Vampire Intelligences coming into the world

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZorValachan
Adventurer

Vampire Intelligences coming into the world

Unread post by ZorValachan »

I know that with a certain number of created vampires, the vampire intelligence can come to a world. Do they have to? I know VK:R states that VI tend to come to a world in the same area and fight it out and when there is 1 winner, that one goes on to take over the planet.

But, if you have a very cautious VI, when it has thousands (or even millions) of vampires, does it have to come, or can it chose not to?

Looking for official/canon. BTS and/or Rifts
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Vampire Intelligences coming into the world

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

It has freewill. It can go or stay anytime it wants. That's the only cannon your ever going to find.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ZorValachan
Adventurer

That's the way I take/took it, just want to makesure I did not miss something, because from VK:R it seems the VI go as soon as they get the number needed.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Because that's what people usually fear they will do, how does that indicate they are somehow supernaturally compelled to do it? It dosn't.

Seriously, what your asking is "Is there some supernatural/psycological compulsion that forces a vampire intelligence to enter a world the second it reaches the necessesary threshold regardless of the fact it's logically impossible for a vampire intelligence to reside physically everywhere they may have the necessary vampires". Seriously. by your logic, what if the vampire intelligence hits the threshold in 3 different planets at once, what does it do? Explode?

I think you may be overthinking the books. Vampire intelligences have freewill and can choose to do any darn thing it pleases so long as it's within it's power to do so.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ZorValachan
Adventurer

I was just looking if there was something that said they have too. Just because I personally think it not good for the VI to come to a part of the world and duke it out with 18 other VI in a royal rumble to find out who takes a planet, because losers are banished for 10,000 years. That is not logical to me, but VK:R clearly states this is exactly what happens. Once there were at least 19 Vampire kingdoms with their VI on Earth. Now there are 6. That means 13 are not coming back for 10,000 years. Maybe some of those 13 were destroyed. Not a good thing to do.

I am not arguing one way or another. Just wanted to know If I missed something, that is all.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

ZorValachan wrote:I was just looking if there was something that said they have too. Just because I personally think it not good for the VI to come to a part of the world and duke it out with 18 other VI in a royal rumble to find out who takes a planet, because losers are banished for 10,000 years. That is not logical to me, but VK:R clearly states this is exactly what happens. Once there were at least 19 Vampire kingdoms with their VI on Earth. Now there are 6. That means 13 are not coming back for 10,000 years. Maybe some of those 13 were destroyed. Not a good thing to do.

I am not arguing one way or another. Just wanted to know If I missed something, that is all.

Ah. No, nothing says that they have to come through, and in fact, in vampire kingdoms origional it even said new vampire intelligences tend to avoid coming in because it's already crowded on rifts earth.

Return to “Rifts®”