Additional Rifts: Ultimate Edition Errata

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

binsecure
D-Bee

Re: Additional Rifts: Ultimate Edition Errata

Unread post by binsecure »

For the vagabond equipment it say a gun with extra clip. But it doesn't say if it is a S.D.C. gun or energy weapon.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Page 329 W.P Energy Pistol, W.P. Energy Rifle, and W.P. Heavy Mega-Damage Weapons don't have the bonus progression printed, its on page 360 though.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Grimlock wrote:
dragonfett wrote:No, it's not a typo, they do get Radio: Basic. Radio: Scramblers has been replaced with Electronic Countermeasures.

First of all, I just looked through my book and I have the 1st printing, so the problem I'm addressing may not apply to later printings.

Second of all, I'm referring to pg. 82 of my book, where it lists "Radio: Basic" at +10% under the Merc Soldier O.C.C. skills, yet on pg. 81, under the MOS category "Communications Expert", it lists "Radio: Basic" at +20%.

I thought the "Radio: Basic" under the MOS was supposed to be a different skill rather than the higher bonus to "Radio: Basic".

What's the verdict on this?

Same skill new bonus. Also taking some skill twice can be seen as the difference between an armature and professional at least in domestics skills.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Hotrod wrote:
popscythe wrote:
Kalidor wrote:Borgs wearing heavy armor state "Prowl is impossible". While it might be considered a 'common sense' factor that Power Armor and Robots fall under that classification, it probably wouldn't hurt to toss in "Prowl is impossible" under their features and limitations.

I agree. There does not seem to be a concrete reference to Prowl being normally impossible in Power Armor and Robots, and one should probably be listed under the features and limitations sections to avoid confusion.

I would agree with this, except that there are power armors in NG2 that expressly allow the wearer to prowl without penalty, and there are other recon-type models in other books that would seem to support some ability to prowl.

The rule is, in typical Palladium Fashion, found in Rifts Japan.
Where we find out that Light power armor has a huge penalty and heavy can not prowl at all...
...unless the suit in question says it can.
Thus the suits that expressly allow the wearer to prowl... express that because it is a special feature.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Wilderness Scouts get Horsemanship: General in their OCC skills. Then, a few lines later in their OCC skills, it states that the player must choose between Horsemanship: General, Pilot: Motorcycle, or Pilot: Hovercycle.

Which is it?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

According to Lone Star p46, Dog Boys use the C14 Fire Breather as their standard rifle for combat missions. However, they don't have W.P. Heavy, which is required to shoot the grenade launcher on that weapon.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Hotrod wrote:Wilderness Scouts get Horsemanship: General in their OCC skills. Then, a few lines later in their OCC skills, it states that the player must choose between Horsemanship: General, Pilot: Motorcycle, or Pilot: Hovercycle.

Which is it?

Greetings and Salutations. My copy (RUE, page 99, third printing which includes some of the errata) lists it as: Pilot Motorcycle or Hovercycle or Horsemanship: Exotic; pick one. The bold was added by me for emphasis. I hope that helps sort out at least one question. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Hotrod wrote:According to Lone Star p46, Dog Boys use the C14 Fire Breather as their standard rifle for combat missions. However, they don't have W.P. Heavy, which is required to shoot the grenade launcher on that weapon.

So they shoot it wild or they take the skill as part of a skill selection. As far as I know they are not prohibited from taking that skill.
And the CS treats them as expendables...so the idea that they will not be able to fully utilize their weapons but in exchange can't turn said weapons against the humans as easily (can't reload) seems fully in keeping with the CS mentality.

Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

*wonders if the dog boys are never intended to shoot the grenades but instead are intended to have them detonate inside some monster that just ate the dog boy and his rifle*
Janos2001
D-Bee

Unread post by Janos2001 »

I know we are necroing the the dead Horse thread, and I know this will never see the light of day, but still going to toss it in..

Corrections need to be made to make Ancient W.P. Skills OTHER than the Sword more appealing. As it stands, really the ONLY reason to take one of the others is because you like how you imagine they would look. None of the others match the upside of Swords simply because Swords Ultimately get +1 more to Strike and Parry than any others, and on average have WAY better damages. Worse if if you Spend another Skill slot to get Fencing, then another +1 to both as well as an Additional 1d6 Damage. Really, the only other things that benefit like this are if you Take Targeting and a Thrown (like Spears) and THEN they begin to come out ahead, IF they are thrown.. but still, on average, most of their weapons are sub par compared to Swords available. If things in the Game were more vulnerable to certain types of Ancient weapons over others (Like Axe, Blunts or Polearms over Swords) it wouldn't be so bad, but right now, if you want to compete with others for being able to hit something, or hurt it, most of the time Swords are your best bet (The piddly damage bonus Polearms get is not worth mentioning, unless you are charging something and have the right Horse skills, and even then, most Polearms are sub par in Damage).
ryokoryu
Wanderer

Unread post by ryokoryu »

SkyeFyre wrote:I don't think HTH:Assassin is supposed to give bonuses to strike with guns.

Why not, JFK wasn't assassinated with a knife, sword, club, hammer, or any other sort of hand held hand to hand weapon, he was ASSASSINATED by a GUN. the physical damage boost and the accuracy should def be applicable to ranged weapons. As technology has evolved so has assassination.
deolsunny533
Newb

Unread post by deolsunny533 »

I'm not really sure this is errata, but it bears mentioning. I'm pretty sure the "Secondary Skill List" was copied and pasted from a previous source, which is fine -- but there's at least one (1) skill that should be added to the list from Physical skills; Physical Labor.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The Excavation skill has 30% + 5% per level in its description in the Technical skills section, but in the skill list, it has 40% + 5% per level of experience.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!

Return to “Rifts®”