Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:47 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
Hey Mobutu I found some ley lines and Items not on your map. If you have the GM Guide go to page 333 and check out the Ley line and magic zone map. you do not have those items :)

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:54 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
Unfortunately, it doesn't show exactly where in the FoM where those ley lines are supposed to be, just a black splotch to represent where magic is supposedly strong (it looks more like a Rorcharct Ink Blot, oooh, a demon bird coming out of a rift!).

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
dragonfett wrote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't show exactly where in the FoM where those ley lines are supposed to be, just a black splotch to represent where magic is supposedly strong (it looks more like a Rorcharct Ink Blot, oooh, a demon bird coming out of a rift!).


No the GM guide has a couple magic zones like the FoM ink blot and a couple large lines
It does have a couple of lines...one going through salt lake city. one going down the Nevada side of the California border from northern California to Arizona. one going from Colorado to New Mexico. One from Wyoming to Colorado. Wyoming to Utah through Salt lake city it looks like. One from North Dakota to South Dakota. One from Oregon to Nevada.

Also 338 has a basic rendition of the california coastline

Anyone have any idea what area page 345 the lower left corner is of?

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:40 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
Quote:
Anyone have any idea what area page 345 the lower left corner is of?


That would be the Gulf of St. Lawrence, North East of the United States North Eastern Area.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
dragonfett wrote:
Quote:
Anyone have any idea what area page 345 the lower left corner is of?


That would be the Gulf of St. Lawrence, North East of the United States North Eastern Area.


ahhh ok... it was confusing without the land around it to give it context.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Daeglan wrote:
dragonfett wrote:
Unfortunately, it doesn't show exactly where in the FoM where those ley lines are supposed to be, just a black splotch to represent where magic is supposedly strong (it looks more like a Rorcharct Ink Blot, oooh, a demon bird coming out of a rift!).


No the GM guide has a couple magic zones like the FoM ink blot and a couple large lines
It does have a couple of lines...one going through salt lake city. one going down the Nevada side of the California border from northern California to Arizona. one going from Colorado to New Mexico. One from Wyoming to Colorado. Wyoming to Utah through Salt lake city it looks like. One from North Dakota to South Dakota. One from Oregon to Nevada.

Also 338 has a basic rendition of the california coastline

Anyone have any idea what area page 345 the lower left corner is of?



Cool! Thanks! I'm now updating the map. That goes directly into it! :D

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Hawthorne, Florida; Squad 7 Territory
Now I am having problems downloading it. I got it before but since the most recent updates, I can't get it.

_________________
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
It's looking good but I don't see the legend. What are yellow areas? I take it that the blue areas near the coast indicate the new coast line? I remember that the green honeycombs indicate Xitixix territory, but what about the green striped areas, I don't remember what those area were.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:55 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
dragonfett wrote:
It's looking good but I don't see the legend. What are yellow areas? I take it that the blue areas near the coast indicate the new coast line? I remember that the green honeycombs indicate Xitixix territory, but what about the green striped areas, I don't remember what those area were.


Legend is to the lower left.

Yellow areas are the tribal areas.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:13 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
The first version of the map that I had found did have it there, but the new updated version does not have the map key.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
dragonfett wrote:
The first version of the map that I had found did have it there, but the new updated version does not have the map key.



Odd cause mine does last I checked.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:29 pm
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
I still have the first map that I downloaded as well. You might want to go to the link provided at the beginning of the thread and follow it and download the new map to see what I am talking about.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:38 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
dragonfett wrote:
I still have the first map that I downloaded as well. You might want to go to the link provided at the beginning of the thread and follow it and download the new map to see what I am talking about.


Just did and I see what you mean.

Hey Mobuttu It would be helpful if you went back to having version numbers and a last updated line on your web page. I did not realize you had made tons of changes since I last updated.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Tyranneix wrote:
Now I am having problems downloading it. I got it before but since the most recent updates, I can't get it.


The updating is a still a work in progress. Downloading problems comes from the Daimyo hosting. Just download it from the link in the first entry of this thread.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
dragonfett wrote:
The first version of the map that I had found did have it there, but the new updated version does not have the map key.


???? Don't know what version of the map do you have. Last version is 1.2. named in the file name.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 am
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
Thats not what you get when you follow the links on the fist post. If tyou follow the link on your blog you get Rifts_Atlas_Total.pdf This seems to be newer that the 1.2 map.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
The first map that I downloaded was the 1.2 version, the file name for which is Rifts_Atles_v1_2. The map that I just downloaded a couple days ago, following the link in your first post, had the file name Rifts_Atles_TOTAL. The yellow and blue areas on the coast of the TOTAL map were much easier to see when zoomed all of the way out. The link I used was the first link in the first post. I just checked the other two links that were provided by Mack in the post goes to sites that have the v1.2 PDF and the .png format for the same map.

I am now wondering, Mobuttu. Was the TOTAL map an earlier working version of the map that you came up with? The whole reason I had checked the link is because I could have sworn seeing in this thread that you had recently made updates to the map.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:51 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Last version is Rifts_Atles_v1_2. The update is still a work in progress so it's not uploaded. Thanks for your interest! :D

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:34 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:57 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
dragonfett wrote:
So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?


Was the first version, before I did the firsts updates from several comments on this forums.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:58 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 4208
You might want to edit your first post with that disclaimer. Preferably in red. Don't take it down though, so that people can have both versions to look at and compare.

_________________
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 am
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
mobuttu wrote:
dragonfett wrote:
So what was the Rifts Atles TOTAL then?


Was the first version, before I did the firsts updates from several comments on this forums.


OK then I would say one of your links needs fixed or removed :)

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:38 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
dragonfett wrote:
You might want to edit your first post with that disclaimer. Preferably in red. Don't take it down though, so that people can have both versions to look at and compare.


Done. Thanks! :D

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:39 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
I can't wait to see your new update :)

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 pm
  

User avatar
Explorer

Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Hawthorne, Florida; Squad 7 Territory
Agreed! This is an AWESOME map and I'm currently looking at getting it printed at it's full size when the new update comes out of course.

_________________
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:04 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
I think the adventure book has some towns near black bay.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:04 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
I think the adventure book has some towns near black bay.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Lastest version (v.1.5.) already available from here.

Please, Saitou Hajime, get in touch with me to send you this las version for hosting it (should you still available, of course).

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:24 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
Can you tighten up the magic zone texture. They are not very clear.
The west coast coast line has not been added :) Otherwise looks really good.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:53 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Daeglan wrote:
Can you tighten up the magic zone texture. They are not very clear.


Yes, I could do it, but I did several test and that texture is good enough for not cover the other information below it and to keep the map clear. Bear in mind that strong magic regions is there as a guide, not for a strong reference (Ley Lines from it were added, though, as you suggested).

Daeglan wrote:
The west coast coast line has not been added :) Otherwise looks really good.


I know. It goes to a new update.

Thanks for you comments.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:26 pm
  

User avatar
Wanderer

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 86
Excellent work on the map.

I know PB says they want game masters to be free to make their own ley lines where appropriate, but at least the major ones should be documented! After all, a good long ley line can produce a fast trade route between two friendly cities, or a potential invasion route... There are TW vehicles that only travel along ley lines and are not man-portable, you would think the pilots at least would want maps of how to get to 'X' & LL Walkers/Rifters could easily make such maps in a very short time.

Some guidelines from PB would also help GMs who have different ideas than their players. i.e. one game I decided major highways would be major ley lines due to years of people travelling along them, (similar to the way some major cities became nexus points) and at the time of the cataclysm, etc... Game didn't go far after that since they wanted less lines (they were near Lazlo geographically *sigh*).

HR

_________________
<- Banned from Explorers Unlimited for Objecting to EU GM Abuse. Be warned, GMs play favorites, and ignore rule books if it suits them. They also are not afraid to apply the rules to one person in the party but not another. This is FACT, If you need proof I have it. Fight bullying online and everywhere


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Just this side of the Rainbow
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!
Mobutu,

My hat is off to you. This is an excellent resource. Thank you.

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?

(I may be wrong in this assumption, but it appears that the Lone Star Complex on your map Mobutu is near or at Lubbock TX -- again, I may be wrong...)

I have read through all the books, cross-referenced the Rifts Maps with all currently existing military installations and nothing that I can find matches. In the Lone Star book i says that what the coalition calls the Lone Star Complex was a "pre-Rifts military installation built by the old American Empire during the Golden Age of Science." Perhaps, in the Rifts Pre-History, the US Govt did exercise Imminent Domain (Not very "Golden Age" of them, though). I don't know...maybe I'm missing something here...


~ N

_________________
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:
We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:01 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:15 pm
Posts: 996
Location: Saline, MI, USA
Comment: Success is reflective of passion.
Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.

_________________
E-Mail: PM me for my email.
Play Types: Table Top, or G+ Hangouts.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
GMing Currently: D&D5e
Playing Currently: D&D5e
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/juce734 (please check out)
Website: http://www.rpgjuce.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
Juce734 wrote:
Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.


Its a PDF... there should be no reason you can't download it.

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:19 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 1994
Daeglan wrote:
Juce734 wrote:
Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.


Its a PDF... there should be no reason you can't download it.

Unless there is a problem with your browser plugin for opening PDFs.

_________________
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 pm
  

Adventurer

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:46 am
Posts: 798
LostOne wrote:
Daeglan wrote:
Juce734 wrote:
Is it possible for someone to save it as a jpeg/bitmap and upload it to photobucket or some other image hosting site? I can't DL it for some reason how it is.


Its a PDF... there should be no reason you can't download it.

Unless there is a problem with your browser plugin for opening PDFs.


Shouldn't be relevant if you right click on it and say save as. :)

_________________
Check out my photography http://daeglan.imagekind.com


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 1994
Daeglan wrote:
Shouldn't be relevant if you right click on it and say save as. :)

You'd be surprised how many people don't know about that. Juce734 didn't give much detail so I have no idea what their experience level is, or really what the problem they're having is at all.

_________________
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:51 am
  

User avatar
D-Bee

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm
Posts: 6
Mobuttu,

Excellent work here. You've added a great new dimension to my game. If you can, would love a heads up whenever you update it.

_________________
Brought to you by the letter X and the number 23.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm
  

User avatar
Champion

Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 10:29 pm
Posts: 1994
Louchavelli wrote:
Excellent work here. You've added a great new dimension to my game. If you can, would love a heads up whenever you update it.

Subscribe to the thread, when it gets updated a post gets made here.

_________________
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 am
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Thank you all for your kind words. I did this map as a tool for all Rifts GM, so enjoy it! :-D

@Nadrakas: To be honest, I don't remember where I picked up the placing information for Lone Star (I think I just placed it according to the sourcebook map, not following a special named place) so I'm afraid I can't be any help on this matter. Sorry.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Just this side of the Rainbow
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!
mobuttu wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words. I did this map as a tool for all Rifts GM, so enjoy it! :-D

@Nadrakas: To be honest, I don't remember where I picked up the placing information for Lone Star (I think I just placed it according to the sourcebook map, not following a special named place) so I'm afraid I can't be any help on this matter. Sorry.


Mobuttu,

No problem. My wife and I have scoured the books for any hint, but no success. We're going with it being Reese AFB (or in my campaign, Reese ASFB - Air and Space Force Base). In my campaign, Congress took it back during the last two decades before the coming of the Blue Lines.


~ N

_________________
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:
We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:14 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:49 pm
Posts: 868
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Comment: Fortune favors the bold.
mobuttu,

Thanks for all of the hard work you've put into this. It has been a huge help in my games, and I'm actually thinking about taking it to a print shop to get a 2x3 map-sized version printed and laminated.

_________________
Staff Sergeant of Marines
Semper Fi
0659


MaxxSterling wrote:
Lucky is my hero. The end.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:52 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 517
Nadrakas wrote:
Mobutu,

My hat is off to you. This is an excellent resource. Thank you.

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?


On page 16 in WB13 it says that the base was built by the Old American Empire 6 years before the coming of the rifts. Whether or not there was anything there before, I don't know.

Actually, I have this feeling that one of the Mercenary books (Mercs, Merc Ops, or Merctown) mentions the Pre-Rifts name to the complex. A few weeks ago I was rereading those 3 books and I feel like I came across that. It could have been in some random place like an NPC's background story, though.

C. Chopps


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:47 am
  

User avatar
Dungeon Crawler

Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm
Posts: 202
Location: Just this side of the Rainbow
Comment: Strength through Unity, Unity through Faith!
cchopps wrote:
Nadrakas wrote:
Mobutu,

My hat is off to you. This is an excellent resource. Thank you.

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?


On page 16 in WB13 it says that the base was built by the Old American Empire 6 years before the coming of the rifts. Whether or not there was anything there before, I don't know.

Actually, I have this feeling that one of the Mercenary books (Mercs, Merc Ops, or Merctown) mentions the Pre-Rifts name to the complex. A few weeks ago I was rereading those 3 books and I feel like I came across that. It could have been in some random place like an NPC's background story, though.

C. Chopps


Then I shall scour them until my eyes bleed!


~ N

_________________
Chicago Broadcast, 12 DEC 2098, M.P.: wrote:
We are the People of Earth. Those Things are not of Earth. Our path is clear and simple. We belong here, they do not. I, for one, will do everything in my power to close the Gates so we can send those things back to whatever Hell they came from!! NOW, WHO IS WITH ME!!!

Visit Nadrakas's RPG Corner


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 pm
  

User avatar
Adventurer

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:36 pm
Posts: 517
Nadrakas wrote:
cchopps wrote:
Nadrakas wrote:

If I may ask a question of you, or anyone else who may know: In any of the books, does it mention that the Lone Star Complex was built at a pre-existing military installation, or (as I'm beginning to suspect) was it a "brand new" installation (ie: Imminent Domain...)?


On page 16 in WB13 it says that the base was built by the Old American Empire 6 years before the coming of the rifts. Whether or not there was anything there before, I don't know.

Actually, I have this feeling that one of the Mercenary books (Mercs, Merc Ops, or Merctown) mentions the Pre-Rifts name to the complex. A few weeks ago I was rereading those 3 books and I feel like I came across that. It could have been in some random place like an NPC's background story, though.

C. Chopps


Then I shall scour them until my eyes bleed!

~ N


Oh boy, that is a lot of pressure. :) I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining this, though. I'll take a look through the most recent books I have reread. I feel like it was on the left side of a left page.

Please post if you find it!

C. Chopps


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm
  

D-Bee

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 2
First off, just wanted to say...I LOVE the map! Great job!

BUT...I also have a request. While the map is great, and shows darn near everything, that's the problem...it shows darn near everything, including things I don't want my players to know the location of yet.

Would there be any way (please please please) to just get the base layers (showing the geography before-and-after the Cataclysm), without all the labels and zones, so I could use it as a map with my players?


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:56 pm
  

User avatar
Wanderer

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:20 pm
Posts: 57
Location: California
This map is FANTASTIC! A friend who is new to Rifts is GMing a game and this resource has made him much more confident in his grasp of the world. Knowing the geography and how things relate to one another is so helpful! Thank you so much!

_________________
__________________________
Writer/Publisher/Manager at Triptych Books
www.facebook.com/triptychbooks


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:24 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
DreamingGecko wrote:
First off, just wanted to say...I LOVE the map! Great job!

BUT...I also have a request. While the map is great, and shows darn near everything, that's the problem...it shows darn near everything, including things I don't want my players to know the location of yet.

Would there be any way (please please please) to just get the base layers (showing the geography before-and-after the Cataclysm), without all the labels and zones, so I could use it as a map with my players?


Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. I took the geoprapht layer from here. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the delay.

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:33 pm
Posts: 1454
Location: Girona (Catalonia) - Spain
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas
Bob_12 wrote:
This map is FANTASTIC! A friend who is new to Rifts is GMing a game and this resource has made him much more confident in his grasp of the world. Knowing the geography and how things relate to one another is so helpful! Thank you so much!


Hey! That's great to read! I'm really glad you boys use it and enjoy it! :D

_________________
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rifts NA map
Unread postPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 pm
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:46 pm
Posts: 1328
Location: Phase World
Mobuttu,

When I go to the link for your newest version and click on the map itself, I get a not found page. I can download the 1.2 version that Mack put up (thanks for including that link in your original post), but not the latest version. I can download your thumbnail of it, but nothing else. Help?

Edit: also where are Okeemo and New Pembroke and Riverbend mentioned? New Pembroke sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

_________________
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group