just vet her perfectly.

Clone was the wrong term :3 Genetically created Human, with artificial memories was where my mind was going at the time. :3

It'd be great for public moral as well, if they introduced her as not only a native to the area, but an "often overlooked flower within the burbs that not only displayed loyalty to the CS but to the people themselves..." Basically once she was introduced she'd be used to further inflame the masses to entrust themselves to the CS, and if at any time they needed a possible boogie-man enemy there could be "an attempt on her life that was thwarted" or an all out war to rally the people "A successful attack on Lady ____ was made by the people of
____ there killer has been terminated and we shall for her noble spirit face down and destroy the enemy that so brutally killed the Second Emperor's Wife"
One moment your a nobody, the next a hero. But you still gotta put your pants on one leg at a time.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

Obama was in office the last time this thing surfaced...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
crazycowproductions
D-Bee

Braden Campbell wrote:Holy thread necromancy, Batman!

Obama was in office the last time this thing surfaced...

XD true enough, my bad...I tend to be bad at keeping the threads in the ground
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

I had forgotten about Joseph "the furry" Prosek II. He could be bi, gay, a furry, anything, really...BUT he probably does need to have to a wife and an offspring for no other reason than hereditary lineage. Granted, there is always IVF, and as long as Prosek I says it is OK...well, that may be a doorway for all sorts of freedoms to arrive. Of course it might just be OK for him and not for anyone else.

As a last ditch way to get out of the dog-house Gen Drogue might use LtGen Kira Moss to seduce Joseph and put a bug in his ear to let Drogue off with a minor reprimand and a new command.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
crazycowproductions
D-Bee

slade the sniper wrote:I had forgotten about Joseph "the furry" Prosek II. He could be bi, gay, a furry, anything, really...BUT he probably does need to have to a wife and an offspring for no other reason than hereditary lineage. Granted, there is always IVF, and as long as Prosek I says it is OK...well, that may be a doorway for all sorts of freedoms to arrive. Of course it might just be OK for him and not for anyone else.

As a last ditch way to get out of the dog-house Gen Drogue might use LtGen Kira Moss to seduce Joseph and put a bug in his ear to let Drogue off with a minor reprimand and a new command.

-STS

seem's as valid as any other Statement :-)
slade the sniper
Hero

That might be an interesting one shot...either help or hinder Kira Moss in her plan over the course of one night of festivities in ChiTown...

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

They could go Egyptian dynasty and have Joseph II marry one of his close cousins.
Pity he was killed by a Nightspawn tearing his head off through a mirror in my campaign.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

slade the sniper wrote:He could be bi, gay, a furry, anything, really...
BUT he probably does need to have to a wife and an offspring for no other reason than hereditary lineage.

Pleasure Bunnies from After the Bomb RPG could serve both purposes and also help to establish an alliance with the Empire of Humanity.
slade the sniper
Hero

Axelmania wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:He could be bi, gay, a furry, anything, really...
BUT he probably does need to have to a wife and an offspring for no other reason than hereditary lineage.

Pleasure Bunnies from After the Bomb RPG could serve both purposes and also help to establish an alliance with the Empire of Humanity.

Those remind me so much of Veate and Juete, the Albino genetically engineered alt humans in the Matador series by Steve Perry... Hmm, The Albino Knife came out in '91, and that version of ATB came out in '01. Maybe my assumption is correct?

It isn't like Lone Star couldn't make them.

-STS
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Wait, is it this from Steve Perry?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
slade the sniper
Hero

Daniel Stoker wrote:Wait, is it this from Steve Perry?

Daniel Stoker

A Steve Perry yes...but not that Steve Perry. That Steve Perry could do the soundtrack for the adventure, tho. Ah, Journey...hard enough to love, not too hard to hear the lyrics. One of my top 5 bands of all time...

-STS
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

OR Joseph could go the Caesar's way with "the next emperor/empress is whoever i pick as sucessor" so it will get people out of his neck and in peace to romance whoever he wants with no brokering (theoretically) involved.
jtjr26
Wanderer

Unread post by jtjr26 »

The reality in the Coalition all power stems from Chi Town. So when and if Joseph does take a wife it will likely be from the daughter of a prominent family from the upper levels of Chi Town. Its the boring answer but the most probable.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

jtjr26 wrote:The reality in the Coalition all power stems from Chi Town. So when and if Joseph does take a wife it will likely be from the daughter of a prominent family from the upper levels of Chi Town. Its the boring answer but the most probable.

And if Desmond Bradford tries to introduce PK2 to somebody he considers a good match...look out(and insist on a DNA test). :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
tsh77769
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tsh77769 »

Nancy Pelosi! Just the right kind of deranged and deluded evil for Proesek!
taalismn
Priest

Let's keep current day politics out of this, okay? People gather here to ESCAPE that sort of thing.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

taalismn wrote:Let's keep current day politics out of this, okay? People gather here to ESCAPE that sort of thing.

Although conversely, there could be hundreds of cyborgs built to resemble facsimiles of any historical figures that might exist in Pre-Rifts records, so you could have dozens of Full Conversion Trumps / Full Conversion Obamas / etc.

I imagine non-presidents would be less prominent in what records could be salvageable though so you'd be less likely to see Full Conversion Gores / Full Conversion Cheneys.

No need to comment on particulars here but I always thought that would be funny to acknowledge in campaigns somehow.
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:Although conversely, there could be hundreds of cyborgs built to resemble facsimiles of any historical figures that might exist in Pre-Rifts records, so you could have dozens of Full Conversion Trumps / Full Conversion Obamas / etc.

I imagine non-presidents would be less prominent in what records could be salvageable though so you'd be less likely to see Full Conversion Gores / Full Conversion Cheneys.

No need to comment on particulars here but I always thought that would be funny to acknowledge in campaigns somehow.

You raise the horrible specter of a Presidential Library/theme park being populated by HUNDREDS of android simulacra of certain individuals.
A squad of Lincolns or Washingtons might be tolerable, but imagine a performing troupe of the musical 'Hamilton' with ALL the parts played by Alexander Hamilton androids?

Axelmania, I'm tempted to curse you for putting nightmarish thoughts in my mind.... :frust: :frazz: :frust: :frazz:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

taalismn wrote:
Axelmania wrote:Although conversely, there could be hundreds of cyborgs built to resemble facsimiles of any historical figures that might exist in Pre-Rifts records, so you could have dozens of Full Conversion Trumps / Full Conversion Obamas / etc.

You raise the horrible specter of a Presidential Library/theme park being populated by HUNDREDS of android simulacra of certain individuals.
A squad of Lincolns or Washingtons might be tolerable, but imagine a performing troupe of the musical 'Hamilton' with ALL the parts played by Alexander Hamilton androids?

Axelmania, I'm tempted to curse you for putting nightmarish thoughts in my mind.... :frust: :frazz: :frust: :frazz:

So you're just gonna make me realize i could have a troupe of 'borg Elvis impersonators annually "parachute" into lazlo's city square for a performance in the middle of a thread about getting lil' Joey Prosek a girlfriend? You guys are just gonna do that huh? Alright.
taalismn
Priest

[quote="Orin J.

So you're just gonna make me realize i could have a troupe of 'borg Elvis impersonators annually "parachute" into lazlo's city square for a performance in the middle of a thread about getting lil' Joey Prosek a girlfriend? You guys are just gonna do that huh? Alright.[/quote]

Makes as much sense. so, sure, why not?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

taalismn wrote:I'm tempted to curse you for putting nightmarish thoughts in my mind

It's not my fault...

Cyber-Humanoid OCC, page 74 of Rifts Bionics Sourcebook wrote:Some even design their faces to resemble famous people (past and present), which can be rather unnerving

It's all Kevin's fault.

Orin J. wrote:i could have a troupe of 'borg Elvis impersonators annually "parachute" into lazlo's city square for a performance

Any GM who hasn't done this is ignoring the RAW
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Unread post by ryokoryu »

You're all missing the best part. On their wedding night she reveals that she is a changeling by tearing out his heart. her final words to him "It's a lovely gift but I think it's broken"
slade the sniper
Hero

As for getting his heart ripped out by a changeling...um, don't the CS have scanners to detect that sort of stuff?

-STS
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

slade the sniper wrote:As for getting his heart ripped out by a changeling...um, don't the CS have scanners to detect that sort of stuff?

-STS

i've always wondered how effective the coalition's detection protocols actually are....i mean, i can see them going "well it gives us like 60% false positives, but you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right?"
taalismn
Priest

Orin J. wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:As for getting his heart ripped out by a changeling...um, don't the CS have scanners to detect that sort of stuff?

-STS

i've always wondered how effective the coalition's detection protocols actually are....i mean, i can see them going "well it gives us like 60% false positives, but you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right?"

This, exactly.
And if you're genuinely human...well, 'Thank you, citizen, we all have to make sacrifices for the security of Humanity."
Hopefully you can limp away with some bruises, broken bones, and several biopsy holes the size of new body orifices in you.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Before any woman was allowed to go to bed with Joseph 2 you can bet Karl will have Psi-Net use See Aura on her first.

"unusual abberation which indicates a serious illness, nonhuman, mutant or supernatural being in disguise" all seem grounds to exclude a romantic prospect for private cuddle time, even if it "does not specify which".

This probably means that (as convenient as they would be for a partner) that he can't date a Nega-Psychic or Psi-Nullifier, unless it's possible to willingly allow See Aura to work by lowering automatic guards.

I don't think 'Alter Aura' would help here because that would register as an actively used psionic power to an adjacent Psi-Hound, and they'd be all "stop using psi so when we read your aura we can be sure it's not being altered"
slade the sniper
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Orin J. wrote:

-STS

This, exactly.
And if you're genuinely human...well, 'Thank you, citizen, we all have to make sacrifices for the security of Humanity."
Hopefully you can limp away with some bruises, broken bones, and several biopsy holes the size of new body orifices in you.

Are you arguing that the CS is less technologically proficient than today?
Unless magic/psionics are going to rewrite/change DNA, I would say that it would be pretty hard to spoof that.
I always sort of figured that each of the progress trees (magic, tech, psi) all worked on different principles and thus didn't have a lot of overlap.

Considering a lot of wizards or psions in Rifts wouldn't even know what DNA is, I'm not really sure they would know HOW to change it. Rather like tech based characters have a problem in magic based societies, I suspect magic/psi based infiltrators would have difficulty in the CS.

That is just my uninformed opinion.

-STS
taalismn
Priest

slade the sniper wrote:[
Unless magic/psionics are going to rewrite/change DNA, I would say that it would be pretty hard to spoof that.
I always sort of figured that each of the progress trees (magic, tech, psi) all worked on different principles and thus didn't have a lot of overlap.

Considering a lot of wizards or psions in Rifts wouldn't even know what DNA is, I'm not really sure they would know HOW to change it. Rather like tech based characters have a problem in magic based societies, I suspect magic/psi based infiltrators would have difficulty in the CS.

-STS

Yes, but even with advanced technology,you can expect the CS to biopsy the hell out of you, scan you a hundred different ways, and generally give you a fear of needles and rubber gloves going places they shouldn't.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Unread post by ryokoryu »

-STS

This is why we can't have nice things. My comment was an obvious joke and you went waaaaaay off the serious end with it.
Axelmania
Knight

slade the sniper wrote:Are you arguing that the CS is less technologically proficient than today?

Maybe in some respects like certain communications due to the absence of mass literacy?

In bio-engineering I'd say they're universally ahead of us though.
slade the sniper
Hero

taalismn wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:[

-STS

Yes, but even with advanced technology,you can expect the CS to biopsy the hell out of you, scan you a hundred different ways, and generally give you a fear of needles and rubber gloves going places they shouldn't.

It is for national security...you love national security, right?

-STS
ryokoryu wrote:

-STS

This is why we can't have nice things. My comment was an obvious joke and you went waaaaaay off the serious end with it.

Obvious humor is not obvious to people like me :( :?

-STS
taalismn
Priest

slade the sniper wrote:
It is for national security...you love national security, right?

If you hesitated to think of your answer, you obviously don't, and you likely harbor anti-Human, pro-d-bee sentiments, which lead to pro-demonic thoughts and actions. You are therefore obviously a traitor. Traitors must be eliminated for the security of the Human nation! Eat plasma fire, foul xeno-loving species-traitor!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

taalismn wrote:pro-d-bee sentiments, which lead to pro-demonic thoughts

It seems like you might be implying D-Bees are not demons, that sounds like D-Bee apologism to me.
slade the sniper
Hero

Axelmania wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:It is for national security...you love national security, right?

If you hesitated to think of your answer, you obviously don't, and you likely harbor anti-Human, pro-d-bee sentiments, which lead to pro-demonic thoughts and actions. You are therefore obviously a traitor. Traitors must be eliminated for the security of the Human nation! Eat plasma fire, foul xeno-loving species-traitor!

taalismn wrote:
Axelmania wrote:pro-d-bee sentiments, which lead to pro-demonic thoughts

It seems like you might be implying D-Bees are not demons, that sounds like D-Bee apologism to me.

Well, I for one welcome our new xenophobic, 100% Human, skull loving overlords!

-STS

p.s. This brought back memories of Paranoia. Pretty sure Friend Computer and the Proseks would become good buddies...
slade the sniper
Hero

Ok, going to get locked, but I am pretty sure Gen Loni Kashbrook is the best bet. She makes the most sense, especially since it would be one of those Hero + Hero pairings. As long as she produces a child (does it matter the gender?) or two...she would be free to do as she pleases killing D-Bees and enemies of the state.

-STS
Axelmania
Knight

slade the sniper wrote:As long as she produces a child (does it matter the gender?) or two...she would be free to do as she pleases

I have this image of her faking the pregnancy and growing her fertilized egg in a surrogate or tube and wearing a fake tummy for press appearances. Not sure why
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Axelmania wrote:
slade the sniper wrote:As long as she produces a child (does it matter the gender?) or two...she would be free to do as she pleases

I have this image of her faking the pregnancy and growing her fertilized egg in a surrogate or tube and wearing a fake tummy for press appearances. Not sure why

Would she need to fake it? I can imagine embryo growing in an artificial womb with a web cam set up so citizens can marvel at the next emperor. With the CS's view on science would it bother anyone if the embryo was in a tank?
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®”