Rifts Sourcebook One Differences

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Re: Rifts Sourcebook One Differences

Unread post by Sureshot »

There is some new material but most of it is reprinted material. There is an expanded robot building session and some new material on the Republicians. Not much else new. It is worth it imo if your original copy is falling apart or if your a completist like myself.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Some of the stuff that was reprinted from what I have been told (I don't have the book myself, buy I would like to get it) was originally printed in the original Rifts Main Book but was left out of the Rifts Ultimate Edition, such as the other two Titan robot vehicles and the NG Sky King or the Behemoth Exploration Robot Vehicle. So if you want to introduce some new equipment options that technically have been around for awhile, and you have the RUE and not the RMB, then yes, it is worth it.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

I particularly liked it, but then Archie 3 is one of my favorite villains besides the CS. And I liked the Republicans information (sparse as it was).

But the above statements are also correct. Aside from a few new vehicles (which are cool) and a slightly expanded robot construction section, its not that different.

All that said I still recommend it, whether or not you have the old one.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

There's actually alot of new information in there. The Archie section has a ton more background and between that and the Republican section you see a lot more depth to the big brain in the Basement.

He's "up to" alot more than you had in the first one.

I reccomend the new book. Good stuff.

Some people skip over the fluff and just count the number of new laser rifles or bots, but the book is alot more than that.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

I've done a sort of review comparing both SB1 and SB1R&E section by section. You can see it here (as always click on the upper-right button for an automatic google translation). Hope this helps. :-)
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Lextar wrote:Thanks for the info, but I'll hold back for a while. I re-read a re-print of the Rifts main book and found it mentions the Repblicans briefly. Was this added or was it in the original?

It was always there.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Mack wrote:
Lextar wrote:Thanks for the info, but I'll hold back for a while. I re-read a re-print of the Rifts main book and found it mentions the Repblicans briefly. Was this added or was it in the original?

It was always there.

In fact, in the SB1R&E Mr. Siembieda himself explains why the Republicans wasn't mentioned again until SB1R&E.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o

Return to “Rifts®”