Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Knight

I am sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. I would have to say that the Radio: Basic skill bonus under the Communications Expert MOS overrides the skill bonus that all Mercenary Soldiers get. It's basically their specialization.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 am

Explorer

dragonfett wrote:
I am sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. I would have to say that the Radio: Basic skill bonus under the Communications Expert MOS overrides the skill bonus that all Mercenary Soldiers get. It's basically their specialization.

That makes sense. I guess it's not techncally errata, then. :-?

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Explorer

Not mentioned if Psionic Healing can heal MDC beings or not.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Knight

Pg 129 TW equipment list them as having armor with 2 features exuding impervous to energey, and Invisibility. But list for common TW modifications is missing. Same issue with the veicle also stats for converted TW engings are missing.

Also does any one know if there is a price on repairs in the RUE or natural armors for mages, I know source book 1 has the cost for repairs. It whould be nice to be able to replace lost or damaged armor and have the price listed.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

D-Bee

These should definitely be added to the next printing of RUE.

From http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html
1. I have a question regarding strike, parry, and dodge bonuses. When Striking, dodging or parrying a modern weapon, does the character receive their P.P. bonuses. For example if a character has the Skill W.P. Energy Rifle do they receive their P.P. bonus on top of the +3 to an aimed shot and the +1 to a burst?
Answer: P.P. Bonuses and Hand to hand combat bonuses do not apply to modern weapons.

30. Does the boxing skill add an attack at all times or just during melee that doesn't involve missile weapons?
Answer: Only during melee weapons combat it does not apply to any form of ranged combat.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Explorer

Hand to Hand Commando (RUE page 348). Does not say what level Automatic Dodge starts at. Just at level 5 has a +2 to automatic dodge.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Knight

@GT: I believe that is the level that you get Automatic Dodge. In WB11: CWC, all you got was Auto Dodge at level 5.

@alphonsejoly: Good find, although I find that rule just a little bit stupid, more for the fact that the description of the skill, in any book that I have looked at it (RMB, R:UE, GMG), nowhere does it make that distinction and it causes the player and GM both to do more bookkeeping. I find that just letting it add a bonus attack to both melee and ranged attacks is simpler and easier to deal with.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 am

Explorer

Combat Terms and Moves

• Kick: "Anyone can try to kick an opponent" (345). Hand to Hand: Basic gets Kick as part of its Note on 347 and then again at level 3. Hand to Hand: Expert gets Kick as part of its Note on 348 and then again at level 1.
  • Body Flip/Throw: Hand to Hand: Expert gets Body Flip/Throw as part of its Note on 348 and then again at level 8.

If this has already been addressed, ignore it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Champion

Greetings and Salutations. Due to a question in the Guild of Magic & Psionics forum this came to my attention.

R:UE (3rd Printing); Page 204; Carpet of Adhesion; spell description (last sentence of first paragraph) reads "can create this super-flypaper up to 90 feet (27.4 m) away ..."

This 90 feet (27.4 m) reference is an outdated, incorrect term derived from 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy. This is corrected in both PF2 and HU2, but never in Rifts. My research (to show it is a mistake) can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=124590

Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:44 am

D-Bee

:badbad: I don't know that it's necessarily a misprint, but I noticed the new Dragon hatchlings breeds are missing :cry: there: :arrow: Height, Weight and Length stats; are left out of Rifts Ultimate Edition. I was curious as to why? :?

Run as fast as you can...
Just know... That when you see me your life will end..."
-Strider Hien

Words are imperfect, putting it into words will just create misunderstanding. Words are the root of misunderstanding. - [u]Nagi Sanzenin (Hata Kenjiro)[/u]

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: This space for rent.
Strider Hikari wrote:
:badbad: I don't know that it's necessarily a misprint, but I noticed the new Dragon hatchlings breeds are missing :cry: there: :arrow: Height, Weight and Length stats; are left out of Rifts Ultimate Edition. I was curious as to why? :?

Look on p158, first column. There's a general size for all species.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: This space for rent.
Panomas wrote:
I was unable to locate the required gem for the spell/invocation Extinguish Fire (4), for T.W. requirements, is it listed anywhere else?

It's missing.

My recommendation is to use Smoky Quartz since it's the gem for most other fire spells.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:
Has anyone brought up that some of the bionic weapons have "rate of fire: aimed, burst or wild" listed?

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
popscythe wrote:
Has anyone brought up that some of the bionic weapons have "rate of fire: aimed, burst or wild" listed?

As they effectively standard rifles of machine guns (heavy weapons) that is accurate. Standard rifles and machine guns can have an aimed burst or wild rate of fire as I believe both WPs list burst damages for firing bursts in their descriptions so you would need this for where they do not list damages for such things.. So aimed would be single shot, burst would be burst and wild is, well, wild. Use appropriate rules for each.

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 am

Adventurer

Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:
Mini-Missiles. Ion.

It's clearly a cut and paste error.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Grimlock wrote:
It's been a while, and I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe I came across a typo when making a Merc Soldier.

All Merc Soldiers get "Radio: Basic", but when you choose the Communiation MOS skills, "Radio: Basic" is listed there as well. My GM and I figured it was supposed to be "Radio:Scramblers", so we changed it to that for my character; we assume that was the author's intention as well.

Sorry if this typo, if that's what it is, has already been mentioned.

In addition to what he said, I noticed a couple things that makes this OCC broken:

1 = Since there is no more Radio: Scramblers skill, does this mean that every merc soldier except for those with the commo MOS transmits in plain text?

2 = The transportation MOS gets only one Pilot Related skill; Navigation. They also can't get any advanced piloting skills, unless they take it as their one and only Pilot: One of Choice skill.

3 = The medic MOS gets the Medical Doctor skill, but they're unable to read their medical equipment because all those devices get covered under the Sensory Equipment skill, which only the commo MOS gets to take.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:55 am

Knight

The Beast wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
It's been a while, and I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe I came across a typo when making a Merc Soldier.

All Merc Soldiers get "Radio: Basic", but when you choose the Communiation MOS skills, "Radio: Basic" is listed there as well. My GM and I figured it was supposed to be "Radio:Scramblers", so we changed it to that for my character; we assume that was the author's intention as well.

Sorry if this typo, if that's what it is, has already been mentioned.

In addition to what he said, I noticed a couple things that makes this OCC broken:

1 = Since there is no more Radio: Scramblers skill, does this mean that every merc soldier except for those with the commo MOS transmits in plain text?

2 = The transportation MOS gets only one Pilot Related skill; Navigation. They also can't get any advanced piloting skills, unless they take it as their one and only Pilot: One of Choice skill.

3 = The medic MOS gets the Medical Doctor skill, but they're unable to read their medical equipment because all those devices get covered under the Sensory Equipment skill, which only the commo MOS gets to take.

1. Um, which version of the Merc Soldier are you looking at, because the version presented in the RUE (1st printing) on page 82 does not list Radio: Scramblers for them. They get: +10% to Computer Operation skill, Basic Electronics +10%, Electronic Countermeasures +15%, Optic Systems/Surveillance Systems +14%, Radio: Basic (+20%, which by the way would override the +10% that all other Mercs get), Cryptography or an extra language +15%, Sensory Equipment +20%, and TV/Video or Computer Programming +10%.

2. What do you mean by transportation guys don't get any advanced piloting choices unless they choose it? They get to pick between auto and motorcycle, hovercraft and hovercycle, get Tanks & APC's and Trucks. What exactly qualifies as "advanced" piloting skills?

3. Why would they need to know how to read sensors when they have computer operation. I am of course assuming that their medical equipment are in fact computers that use visual and audio as they don't automatically get a Literacy skill.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:37 am

dragonfett wrote:
1. Um, which version of the Merc Soldier are you looking at, because the version presented in the RUE (1st printing) on page 82 does not list Radio: Scramblers for them. They get: +10% to Computer Operation skill, Basic Electronics +10%, Electronic Countermeasures +15%, Optic Systems/Surveillance Systems +14%, Radio: Basic (+20%, which by the way would override the +10% that all other Mercs get), Cryptography or an extra language +15%, Sensory Equipment +20%, and TV/Video or Computer Programming +10%.

That's what I'm saying, only the commo MOS gets the Electronic Countermeasures skill. Which would mean none of the other merc soldiers know how to transmit in cypher text.

Quote:
2. What do you mean by transportation guys don't get any advanced piloting choices unless they choose it? They get to pick between auto and motorcycle, hovercraft and hovercycle, get Tanks & APC's and Trucks. What exactly qualifies as "advanced" piloting skills?

The advanced piloting skills are things like jets, jet fighters, subs, etc, most of which need the RSE skill IIRC. Now having said that, a lenient GM could rule that a transportation guy could be allowed to take those skills as OCC Related, but, going off the same wording, a less lenient GM would rule the opposite.

Quote:
3. Why would they need to know how to read sensors when they have computer operation. I am of course assuming that their medical equipment are in fact computers that use visual and audio as they don't automatically get a Literacy skill.

Check your skill descriptions again. Medical equipment is clearly listed under the Sensory Equipment skill, without which, "characters cannot understand or operate advanced aircraft, medical equipment, or sensor/detection equipment."

Also, since the OCC gets Computer Operation as an OCC Skill, they all automatically get the Literacy skill as well (RUE, page 299, 2nd paragraph on right).

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 pm

Knight

The Beast wrote:
dragonfett wrote:

That's what I'm saying, only the commo MOS gets the Electronic Countermeasures skill. Which would mean none of the other merc soldiers know how to transmit in cypher text.

Quote:

The advanced piloting skills are things like jets, jet fighters, subs, etc, most of which need the RSE skill IIRC. Now having said that, a lenient GM could rule that a transportation guy could be allowed to take those skills as OCC Related, but, going off the same wording, a less lenient GM would rule the opposite.

Quote:

Check your skill descriptions again. Medical equipment is clearly listed under the Sensory Equipment skill, without which, "characters cannot understand or operate advanced aircraft, medical equipment, or sensor/detection equipment."

Also, since the OCC gets Computer Operation as an OCC Skill, they all automatically get the Literacy skill as well (RUE, page 299, 2nd paragraph on right).

It wasn't until I took a closer look at the ECM skill that I realized that it duplicates the old Radio: Scrambler skill PLUS allowing for traditional ECM warfare. Having been in the Air Force for 6 years working on jet aircraft and ground radar systems led me to thinking of ECM in the traditional sense instead of what the skill talks about as well.

As for the whole transportation MOS for the Merc Soldier OCC, I honestly guess that makes me in the less lenient GM category as I see that MOS as someone who is a GROUND transportation guy who knows how to operate most ground vehicles. If you want someone for jets and jet fighters, then you would need a fighter pilot. Need someone to steer a ship or sub, then you need someone with a nautical background. I am sure either of those two would find trying to operate big rigs and tanks and APC's just as hard as the Transportation MOS finds flying jets or steering subs.

With the exception of the second part of the Portable Bio-Scan (the stress analyzer) and the Portable Scan Dihilator (which I don't see doctors having a need for anyway as it's described as basically being a military scanner and radar despite being listed under Medical Equipment), I would allow a computer operation skill roll for anyone trying to use medical equipment.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
Radio: Scramblers has officially been replaced by the Electronic Countermeasures skill.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:
The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 am

Wanderer

Hey I have a possible errata with the lack of cybernetics in the Body Fixer OCC's description in the Rifts: Ultimate Edition book.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

Panomas wrote:
Has the double PPE or a mages spell duration-damage etc. rule, while at a leyline been thrown out?

I know it was brought up before, but I'm not sure what the final decision was. I still play it as RMB in my games.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:35 pm

Knight

As far as I has heard and seen, since it was never ruled out in the RUE, it's is still in effect, however I could be wrong about that, but that is how I intend on playing it.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Hero

Has anyone else noticed that the CS SAMAS in RUE has its max altitude limited to 500 ft. The one out of CWC has it able to fly up to 6000 ft. The difference should be made note of in RUE.

*guitar solo*
NIIICE!"

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Dungeon Crawler

MODERATED. Mack

The people on this forum is a bunch of ******* idiots that can't accept that someone might have a different opinion of their favourite game. It is actually pathetic how people like Shark Force, Rappanui, GenThunderfist and others do what they can in order to drive away me from this forum.

You can have your ******* forum to yourselves

Last edited by Amanda-Cha'at on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:59 pm

Hero

Amanda-Cha'at wrote:
Does Military Specialists OOC (RUE page 235-236) get any bonuses to Perception or not? In RUE nothing is said, but in SB1R both members of Republicans have bonus in Perception (Isabell Copper, MS level 6) gets +2 Perception and Director Elliot (MS level 10) +1 Perception.

Isabell Copper gets the following Bonuses that I do not understand:
Initiative +2, Perception +2, Strike +4, Dodge & Parry +5, Pull Punch +2, Roll with Impact +2, Save vs Magic & Poison +2, Save vs Psionics & Insanity +6

According to her skills and attributes she should have:
Initiative +0, Perception, Strike +4, Dodge & Parry +6, Pull Punch +3, Roll with Impact +3, Save vs Magic & Poison +0, save vs Psionics & Insanity +4/+6, Roll with Fall +2, Roll with Punch +2, Disarm +2

Then we have

Director Elliot
Initiative +2, Perception +1, Strike +4, Dodge & Parry +5, Disarm +6, Pull Punch +3, Roll with Impact +2, Save vs Magic & Poison +2, Save vs Psionics & Insanity +4

According to his skills and attributes he should have:
Initiative +1, Perception +0, Strike +2, Dodge & Parry +6, Pull Punch +3, Roll with Impact +4, Save vs Magic & Poison +0, Save vs Psionics & Insanity +3/+4, Roll with Fall +3, Roll with Punch +4, Disarm +4, Entangle +2

Bolded numbers shows values that goes against the rules.
These numbers must just have been added by Kevin Siembeda without much thought, and he must have been dotted down numbers that felt as if they were "about right for the profession and level". But if I am to look a bit beyond these numbers I can deduce the following:

Military Specialist OCC
OCC bonuses: Initiative +1D2, Perception +1D4, Dodge +1, parry +1, Save vs Magic and Poison +2, Save vs psionics +1D2

NPCs circumvent the normal rules for bonuses, its something you are gonna have to get used to.

*guitar solo*
NIIICE!"

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Dungeon Crawler

...I am leaving this forums after people deciding to insult me, post my email and just be rude to me.

Especially: Rappanui, Shark_Force & GenThunderfist

The people on this forum is a bunch of ******* idiots that can't accept that someone might have a different opinion of their favourite game. It is actually pathetic how people like Shark Force, Rappanui, GenThunderfist and others do what they can in order to drive away me from this forum.

You can have your ******* forum to yourselves

Last edited by Amanda-Cha'at on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:10 am

Amanda-Cha'at wrote:
Maybe an official errata would be nice regarding Glitter Boy Pilot
Do they get all the bonuses for: Pilot: Robot/PA Elite (Glitterboy) from their OCC, Descendent Bonus (OCC) listing and hand to hand Glitterboy Elite.

Are all data cumulative? i started a thread of it, but i thought that i better bost it here as well if you will add in these things in a new printing of RUE or if a new edition will be printed later.

Decendant bonuses and the Hand to Hand Glitterboy Elite only and the bonuses of the hand to hand skills. Normally, any block listed in the O.C.C. stat block over-rides the generic Robot Combat Elite.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Champion

How many actions are consumed during aimed, called, and aimed/called shots for Sharpshooting?

Literally, with the RUE rules, the usefulness of this has diminished considerably.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Panomas wrote:
I always thought it was ONE for an aimed shot-

TWO for a called shot-

It was never anything for a called shot, and it still shouldn't be.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 am

The Beast wrote:
Panomas wrote:

TWO for a called shot-

As it stands now, according to the rules in R:UE, it is one action to shoot. A called shot is two actions. An aimed shot is two actions. An aimed called shot (a called shot with the aiming bonus) is three.

Personally, I still play that a called shot requires a natural 12 or higher and only takes one action. and aimed called shot will take 2.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:57 am

Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Panomas wrote:

TWO for a called shot-

As it stands now, according to the rules in R:UE, it is one action to shoot. A called shot is two actions. An aimed shot is two actions. An aimed called shot (a called shot with the aiming bonus) is three.

Personally, I still play that a called shot requires a natural 12 or higher and only takes one action. and aimed called shot will take 2.

I thought that called shots still did require a 12 (modified) or better. Needing to roll a 12 or better for a called shot takes away all of the shooter's skill and experience. I agree that it shouldn't be easy.

Perhaps a good house rule would be a "Quick" Called Shot takes a single attack action and requires a natural 12 or better after aplicable penalties (meaning that the roll after penalties, but not bonuses, still needs to be 12) on the roll, a "Normal" Called Shot takes two actions and requires a 12 after bonuses and penalties are added, and a Aimed Called Shot takes 3 actions and gets the normal +2 (plus any other bonuses that the character might get for aiming such as from the Sniper skill or from a scope) bonus on top of other bonuses that they got for a normal Called Shot.

And Horrors Unknown

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I think the higher roll needed to strike illustrates the difficulty in calling your shot. Aiming is what takes time. Its how I run it in all my games, including convention games, and how I will continue to do so.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:42 am

Adventurer

Range for the Shifter "Dimension Sense" ability, specifically the Combat/Teleport Redirection aspect. Also, how does it work against a Supernatural ability to Teleport (no PPE cost)?

Also, should there be any modifier to the vs. D20 roll on redirecting Teleport? Character level or something like that? Or is it just totally random?

C. Chopps

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 pm

D-Bee

The question I have is about supernatural strength. In the RIFTS book, supernatural strength can lift and carry the PS x 50. But in Hero's Unlimited 2nd Edition a character with supernatural strength can lift and carry PS x 300 and lift over their head PS x 500. Why is it different?

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am

jldyr2 wrote:
The question I have is about supernatural strength. In the RIFTS book, supernatural strength can lift and carry the PS x 50. But in Hero's Unlimited 2nd Edition a character with supernatural strength can lift and carry PS x 300 and lift over their head PS x 500. Why is it different?

Different settings with different physics in the game worlds.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:04 am

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
One of these days a supernatural superhero is going to walk through a rift carrying a heavy basket of medical supplies for some refugees and get a nasty nasty shock.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm

D-Bee

RMB Glitterboys have 100 round but in RUE and later the have 1000 rounds which is correct? to me the 100 rounds is it allows a advanced pilot (10 attacks) 2 1/2 minutes of constant fire vs 25 mins of constant fire which I find stupendous.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 pm

madmarvin wrote:
RMB Glitterboys have 100 round but in RUE and later the have 1000 rounds which is correct? to me the 100 rounds is it allows a advanced pilot (10 attacks) 2 1/2 minutes of constant fire vs 25 mins of constant fire which I find stupendous.

Kevin said the 100 was a typo and it was always meant to be 1,000. Fans did the math and said the ammo containers for that amount would be the size of to two full refrigerators.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Champion

alphonsejoly wrote:
These should definitely be added to the next printing of RUE.

From http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html
1. I have a question regarding strike, parry, and dodge bonuses. When Striking, dodging or parrying a modern weapon, does the character receive their P.P. bonuses. For example if a character has the Skill W.P. Energy Rifle do they receive their P.P. bonus on top of the +3 to an aimed shot and the +1 to a burst?
Answer: P.P. Bonuses and Hand to hand combat bonuses do not apply to modern weapons.

30. Does the boxing skill add an attack at all times or just during melee that doesn't involve missile weapons?
Answer: Only during melee weapons combat it does not apply to any form of ranged combat.

those are old faq and therefore, meaningless answers.
however, PP bonuses do not apply to ranged weapons, unless you have the skill from PF2nd Ed that allows you to use modern weapons (but only in single shot mode)..or various skills in sharpshhooting which adds different level of bonuses.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Champion

The Beast wrote:
madmarvin wrote:

Kevin said the 100 was a typo and it was always meant to be 1,000. Fans did the math and said the ammo containers for that amount would be the size of to two full refrigerators.

rurther note: Weight slugs which are about the same size and shape of a glitterboy Canister weigh 5lbs each. 1000 canisters = 5000lbs. the glitterboy does not weigh 4 tons.
The Loaded boom gun is roughly 600lbs, The math involved says that's about right for a 100 round complement.
I think he meant individual slugs, which 200 are in each canister...

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:43 am

D-Bee

even if they where smaller then shotgun shells 1000 still takes up lots of space 100 works better. from a realist and design stand point
1000 round is way to much ammo the glitteryboy would never last in a prolonged firefight long enough to use all of it .
either the enemy would die or it would. practicality means one would design the armor to last longer then the ammo supply.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:49 am

D-Bee

did they also get rid of the glitterboy dodge penalty? it reads like they reworked the pylon system to work instantaneously when fired

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:28 am

Champion

there was never a glitterboy dodge penalty!... that was GM house rules always.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 am

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Rappanui wrote:
The Beast wrote:
madmarvin wrote:

rurther note: Weight slugs which are about the same size and shape of a glitterboy Canister weigh 5lbs each. 1000 canisters = 5000lbs. the glitterboy does not weigh 4 tons.
The Loaded boom gun is roughly 600lbs, The math involved says that's about right for a 100 round complement.
I think he meant individual slugs, which 200 are in each canister...

faulty math based on too many assumptions.
the only things we know for sure are the length of a single round (7 inches) and the length of a single slug (1 inch) and that the slugs are packed in a shell in four bundles of 50 (which only accounts for 4 inches of the total length of a "shell" no other data is supplied.
so any additional data is pure supposition.
also using current technology to "guesstimate" the design parameters of a fictional settings super-science (which by definition exceeds our current understanding)?
next you will try to define the parameters of magical effects (defined in the setting as defying known laws of physics) using "real" world physics.

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 am

Champion

You can Create a Physics Model to represent magic, and That's what Many people do.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 am

Champion

It's certainly what Diabolists do.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Knight

Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith
Rappanui wrote:
It's certainly what Diabolists do.

No what Diabolist do is "symbols xyz produces abc effect" . There is no "physics" to that.
Scientific method? Sure but they no more understand the why of it than you and I do.

It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:13 pm

Champion

Move the Cost of Eclips and recharging into the main book instead of middle of Gm Guide:

Black Market Prices for E-Clips & Rechargings :
Cost of standard Mini-E-Clip: Typically used for tools and derringers (especially by Wilk's). 2000 credits for a new,fully charged mini-clip. Takes about 1D4+4 minutes to recharge.

Cost of standard E-Clip (20shots): 5,000-7,000 credits for a new, fully charged clip; 1500 credits to recharge. Takes about 1D6+10 minutes to recharge.

Cost of a Long E-Clip (30shots): 9,000-12,000 credits for a new, fully charged clip; 2000 credits to recharge. Takes about 2D4+15 minutes to recharge.

Cost of a CS Weapon Canister (or E-Canister):10-30shots depending on weapon type. Typically suitable only for old style CS weapons and knock-offs: 10,000 to 15,000 credits; 2000 credits to recharge. Takes about 3D6+30 minutes to recharge.

Cost of a CS Mini-PowerPack: A CS hip or backpack canister (new CS weapons) : Approximately 60shots, but is likely to require modification of the weapon in order to use it, at a cost of 5,000cr. The canister costs 20,000-30,000 credits and 4,000 to recharge. Takes about 3D6+60minutes to recharge.

10. Northern Gun (NG) Self-Charging Power Packs. These items are relatively small battery packs that can be worn on the hip or back depending on the size. A cable runs from the pack to what looks
like a standard E-Clip. The E-Clip end snaps into the weapon like a normal clip, but provides additional power from the pack. Designed to power heavy ion, plasma and particle beam weapons that require a lot of energy. Payload: Typically provides six or seven times the capacity of a standard E-Clip before being drained.
ALL NG power packs re-generate four energy blasts per hour until fully recharged. Each can re-generate a full payload six times before needing a factory recharge and overhaul (won't work with out it). The recharging and overhauling of the unit takes one day and costs one-third the original price and can be overhauled four times before a replacement is needed. Cost by Class: Class One PowerPack (Pistols and Light Rifles) : 3Ibs (1.35kg) and costs 60,000 credits. Class Two (Rifles & Medium Weapons) : 12Ibs (5.4kg) and costs 70,000, and
Class Three (Heavy Weapons/ Plasma & Particle Beam guns):20Ibs (9kg) and costs
80,000 credits. Note: These are the list prices, but is currently being sold for 50-100% more. Poor availability due to high demand and CS pressure to keep production low.
This item is the rage in the Midwest.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:06 am

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
With the removal of automatic body flip from Hand to Hand: Commando (and I have heard later reprinted of Coalition War Campaign removed this) should I discount the listing of Automatic Body Flip under numerous NPCs in Siege on Tolkeen 2: Coalition Overkill?

Or because RUE is set after the completion of the Siege, should I interpret this to be a new version of the skill and characters created prior to or during the siege would retain their automatic body flip?