TW Generator in Rifts Arzno

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: TW Generator in Rifts Arzno

Unread post by Mack »

Are you refering to the PPE Battery on p90 of Arzno?
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

They don't give stats for it. It just is.
You want to buy one just to soak up the ppe, don't you?
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

The generator just powers the vehicle. Any additional spells are usually handled by a ppe battery that recharges x per hour. To make one? I don't really know. I believe TWs use diamonds to store ppe. in batteries. Maybe diamonds in copper frameworkd spinning inside of another copper frame laced with more diamonds? You'll have to GM up and make it up I think.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

OK, take a look at page 92 of the original Rifts main book at the TK-Engine Conversion and the Mystic Generator. Also look at the Mystic Portable Generator on page 136 of Rifts Ulitimate Edition.

I believe that's what the generators in Arzno are based on.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Actually, what I want is the SPELL CHAIN that enables you to make one. We've tried to figure this out for ages and we haven't been able to come up with a good answer.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Balabanto wrote:Actually, what I want is the SPELL CHAIN that enables you to make one. We've tried to figure this out for ages and we haven't been able to come up with a good answer.

The "TW Generator" is an addition by Kevin, so I can't give you a definitive answer. I'd suggest, however, that it is some sort of TWized micro-nuclear reactor. For the spell chain I'd use Subatomic Particle Acceleration as the primary, and definitely Energy Sphere, Talisman, and a bunch of other costly spells as Secondaries.

Truth is that generators and things like that don't work 100% with construction guidelines, as they're sort of a different animal. Just make it VERY expensive.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Metathiax

Unread post by Metathiax »

The TW power system for robots is in source book 1 as well, just a way to power armor (or robots) it is a bit more expensive than a nuclear power plant for robots or pa but works the same rules wise as nuclear power plant. It is described as initial creation is very expensive requiring an Experienced Tecnho wizard and lot of P.P.E. Like a nuclear power plant player characters probably wouldn't have the resources to create one. Azrno must have made some improvements to get them to last 20 years though

Seems to be(IMO) a ppe storage unit and TW generator likely drawing more ppe from the environment when available. Completely sealed on the PPE side but the electricity from it could be used to recharge Eclips like a nuclear power plant. (all of this is guess work though)

as an alternative there was the TW borg in a recent rifter powered by null sphere and annihilate spells basically a antimatter reactor.
Jason Richards
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Again, just don't drive yourself crazy looking for a way to create such a generator "by the book" as it is a bit beyond the scope of the rules, which weren't intended to work on that scale. The original items were powered by more traditional PPE batteries (the Imitators were actually not even power armor, but custom suits of body armor).
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Omnibane
D-Bee

Unread post by Omnibane »

I'm not trying to resurrect the thread but from everything I can find the tw generator is like a dehumidifier constantly drawing in ppe on a small scale to meet the small ppe req to operate the vehicles but doesn't draw enough to power weapon systems. The tw battery is just a storage tank basically not worth going into and the mystic generator in early books is very different since it's to power regular energy items it should be considered a power converter.

EDIT: Topic locked for necro'ing a discussion that's over 12 months old. Mack.

Return to “Rifts®”