OFFICAL I.S.P. recovery rate of the R.U.E. Mind Melter?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GT
Explorer

OFFICAL I.S.P. recovery rate of the R.U.E. Mind Melter?

Unread post by GT »

Once again...

What is the OFFICAL I.S.P. recovery rate of the R.U.E. Mind Melter? Is it the lower default or was left cut out? The original book gave it.

The two R.U.E. books I checked one first printing and one a latter printing do not have it. There is nothing in the R.U.E. Errata PDF.

OH side note. Any one going to post the later printing Errata corrections also?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: OFFICAL I.S.P. recovery rate of the R.U.E. Mind Melter?

Unread post by jaymz »

Official ISP recovery rate is 2 per hour of activity, 12 per hour of meditation or sleep, page 112 RMB. Not in RUE that I can see so go with RMB
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jaymz wrote:Official ISP recovery rate is 2 per hour of activity, 12 per hour of meditation or sleep, page 112 RMB. Not in RUE that I can see so go with RMB

You left something out jaymz, so it should read "Official ISP recovery rate for Mind Melters is 2 per...."
Yes, being accurate is necessary. Otherwise people will read what you stated to mean that the 2/ and the 12/ to be the base recovery rates for all Psi's.

According to RUE, in the Meditation power: unless noted in the PCC, psi's only recover 6 ISP per hour while using meditation.

Then under "I.S.P. or Inner Strength Points" on page 278, 1 per hour of sleep, and 2 per half-hour of meditation.

Then on page 366, "ISP Recovery", it says 2 per hour of sleep or 6 per hour of standard meditation, twelve or more for some PCC's.

While I can't find anything for the rates left out from the Mind Melter PCC (nor anything for the new dragons), I would go with "2/hr of activity & 12/hr of sleep or meditation" for the MM. The other master psi's (burster, dog-boy, psi stalker) in RUE use these rates.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
jaymz wrote:Official ISP recovery rate is 2 per hour of activity, 12 per hour of meditation or sleep, page 112 RMB. Not in RUE that I can see so go with RMB

You left something out jaymz, so it should read "Official ISP recovery rate for Mind Melters is 2 per...."
Yes, being accurate is necessary. Otherwise people will read what you stated to mean that the 2/ and the 12/ to be the base recovery rates for all Psi's.

According to RUE, in the Meditation power: unless noted in the PCC, psi's only recover 6 ISP per hour while using meditation.

Then under "I.S.P. or Inner Strength Points" on page 278, 1 per hour of sleep, and 2 per half-hour of meditation.

Then on page 366, "ISP Recovery", it says 2 per hour of sleep or 6 per hour of standard meditation, twelve or more for some PCC's.

While I can't find anything for the rates left out from the Mind Melter PCC (nor anything for the new dragons), I would go with "2/hr of activity & 12/hr of sleep or meditation" for the MM. The other master psi's (burster, dog-boy, psi stalker) use these rates.

You are quite right Drew, what was I thinking that the title would indicate what I was talking about :D No I am not being sarcastic, I've been on the boards long enough now to realize what you say in actuality quite true that someone will take what I said and twist it to mean all Psychics....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

One thing I noted while looking in RUE for this, was the abcence of the Advance Trance State (i.e.: super meditation) from the super psi powers list.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:One thing I noted while looking in RUE for this, was the abcence of the Advance Trance State (i.e.: super meditation) from the super psi powers list.

as much as I LIKE RUE.....there are some things they really didn't need to change but did. This being one of them.

\m/
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:While I can't find anything for the rates left out from the Mind Melter PCC (nor anything for the new dragons), I would go with "2/hr of activity & 12/hr of sleep or meditation" for the MM. The other master psi's (burster, dog-boy, psi stalker) in RUE use these rates.

Seconded, and I'd also apply this rule to all Master Psychics in WB12: Psyscape with their ISP recovery not listed.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:One thing I noted while looking in RUE for this, was the abcence of the Advance Trance State (i.e.: super meditation) from the super psi powers list.

Isn't that a power unique to Psyscape?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Beast wrote:

No. None of the powers in Psyscaqe are unique to there.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The Beast wrote:

It is the very first power listed in the Super Psi powers in the "Rifts Main Book."
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

I tried the resume up the whole ISP recovery mess from RUE in this article. Hope this helps (as always click on the upper-right button to translate it). Special thanks to drewkitty for pointing some references.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Well same question as the thread. Again.

Any one have a beyond 3rd printing book that gives the "Official" R.U.E. recovery rate of the R.U.E. Mind Melter?

Oh and thanks for every one who answered so far.
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

For those also searching for this answer, it FINALLY appeared in WB 36: Sovietski, page 124.

Probably taken from Page 366 of RUE for psychic ISP recovery, but its now there is an official posting.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
The Beast wrote:

It is the very first power listed in the Super Psi powers in the "Rifts Main Book."

Not seeing it on page 115 or 124. Unless it was mentioned in earlier editions and absent from the late reprint that I own, I think perhaps you're remembering a different game's main book: HU2p309

GT wrote:For those also searching for this answer, it FINALLY appeared in WB 36: Sovietski, page 124.

Probably taken from Page 366 of RUE for psychic ISP recovery, but its now there is an official posting.

Isn't that actually just for the Spetsnaz Intel OCC?

I was browsing around on the main webpage and came across this though:

https://palladiumbooks.com/images/Docum ... n-2017.pdf

2017 predates Sovietski's March 2018 debut...

Page 3/3 of this PDF lists an "ISP per hour" recovery chart and Melters have "12" in the Meditation/Sleep column just like Bursters, Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers. It also says this for "Other Master Psychic OCCS" which may override any lower rates previously published. I don't know if that nerfs the 20/ hour for Psi-Nullifiers though...

The table actually seems a bit wasteful, why not just say "All Master Psionic OCCs"?

Similarly, why list dragons at (4/2) when there is an "Other Psychics" with that rate?

Some other interesting new stuff:
    1) Cyber-Knights get 6 ISP per hour of sleep/meditation instead of 4 per meditation / 2 per sleep like most people.
    2) Meditation power gives 6... is that in addition to the "4/2" (10) or does it just replace the 4 with the 6? Meaning that normal psychics meditate at 4 but those who dedicate a lesser power to it get +2?

Also above the chart is this weird "ISP Boost at Ley Lines" which mentions, well...
Rifts GM Screen 2017 wrote:Drain 1d6+1 I.S.P. per melee round (15 seconds). Must be spend that round.

Actually that is mentioned on RUE 366, I think I just never noticed it until now.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic locked for resurrecting a discussion that died 8 years ago.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”