Board index » MDC Worlds » Rifts®

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 am

Adventurer

Yes we enjoy supporting forcefields for all purposes, also getting a sharpshooting xeno ostrich animatronic.

Oh and at 98 pages no less.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Priest

89er wrote:
Yes we enjoy supporting forcefields for all purposes, also getting a sharpshooting xeno ostrich animatronic.

Oh and at 98 pages no less.

Indeed. We're edging towards the big One-Zero-Zero.
I've got two new war mounts in work-up and a tentative two or three(waiting for the ideas to coalesce), a couple more Elites, a handful of NPCs, and a handful of animals, thought I SHOULD work on finalizing some more villains and more color/story fluff.

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:25 pm

Priest

There’s a million epic tales in the ranks of the Shemarrian clans; these are just a few of them.....

Karsic Vedor( Wayfinder NeShemar NPC)

“#cough#....I don’t know if I should be happy you came in to rescue me, or appalled that you managed to penetrate security on a supp....supp@splaff@ -supposedly secret and sec****ccccuuuurggghhhh---s’cure research installation, but I’m’fraid you came too late #wretch# r’scue me or interro*gag*te me, l’dy.”
[[“It is your imminent death that drew us, but also the prospects of your imminent rebirth, Doctor Vedor.”]]
^grrraaaugggkkk^”’Imminent Rebirth’? You’re not going to try to convert me to some religion, are you? Because #cough# put me out my misery now!”
[[“Conversion, yes, but not to another religion. More like another FORMAT, Doctor.”]}

<<“So you’re my Junior-brain for this mission? Let’s see what got loaded in this body this time....Okay, land navigation....looks like I’ll be doing some hiking.....heavy energy weapons...I hope I don’t have to trust you in a situation where we have to use THAT.... jetpack autopilot? Good thing I’m not afraid of heights. Hope I don’t have to take over in an emergency, though.”>>

<<“Every new body I slip into takes some getting used to. It’s not just ‘plug and play’, it’s ‘plug and adjust’. I have to spend some time in both sim and real time getting used to a lot of factors like reflexes, response time, posture, and freedom of movement when I’m the one actually initiating and thinking through actions, and not sitting in the backseat giving orders. And in -serious- action? I have to work WITH the spinal AI, like it’s my mute dance partner, to get the steps right, so we don’t trip over each other when it really counts.”>>

<<“Elizabeth! Look out!”>>
The young xenobiologist snapped out of her daydreaming, steam-fogged revere to stare in horror at the wall of alien flesh looming just outside her shower stall, polyps reaching greedily towards her-
Suddenly she felt herself being grabbed and pulled back, as one of the laboratory station’s ubiquitous general services mechanoids busted into the bathroom, shouldered aside the plastic divider, scooped her up under one arm, and swept back out into the hall, one of its tool arms ‘morphing into a weapon and blasting away at the psuedopods flailing at her dangling heels. A part of her mind, the part not gibbering in shocked terror, abstractedly noted that Specimen Three was finally displaying activity other than quivering dormancy. She also numbly noticed that there had been no containment breach alarm, which should have sounded in the time it took Specimen Three to escape its cell and make its way into the staff habitat section.
As if reading her thoughts, the maintenance ‘bot shrilled out:

<<“Containment Breach! Lab One! Habitat One! Initiate Full Lock-Down!”>>
-this cry was echoed by the station’s alarm system a moment later.
Wait a minute---since when did the utility drones call her by her FIRST name?

Karsic Vedor is a Transferred Intelligence neshemar in the service of the Wayfinder Tribe. A scientist in his last life with a long and ‘interesting’ career in military-related research and consultancy for the CCW in the Three Galaxies, Vedor ‘s luck ran out when he contracted an incurable terminal health condition from one of the projects he was overseeing. Fortunately, one of the Shemarrian Tribes was in the area, looking to contract Vedor for some consultancy work of their own, and their accompanying Valkyri twigged to Vedor’s imminent death throes. Sneaking into the remote lab station where he was quarantined and dying, they made Karsic Vedor an offer he couldn’t refuse. Suspecting that his ‘accidental exposure’ to killing radiation was anything but, and that he may have been targeted for silencing by corrupt elements in the local CCW government for knowing too much, Vedor accepted the Shemarrians’ offer and became a Transferred Intelligence. In return, the Shemarrians arranged to help him stage his own death and cover his tracks.
Rather than take a fixed form, for his first job for the EShemar, Vedor volunteered to be a spy, infiltrating various research and industrial sites to gather information on what the CCW and other powers are doing with regards to certain fields of science. Having had long experience in skirting the darker side of technology, with regards to inspecting suspect projects, sniffing out treaty violations, and studying(and often defusing) violatile mechanisms, and knowing that his former employers weren’t saints in that regard, Vedor felt that he could do a fair job in a similar role for the Shemarrians.
Vedor is currently masquerading as a general systems utility ‘bot working aboard a deep space xenobiology lab in a small human-colonized polity in the Three Galaxies. He has infiltrated the research facility, with nobody else suspecting that Drone #383 is really a highly intelligent sentient scientist in its own right, with an assortment of concealed sensors and weapons. Unfortunately, as Vedor has discovered, his covert presence isn’t the only thing the personnel of the research station are unaware of. Several of the alien specimens they’re studying are FAR more intelligent and dangerous(and just plain EVIL) than they believe, and their containment protocols are dangerously inadequate. Vedor is struggling to figure out a way to deal with the problem without blowing his cover, but fears that if he doesn’t do anything SOON, the well-meaning, but ignorant, station personnel will pay a hideous price when the aliens break free.

Level of Experience:13th Level CAF Scientist
Race: Transferred Intelligence Robot, formerly Human
Alignment: Scrupulous
Land of Origin: McMenron’s Purchase, Consortium of Civilized Worlds
Sex: Male
Height:(current body) 6’ 5”
Weight:(current body) 450 lbs
Physical Description/Appearance:
Kasic Vedor’s consciousness resides in a small lighter-sized cube of crystal and metal, while his current body is that of a rather plain, angular, humanoid utility robot with boxy limbs and an angular, sensor-screen face. The body frame is gray ceramic-metal, with overlaying plates of light blue-white, adorned with bright yellow and orange caution stripes. The ‘bot features two arms and a third tool arm that folds out from the back.
Doctor Vedor can, with the right projection equipment, manifest a projected avatar of a middle-aged human male with tan skin and graying hair, though he admits that he reprogrammed the original image to have fuller hair and a better build than the original.
Disposition:
A dedicated man of science, Vedor’s orientation runs to the practical and the cautious. He is interested in applied science, initially with making weapons and defensive systems to protect the CCW, but also became involved in designing safety protocols. He became disillisioned with the corner-cutting more idealistic scientists did, as well as the rush by government agencies to get new technologies into the field, or misapply them. His later career was marked by a growing cynicism about the ethics of his employers.
Something of a workaholic in his old life, Vedor spent most of his adult life working, with little opportunity to actually live it up. Ironically, now that he’s a fleshless AI, he finds himself involved in (indeed EAGER for) the sort of daring-do and adventure he dreamed of before he got stuck doing lab and administrative work. Admittedly, his current mission imitating a dull-witted utility ‘bot, was initially very frustrating, and has become utterly nerve-wracking, but it’s really the sort of thing he needs to appear as to get access to the data he’s seeking. Problem is, if the situation explodes like he suspects it will, his new existence is about to become WAY more exciting than he’d like.
The fact that he’s now a citizen of a society of sapient machines offering him a variety of options and, if he’s smart and fast on his feet, a very LONG life, means that Vedor has a lot to look forward to, including maybe having the sort of life he missed out as before his radiation ‘accident’.
Oddly enough, when he was fully flesh and blood, Vedor had time to grow cynical of, and detached from, other people, as he often saw employers with ulterior motives and contacts with something to hide, so he tended not to grow too close to anybody. Now that he’s effectively biologically dead, he’s finding he has a growing craving for company, and may give other people a second chance, provided they aren’t TOO boneheaded or self-centered.

Physical Attributes/Superlatives:
IQ: 20(+6% IQ bonus)
ME: 22
MA:11
PS: 38(Robotic)
PP: 20
PE:----
PB: 4
SPD:(Running) 50 MPH
(Leaping) 12 ft up/across

(ISP):----
(PPE): 4

Hit Points:----
SDC:----
MDC:
Hands(2) 18 each
Arms(3) 80 each
Legs(2) 120 each
Head 75
Main Body 280
Horror Factor:----
Special Abilities/Characteristics/Powers:
Magic:----
Psionics:----
Cybernetics/Bionics/Robotics:
*Spotlight
*360-degree Waist Rotation
*Molecular Adhesion Foot Pads
*Modular Tool Mounts
*Goop Sprayer----The left arm features a spray-applicator typically used for dispensing a quick-setting sealant resin, for repairing air seals and molding insulation. Effective range is 10 ft, and a hip tank holds enough for 25 applications.

*Fire Extinguisher---The right arm holds a chemical fire extinguisher for putting out fires. 50 ft range, covers a 15 ft area per burst, and 15 applications.

*Faux Sensor Reads---Vedor’s current body is gimmicked to give false diagnostic readouts if anybody tries to pull maintenance on the ‘bot.

*Psionic Baffling---This conceals the presence of any residual PPE/ISP attendant to the Transferred Intelligence to psychic senses. It would require direct phsyical contact and use of a power like Object Read to detect the presence of the TI inside the robot drone frame.

-Multi-Optics

-Laser Targeting--+1 to strike w/ ranged weaponry

-Radiation Detector---Registers local radiation levels.

-Smoke Detector ---Detects airborne contaminants, especially combustion byproducts.

-Circuit Reader----The ‘bot can ‘see’ electromagnetic activity at ranges up to 200 ft.

-Concealed Molecular Analyzer ---Samples the air and ingested material samples for spectrographic analysis.

-Motion Detector---Doubles as an air pressure monitor(very important aboard a space station)

-Mini-Radar w/ Deep/Penetrating Scan---Effective range of 6 miles in long range mode, while more detailed deep penetration scans are limited to 500 ft.

-Long Range Radio w/ Scrambler Chip. Contains an emergency homing beacon tuned to Shemarrian Star Nation frequencies.

-Tempest Computer Reader System--Can read computers without actually touching them or going througha wireless connection, simply by picking up on the EM patterns on display devices.

-Recording Systems----Micro-memory recorders capture all that the drone’s sensors pick up in high-resolution detail.

-Concealed Compartments(Legs, Torso)---These compartments are larger enough to hold a large paperback book.

-Concealed Vibro-Cutter---Concealed in one arm is a powered cutter bar that does 2d4 MD.

*Laser Finger Blaster----Multi-Mode tool/weapon(300 ft range, 1d6-3d6 SDC, 1D4 MD, unlimited payload).

*Particle Blaster----The labor drone’s multi-tool arms have been modified to incorporate some extras not in the government specs: a ‘morphing particle beam blaster(1,600 ft, and 1d6x10 MD per blast, unlimited payload)

*Compact Nuclear Powerplant----Drone #383 is SUPPOSED to be powered by a 5-day battery cell, but Vedor has a compact nuclear power cell hidden inside him that gives him a 10-YEAR power life. His AI core can supposedly remain dormant, but still viable, for CENTURIES.

-Concealed EVA Propulsion Jets---Can propel the drone in micro/zero-gravity at speeds up to 300 MPH.

Skills:(13th Level CAF Scientist)
Language/Literacy
-Trade Four/English 98%/98%
-Trade Six 98%/98%
-Trade One 98%/98%
-Kreeghor 98%/98%
-Shemarrian 66%/46%(though has a sub-AI translator that performs both at 90%)
Advanced Math 98%
Computer Operation 98%
Computer Programming 91%
Artificial Intelligence 95%
Computer Hacking 91%
Xenology 98%
First Aid 98%
Chemistry 98%
Chemistry Analytical 98%
Biology 98%
Physics 98%
Weapons Engineer 98%
Mechanical Engineering 98%
Nuclear, Biological & Chemical (NBC) Warfare 98%
Basic Electronics 98%
Electrical Engineer 98%
Radio: Basic 98%
Electronic Countermeasures (Jamming) 98%
FTL Radio(Radio: Deep Space) 98%
Surveillance Systems 98%
TV./Video 96%
Locksmith 76%
Lore: Demons and Monsters 81%
Read Sensory Equipment 98%
EVA 60%
Movement: Zero Gravity 71%
Riddles & Logic Puzzles
Cooking 98%
Pilot Hovercraft 98%
Pilor Automobile 98%
Research 98%
Intelligence 70%
Horror Desensitization
Lore: Galactic 76%

Hand to Hand: Expert
W.P. Energy Pistol (+7 strike)
W.P. Energy Rifle(+4 strike)

In his current chassis, Vedor also has a subbrain, a drone robot AI(Vedor refers to it as ‘Junior’) that the scientist-spy can turn boring and repetitive work over to while he mentally attends to other tasks. Using his knowledge of programming and artificial intelligence, Vedor’s actually managed to jigger the drone AI to be more proficient than other locally-produced drones.
Basic Repair & Maintenance 98%
Basic Electronics 98%
Power Generation 90%
Basic Mechanics 98%
Spaceship/Spacestation Mechanics 90%
Computer Repair 90%
EVA 90%
Movement: Zero Gravity

Actions/Attacks per Melee: 6
Initiative:+1
Strike:+2
Parry: +5
Dodge: +5
Roll:+2
Pull Punch:+2
Damage:+3
Critical Strike on Unmodified 18-20.
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Kick 3d6 MD(drone body not really designed for combat kicking)
Bodyblock/ram 1d6 MD

Saves:
+4 Vs Psionics
+3 Vs Horror Factor
Even on an unsuccessful save versus Horror Factor, only suffers HALF penalties(effect, duration) for being frightened.
+6 save versus insanity
+1 save versus possession
Immune to biology-affecting magic.

Notable Possessions/Equipment:
Vedor ‘s lifestyle encouraged traveling light, and he was rarely anywhere long enough to collect much in the way of material possessions. The circumstances of his ‘death’ also preventing the recovery of much of his existing personal possessions, but the EShemar Valkari were able to grab his most cherished keepsakes, including a memory cube of his early life and school, a silver ring from a failed courtship of a classmate, a credit chip from his late parents, and several microforms of confidential information he managed to acquire about former employers.
In his current assignment he has access to a tricked-out lifepod hidden in one of the cargo bays/warehouse modules of the spacestation. The pod holds recording gear, several sample cabinets, and a short-Jump CG drive that will, in an emergency, quickly flip to a remote corner of the star system’s Ort Cloud and a rendevouz point with a Shemarrian vessel.
His disguise as a station maintenance ‘bot also gives Vedor access to the supply pods of the facility, as well as its entertainment/comm system.

Vehicle:
None, currently. His drone body is authorized to operate powered transport slabs

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Priest

EcoS-K-160 Alphaedite Aquatic Warmount
(aka ‘Pistolobster’, ‘Snappak’, ‘Cascent “, ‘Rifle Shrimp”, ‘Plinkerster’)

“I used to think, when I first got my warmount, that my Cal-taros assigned me to the front picket because the sight of succulent little me sitting inside my fragile-looking glass-shell would bait the predators to come out and have a go at me, but when I found out what a Snappak could do, I could almost pity the monster who tried to shuck me for a shrimp dinner.”

“My advice; the two-way glass cockpit is all very nice if you like sightseeing, but in close combat it’s a good idea to adjust the all-around and opacity down. It can be REAL nerve-wracking to have a monster’s jaws clashing just inches from your face if you forget you’ve got a couple of inches of armor-plas between you.”

The Alphaedite is another new DarkWaters marine warmount. that has begun appearing in numbers, especially with DeepWatch.
The Alphaedite resembles a giant glass shrimp, with a near transparent body shell revealing its internal organs and muscles. In reality, the Alphaedite’s shell uses optical refraction to conceal most of its internal workings, and project a misleading illusion of organic innards.
The rider of a Alphaedite rides inside a ‘glass canopy’ inside the main body. The ‘smart glass’( a boro-silicate composite doped with nanocircuitry) can be tuned to be one-way or two-way transparency, with HUD projected on the interior.
While armor is relatively light, the Alphaedite is heavily armed for its weight-class. It sports eye lasers as standard, modified for blue-green frequencies, but also carries a brace of long range projectile ‘long’ guns; a pair of powerful sonic cannons, and possible torpedo armaments. For close combat, the EcoS-K-160 apes the larger EcoS-K-107 Stormapod in having ‘sledgehammer’ or ‘mantis’-stye forelimbs designed for high speed strikes, only the Alphaedite’s are smaller. It can also strike out with its legs and tail. However, the warmount’s thin armor means that it has a reputation as a ‘glass cannon’(or ‘glass pistol(shrimp)”) that is best off using its heavy firepower to quickly cripple or slow a heavier opponent, and use the immediate aftermath of the skirmish to widen the range(again).
The Alphaedites, given their roll as pickets and scouts, also carry an array of advanced sensors. The long antennae that protrude from the head of the warmount, as well as numerous small sensor fins on the tail, give the Alphaedite a good chance of detecting trouble in time to take evasive action, or set up an ambush. On land, the Alphaedite is fairly slow and clumsy, but underwater it is quite agile, its flexible multi-segmented tail able to bend and flex to redirect its propulsor jets and swimmerets, and even swim backwards.
Alphaedites are light, but fast(especially in water) combatants that are typically used for scouting and picket duties. They are frequently given to promising neShemar militia warriors.

Type: EcoS-K-160 Alphaedite
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aquatic
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Cockpit 80
Head 90
Antennae(4) 30 each
Antennae Spear Guns(2) 60 each
Snapper Claws(2) 100 each
Sonic Blaster Arms(2) 100 each
Legs(6) 50 each
Swimmerets(10) 30 each
Tail 95
Height: 4 ft , 5 ft w/ legs fully extended
Width: 6 ft
Length: 25 ft
Weight: 2.8 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the cockpit for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom at 20 MPH, or swim at 40 MPH, maximum depth tolerance of 2.5 miles.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Alphaedites have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 180 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Sonar--- 30 mile active range

*Advanced Motion Detector System---The Alphaedite’s long antennae allow it to pick through murky waters, and can pick up motion through the water as far away as 600 ft.

*Magnetic Anomaly Detector--------Detects magnetic fields and metal objects in a 5,000 ft radius, charging rail guns and fusion powerplants at DOUBLE that range.

*Molecular Analyzer---Gives the Alphaedite the ability to track by scent in the water. 70%

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---Blue-green frequency lasers, for maximum penetration underwater.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Antennae Spear Guns(2) ---Two of the antennae are really long hollow barrels firing small underwater projectiles, specially shaped for maximum range underwater. The Alphaedite can manufacture its own solid projectiles, similar to the Hurga gun-beast, from megadamage materials it is able to ingest, though it cannot produce the more sophisticated tracer and explosive spears. Rate of fire is slow(the guns cannot fire bursts) nd damage per round is relatively low, but the long barrel arrays allow for exceptional range. These weapons have earned the Alphaedite the reputation of being a submarine sniper of sorts.
Range:( MD Metal) 7,500 ft in air, 1,800 ft underwater
(MD Stone/Concrete) 3,000 ft in air, 600 ft underwater
(MD Bone/Chitin) 1,000 ft in air, 400 ft underwater
Damage:(MDC Metal) 1d8 MD single round
(MD Stone/Concrete) 1d6 MD single round
(MD Bone/Chitin) 1d4 MD single round
(Explosive) 1d4x100 SD or 1d6x10 MD
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Alphaedite can make and store up to 300 rounds of ammunition in a helical magazine around its ‘gut’, plus a smaller magazine(generally reserved for specialized projectiles such as tracers or explosive-tipped) holding 50 rds.

3) Sonic Blasters(2)---Two of the foreclaws end in powerful sonic projectors, particularly effective underwater.
Range: 1,800 ft underwater, 600 ft in air
Damage:: Wide Beam: 4d6 MD to a 30 ft area
Concentrated Beam: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
Sonar Blast----This is an enormous ‘belch’ of sonic cacophony that can blind sonar systems within range with a mass of ‘white noise’, knocking them out for 1d4 melees. Sonar and acoustic homing systems will lose target lock, and sonar-using creatures will be stunned and ‘blind’ for 1d4 minutes.
Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per say, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crew members, causing creeping disorientation and increasing agitation, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or un-insulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.
This setting is most effective against vessels 60 ft long or smaller...larger vessels will take an extra full melee per 50 ft of length for this to work...or several cannon working in concert, to be effective.
Rate of Fire:(Sonic Blast) ECHH

4) Ink Dispenser---Two ducts in the abdomen can release an obscuring chemical that clouds the waters.
In the dark abyssal depths, the dispenser can also release a cloud of luminescent chemicals that effectively blind creatures adapted to see in low light conditions.
Range: Produces a cloud in the air or water
Damage:(Varies)
a) Ink----Usable only in water. It covers a 60 ft diameter area and persists for 1d6+1 melees before dispersing. No damage, but those caught in the fog are -4 to strike, parry, dodge, disarm, and entangle while caught in the cloud. Targeting lasers automatically lose lock through the cloud, and lasers, even blue-green modulated, do HALF damage trying to pierce the murk.

b) *Fizz’ ----This is a foaming chemical compound that shows up on sonar due to the alka-seltzer-like noise, the persistent cloud of bubbles makes it much more difficult for sonar to get an exact lock on the submarine behind the bubbles. Furthermore, many sea creatures are hesitant to cross the cloud of bubbles.
In game terms, the ‘fizz’ lasts 1d6 melees, is roughly 100 ft wide by 500 ft long(the ‘cloud’ foaming as the sub moves along) and during that, sonar-guided weapons(and attackers) are -2 to lock onto the submarine. Creatures caught in the bubbles are -5 to strike, dodge, and parry due to the distraction.

c) Gill Clog---Creates a cloud 80 ft in diameter that lingers for 1d4 minutes. Water-breathers attempting to breath the gunk are -6 on initiative/ strike/ parry/ and dodge, reduce APMs by HALF, and skill performance by -50% as they struggle to breath. A saving throw of 16 or better means the victim only suffers HALF penalties. Leaving the cloud means the victim can start breathing again unhindered, but the aftereffects will linger for 2d4 minutes. Staying in the cloud longer than a minute will almost certainly(1-79% chance) kill the victim.

c) Glow-Juice----Binary chemicals that react with each other to create bright ‘cool’ light in a cloud 80 ft in diameter that lingers for 2d4 melees. Against creatures adapted to low light conditions, it acts as a Blinding Flash spell; -10 to strike, parry, dodge for 1d4 melees.
Payload: 10 chemical shots per array

5) (Optional) Torpedoes( 2 hardpoints) ----Concealed under the shell of the Alphaedite can be attached pods for torpedoes----Each hardpoint slot can hold ONE 8 mini-torpedo pod, 2 short-range torpedoes, or ONE medium torpedo.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Has the standard Monstrex base programming, plus the following:
Underwater Navigation 80%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Undersea & Sea Survival 94%
Trap/Mine Detection 80%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Alphaedite intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding), Technical: Undersea Salvage, and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting, Track & Hunt Sea Animals).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3, +5 underwater
Automatic Dodge(Underwater only) +1
Strike +3 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +4
Roll +3, +5 underwater
Bite 1d6 MD
Antennae Jab 1d6 MD
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Foreclaw Jab 4d6
Foreclaw Power Stab(2 attacks) 9d6 MD.
Double Power Stab(2 attacks) 1d6x10+15 MD.
Tear/Pry 3d6 MD
Leg Kick/Slash 1d4 MD
Tail Slap 1d8 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Alphaedite an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Alphaedite has a fairly timid disposition, and is ever aware of its surroundings, but can strike with surprising ferocity in combat , usually before quickly dashing away out of harm’s reach.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Variants:

*EcoS-K-160E---(aka ‘Tesla/Edison Shrimp’, ‘Ionator’, ‘Prodder-prawn’, ‘Tazer-prawn’) Replaces the antennae cannon with a powerful electrical shock delivery system able to burn out electronics and stun even large beasts.
Changes/Modifications:
Weapons Systems:
2) Shock Rods(2)---The two gun-antennae have been replaced with super-conductive rods that can deliver powerful(powerful enough to even stun MDC creatures) electrical shocks on contact, or bleed an electrical charge into the surrounding water.
Range: (Shock Zone) Contact or 15 ft radius in water
(Shock-Strike) Melee, contact
Damage:(Shock Zone) 2d6 MD
01-33% chance of stunning humans, D-bees, and small animals for 1d4 melees, 01-33% against large or inhumanly strong/powerful animals. A successful save means victim takes HALF damage and only lose initiative and one APM.
Stun means -6 to strike, dodge, and parry, plus reduce APMs and Speed by HALF.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.

(Shock-Strike) 6d6 MD
(Against machines)
01-15: No additional damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

(Against organics)
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.
Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 15 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
On a critical ‘to strike’ roll of 19-20, BOTH antennae make contact and the target is fatally electrocuted instead. A successful save incurs the the same penaltes as for a failed save under normal strike conditions.

Rate of Fire: (Shock Zone) Takes 1 APM to maintain the shock zone for one melee.
(Shock-Strike)ECHH

*EcoS-K-160F---Feral variant, downgrading the sonic cannons to more limited ‘snap-stunners’ that produce a sharp, high-decibel ‘snap’ or ‘crack!’ that can temporarily stun and deafen those in range.
Changes/Modifications:
Weapons Systems:
3) ‘Snap-Popper’ Sonic Stunner---
Range:(Stun)100 ft radius in air, 250 ft radius underwater
Damage:(Stun)1 SDC, plus victims must save versus non-lethal poison or be rendered unconscious for 1d6 melee rounds. Even on a successful save, the victim is -2 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1d6 melee rounds. Multiple blasts are cumulative for duration.
Underwater, it also temporarily causes sonar systems to lose lock; lose initiative for 1 melee and any bonuses to strike if using sonar to target.

*EcoS-K-160G---(aka ‘Ghost Shrimp’) This experimental stealth variant extends the optical deflecting capabilities to cover its entire body in the form of active prismatic platelets and a light-manpulating surface film, allowing the warmount to better camouflage itself and even seemingly fade, nearly entirely, from view.
Changes/Modifications:
Systems of Note:
*Optical Camouflage/Refraction---The optical ‘smartskin’ covering the Alphaedite can bend light passing through it, allowing it to appear much more insubstantial than it really is, or even to become optically invisible under the right conditions. The warmount’s imagine can be faded as much as 80%, leaving a faded outline or distortion to be seen(or not, under conditions of low light or total darkness) .

*Laser Refraction---Not as effective as reflective mirror armor, but still proficient at reducing laser damage. Reduce laser damage by 25%(round up), and laser targeting systems are -2 to lock on.

*Passive Stealth Design---The Alphaedite is -75% to be detected by sensors.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Priest

There’s a million epic tales in the ranks of the Shemarrian clans; these are just a few of them.....

Vermillion Vroclaw(Clan Gothec NPC)

“Yes, I can move the salvage from the Austrian campaign; the NGR gets free all the Triax gear we found plus the weapons systems off the gargoyle gear. But they’ll get only half the safed powerplants you pulled and let go; I’ve lined up a garage and several villages who want new generators. The NGR pays market price for the scavenged armor we give them, though; good will only goes so far and I can’t make up what we’d lose donating everything we give to the NGR on what I’d have to charge selling the rest of the armor and parts on the black market, and that’s before they chisel me on the admission fees. Meanwhile, let’s see the shopping list you got me; the ammo’s easy enough to get, because Triax is practically dumping it on the market, likewise the consumer electronics and industrial lubricants, even in bulk. The radar systems are going to be a bit harder to get hold of-”

“Yeah, my legs and arms are off German military ‘bots, so what? They’re doing me a lot better where they are now than the night I lost my limbs in the first place! And I welcome the legs whenever some skeeve welches on a deal and I have to do a runner. I’ve taken a few shots in the legs, but they’ve managed to get me away and where I could start making for some payback and debt extraction!”

“Ah, Roger, Dorothy, glad I caught both of you at the same time; I wanted to talk to you about the Bulcher contact---well, wow, Dorothy, I didn’t know you were using your voluntary skill slots to study bellydancing! And you apparently went with the full body skinning with the anatomically correct nether ports, I see! Roger, you SURE you got the right equipment to interface with that?”

Though she describes herself as ‘a woman without a homeland, just trying to make a living’, Vermillion Vroclaw is really a humanoid oreseme who acts as a ‘fixer’ for one of the Clan Gothec sub-groups. An obvious cyborg, she explains away her ‘bionics’ as a result of being gravely injured and disfigured during the Brodkil attacks in Poland. She doesn’t talk about her life prior, only that she came from a ‘latrine pit of a hamlet, somewhere in the dark gut of backwoods Poland’, and is just one of thousands of undocumented refugees trying to survive along the borders of the New German Republic and its satellites. She currently works to line up work and trade contacts for the Gothecs, and arranges to acquire goods for them. She is known to the New German authorities as a refugee and possible ex-mercenary; she is notable for having led a street-level defense of a border town, rallying some of the seedier residents, when it was attacked by gargoyles. She has had some run-ins with the law over low-level criminal activity as a street-level hustler(the Gothecs figured that having SOME early and minor criminal activity would be better than a conspiciously squeaky-clean past), but has also worked just as much as an information broker and occasional police informant. Beyond that, she tries to go unnoticed by the powers that be.
Vermillion’s core body was originally that of a V-250 Landscaper Robot, but she’s been modified with a partial faux-flesh skinning, and various other parts, such as a DV-12 Dyna-Bot arm, and a pair of Dyna-Bot legs. She has several sensors of a DV-15 Sentry-Bot grafted to the side of her head and her shoulder. Her programming’s a custom-chopped version, grafted onto a neural intelligence matrix.
Vermillion comes across as hard-bitten and imperturbably blaise, a brave street-level fence more practical than stylllish, and wholly unimpressed by glitz, but she’s a bemused observer of human nature, and that of her own Tribe. She likes to ruthlessly needle her assistants and their relationships. She is very practical and pragmatic, and will do what she must to keep her organization intact without compromising it. That includes working with the NGR authorities to keep up the right image, but it also includes cutting and running to save what assets she can.
The local German Black Market knows of Vroclaw as an outsider merchant working to represent a tribe of nomadic cyborgs. They know that she often deals in salvaged weapons she sells(at sharp discount) to the NGR military, and non-military materials to the civilian market, so they have some idea what she will and will not move. Since she’s not cutting into the local market, the hgher-ups leave her alone and let her keep some local talent employed. If the Gothecs begin making serious money and inroads into the NGR economy, however, Vroclaw and her small organization may be ‘invited’ to officially join the established BM, which will mean donating a cut of he profits and being asked to move some goods she currently isn’t, like guns and heavy ammunition to the BM general markets.

it is believed that Vermillion may be the ‘daughter’ born/built of a collaboration between the notorious Clan Gothec Tinker Hilda VannKoboldt AlpineBlade and Wayfinder Yurei Aldene Shadowweaver, who paid special attention to her programming. Vermillion has neither confirmed nor denied the relationship.

Level of Experience: 8th Level Neural Intelligence, Awakened
Race: Oreseme
Alignment: Anarchist(but steadfastly loyal to Clan Gothec)
Land of Origin: Poland(or so she claims)
Sex: Female
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 450 lbs
Vermillion looks like she was once human, but is now a patch-quilt of scar tissue and bionics, some obviously non-human and non-regulation. Those parts of her that aren’t messed up, she takes especially good care of. She covers her ‘deformations’ with well-tailored clothing, She has obviously bionic eyes, a metal sensor plate covering most of the right side of her face, and a chopped mane of dark-blond hair, with a signature strand of red-purple, typically coiled in a short braid. Her right arm and both legs are obviously artificial. She dresses in workable, but well-made, clothing(typically a year or two behind current fashion), just new and fresh enough to show a sense of style, but old enough to be borderline nondescript.
Disposition:
No-nonsense, to the point, and generally unimpressed with the foibles of others. Businesslike to the point of brusqueness, and occasionally sarcastic and crass. Likes to embarrass people(that she doesn’t have to worry about making deals with) by catching them in private moments and make critical comments about them. She snarks plenty at her assistants, even though she’s actually rather fond of them(though she’ll claim that she’s only loyal to her people because ‘good help willing to work cheap is difficult to replace’). She very vocally despises the Brodkil and the Gargoyles, though not more than anybody else in the NGR.
Though she doesn’t seem to care what others think of her scars, Vermillion does exhibit some apparent vanity in the care she takes of her unscarred parts, and the clothing she uses to cover the rest. This is more or less an act, however, as she’ll readily and proudly show off her mangled features if it impresses her clientele.
IQ: 19
ME: 20
MA: 8
PS: 15 (Robotic)
PP: 18
PE:----
PB: 8
SPD: (Running) 120 MPH
(Leaping) 12 ft up/across

(PPE): 4

Hit Points:----
SDC:----
MDC:
Hand(right) 30
Arm (right) 20
Hand(left) 40
Arm(left) 60
Legs(2) 60 each
Head 60
Main Body 150
Horror Factor:----
Special Abilities/Characteristics/Powers:(Black Market Talents)
-Fence---Vroclaw’s got an eidetic memory(actually computerized) for knowing the comparative value and going price for things, whether it’s buying or selling things.
-Reputation: Hero---Vermillion’s stand against the gargoyle raiders in the streets of the bordertown have earned her the respect of the officers investigating the incident, and the gratitude of the local citizens. Word’s spread through the Black Market of her heroism.
-Friends in Low Places---Vermillion knows most of the local regular crooks in her area.
-Friends in High Places---Vroclaw knows several officers in the NGR Black Market, as she didn’t want to step on any toes while advancing the business of the Gothecs, as well as several officers in the military.
- Work the Law---Vermillion made a point to download and learn as much local law as possible, making here an effective streetwise lawyer...at least where it applies to keeping her and hers out of trouble.
-Informant: Corrupt Cop---Vroclaw’s managed to get a member of the military police on her payroll, looking out for the good of her network.
Magic: -----
Psionics:(No ISP expenditure required)
Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation
Cybernetics/Bionics/Systems of Note:
*Multi-Optics
*Amplified Hearing----1,000 ft range
*Molecular Analyzer
*Motion Detector ----300 ft range
*MDC Body Plating---Vermillion’s V-250 ‘soft’ parts have been reinforced with MDC armor; to the casual eye it looks like burn scarring.
*Robotic Right Arm---(Robotic P.S. 15) Concealed Vibroblade----1d6 MD
*Robotic Left Arm---(Robotic P.S. 40) (40 MDC )(functional laser fingers---2,000 ft range, 1d6x10 SD, 1D6-2D6 MD per shot)
*Robotic Legs(60 MDC each)(120 MPH)
*Voice Stress Analyzer
*Hidden Compartments(legs)
* Radio Signal Scrambler System
* Radio---500 mile range

Skills/Programming:8th Level Neural Intelligence, Awakened
-Military
Climbing 96%/86%
Intelligence 95%
General Repair & Maintenance 80%
Pilot Hovercraft 92%
Radio: Basic 94%
Mathematics: Basic 98%
Military Etiquette 96%
Weapons Systems 90%
Hand to Hand: Expert
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Knife(+3 Strike/Parry, +4 Throw)
W.P. Blunt (+3 strike/parry, +1 Throw)
W.P. Rifles (+4 strike)
W.P. Energy Pistol (+4 strike)
W.P. Energy Rifle (+4 strike)
-Intelligence
Forgery 83%
Find Contraband 95%
Streetwise 75%
ID Undercover Agent 78%
Undercover Ops 95%
Tailing 74%
-Communications(Specialized)
Cryptography 80%
Electronic Countermeasures 94%
Laser Communications 94%
Photography 94%
TV/Video 94%
Surveillance 90%
-Pilot:(Ground)
-Pilot Automobile 90%
-Pilot Truck 90%
-Pilot Tracked Vehicles 90%
-Pilot 90%

-Technical: Commerce
Art 60%
Barter 70%
Appraise Goods 98%
Gemology 95%
Salvage 90%

Cocealment 76%
Palming 86%
Pock Locks 96%
Safe-Cracking 86%
Recognize Weapon Quality 97%

Wardrobe & Grooming 74%
Law: General: 85%

Language/Literacy
German 98%/98%
Polish 98%/98%
Euro 98%/98%
Russian 98%/98%
Gobblely 94%/90%
Dragonese 94%/90%
Latin 94%/90%
Italian 94%/90%
French 94%/90%

Actions/Attacks per Melee:8
Initiative: +4(+1 from Ecotroz)
Strike:+4
Parry:+5
Dodge:+4/+5 while running
Roll:+2
Disarm:+2
Damage:
Restrained Punch(Right Arm) 1d6 SDC
Full Strength Punch(Right Arm) 2d6 SDC
Power Punch(Right Arm) 4d6 SDC
Restrained Punch(Left Arm) 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch(Left Arm) 2d6 MD
Power Punch(Left Arm) 4d6 MD
Kick 2d6 MD
Saves:
+3 Vs Psionics
+3 Vs Horror Factor
+3 Vs Insanity
*Wardrobe
*Armored Trenchcoat(25 MDC)
*TX-7 Police Special Hybrid Pistol
*’Chopped’ (G)WR-17 Wilderness “Double” Rifle

-Generally has ready access to 300,000 credits and 600,000 credits in baterable items, Can up that to 1d4 million credits, but would take at least 48 hours to liquidate her local ntwork holdings.

Vehicle:
Vermillion owns an older-model hover sedan( 90 MDC, 150 MPH) and can lay her hands on a dozen cargo trucks/vans within an hour if she has to.

Vroclaw has a small entourage or ‘headquarters group’ of robots, Awakened robots, and cyborgs(about 16-18, and all Gothec-made) near at hand that assist her in communications, security, and moving goods. She has another twenty or so locals she regularly pays as hired talent and muscle, and to giver herself some local cover.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am

Priest

Tribal Variants:
*EcoS-K-149 Dazzan
*EcoS-K-149SmSol----(aka ‘Sol-Spider’, ‘Sun-Dew’, ‘Sun-Tender’) The introduction of the Coronak, a Warmount also possessing TW light-based weapon, introduced the Wayfinder team that had designed the Dazzan to the Liquify Sunlight spell, which the Coronak used to great effect. Berating themselves for missing the Tinkerfest get-together that hosted the Silvermoon-Wayfinder-Gothec-Horrorwoods-SkyeKlad mashup(some called it a ‘tech-orgy’) that spawned the Coronak, the Dazzan team was too late to adapt the mystech spell to the finalized Dazzan, but they began researching application as a later option or variant. Ultimately they concluded that creating a small portable system would essentially be reinventing the Coronak, but thinking on a logistical scale, the Dazzan team saw applications for the spider-mech in setting up much larger collection means.
The ‘SmSol’ variant has the ability to quickly spin large solar collection webs for absorbing sunlight and distilling it into LPF(Liquified Photonic Fluid). Each ‘sun-web’ takes 30 minutes to weave up, and takes the form of a silvery or glassy shallow cone or concave dish some 15 meters in diameter. The Dazzan-C then infuses each array with 30 PPE, which allows it to generate 10 gallons of LPF per hour for up to 10 hours(if there’s that much daylight available) of sunlight exposure. which is then trapped in specially insulated containers.
Furthermore, the SmSol can actually produce and spin the stabilized ectoplasm, and bond it to glass fiber, to produce the special holding vessels that can store Liquid Sunlight. Dazzan-Cs will often hook coccoon-like ‘pods’ of collected LPF to the suspension webs around the collectors, giving the impression to uninformed observers of an array of funnel-web traps with web-wrapped victims dangling nearby.
Dazzan-Cs will typically be found close to their ‘sunshine farms’ or arrays of collectors, using a webwork of spun lines to adjust and angle each dish to follow the sun for maximum light collection.
Vampires and Demon-Spiders have frankly come to HATE it when Dazzan-Cs set up shop in their neighborhood.

Changes/Modifications:
Systems of Note:
*PPE Generator:
PPE Capacity:(‘Wizard’)----400 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 14 PPE per hour, 50 PPE/hour at a leyline, 100 PPE/hour on a nexus

*TW Solar Liquifier---Converts gathered sunlight into a liquid form. The expenditure of 30 PPE allows for empowering a collection system to gather sunlight for 10 hours, and 10 gallons of fluid per hour.

*Stabilized Ectoplasm---The Dazzan-C can produce ectoplasm in sufficient quantities to be able to bind it to synthetic fibers and produce a material with special abilities. Generally it takes the expenditure of 80 PPE to create enough material to create a 50-gallon tank.
The Wayfinders are finding other uses for this material, no that it can be produced in quantity, as the stabilized ectoplasm, properly insulated, can be used to conduct PPE, and can serve as a base for enchantments(one Wayfinder is looking at ways to enchant the 50-gallon tanks to trap and hold vapor-form vampires).

* EcoS-K-157 Koilus:
* EcoS-K-157K---(aka ‘King Koilus’, ‘Kraken Koilus’) Initially mistaken for an amphbious variant of the EcoS-K-36 Terragore, the EcoS-K-157K is now properly identified as a Koilus derivation. The EcoS-K-157K is distinguished from its brethren by having a large collar or ‘mane’ supporting eight long tentacles, believed taken from such ‘squid-form’ vehicles as the Es-SSN03 Humboldt . The sight of an EcoS-K-157K emerging from the dark depths of the ocean, long tentacles reaching out, has been known to drive even hardened sea-dogs into gibbering panic.
The EcoS-K-157K is believed to have originally been a Wargoddesses’ personal arawa mount, but was copied by others in her sub-Tribe.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor By Location:
Tentacles(8) 400 each

Speed: (Water) The extra limbs do impose some drag on the warmount, reducing its maximum speed to 60 MPH.

Weapons Systems:
14) Tentacles(8 )----These are extra-large robotic tentacles, capable of grabbing targets, lifting them, and crushing them, or for stripping wrecks of salvage and loot. They are lined with molecular adhesion pads for enhanced grip(it is possible to break free of them, if one can match the warmount’s robotic strength, but tearing out of the adhesion pads’ grip will do 1d4 damage per pad from material still stuck to them). The Koilus often uses them to pluck individuals from a ship to capture them or pay special ‘attention’ to them.
The tentacles can be commanded directly by the Warmount’s AI or can be managed by crew members when engaging in close contact combat, cyberlinking to direct the robotic limbs as if they were extensions of their own bodies.
Range: Melee. The eight ‘striker’ tentacles can extend up to 300 ft.
Damage: (Robotic P.S. of 50)
(Lash/Punch) 3d6 MD
(Crush/Squeeze) 2d4x10 MD per full melee of pressure
(Striker Stab)(2 attacks)1d6x10 MD
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 pm

Hero

Moss Hound

*EShe-26Hw Kantaran Sphagno aka Moss Hound --- This wolf breed is a large moss and grass covered creature. Four vine-like tentacles sprout from its back between its shoulders that are similar to those used by the Entkin. Several large thorns sprout around the shoulders and neck, which are vine mini-missiles. Its larger size grants it greater power over other Shemarrian wolves, and could also serve as a small warmount for human sized NeShemar, although they have to be careful of the tentacles that can block the rider's view.
The moss and grass covering grants the Moss Hound excellent camouflage capabilities as it can change colouring to match the vegetation round it. The deceptively soft looking moss covering also helps to reduce damage from kinetic attacks. Due to the semi organic nature of the Moss Hound, it can heal with access to water, sunlight and organic matter, both plant and animal to a limited degree.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC: +10% to all locations
Vine Tentacles (4)
Height: +9 inches
Width: +4 inches
Length: +1 foot 4 inches
Weight: +200 lbs

*Kinetic Damage Reduction - The moss-like fur of the Moss Hound reduces kinetic damage. Punches, slashes, stabs, railgun rounds, etc have their damage reduced by 25%.

*Regeneration - The Moss Hound is able to regenerate damage in addition to the nanite repair system, at a rate of 1d6 MD per 5 minutes, however this regeneration can`t replace destroyed components, missing weapons or limbs. If the Moss Hound loses more than 75% of its main body MDC, this regeneration stops until repairs are made. This regeneration works in conjunction with its Cybernanite Repair system, both for minor damage, the Moss Hound can save the repair system and let its own regeneration system repair itself.

*Stealth - The Moss Hound`s organic grass and moss outer layer helps shield it against thermal and EM sensors, -75% to detect via thermal sensors, -60% via EM sensors, but even then the EM sensors will read more as bio-electric readings, like a large animal.

*Camouflage - The moss-like covering of the Moss Hound allows it to naturally blend in with the forests it operates in. The coating is able to change colour to allow it to blend in even more, even darken for night operations. Takes 2 melees to blend in with its surroundings, -20% to opposition Detect Ambush and Detect Concealment rolls.

Weapon Systems:
2) Shoulder Missile Launchers --- What appear to be large thorn-like spikes on the shoulders are several vine missiles. With enough time, the Moss hound can regenerate a new missile every 6 hours after eating at least 15 lbs of organic matter, 2 gallons of water and remaining in the sun for at least 6 hours.
Range: Varies by Missile Type
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-2
Payload: 6 vine mini-missiles

3) Vine Tentacles - The Moss Hound has four vine tentacles similar to those of the Entkin, although not as powerful or as long. The tentacles are the only limbs that can be regrown if destroyed by the regeneration system.
Range: Melee, up to 40 ft away.
Damage: Arm Tentacle Lash 2d4 MD, Power Punch (2 attacks) 1d4x5 MD, Arm Tentacle Crush/Squeeze 4d6 MD.
Digging attack: The Moss Hound can use its tentacles to dig into the ground and strike a target within 20 feet of it by complete surprise as the target won`t know where the tentacles will appear. Deals 1d6 MD, and the target suffers -6 to Dodge this attack, can`t parry. The Moss Hound can also use this attack in an attempt to hold a target to the ground completely immobilizing it if it successfully entangles it.
Bonus: +2 to entangle per tentacle.

Attacks Per Melee Eight (8)
Camouflage 50%, Detect Ambush 75%, Detect Concealment 75%, Prowl 70%, Track People 85%, Track Animals 80%, Tailing 65%.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
Moss Hound

*EShe-26Hw Kantaran Sphagno aka Moss Hound --- This wolf breed is a large moss and grass covered creature. Four vine-like tentacles sprout from its back between its shoulders that are similar to those used by the Entkin. Several large thorns sprout around the shoulders and neck, which are vine mini-missiles. Its larger size grants it greater power over other Shemarrian wolves, and could also serve as a small warmount for human sized NeShemar, although they have to be careful of the tentacles that can block the rider's view.

Or the tentacles can help hold the rider on....or pin them in place if the rider is a prisoner. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I like! Just as long as they're not attacked by Topiary Goblins.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Hero

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
Moss Hound

Or the tentacles can help hold the rider on....or pin them in place if the rider is a prisoner. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I like! Just as long as they're not attacked by Topiary Goblins.

I think they would be natural enemies.
I've got another Wolf variant breed in the works, a melee specialist (idea from 89er I believe it was), and some Koilus variants
Also I noticed the main Codex page is missing the Horrorwood's Warchief/Goddess upgrade you did a little while back.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
[
I think they would be natural enemies.
I've got another Wolf variant breed in the works, a melee specialist (idea from 89er I believe it was), and some Koilus variants
Also I noticed the main Codex page is missing the Horrorwood's Warchief/Goddess upgrade you did a little while back.

"Why do all our Shagnos look like giant green French poodles?"
"Topiary Goblins."

Yeah, Koiluses are fun to imagine, but drawing them properly and dramatically is a challenge.

And YOIKS! Okay, the Druant's been added. Thanks for the heads up.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Priest

EcoS-K-161 Exocetii Aquatic Warmount
(aka ‘SeaFalcon’, ‘Flashy’)

“It’s an incredible sight seeing a coordinated wing of Exocetti taking to the air all at once; like a school of porpoises leaping into the air....and not coming back down.”

“Fishfight. Exocetti against Leapers. Pretty spectacular and fairly evenly matched initially, until the Shemar cranked in the tactics and got into dogfishfighting. Real aerial baitball until the flashies’ agility---those things can do a flying u-turn in their own length seemingly---left the squidface pilots twisting their own heads off trying to follow, and the Leapers started falling like seagull-dropped whelks, and with the same results when they hit hard surface...like the sea from nineteen thousand feet. Two brains in one flier seems to work out for the Shemar.”
---Danforth Comus, University of Lazlo Observer.

“As quick as a minnow, and evasive as a tern, those flashies are. I’ll admit my BattleHawks were taken by surprise during our wargames with the Darkwaters. In consolation, I guess we can take pride in that we DID train them in aerial combat and apparently quite well.”
---Cal Taros Vivian Wingblaze, Hawkmoon BattleHawk Leader

“We. Got. Burned. By. Giant. FISH! We say NOTHING of this to the High Lord, understood? Or ANYONE. I will personally, before I get dragged to the Splynn Pillory Mound, gut whoever breathes a word of this debacle again, UNDERSTAND?!”

At first believed to be an amphibious development of the tried and true EcoS-K-6 Battle Hawk or a refinement of the flying EcoS-K- 24F variant of the EcoS-K-24 Shebu, the Exocetii is now understood to be a wholly new design. The Exocetii is meant to give the DarkWaters an aerial combat capability comparable to the Hawkmoons, but able to operate far out to sea where the Hawkmoons(at least the Rifts Earth ones) are less comfortable operating.
Resembling a giant flying fish, the Exocetii has a long streamlined body with two large folding wing-fins along its sides. Underwater, it is propelled by a combination of powered hydrojets and its own flexible motion. The rider sits in a special canopied pod attached to the dorsal fin.
In air, the Exocetii opens its mouth wide and opens up a duct-path to a turbofan, allowing for high speed aerial propulsion.
Armament consists of several arrays of energy weapons, possible internally-carried missiles, bombs, or torpedoes, and blade-edged fins for close combat.
The Exocetii is a swifter flier than either the Battle Hawk or the EcoS-K- 24F, but lacks the former’s modular weapons capability and the latter’s land versatility. It is still considered something of an aerial lightweight with regards to its armor and ordnance-carrying capacity, and the DarkWaters would have to wait until the finalization of the Skeettra to get their deep air strike capability, but the Exocetti proved, in the interim, more than a match for the Kittani Air Patrollers the warmount frequently faces in combat. Armament-wise, the Exocetti is more of a match with the Naut’yll Leaper submarine aerodyne fighter, but has the edge in maneuverability, something the EShemar riders try to capitalize on when engaging the fighters.

Type: EcoS-K-161 Exocetii
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial/Aquatic
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Head 100
Cockpit Pod 100
Wings(2) 250 each
Tail 100
Height: 9 ft
Width: 7 ft , 36 ft wingspan
Length: 25 ft
Weight: 2 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the cockpit for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Speed: (Running) Can teeter rather awkwardly on its articulated wings at about 7 MPH.
(Flying) Hover to 660 MPH, maximum altitude of 19,000 ft.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) 65 MPH, maximum depth tolerance of 1.3 miles.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 100 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Exocetii have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 180 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Sonar ---50 mile range

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)--The Exocetti mount the more powerful eye lasers for aerial combat.
Range: 4,000 ft(3,000 ft underwater)
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)

2) Wing Mounts(6; 3 each wing)---What look like bioluminescent spots along the leading edge of each wing are actually emission ports for light wing-mounted energy weapons.
a) Lasers(3,000 ft underwater)
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD per shot, 6d6 MD for all three wing guns firing simultaneously, 1d6x10+12 MD for a linked wing barrage(counts as one attack)

b) Ion Projectors(Heavy-Hitter)
Range: 500 m (1,650 ft) in air and underwater
Damage: 3d6 MD per shot, 9d6 MD for all three wing guns firing simultaneously, 3d6x10 MD for a linked wing barrage(counts as one attack)
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage.

c) Ion Projectors(Boosted)
Range: 3,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, 9d6 MD for all three wing guns firing simultaneously, 3d6x10 MD for a linked wing barrage(counts as one attack)

3) Internal Weapons Bay----A sac-like ventral compartment can deploy projectile weapons.
a) Missiles--- 24 mini-missiles, 4 short range missiles, or 2 medium range missiles.
b) Sea/Air Rocket-Torps---A knockoff of Kittani nautical weaponry.
Range:(Underwater) 20 miles
(Air) 75 miles
Speed:(Underwater) 400 MPH
(Air) Mach 3
Damage: 4d6x10 MD
Payload: 6
Bonuses: (Torpedo)Because of the torpedoes’ higher speed and advanced targeting systems, the Sea Fire doesn’t suffer the same range and accuracy penalties as conventional torpedoes. The Sea Fire has a +1 to strike, and a +3 to strike within 3,000 ft of the target.
(Missile)---Not quite as accurate as a dedicated anti-shipping missile, but more powerful. +3 to strike

c) Bombs---Freefall ordnance. Can carry up to 2.500 lbs in bombs:
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*2,000-lb Bomb----2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius

d) 30mm Cannon Gunpod---A heavy gunpod can be mounted instead of a rotary missile/bomb bay, though the gun must be lowered from the bay to clear for action.
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single round, 1d6x10 MD two rd burst, 3d6x10 MD per six-shot burst
Payload: 124 rds per gun

e) Fragmentation Rocket Launcher( a copy of an imported Russian design). Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 single projectile, 1d6x10 MD per 10 rd burst/volley
at 3,500 ft, the rds go ‘grapeshot’, doing 3d6 MD(1 MD for a single shot) in a 12 ft wide area.
(Incendiary “Hot-Grape” Version)---Do an additional +2 MD per rd, and 1 MD of damage for 1d4 melees as the flare portion burns down.
Payload: 250 rd magazine

f) Particle Wave Gun---Copied from Naut’yll weaponry, this energy projector has been adopted by some DarkWaters units to confuse opponents as to the exact ID of their attackers.
Range: 4,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast

g) Shock Cannon( modified copy of the Triax TX-275 ‘Lightning’ Arc Charge Blaster. It is most effective against technology, but can also stun large beings.
Range: 2,000 ft in air, 1,000 ft underwater.
Damage: 6d6 MD
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

Against organic creatures, such as sea monsters, the creature must roll a 16 or better, or be temporarily stunned(-5 to strike, dodge, and parry, plus lose initiative and 1 APM per melee, for 1d4 melees). Penalties are cumulative.

h) Spawn-Launcher---(aka ‘Sea Flit’) This is the Darkwaters’ realization of a dual sea-air Flit-striker projectile, capable of both air and underwater operation, ideally to fly over the water to where a target was last sighted, dive into the water, reacquire the target, and swim after it to deliver a powerful sonic warhead blast. Because it resembles a flying fish, the launch of dozens of these weapons from the belly of the Exocetti looks like the warmount is giving birth, and thus the launch system was nicknamed the ‘Spawner’.
Note: The Sea-Flit uses a combination of mini-sonar(2,000 ft range) and magnetometer to track targets underwater.
Weight: 5 lbs; each projectile weighs 1.5 lbs.
MDC: Each projectile has 5 MDC.
Range: 5,000 ft in air and underwater. The projectile flies at 300 MPH, and swims at 50 MPH.
Damage: (Plasma) 5d6 MD to a 30 ft blast radius

(Sonic) Darkwater sonic munition, based on a design they acquired from a trade ally:(High Power Mode) 4d6 MD to an 11 ft radius
(Low Power Mode) 2d4 MD to an 8 ft radius, for 3+1d4 melees
The vibrofield will do 1/2 SDC damage through most body armors(100 MDC or less), 1/3 through heavier armors and power armor (250 MDC or less), and 1/4 through small robots and vehicles(400 MDC or less)
Sonic Shock: (25 ft radius, DOUBLE underwater)----Beings with Enhanced Hearing or Sense Vibration abilities will be overcome and disoriented; Make a save versus Psionic Attack or lose initiative and be -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and lose 2 APMs for 1d4 melees(continues even after the sound has been cut off). Beings who navigate by echolocation or motion detection will be effectively blinded. Even a successful save will leave the victim -2 to strike, parry and dodge for 1d4 melees, with a ringing in their heads. Beings without enhanced sonic senses will only suffer HALF penalties in either case.

Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 30
Bonuses: +3 to strike in air and water, +1 to dodge interception attempts, and gets FOUR APMs until the projectile hits(or is destroyed en route).

4) Flare/Chaff Dispensers(2)---Mounted in the tail is a pair of countermeasure launchers:
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 18 per launcher

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following: (for aerial maneuvering purposes):
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience).

50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Exocetii intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Dodge +3, +8 in flight
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +2
Roll +2, +4 underwater
Bite 2d6 MD
Wing/Tail Slash 4d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Exocetii an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Exocetti have falcon-like personalities; always watching their environment and looking out for danger or prey. They work well in schools/squadrons , especially in maneuvering and combat. They are equally comfortable in the water and in the air.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Laser-Reflective Skin---Gives the Exocetti a scaled silver metal finish that reduces laser damage by HALF.

*Jammer Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -4 to strike the aircraft. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 10 mile radius(-2 to strike). The system is mounted in a dorsal hump just behind the cockpit pod.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Hero

Nice new addition.

I just noticed the BlackSteel doesn't have corrupted versions of the Shemarrian Wolf or Monst-Rex...

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:55 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
Nice new addition.

I just noticed the BlackSteel doesn't have corrupted versions of the Shemarrian Wolf or Monst-Rex...

Uh-oh.

Something to work towards for Halloween? :twisted:

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Hero

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
Nice new addition.

Uh-oh.

Something to work towards for Halloween? :twisted:

I was thinking of some ideas.. nothing concrete, but I can't think of a name for either.. any suggestions?

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:23 am

Hero

Eshe-AWH06 Ice Fang Daggers
"Who wants an Icy Cone?!"

The Aurora Warriors growing experience with cold based weapons, particularly with solid liquid metallic hydrogen with their Icler heavy sniper weapon, they have expanded the technology into other weapons. The Ice Fang consists of a handle, with a pummel reservoir, with a crescent shaped structure at the top of the handle. From this structure a blade of pure solid liquid metallic hydrogen is formed, and has enough flex and flow to keep an armour penetrating edge. As an added advantage, when these daggers are thrown, or if the wielder wants on a potent melee strike, cause the blade to explode similar to the ammunition of the Icler.
These weapons were given as back up weapons to elite warriors and chiefs. A War Goddess can even replace her vibro-blades with Ice Fangs.

Weight: 5 lbs
MDC: 15 (handle)
Range: melee, thrown 100 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD
On a strike roll of 17-20 deals 6d6 MD
Creatures vulnerable to cold suffer double damage.
When thrown, the cryogenic blade explodes like a concussion grenade in a 15 ft area, dealing 6d6 MD
Against unprotected organic flesh, the projectiles also numb with intense cold; victims must save versus non-lethal poison or suffer debilitating numbness; -1 APM, -2 initiative, -1 strike/parry/dodge, and speed is reduced by 10%. Effects last 1d4 melees.
Payload: Refrigerated magazine holds enough material for 15 grenade uses, or approximately 3 months of heavy use. Power pack lasts for 1 month of heavy use, or powered via induction in the hands of an EShemarrian.
Linked to a reliable power supply, the weapon CAN generate its own cryogenic ammunition from scratch, but the process is slow: one round takes an hour to compress with the weapon’s small capacity and radiating surfaces. 
Special Features:
*Accurate Design---The Ice Dagger is balanced for accuracy; +1 to strike in melee.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:57 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
[

I was thinking of some ideas.. nothing concrete, but I can't think of a name for either.. any suggestions?

Corrupted Shemarrian Wolf:
-Necrowolf, Rabisoid, Mangoid, Blackrage

Corrupted Monstrex
-Orcus, Man-eater, Soul-Eater, Nemerex,

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
Eshe-AWH06 Ice Fang Daggers
A War Goddess can even replace her vibro-blades with Ice Fangs. .

Getting a FANTASTIC visual in my mind of this, especially s they can regenerate new blades. 8)

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Priest

Added the Ice Daggers to the Codex Masterfile.

Probably should consider adding the new NPCs to the Name Registry. though I'm piecemeal combing through past posts to remember others quoted in the fluff.

Definitely will be reposting an updated Lexicon with new words and names. :bandit:

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 pm

Priest

EcoS-K-162 Wyvis Hawkmoon Warmount
(aka ‘Jagwing’, ‘Maul-flier’)

“It’s a flying gunship that punches.”

“BattleHawks just can’t cut it up in the Heborian highlands, I don’t care what the Hawk-riders think. The terrain’s close and the local predators like to lie in wait for anything flying through the buttes and canyons. The Wyvis on the other hand can lash out immediately and claw the living daylights out of whatever tries to jump them...or more correctly claw the throat and brains out of those munkers.”

‘The bite’s not much, but the Wyvis can claw the hell outta you!”

The Wyvis was the result of an early Hawkmoon attempt to streamline their logistics by creating a fully airborne variant of the Monstrex. To save weight, the Tinkers decided to replace the rear legs with folding wings. The effort almost completely undid the project, as the wings could not be articulated and made durable enough to take the weight of the rest of the warsteed without leaving it a hopelessly immobile cripple on the ground. With more immediate problems to deal with, the Hawkmoon elders had the project shelved, and vehicles such as the GaleHawk were adopted as a stopgap.
Still, Tribal Tinkers continued to work away at the idea, out of sheer bloody-minded persistence, even after the perceived need for a cheaper aerial warmount was seen as past. The project had become a personal challenge for many, and after many years and much experimenting and simulation, they finally designed appendages that could work. The Wyvis was realized and put into limited production.
The Wyvis retains the head and forequarters of the Monstrex(the shoulder sensor cluster has been faired into the head), while the rear body has been lengthened to accommodate a longer tail and four pivoting ventral thrusters. The rear hips have been redesigned to accommodate a pair of large articulated wings. The Wyvis can awkwardly balance and walk on the tips of these wings on the ground, allowing its forelimbs freedom to rip and tear at targets, or the warmount can scamper on four limbs. Using the ventral jets to leap into the air, though, the Wyvis can fully deploy its wings and take flight. Once airborne with room to maneuver, the Wyvis comes into its own.
While retaining the armor protection of the Monstrex, the Wyvis suffers the same problems of most aerial Warmounts; light armament. The Wyvis is little better equipped than its BattleHawk cousin. Though able to carry a heavier bomb load clutched under its body, the Wyvis lacks the wing hardpoints of the BattleHawk. Still, in close combat, the Wyvis has the BattleHawk beaten, with the former’s powerful foreclaws , razor-edged wings, and a slashing tail. Airborne predators such as gargoyles have learned to fear aerial grappling with Wyvis squadrons.
While considered no replacement for the BattleHawk, nor approaching it in production in anywhere near the numbers of the avian Warmount, the Wyvis has still managed to gain its share of loyal followers. Ultimately, though, so many changes had to be made in the base Monstrex design to make the Wyvis truly air worthy, that any economically and logistically advantageous commonality of parts was negated and, as one Hawkmoon Warchief put it, ‘it would be less resource-intensive to build a flock of Blackstars for the same effort’. Seen from that perspective, the Wyvis can be considered a failure, but many Wyvis-riders would disagree, swearing by their faithful flying steeds.

Type: EcoS-K-162 Wyvis
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 430
Head 165
Front Legs(2) 145 each
Foreclaws(2) 115 each
Wings(2) 150 each
Ventral Thrusters(4) 50 each
Tail 90
Height: 10 ft. Standing in its wings, it towers 22 ft to the tops of its wings
Width: 8 ft, 40 ft wingspan
Length: 18 ft+16 ft of tail
Weight: 1.5 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
If not carrying ordnance, the Wyvis can sling a pair of Monstrex A-003 Pack-Mule cargo containers under itself.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 35
Speed: (Running) The Wyvis can awkwardly run in a crouched position with its forelegs and stilt-like on its wing tips at a maximum speed of 25 MPH.
(Flying) Hover to 470 MPH, maximum altitude of 10,000 ft.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Wyvis have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 180 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)----Standard Shemarrian warmount eye-lasers.
Damage: 3d6 MD single blast, 6d6 MD per simultaneous double blast

2) Wing Laser Clusters(2)---The ‘wing-ger’ of each wing mounts a fire-synched cluster of light lasers(based on the Flying Titan power armor’s wing guns)
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD per simultaneous double blast, 6d6 MD triple blast, and 1d6x10+12 MD for both wing clusters firing simultaneously on the same target(counts as one attack).

3) Slash-Tail----Almost as an afterthought, the Monstrex’s tail has been replaced with a longer and more articulated tail. Though it helps serve as a rudder, the tail also ends in a slashing blade based on Naruni ‘ripper’ blades.
Range: Melee
Damage: 3d6 MD for the tail, 4d6 MD for the blade.
Combined, does 7d6 MD, plus, due to serrated nature of the blade, the jagged wounds inflicted take longer to heal.

4) Tnruster Blast----The Wyvis can angle its four ventral thrusters to deliver a concussive blast at short range, capable of knocking targets over.
Range: 30 ft, and covering a 20 ft wide area
Damage: 4d6 MD, plus objects up to 400 lbs in weight can be picked up and whirled by the thrust and thrown up to 50 ft, doing 2d6 SDC/MD damage on landing(or inflicting that much on hit targets).

5) (Optional) Spear Rack---The saddle can be fitted with a spear rack with 20 MDC and holding 4-6 spears. Thrown from the air, the spears get an extra +1 to damage, +1d4 if thrown as part of a dive-bomb, due to the extra speed behind the throw.

6) (Optional)Modular Weapons(2)---The Wyvis has provision for shoulder-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

7) (Optional) Bombs---The Wyvis can carry a single bomb, mine, or torpedo between its legs , but the extra drag will cut the Warsteed’s maximum speed by 1/3 until the ordnance is deployed/ejected.
Damage: Varies by weapon carried;
*Medium Torpedo ----2d6x10 MD
Payload: One bomb(up to 750 lbs) or a single torpedo(up to Medium class)
Note: The Wyvis can engage in dive-bombing maneuvers; doing so means that the Warsteed approaches the target in a dive(45-degrees or better), releases its bomb(at 5,000 ft or less distance from the target), and then pulls out. A successful dive-bombing attack requires a Piloting roll at -10%, but the dropped ordnance is +2 to strike, and gets a +2d4 MD for the extra speed assist in penetration.

Programming:
The Wyvis has all the same standard programing as the Monstrex, but is configured for aerial movement and combat.
Has the equivalent of the following(for aerial maneuvering purposes):
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Wyvis intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

(Following bonuses are for the Wyvis alone; remember, the rider can cybernetically/psionically link to her ride)
Dodge +3 (+6 dodge in flight)
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2 (+4 in flight)
Parry +7
Pull Punch/Kick +4
Critical Strike on natural 19-20
Controlled Bite/Nip 6d6 SDC
Bite 1d6 MD
Blunt Claw Strike 2d4 MD
Full Strength Claw Strike 4d6+3 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 8d6+3 MD
Flying Claw Strike(Both claws. 2 attacks) 2d4x10+20 MD + 50% chance of knocking targets off their feet
Wing Slash 2d4 MD
Tail Lash 3d6 MD
Tail Blade 4d6 MD
Tail Blade Slash 7d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Wyvis an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Wyvises tend to be cunning and aggressive aerial hunters not unlike birds of prey(or the ancient flying dinosaurs). Some of their Monstrex ancestry does show through in their ability to easily work in flying packs, hunting cooperatively to chase down prey. Gargoyles and Black-Winged Monster-Men are considered favored prey/natural enemies, as are Leatherwings. A favorite tactic is for a pack of Wyvises to surround such monsters in their aeries(such as a mountain crag or abandoned skyscraper) and force the monsters out into ambush by other warmounts hovering in wait.

Options:
*Ripper Wing Blades----The sharp edges of the wings can be fitted with serrated vibro-blades similar to those in the tail. When extended, these blades increase wing-slash damage to 2d6 MD and also create a distinctive whistling sound in flying slipstream.

*Flare/Chaff Launchers(1-2)---Countermeasure launchers can be mounted on the tail of the Warmount, for decoying guided missiles.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Last edited by taalismn on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:19 am

Hero

Nice new addition.. although you forgot to put the full damage of double blast from the wing laser clusters.. just says "4" MD

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Priest

kronos wrote:
Nice new addition.. although you forgot to put the full damage of double blast from the wing laser clusters.. just says "4" MD

Oops...fixed(should say 4d6x100 MD) :demon:

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Shemarrians and the (Non-Shemar) Sexes
“We recognize you, Vale Avans-AuraBlade and Sylva Trey-ShadeDancer, as Ne-Shadi Moraes, for your bravery, in spite of your physical challenges on the field of battle. Come forth and sit at the table of your Sisters tonight and henceforth, and on the morrow be Upgraded, so you may train with them without handicap in body!”

“You’re a good bed-mate, Kal, but you just aren’t command material. Nothing I could say or do can change that. Don’t feel bad about it; you can’t help it. Men just aren’t cut out to be high officers.”

“The one in the silver chains and nothing else? That one once commanded an army of several thousand men opposing us with robot steel and nuclear fire. Now she polishes my armor and trembles in fear of leaving streaks or blemishes on the chrome that I might notice.”
----Serenity Lunasfire---Silvermoon War Chief

“We armored bros? We may have the body armor and the big rifles, but we’re just spear carriers in the chorus. Those girls in the skintight body film, with the shiny plasma blades? The ones with the nanotech and biotech bo-augs? They’re blooded warriors. They’re our boss-lady’s Companions; she listens to them, and they get a vote in tribal meetings.”

While the Shemarrians may be a matriarchal culture, they do not regard all females alike. Indeed, the balance of genders in Shemarrian society favors females with regards to filling important societal roles(especially leadership and combat), with males making up a large minority assigned less dangerous tasks. However, many EShemar like acquiring retinues of female neshemar, who are often observed in subservient roles(and at worst as something akin to pets, to almost fetishistic levels). Male neshemar seem to be allowed to carry out the same responsibilities as the Female EShemar, filling the ranks of the militia and technical units, though in second and third echelons.
One school of thinking from outside seems to be that non-shemar females are treated as challengers, and the EShemar dominate their challengers, putting non-shemar rivals in their place under the control of the gynoids. Male non-shemar are not regarded as rivals, and are thus allowed to ‘play’ at being responsible in their former roles.
Another more informed take is that the EShemar, with their reproduction via assembly line or Progen, see their neshemar subjects as dependent on biological means to reproduce, and thus a form of ‘biological destiny’ is allowed to take place, with the females taking the softer childbearing and nurturing roles shielded by layers of males. Male non-shemar are regarded largely as drones, or perhaps expendable assets protecting their more valuable and important females. NeShemar women are thus seen as, by nature, non-warriors and regarded in the same light as Acolytes or Tinkers within the EShemar social structure, and patronized accordingly.
This is not entirely true. In fact, female neshemar in militia positions are far more likely to receive special training and preferential treatment when it comes to equipment and augmentation. An EShemar Elite may hold nominal command over an all-male platoon of neshemar militia, but she will also be directly sponsoring and overseeing a half-dozen female valta(‘little weapon sisters’) who receive her attention in training and equipment, and share her immediate household. Females are more likely to be promoted from the ranks of the low militia to more prestigious assignments with the EShemar. Few males receive the more advanced forms of augmentation that female neshemar get access to, and there are few initiatives to develop special augmentations for males(the Blood Rider Rajeshar being a notable exception). Though an EShemar might decide to leave her valta Companions behind on a particularly dangerous deployment, such decisions are usually made on the basis of physical advantage(taking organic companions along on a mission into a plague-zone or the middle of a yboor infestation would be suicidal for the organics, for example), rather than a discriminatory lack of faith in their abilities.

This is not to say that the Shemar do not value male neshemar. Indeed, many eshemar have established true friendships with the ‘lesser’ non-shemar and neshemar men, and Progen has made the more trusting and romantic relationships capable of bearing offspring. Exceptional neshemar men may enjoy the patronage, indeed competitive bidding of patronage, from female EShemar, if they are seen as hero and champion material, or display special talents. But males, especially neshemar men, rarely rise to positions of real authority in Shemarrian society, outside small fraternities such as the Ghezo Guard.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Priest

EcoS-K-163 Skeettra Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘BlackWing’, ‘StormWing’)

“Don’t try to dogfight with the enemy; the BlackWing’s not made for that....slip away from them, evade them, blast them at a distance.”

“Once you light off the ramjet for the supersonic dash to the target, you’re going to light up damned near every sky-sensor on the coast. You better hope that your countermeasures can handle whatever they throw up at you and that there aren’t any nasty surprises in your way. ”

“If you blasted that thing into a water crash here, shouldn’t we have found debris already?”
---Kydian coastal defense officer, after an aerial raid by unidentifed aerial forces on a Splugorth outpost, West Africa, and shortly before an amphibious attack on Splugorth shipping in the same area

“The Skeettra crews have become something of a new elite amongst the DarkWater forces, in that they’re undertaking missions with the potential to really HURT our enemies within their own territory and in areas we couldn’t easily reach before. Nobody resnts their newfound celebrity, however, because they work for their honors with the risks they take.”

The Skeettra was, on the first distant observations, mistaken for a variant, then an upscaled variant, of the EcoS-K-46 Aquilon. It is now known that the Skeettra started out as the DarkWaters’ effort to produce an amphibious variant of the EcoS-K-45 Cyroc, but even a joint Hawkmoon/DarkWater design team was unable to make the concept work with the technology at the time. Instead, the DarkWaters chose to develop the concept in their own time, eventually repurposing their work as a complement to the emerging Exocetii. The Skeettra would serve as a heavier air-sea strike warmount that could carry out attacks well inland. Though larger and slower at cruising speed than the fast and nimble Exocetii, the Skeettra would be able to carry a heavier warload of expendable ordnance.
The Skeettra resembles a giant cyborg manta ray, with wide wings, flying wing body, a long thin tail, protroding eye ‘horns’, and a large gaping mouth. The large mouth(a small feeding mouth is located in the roof of it, just inside the inlet) is now a large intake for several small turbofans venting through the ‘gill’ slits, and a larger and more powerful ramjet exhausting through a normally closed tailpipe under the tail.
The riders sit in a conformal cockpit pod attached to the dorsal surface of the body. An enclosing windshield canopy protects the riders from slipstream in both air and water, and the pod can eject in an emergency(deployable air foils assist the module in gliding away from the stricken warmount in the case of an aerial bailout.)
The Skeettra is heavily armed, befitting its assigned role as a fighter-bomber. Two powerful lasers are mounted in its eye stalks, and a third energy weapon protects the tail arcs. Four projectile launch modules mounted in the wings can carry torpedoes or missiles, and a weapons bay carries additional mission-tailored ordnance.
As an amphibious warmount, the Skeettra is meant to be able to quickly deploy by air to reinforce Darkwater squadrons, ideally dropping on an enemy’s un-watched flanks. As an aerial warmount, the Skeettra can engage opponents at long range, using missiles and lasers, or make high speed dashes to deliver strikes on enemy targets. Underwater, it is equally as capable as a hunter-killer, using the same lasers and possoble torpedo armaments. Stealth features, combined with the Skeettra’s wing-fin-body blending, increase the warmount’s chances of going undetected on either attack approach or escape course.
The weaknesses of the Skeettra are its melee combat capabilities. Despite its size, the cybermanta lacks effective weapons in-close, aside from a weak(and awkward) bite, wing slash or slap, and a slightly more effective tail slash. It is also, being a creature of air and sea, almost completely helpless on dry land. If assigned to a land-based deployment, its best chance of surviving attack is to hide in a fortified revetment or hangar until it can get airborne or escape to sea. It is also not as agile as some warmounts in the air, but can outpace them once it fires up ts ramjets.
That having been said, the DarkWaters are absolutely dotty about this latest addition to their arsenal, and the possibilities it represents for striking at the enemies of the SN. They’ve had to relearn a lot about bomber operations, however, so their first raids have been low-key affairs meant to train up the crews and acclimate the new Warmounts to their roles. The DarkWaters have also approached the Ghost Riders with intent to acquire the templates to the EcoS-K-51 Nightscream, or at least of forming joint units made up of the two warmount types, the Darkwaters envisioning the smaller Nightscreams assisting the larger Skeettra in penetrating enemy air defenses.
The Skeettra, it has been discovered(in the aforementioned talks with the Ghost Riders), has been mistaken during some of its runs along the American coast, for Coalition aircraft such as the NA-15 Nightwing and the SF-7 Talon, Though this confusion has alarmed nations like Lazlo(who have learned of the latter top secret stealth craft and regard it as one of their techno-boggiemen), the Shemarrian Nation has not corrected their nominal allies’ apprehension, instead using the rumors to hide their own development of advanced supersonic stealth strikecraft. To further the confusion, several of the raids in Africa have been accompanied by ‘leaked’ snatches of radio traffic using known CS Navy and military communications codes, while others have used NGR frequencies(or open Euro or Golden Age language ).
To many in the Shemarrian Nation, the Skeettra is closing the gap between Warmounts and true vehicles like aerospace fighters.

Type: EcoS-K-163 Skeettra
Class: Robotic Warmount. Air/Sea(Aerial)
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 490
Head 160
Laser EyeStalks(2) 100 each
Saddle Pod 120
Wings(2) 250 each
Missile Launchers(4) 90 each
Tail 100
Legs(4) 35 each
Height: 10 ft
Width: 70 ft wingspan
Length: 50 ft+25 ft tail
Weight: 43,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside the cockpit for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 40
Speed: (Running) Can hobble along on its articulated landing legs at 5 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 1,005 MPH(Mach 1.5) , maximum altitude of 60,000 ft. Can engage a ramjet system for speeds of 1,257 MPH(Mach 2.1), but can only maintain this speed for 3 hours before needing 5 hours at cruising to cool down.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) 70 MPH, maximum depth tolerance of 9,000 ft.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 100 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Skeettra have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 140 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Radar/EW Detector---Detects radar or electromagnetic wave activity near the Skeettra.
*Laser Detector---Alerts if the Skeettra is scanned or locked by a laser beam

*Sonar ----30 mile range

*MAD---Mounted under the tail is a deployable boom for a Magnetic Anomaly Detector, that can be used to detect the presence and movement of large metallic masses(i.e. ships) by the ‘displacement’ wave they make in relation to the Earth’s magnetic field. Range: 5 miles, and has a 70% chance of detecting submerged vessels(-20%) for nonmetallic objects, and no chance of detecting organics).

*Stealth Design---The Skeettra’s blended wing design and ‘smartskin’ body covering give it good passive stealth characteristics.-30% to be detected by enemy sensor systems

*Silent Running---The flex-wing and tail, combined with the smartskibe features, allow the Skeettra to imitate the swimming motions of its organic inspirations, and it can quietly glide and flap through water at a leisurely 25 MPH, during which it is only 10% likely to be picked up on passive sonar systems.

*ECM Suite---The Skeettra mounts a powerful ECM suite, the better to survive enemy detection and attack. Enemy radar-guided weapons are -6 to strike

*Detachable Cockpit Pod----The entire cockpit pod can eject in the case of a high altitude/high speed bailout, and deploy airfoils to glide away. Underwater, it can deploy its own hydrojets and motor away at 50 MPH.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---Not actually mounted in the eyes, but located adjacent to them in the protruding ‘palps’, these are powerful long range laser cannons.
Range: 6,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast, 4d4x10 MD for both lasers firing simultaneously(counts as one attack)
Payload: Effectively unlimited

2) Wing Missile/Torpedo Launchers(4)---The Skeettra’s wings each have two embedded arrays of launch tubes, one under and the other over the mid-line of the wing. Each array can hold ONE of the following configurations:
a) Mini-Torpedoes---24
b) Short Range Torpedoes----12
c) Medium Range Torpedoes---6
d) Mini-Missiles---24
e) Short Range Missiles---12
f) Medium Range Missiles---6
g)Sea/Air Rocket-Torps---A knockoff of Kittani nautical weaponry.
(Air) 75 miles
(Air) Mach 3
Payload: 6
Bonuses: (Torpedo)Because of the torpedoes’ higher speed and advanced targeting systems, the Sea Fire doesn’t suffer the same range and accuracy penalties as conventional torpedoes. The Sea Fire has a +1 to strike, and a +3 to strike within 3,000 ft of the target.
(Missile)---Not quite as accurate as a dedicated anti-shipping missile, but more powerful. +3 to strike

3) Weapons Bay---Behind the gill/thruster slits is a ventral weapons bay that can be fitted with a rotary weapons dispenser.
Other avionics and weapons packages are also possible(and in development), such as sensor pallets, jamming modules, and forcefield generators, to name a few, but the following configuratons are currently the most common:
a) Mini-Torpedoes---Volleys of 1-10, 100 mini-torpedoes.
b) Short Range Torpedoes----24
c) Medium Range Torpedoes---12
d) Long Range Torpedoes---6
e) Mini-Missiles---Volleys of 1-10, 120 missiles.
f) Short Range Missiles---24
g) Medium Range Missiles---12
h) Long Range Missiles----6
i) Sea/Air Rocket-Torps---A knockoff of Kittani nautical weaponry.
(Air) 75 miles
(Air) Mach 3
Payload: 12

j) Mines----Mines are equivalent to their missile warhead counterparts, but have an underwater blast radius THREE times larger.

k) Underwater Decoy Pods---These countermeasure dispensers typically hold one of the following types of decoys.
-Screamers----Screamers are specialized one-use munitions that when fired, broadcast a massive burst of noise across all audio/sonic frequencies, with the intended effect of destroying acoustic target(sonar) locks, and allowing the sub to escape opponents using sonar to detect or track them. -60% to track the Warmount via sonar while the Screamer is in effect, while sonar-guided weapons are -10 to strike, plus acoustic-homing weapons will break target lock to attack the decoy.
Screamers also have the effect of stunning dolphins, whales, and other creatures using natural sonar and echo location. These creatures are disoriented/stunned for 1d4 melees.
A typical screamer will last 1d4 melees until it burns out or is destroyed.
Screamers can also be fused to ignite/activate anywhere up to a minute(4 melees) after deployment.
Note: Screamers will affect the user’s own sonar systems.
Range: 6,000 ft
-Deep Flares---Deep Flares are fast-burning underwater illumination sources used as distractions in deep sea operations. Though fairly useless as weapons, Deep Flares are effective at night and against deep-sea creatures sensitive to bright light. Deep Flares will blind surprised targets for 1d4 melees(half all combat bonuses and skill rolls while trying to overcome temporary blindness). Useless against targets using sonar, or without eyes.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD if it scores a direct hit on a target; Otherwise, no damage, aside from possible flash disorientation. :
Area of effect: 100 ft area in diameter(suspended silt/debris in the water may limit this).
Payload: 18 decoys per pod, which is the size of a medium range missile/torpedo.

l) Bombs---Freefall ordnance. Can carry up to 5,000 lbs in bombs:
*2,000-lb Bomb----2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius
“Smart’ guided bombs of various types are also likely to be carried by the Skeettra.
Can also drop TW munitions similar to those available to the HRL-54 ‘Pall Bringer’ Heavy Rocket Launcher:

*TW Magma Weapon---Modified River of Lava spell, that creates a pool 450 ft in diameter instead, that lasts 15 minutes. Anything caught in it takes 2d6x10 MD per melee. If deployed in shallow water it lasts only 7 minutes and does HALF damage, but creates huge bubbles, kills local sea life, and produces a massive cloud of superheated steam that blinds anyone on the surface, fouls up thermographic imaging systems, and creates a belching sonar static that can screw up passive sonar systems in the area.

*TW Tsunami Weapon---Designed for attacking coastal targets, this weapon creates a tidal wave roughly 150 ft high, 3,000 ft long, lasts 15 melees, reach as far as 450 ft inland, and does 4d6x10 MD per melee. Also has a 75% chance of capsizing any ships it catches.
Note: This weapon is INEFFECTIVE unless aimed at a sizable body of water, such as an ocean, large lake, or deep river(at least 20 ft deep).

*TW Hurricane Weapon----Ocean-attack weapon, but can also be used against large lakes. Creates a massive sea storm that covers a 120 ft area, 100-150 mph winds, and 30 ft high waves. Does 3d6x10 MD per melee to large structures, and 1d6 MD to anyone caught out in the open. Effects last 15 minutes.

*TW Maelstrom Weapon---Another ocean-attack weapon, for attacking shipping and submarine warships/installations(though in the case of the tank-mounted weapon, it is typically used to attack coastal, lakeshore, or riverside targets), generating a sizeable whirlpool in any large body of water it is aimed at.
Whirlpools are 120 ft wide, lasts 15 minutes, and does 1d4x10 MD to anything caught in its center, 2d6x10 MD per melee to large ships, and 1d6x100 MD to them if they get submerged or if the whirlpool ‘breaks the ship’s back’.

*TW Earthquake Weapon---Warhead acts as a 15th level Elemental Earthquake spell; 3500 ft area of effect, doing 2d6x100 MD per melee, for fifteen melees. Generates a fissure 900 ft long, doing damage to everything within 600 ft on either side of it. A full spread of Earthquakers can destroy a county.

*TW Stormfront Weapon---Airburst warhead that unleashes a Tornado, and an accompanying Summon Storm, both equivalent to the 15th level Elemental Warlock Spells. The HRL-54 round actually launches 4 smaller warheads in the larger LRM casing.
Tornadoes are 100 ft in diameter, last 15 minutes, and do 3d6x10 MD per melee to anything caught by them, and an additional 2d6x10 MD to anything hurled out. Wood, clay, and stone structures take 4d6x10 points of damage(SDC or MDC), and trees are uprootted in one melee round. The tornado will also randomly wander about in a half-mile area before dispersing.
The storm element creates a drenching, obscuring downpour that drops 4 inches of rain per hour, does 1-6 points of structural S.D.C. per half hour, creates immobilizing floods, and reduces visibility to near zilch; storm covers a 14 mile area, and lasts 7 hours

*TW Sphere of Annihilation---The most expensive and devastating of the TW Warheads is the Sphere of Annihilation, that creates a minute quantity of anti-matter, that explodes with a force greater than any nuclear device of comparable size! The MAULER round actually launches 4 smaller warheads in the larger LRM casing.
The warhead does 2d4x100 MD to a point target, plus an additional 4d6x10 MD to a 10 ft radius, and have a +3 on top of targeting system bonuses, to strike their target. The submunitions can be ‘shotgunned’ to spread out over a 1,000 ft arc to spread the joy across a wider front, or can be targeted on one target. All four submunitions going off on one target do 8d4x100 MD, 4d6x10 MD to a 150 ft radius, and 2d4x10 MD out to 300 ft!

*Enhanced EMP Weapon---This weapon generates an intense Electro-Magnetic Pulse capable of frying unshielded electronics and disrupting even shielded military systems. Against technological societies, this weapon can cause absolute chaos!
The warhead does 1d4x100 EMP damage(no physical damage) to a 5,000 ft radius. The resulting percentage of the target location MDC is the chance of shutdown/disablement. All damage is cumulative. Damage in excess of 50% target MDC will require repair to make it functional; 75% or more damage will require replacement of the entire electrical system. Does double damage to non-shielded civilian systems. Bionics are -1 to dodge, roll, and strike for the affected limb/system, lasting 1d4 melees, non-cumulative, before the system resets itself.

*Fusion Cluster Weapon---Deploys 11 submunitions that orient in flight to fire a directed blast of plasma at a target---Does 1d4x100+10 MD to a 15 ft blast radius,6d6 MD concussion damage to a 55 ft blast radius.

*Nuclear Warhead---Though the Skeettra has not yet been seen deploying nuclear weapons, it is certainly a possibility, and speculation is that the most likely type to be carried by the warmounts is a dialable yield 2-10kt weapon.

m) Aerial Decoys----The Skeettra can carry and deploy aerial decoys that power or glide away from the warmount while pumping out signals and emissions suggesting a much larger vehicle(such as the Skeettra). These were adapted from the decoy drones of other nations, but use Shemarrian technology. The Skeettra can use these to assist its own penetration of enemy airspace or to support other fully loaded strike units.
MDC of Drone: 50
Size: 8 ft long, 3 ft wide, w/ 13 ft wingspan w/ wings fully deployed
Speed: Mach 1
Range: 100 miles
Damage: None, aside from self-destruct
ECM: Jams enemy sensors and radio transmissions with 50% effectiveness (range: 25 mile radius). Can also be programmed to pump out misleading radar signatures conforming to other craft, including larger aircraft. In an emergency, the drone can pump out so much signature that enemy missiles and sensor guided weapons targeted on the mothership(must be within 10 miles of each other to be effective) will be +4 to strike the drone, and will lose target lock on the launch-ship.
Bonuses: Drones are +4 to dodge attacks
The Skeetra can carry up to six such decoys, or 2-4 and 2,000 lbs of ordnance.

4) Tail Ion Cannon---Imitating a stingray, the Skeettra carries a rear energy weapon to dissuade attackers from behind. It can fire in either a narrow beam or a scatter-fan mode that can affect a wider area. The ion blaster also has enhanced EM/overload properties similar to a Lightning Blaster.
Range: 7,000 ft
Scatter-Shot Mode: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD
Scatter-Shot Mode: 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area
Plus, roll for the following:

5) Flare/Chaff Dispensers(2)---Mounted in the tail is a pair of countermeasure launchers:

Programming:
Typically has the following: (for aerial maneuvering purposes):
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Skeettra intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Dodge +3 underwater , +7 in flight
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4 underwater/in flight
Bite 1d6 MD
Wing Slash 4d6 MD+1 for every 20 MPH of speed from a full strength slicing attack(+30 MD at maximum speed)
Tail Slash 6d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Skeettra an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Skeettras are patient, careful, and intelligent, with an effective animal I.Q. of 10, and they can use their long range sensors to plot tactics(such as evasive courses or interceptions) even if they cannot see their opponents. They work well in squadrons, and are frequently teamed with Exocetti escorts.

Skeettras also exhibit a higher than normal level of natural psionics; the Skeettra has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*See Aura
* See the Invisible

Options:
*30mm Cannon Pods(2-6) ---A secondary armament of 30mm cannon has been suggested for improved ground attack capabilities. Two cannon can be mounted in the underside of the main body and an additional two cannon blisters can be mounted under each wing for a total of six forward-firing weapons.
Range: 9,500 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD two rd burst, 3d6x10 MD for a six-shot burst
Rate of Fire: Single shot , two-round, or six-round burst
Payload: 240 rds per pod

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Priest

Doctor Lizbeth Sudenak
(aka “Lab Subject Sudie’)

“’Where’s my lab coat’? For anything involving alien organisms that I don’t know everything about and cannot certify as one hundred percent harmless, my ‘lab coat’ is a fully sealed, heavily armored, and heavily armed Class Five encounter suit!”

“-when I said I wanted some protection in my field work, I did NOT anticipate being locked into a full-body VR immersion tank linked to a cyberhumanoid telepresence simulation of my body!”

“Ah, seriously....the research assistants wear red leather when not in hazmat gear?”
#”Well, Blood Rider ones tend to do so. It reflects their -PASSION- for research work.”#
“The Blood Riders, they’re the ones who run into combat wearing nothing but a lot of skin, right?”
#’Some of them, yes. The Berserkers, certainly.”#
“But....we’re part of the Wayfinders, right? Why are we using Blood Rider dress code?”
#”You’re part of an Eccentric’s staff. They get to pick and choose what traditions they follow. And you were wearing arguably less when you were working on that space station.”#

<<“Hello, Sister CytoCrafter! I’m recalibrating my full-somatic cerebro-stimu-scanner interface! Can I borrow your neshe-assistant?”>>
))“Certainly you may, Sister Replimancer!”((
“What? Don’t I get a say in thi-AiiYE(fchlup!)(...!!!!...)
))“Just bring her back without any holes in her head or too many in her memory, okay?”((

“VEEEDDDOOORRRRR!!!!!! THISISALLYOURFAULT!!!GETMEOUTOFTHISTHI-mmphf!”

Former exobiology researcher for the emergent rim-world of Darspae, the young scientist thought she’d landed a plum position, despite her youth and relative inexperience, when she was assigned to Darspaean ExoXen Study Facility-03, a deep space laboratory studying samples returned by Darspaean space missions. The position took her off stultifying, mentally-calcified Darspae and out among the stars, on the edge of the frontier, studying new and wondrous things! In reality, as she found out, almost too late, she was being fed to an alien intelligence as part of a deep government deal in return for alien biotech. Fortunately, an EShemarrian scout studies group, that were watching the Darspaean space efforts, detected the alien lifeforms aboard the space station and the suspicious activity around it. They broke in and rescued Dr. Sudenak before she could be absorbed, and sabotaged the lab in their escape.
In the times that followed, young Dr. Sudenak might have wondered if she was still being sacrificed to aliens, what with how she was transported from alien facility to alien facility, encapsulated, bottled, frozen, dipped, probed, scanned, until her new alien captors/hosts decided to talk to her , rather than treat her as an intriguing new lab animal. Even after she was offered a position as a neshemar junior scientist working under a Research Tinker, she found that some of her new alien colleagues seemed to regard her more as an interesting biological test subject(to date, she’s been scanned multiple times, biopsied, injected with several varieties of nanotech, locked in a VR tank and linked to a telepresence proxy-body, electronically cloned, chased by prototype biota sampling devices, and zapped several times with remote stunning or stimulation systems, often without warning) . Her new superior, Tinker-Baotra Vaylane CytoCrafter, seems to find it all very amusing, especially when she reminds the young neshemar that it’s all in the name of SCIENCE, and that the frequent indignities Lizbeth suffers often end up with some improvement in her health and physical abilities.
Dr. Sudenak has since thrown in her lot with the Shemarrians, though she did try to pass back warnings to her few friends on Darspae about the duplicity of the world government. Has something of a love-dislike relationship with Doctor Kasic Vedor, the transferred intelligence AI who rescued her from being eaten alive. On one hand, she’s immensely grateful for what he did to get her out of harm’s way, and his endorsement of her abilities(though he did criticize her lack of caution)...on the other hand, so much weird and embarrassing stuff has happened to her since that she feels he’s at least partially to blame. Despite her modest beginnings with a society just entering the interstellar scene, and her seeming tendency to be treated as a lab animal or test subject by a lot of her gynoid superiors, she is respected for her occasional novel insights on galactic lifeforms.
Lizabeth will readily admit that she is a child of cities, and isn’t really into that wilderness stuff, so she’s most comfortable working in a lab, rather than roughing it with field teams. If she accompanies any group into an alien environment, she’ll either be bundled into heavy environmental hazmat gear, or operating a telepresence rig. However, any lab she’s working in, she’ll want to keep the alien stuff as far away from herself as possible with as many safety barriers or layers of isolation between her and it as possible. As a neShemar, she’s been obliged to take mandatory basic combat training, though she is not a warrior by disposition. It irks her that her supervisor(s) have seen seen fit to test and refresh her physical skills(as well as their prototypes) by slicing specimen-collection ‘bots on her from time to time; no body how cautious she is, or how fast her augments make her, the ‘bots seem to get faster.

Level of Experience: 6th Level AU Xenobiologist(was 3rd when she was rescued)
Race: Human
Alignment: Principled
Land of Origin: Darspae, Devi Galaxy
Sex: Female
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 110 lbs
A young athletic-build Caucasian human(oid) female with light skin, blonde hair, and pale blue eyes.
Disposition:
Enthusiastic and cheery, with an upbeat disposition and a great curiosity about things. She likes staying fit and exercises regularly and intensely. Going into space to study alien life was the fulfillment of a dream for her.
Her enthusiasm took something of a hit when she discovered her Darspaean superiors valued her less for her mind and skills, and more for her body, brain-flavor, and expendability. Their betrayal of her has made her much more cautious and mindful of security protocols(she will always insist on knowing the particulars of, and having, a security presence at all times when any facility she is in plays host to alien artifacts or organisms). Her enthusiasm has been slowly rebuilding under the patronage of her Shemarrian benefactors, though many of their customs still leave her puzzled, bewildered, and sometimes embarrassed. She also occasionally wonders if perhaps they somehow meddled with her mind to make her more able to accept those customs.

IQ: 21(+7% to skills)
ME: 11
MA: 18
PS: 13+4+1 /18
PP: 11(22)
PE: 13 +10 +5+4+8+1+1+1 /43
PB: 18+3(21)
SPD: 10+1 +5+ 7 /23

(PPE): 7

Hit Points: +18+3 /23
SDC: 35+25+13+1 /74
MDC: 120+6+4+3 /133
Horror Factor:-----
Special Abilities/Characteristics/Powers:

-Extraordinary Physical Endurance(Minor)---Lizabeth Sudenak has been made a minor megadamage being, via an intermesh through her body, reinforcing joints and muscles, and creating a damage-resistant energy armor.
*Fatigues at 1/10th normal rate
*Effectively becomes a megadamage being with 4d4x10 MD +2d4 per level of experience.

-Healing Factor----+2d4 P.E., +2d6+6 Hit Points, +25 SDC, +20% save versus Coma/Death, +3 save versus magic, poison, and toxins, +3 save versus psionic attacks. Recovers 3 SDC/MDC every 10 minutes, 1 Hit Point every 15 minutes, twice per 24 hours can instantly speed-heal 4d6 HP/MDC, does NOT fatigue, fire and cold do HALF damage, toxins and poisons do 1/3 normal damage on a failed save, and the bio-mod doesn’t scar when healed. Even broken bones heal 10 times faster than normal.

-Physical Transformation---As one of the benefits of her nanite treatments, Sudenak has been physically optimized. +1d4 P.E., +1d6 P.B., +1d6 SPD, +2d6 Hit Points, +4d6 SDC, and +1d6 to P.S., plus it is considered to be Extraordinary.

- Mind/Body Attunement---Lizabeth’s nervous system is amped to be more in tune with themselves; +1 APM, +2 on initiative, +4 save versus Horror Factor, +1 save versus poison and disease, and +2 save versus possession.

-Increased Physical Agility and Dexterity---The Bio-Tinkers worked from the philosophy that the easiest way to survive damage is to not be hit; that, and lay down hurt on the OTHER guy faster than he can lay down hurt on YOU. Thus, physical agility and responses have been stepped up. Increase P.P. to 22, +1 APM, +2 on initiative, automatic dodge, paired weapons, and +5% to physical skills requiring physical dexterity. Lizabeth is also ambidextrous.

- Hypnotic Brain Conditioning----Because the Wayfinders know from experience that exploring strange new worlds or attending to extraordinary circumstances means facing exotic new terrors, strange new experiences, and exposure to all manner of alien influences, Lizabeth spent extra time ‘in the tank’ getting indoctrinated and hardened against negative mental influences; +5 save vs mind control, +4 save vs illusions and Horror Factor, +2 save vs all other psionic attacks. Impervious to Possession

Magic:---
Psionics:----
Cybernetics/Bionics:
*Universal Headjack(behind ear)
*Sub-Vocal 2-Way Radio Implant(5 mile effective range)
Skills: 6th Level AU Xenobiologist
Basic & Advanced Math 98%/ 98%
Language/Literacy:
Native Language(English/Trade Four) 98%/98%
Shemarrian 57%/37%
Xeno-Biology 87%
Xeno-Botany 82%
Anthropology: Alien 77%
Paramedic 97%
Pathology 87%
Chemistry 87%
Chemistry: Analytical 77%
Computer Operation 97%
Biology 87%
Zoology 87%
Research 77%
Oxygen Systems 98%
Basic Electronics 67%
General Repair & Maintenance 57%
Radio: Basic 97%
Read Sensory Equipment 82%
Pilot Hovercycle 88%
Vacsuit Operation 65%
Dance 77%
Writing 72%
Athletics
Climbing(Revised) 75%/65%
Swimming(Revised) 80%
Running(Revised)
Movement: Zero Gravity

Hand to Hand: Basic
W.P. Knife(+2 Strike/Parry, +2 Throw)
W.P. Energy Pistol(+2 strike)
W.P. Paired Weapons

Actions/Attacks per Melee: 7
Initiative: +4
Strike:+4
Parry:+7
Dodge:+7
Automatic Dodge
Roll:+3
Ambidextrous
Damage:+2

Saves:
Vs Coma/Death +62%
Vs Magic +11
Vs Psionics +5
Vs Illusions +4
Vs Mind Control +5
Vs Poisons +12
Vs Horror Factor +8
Charm/Intimidate 50%
Charm/Impress 55%
Effectively Impervious to Disease
Impervious to Possession

Wardrobe(including several sets of ‘BloodRider Technical Assistant Wear’ that she regards as ‘embarrassingly little’ , though it does afford 25 MDC of protection).
VR Interface Gloves(work in concert with holographic interfaces and the VR glasses)
HAZMAT Body Armor(80 MDC)
Personal Vac-Suit
Comm-Bracelet
Science Scanner
“SmartGlasses’(Optical band with language reader/translator and VR interface)
HI Laser Pistol
Knife/Laser Blade

Sudenak has access to her own lab space, and a small retinue of laboratory robots she can order around(on several occasions she’s used them to attempt to smoke out ambushes she’s suspected her superiors of having set for her).

Vehicle:
Sudenak doesn’t yet have a personal vehicle, let alone a Warmount, to her name, as she spends most of her time aboard spacecraft or space stations. She can operate the small public-access hover cycles many neshemar like for getting around the larger space constructs and colonies.

Dr. Sudenak has also been known to make use of various VR tele-operations proxy-rigs, including a full body simulacrum of herself...though one early test of this system resulted in the spawning of Nuyon, a partial electronic clone of Sudenak’s brain state, embedded in the simulacrum body(treat as a Cyberhumanoid cyborg frame, with half of Lizabeth’s skills at HALF the same proficiencies, but with eight available secondary skill slots). Nuyon has since been assigned to another Tinker’s retinue to avoid confusion between Lizbeth and her ‘clone’.

Darspae(Extradimensional)
A small rim out-world colonized by Humans(possibly seeded by the Atlantean diaspora). Darspae has only fairly recently(in the last 80 years) begun venturing out into space with light-hugger and low-end FTL drives. Their overall technology is several generations behind the standard CCW/TGE/GR level, and slightly behind that of Golden Age Rifts Earth(but ahead with regards to deep space propulsion systems).
Darspae itself is terrestrial, but heavily populated and industrialized. A world government has been in place for the last two hundred years, keeping the peace and managing resources for the population. The result has been an increasingly homogenous global culture that discourages personal growth and initiative for the sake of stability. A global info-culture of cheap entertainment and distractions has taken hold, encouraged by the world government
Early on in its space program, the Darspaen world government discovered evidence of intelligent alien life(starting with ancient ruins found on a nearby extrasolar world, but subsequent findings suggested more modern and active extraterrestrial civilizations), but moved to suppress it; outside a few top-ranked organization circles, few people know of these discoveries and think all that the deep space missions have brought back are really strange alien animal and plant life, all generally harmless.
The Darspaen world government is well aware of the many dangers facing a world like theirs out in the greater Megaverse, but doesn’t want to cause a panic if they revealed the truth to their citizens. Unfortunately, this fear has led some in the government to pursue courses of action, in the name of ‘planetary security’, that are increasingly unethical and acutely dangerous. Several agencies have become involved in questionable efforts to develop new weapons, or to better control society.
The most dangerous path being taken is covert contact with a group of alien intelligences(discovered dormant and subsequently awakened by one of the deep space probe missions), who have promised certain unscrupulous elements of the world government access to technology and information that will insure Darspaen security...and great power to a chosen few. However, the aliens have begun to make small,but increasingly insidious, requests as a sign of faith, and their Darspaen accomplices have complied, starting them on a slippery slope....

The recent destruction of one of their space stations and contact points(ExoXen Study Facility-03) has put a crimp in the plans of both the alien intelligences and their human coconspirators, with the intelligences most upset with what appears to be a double-cross. Whether the Darspaens will accede to the aliens’ even more depraved demands for placation or whether the time bought by the destruction of the station(and detailed warnings about the government appearing in the media sometime after) will allow more enlightened elements in Darspaen authority to discover and root out the conspiracy, remains to be seen.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Priest

‘Sunners’---Personal Solar Arrays(Skyeklad)

“Told yah that was a bad idea, attackin’ them sunbathers. They wuzn’t sleepy and stupid, they was chargin’ their lazers. Your stumps quit itchin’ yet? No? Good, maybe you’ll listen to me next time, fif there IS a next time, you moronic git.”

“I’m feeling GOOD today! I got my dose of vitamin C, so a plague-moncker like you’s not going to get me down! EAT SOLAR PHOTONS AND FRY!”

Sunners are an Upgrade developed by the SkyeKlad as a way of capitalizing on their constant (some would say obsessive or fanatical) exposure. Borrowing some technology from the DarkWaters’ Yakusha cyborgs, the SkyeKlad have developed lightweight memory-material ‘Sunners’, petal- or winglike-structures that unfold from the back and shoulders of a gynoid or cyborg. Surfaced in thermal/photo-sensitive film, these vanes or arrays absorb solar energy, which is assimilated and stored as electrical energy by the EShemar/NeShemar. Though EShemar are powered by compact nuclear micro-cells, the solar power provides a welcome source of supplemental power. More pragmatically, absorbed solar power gives a boost to the systems of those with this Upgrade. The system includes a ‘power bank’ or battery that stores the collected solar charge for up to 24 hours. The system also includes a feedback mechanism that makes the recipient feel good when charging or possessig a full charge; this translates into a sense of well-being, confidence, and mental fortitude that can be applied in combat.
The sunner-arrays are rather fragile, however, and do not stand up well to abuse. Fortunately, the arrays can be very quickly retracted back inside the EShemar’s skin(takes 5 seconds) and stowed until needed.
Besides the SkyeKlad, Sunners are catching on with the Silvermoons and some Horrorwoods as well. The Wayfinders, as well, are adopting sunners, especially those tribesmembers who practice solar-based magicks.
Size: Wingspan of 7-12 ft
MDC: 5 each wing
Bonuses: For every 30 minutes of exposure in direct sunlight, the EShemar/NeShemar with a sunner array can enjoy a +1 to initiative, +1d4 points of additional damage to their melee attacks, +1 point of damage to any integrated lasers, +1 to parry/dodge, and +1 to save vs horror factor for 1 minute.
Options:
*(TW)---Liquify Sunshine---Many Wayfinders who take on a Sunner-Upgrade like to also incorporate a TW Liquify Sunshine spell, collecting the resulting condensate in special ectoplasm-insulated reservoirs in their bodies for later use.
The expenditure of 10 PPE allows the collectors to create 3 gallons of LS per hour of exposure to direct sunlight, up to a maximum of 6 hours per PPE input. The Wayfinders have developed a specially-lined wearable ‘camelpack’ canteen that can hold up to 12 gallons(and doubles as a reclining cushion/backrest), or the LS can be tubed off to other containers. Internal body reservoirs can typically hold up to 2 gallons.
Note that when the Liquify Sunshine feature is engaged, the sunner-array CANNOT be charging the bonus bank simultaneously.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Priest

Anhurite Clan Panthereon Male Elite
(aka “PtideGuard’, ‘Beast-King’)

“’Stand Your Ground’ isn’t just an admonition with Anhurites, it’s an oath of battle and a promise of action.”

#”YOU WILL NOT TRESPASS ON THE SACRED GROUND OF THE CAT SPIRITS! YOU SHALL NOT PASS THE GATES OF THE COUGARAND! YOU SHALL NOT DISTURB THE SLEEP OF THE BAST-BLESSED!#
---sirShredKlaw, Guardian of the Cougarand Temple Repository, Alloun

“Anybody who thought the Pantherons were a smalltime bunch of feline furryfolk pretenders, never faced an Anhurite on the field of battle.”

“I seen one of those big cats tank a rainbow beam of death, practically claw up it to its source, and maul the ever-loving daylights out of the equestrian demon that shot it. The Pantherons may be a matriarchy, but their big toms are the kings of the beast battles.”

“Being hit by one of those guardian cats with the big axes, is like being smashed with a highway overpass. I do NOT recommend it.”

“Excellent battle, sirTom Goldfang. I doubt the Fenri will ever trouble this world again, what with the ferocity of your reproach to them.”
<<“Thank you. Matriarch, but the credit for victory was not mine entirely. The Warrior Sprit of the Cat was with me today.”>>
“Ah, that explains the aura of the Cat we observed at the height of battle. But what of your battle-consort? I understand you had to take on one on short notice when the call to arms came.”
<<“Indeed, I took on one from the visitor compound. It was a necessary expedient; I sensed it best to have the means to unlock my full potentials.”>>
“ It worked out very well for all of us! And how did she fare? Let her speak to me, so I may confer my thanks and grant her her proper glory.”
<<“...the battle was not without casualties, Matriarch. My battle-consort was unprepared for the full strain of combat. She is not in any mortal danger, but the battle has left its...mark...upon her mind and body. I thought it best to sequester her until she had some time to...deal with the effects.”>>
“Then you will let me see her at once! As one initiated into the Tribe by fire of battle, she deserves my attention!”
<<:”By your will, Matriarch.”>>
(#klack#*hissss*)
“Ah, I see the Cat Spirit has blessed thee.”
“-mrrrrreoooowwwww?”

The Anhurite is a Clan Pantheron Elite-class modeled after the Preserver, and considered to be an ‘icon-cass’ beyond the already impressive Simba Male Elites. Its sheer size and the inclusion of an internal cockpit for a ‘copilot’ also arguably place the Anhurite in the class of Arawa---Warmounts inhabited by full EShemar intelligences.
The Anhurite carries in its design aspects apparently inspired by another fringe tribe, the Aurora Warriors. Though possible that the Aurora Warriors may have visited the Pantherons on the latter’s glacier-locked spiritual homeworld of Alloun, many outside observers have trouble picturing what exchange of services may have occurred to result in an exchange of technologies such as seem to have been borrowed from the Aurorans’ Glaciton Male Elites and incorporated into the Anhurite.
The Anhurite is a massively heavy humanoid Elite on a size and scale as the Coalition States’ IAR-3 Skull Smasher. Instead of a giant skull facing the torso, however, the Anhurite features a large sculpted lion’s head and mane, complete with articulated jaw. The arms feature a combination of extendable paw-claws and plasma projectors, While not articulated enough to use handheld firearms, the Anhurite can, and does, typically carry large melee weapons. The sheer mass of the body makes the Anhurite difficult, if not impossible, to dislodge from its stance, and a combination of exceptional balance and deployable anchoring foot-claws make pushing one over even harder.
The Anhurite notably incorporates an ‘interface chamber’ that allows a smaller EShemar or NeShemar to directly link with the Anhurite, boosting its performance to mystical phenomenal levels and allows for some very impressive feats.
Anhurites are very rare in the ranks of the Pantherons; they are usually found with the security contingents of the highest Matriarchs of the Clan, or are assigned to guarding important sites in the Pantherons’ domain. However, they have, on occasion, been sighted as part of military campaigns(usually directed by powerful Matriarchs) with the troops. It is from these actions, as well as several defensive actions, that the Anhurites have earned the respect and awe of witnesses to their power.
Anhurites have quickly gained a reputation for being very powerful combatants. Even amongst the matriarchal clans of the EShemar, the presence of this Male Elite on the battlefield has been known to bolster the confidence and courage of warriors and rally hard pressed defenses to new heights of defiance.

Type: Shemar Anhurite
Class: Robot Android
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 110 each
Arms(2) 250 each
Legs(2) 350 each
Head/Lion Face 400 .
Main Body 990
Reinforced Passenger/Crew Compartment 250
Backmount Weapon 130
Back Missile Launchers(2) 130 each
Tail 120
Height: 28 ft
Width: 14 ft
Length: 15 ft
Weight: 75 tons
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 60, PP. 20,.
Cargo: Small 2 ft x2 ft x3 ft space behind the seat in the chest compartment.
Speed:
Running: 90 MPH
Jumping: 30 ft up/across w/ a short running start
Flying: Not possible
Space: Not possible
Underwater: Limited to wading or walking along the bottom at 20 MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 250 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Interface Cockpit Chamber---Retained from the SkullSmasher, the cockpit/Link Chamber is heavily armored, buried deep in the torso, and fully environmentally sealed, with full life support.

*Molecular Analyzer---Samples the air for chemical traces. Also allows for identifying and tracking by smell at 84%.

*Integral SNARLS PPE Sensor System ----The result of trading with other Tribes, this paranormal sensing system scaled up from the Fellex e-animal’s, gives the Anhurite the ability to detect supernatural beings and activity. The sensor has a 400 ft range(out to 800 ft with 50% error in determination), 60-degree arc, and can detect invisible entities. Other penalties similar to the Japanese SNARLS system(on which it is based.....see Rifts: Japan, pg. 116).

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---The Anhurite mounts the more powerful variety of eye lasers.
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)

2) Sonic Roar---The Anhurite mounts one of the most powerful sonic cannon seen on anybody’s technology.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast, plus 4d6 MD to a 30 ft diameter area around the blast area(double damage and range underwater)
Rate of Fire: Once per melee

3) Plasma Claws--Each hand mounts four plasma projection cannon in the fingers. The weapons used as the basis of the finger blasters are modified plasma rifles with better range and an unlimited payload linked to the ‘bot’s power systems. As a result of this installation, the fingers tend to be thick and stubby; and are ill-suited for holding handheld weaponry. Any hand- held long-range weaponry will be -2 to strike, because of the poor balance and clumsy grip.
The Pantherons have modified this system to have a lower-powered mode that enhances punch/claw damage, similar to Kittani plasma melee weapons.
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per finger blast (so a full hand blast does 4d6x10 MD!)
By angling the fingers slightly to shoot in different directions, the hand can also spray a 50 ft area with plasma blasts, doing 4d6 MD per strike(no bonuses to strike)

4) Back Missile Launchers(2)---Carried over from the Skull Smasher, these are two wing-like missile launchers holding medium range missiles. Each launcher holds 3 missiles each, for a total of six.

5) Backmount Weapon---Another holdover from the Skull Smasher, only the Pantherons offer a variety of weapons that can be mounted on the back and fired over the shoulder;
a) Heavy Laser------Adapted from the Glitterboy No. 7 of South America
Range: 8,000 ft in atmosphere, 16,000 ft in space.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast

b) Particle Beam ---Orbital-style
Range: 11,000 ft in atmosphere, 22,000 ft in space
Damage: 4d6x10 MD per blast
Payload: 25 blasts, recharges at a rate of 1 blast per minute

c) Heavy Rail Gun---Glitterboy-style rail gun.
Range: 12,000 ft in atmosphere
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per 30-rd burst, only fires bursts.
Payload: 200 rd drum

d)’SkullShatter’ Cannon---How Clan Pantheron got this weapon is anybody’s guess. Though a number of Tribes have acquired this formerly exclusively Skullcrusher multi-barreled cannon through trade and trial, since the Skullcrushers have more formerly reconciled, production templates for the weapon have not been bandied about, especially to fringe tribes, without their permission. It’s possible that, given the Anhurite body chassis’s origins as the IAR-3 Skull Smasher, some Tribe jokingly gave the Pantherons a true ‘skullsmasher’
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per round, 6d6x10 MD for a three shot burst, 1d6 MDx100 for a six shot burst(!)
Payload: 820 shot drum per cannon.

e)Mini-Missile Launcher---- Volleys of 1-10, 120 missiles.

f) M-Ion Cannon----A copy of the Triax TX-8841 Ion Cannon(sans MRM launchers).
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area.
*Ion Booster Module---Another mod that boosts the range of the ion bolts, albeit with a small reduction in damage capability. Reduce damage to 1d4x10 MD, but boost range to 7,000 ft.

g) Heavy Plasma Cannon---This is actually a weapons pod copied off the BIF-67 Katana aerospace fighter. it does TREMENDOUS damage, but at very short range.
Range: 600 ft
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Twice per melee(and each firing takes up 2 APMs)
Payload: : Effectively unlimited

6) Handheld Weapon----Anhurites typically carry a massive mecha-scale club or spear, in keeping with their roles as guardian warriors.
A few examples as follows:
a)ES-SC-VB-01---Giant scale(15 ft long) vibro-blade
Weight: 0.6 tons
MDC: 180
Damage: 6d6 MD + P.S. damage

b)VibroHammer---A giant vibromace/hammer with rocket thruster augmentation to increase the velocity of impact. It takes extra skill to swing the giant 4 ton sledge, but it’s a favorite with SkullCrushers who like the sheer simple brute force of the ‘Cracker’.
Weight: 4 tons
MDC: 320
Damage: 5d6 MD un-powered strike, + P.S. damage, or 4d4x10 MD powered strike(-1 to strike due to the added momentum from the thrusters fighting control).

c) Kree-Blade---Giant axe or sword from the TransGalactic Empire’s Imperator Assault Robot. The massive weapon (300 MDC, 3d6 MD un-energized strike, 2d4x10 MD energized, 2d4x10 MD particle beam blast, 1,200 ft range) is a one-handed weapon for the heavy Anhurite. The Kree-Blade is particularly valued in part due to its rarity; the SSN has thus far had few contacts with the TGE.

d) Long-Claw Staff---A long spear sporting two Power Halberd blades on the end. The forked design allows for trapping and pinning limbs or other melee weapons.
Weight: 2 tons
MDC: 200
Range: Melee; 36 ft long
Damage: 2d6 MD un-powered strike, 2d6x10 MD on a powered strike

7) Forcefield/Aura of Power---Actually a technological forcefield with 300 MDC; a more powerful version of the one fitted to the Simba.
Furthermore, Anhurites can expand the field to cover nearby targets. The field loses some strength in the expanded coverage, but the effect is still enough to over some protection to bystanders. In this mode the forcefield only affords 150 MDC, but can cover a 25 ft radius area. This makes the Anhurite a good rally point for assaults and defensive positions, protecting accompanying troops.

8 ) Overcharge ----As with the smaller Simbas, by ramping up power to their forcefield, Anhurites can form a body-conformal barrier that amplifies their attacks, doubling the damage of melee attacks, and increasing the chances of the android being able to deflect attacks. The downside to this is that the overcharge taxes the android’s systems and builds up an overburden of heat that temporarily weakens the Anhurite.
In Overcharge mode, the Anhurite’s melee attack damage, roll and parry bonuses are DOUBLED for 1d6 melees, and the Anhurite gets a Horror Factor of 12(because he glows menacingly as hell and looks ####-ass POWERFUL), after which the android must recharge/cool down for 1d6 MINUTES. During this period, reduce maximum speed by HALF, and NO bonuses to Initiative, Strike, Dodge, and Parry.
In the aftermath of an overcharge, the Anhurite fairly glows with heat energy, making detection and targeting with heat sensors a fairly easy mater(+20% to Read Sensory Instruments if using heat sensors).

9) BattleLink----While EShemar can and do routinely link their minds to their Warmounts to take control of individual weapons systems or to enhance performance in battle, the practice is less common with fully sentient AI/Minds because the two consciousesses will, on some level, clash, leading to growing dissonance between the linked minds. Various Shemarrian Tribes have increasingly have been experimenting with advanced linkages with both AI to AI, and AI to organic minds. While the results have been dramatic, the systems still have many problems that need to be fixed before the practice can become more widely accepted. The Pantherons apparently witnessed such interface systems on the Aurora Warriors’ Glaciton Male Elites and thought a similar system worth pursuing.
However, the Pantherons seem to have taken their development along magical/psionic lines, rather than electro-thermal or electrochemical as have the other Tribes. This system, sometimes called(jokingly or not) ‘Bast’s Blessing’ or ‘Bast’s Curse’, has its advantages but also its unique drawbacks.

The Pantherons seem to be of the mind that to truly tap into the ‘spirit of the cat’, an organic interface is preferred/necessary; thus the favored partner in the Pantheron Battlelink is an unmodified(cannot have more than 4 cybernetic implants) human(oid), cannot be a negapsychic, and ideally is female. This is typically a volunteer who agrees to be the Anhurite’s ‘mind partner’ or more often ‘consort’, but the Pantherons have been known to impress prisoners to the purpose.

While Linked, the Anhurite enjoys the following bonuses:
*Quadruped Dash---The Anhurite can fall to all fours and run, without movement penalty, at speeds up to 120 MPH.
*DOUBLE leap distance
* Horror Factor---The Anhurite takes on a supernatural feline aura that can prove terrifying to observers not already cowed by a seventy-five ton feline warmachine charging at them. Horror Factor of 16.
* Psionic Abilities:
*Empathic Projection----The Anhurite can project an area of effect Empathic Projection attack with a range of 120 ft(180 ft if the link-companion is a Minor psychic, 240 ft if a Major psychic, and 500 ft if a Master psychic) and covering a 60 ft area, 90 ft area, 120 ft wide area, or 250 ft wide area respectively. Only one such attack can launched per melee and takes 1 APM. Saves and duration remain the same.
*Telekinetic Claw Strike---The Anhurite’s Claw Strikes gain an additional 3d6 MD in damage, and DOES affect supernatural beings vulnerable to magic and psionics. Organic beings struck by the TK claws must also roll versus psionics or fall victim to the effects of a Bio-Manipulation attack(Pain, Paralysis, or Stun).

OR:
* Overcharge Extension---The Anhurite can DOUBLE the amount of time spent in Overcharge mode.

Duration: 1d4 minutes(4 melees) per point of the link-consort’s M.E./2, 4 minutes per M.E./2 pt if the link-consort is female(the link is more reliable in the latter case).
It is possible to push the duration of the Link Fugue beyond this limit, but for every TWO melees spent past the ‘red line’, the organic must roll versus Insanity.
For every FIVE melees pushed past the ‘red line’, the organic must roll vs Magic or risk a physical alteration.
Once the Link-fugue is dropped, it cannot be reinitiated for another 12 hours. To attempt to do so before the ’cool down’ has elapsed would be to IMMEDIATELY incur the same risk of associated penalties, plus an additional +10% chance of any insanities acquired during this period becoming permanent.

Penalties:
*Insanity
While other Battlelink systems place a considerable strain on the organic component’s physiology, the Pantheron Battlelink taxes the ‘consort’s’ sanity. Channeling the ‘Cat Spirit’ can potentially unhinge a person.
Thankfully, most such breaks from sanity are only temporary, and last only 2d6+10 hours.
30% chance of it becoming permanent, however.

01-10% Random Insanity.
11-20% Obsession: Cats---Loves them, loves them, loves them. LOVESTHEMOHSNUGGUMSSSS! The person will seek to surround themselves with cats and cat-related paraphernalia, be it plushies, cat clothing, or bell collars, almost as if they were Objects of Power. Even for a Pantheron this can get too much, especially if the affected link-consort fixates on them as a ‘kitty’.
21-25% Random Psychosis
26-30% Phobia: Cats---Yes, this pretty much finishes off the link-consort’s future among the Pantherons. The person will have to be forcibly restrained and forced back into the presence of the Anhurite and the link-chamber if anybody REALLY needs or thinks using the person again as a Cat Spirit conduit is a good idea.
31-40% Obsession: Mice---01-50% Hates the little vermin, and will hunt them down, 51-00% Loves playing with them , chasing and batting them around. This extends to rodent-like aliens as well.
41-45% Phobia: Water---HATES getting wet. A shower is depression-inducing, a bath an ordeal of torture. Personal hygiene is likely to suffer.
46-50% Catty---Estrus cycle becomes more pronounced if female, leading to more aggressive behavior in seeking potential mates, and fighting any competition. Males become similarly more aggressive/possessive(tomcat-ish) around eligible females. (GMs’ discretion: characters are distracted and -1 on initiative for 2d4 days each month)
51-60% Playful Kitty----Easily distracted(make a save vs Insanity at +2) by balls of yarn and cat-toys.
61-65% Susceptible to Catnip----The person’s brain chemistry has been altered such that catnip and catgrass now act like a narcotic on the person. Save vs Non-Lethal Poison or be the equivalent of doped.
66-70% Hunting Obsession---Not hunting with a firearm or weapon, but rather up close and personal. Has a tendency(make a save vs Insanity at +2) to home in on small fast-moving objects and creatures and pouncing on them.
71-80% Cats and Dogs---While it’s a stereotype that cats and dogs are natural enemies, this person hasn’t heard of it. They react poorly to canines and dog-like beings(this applies to Wolfen, Dog-Boys, Kantaran, and even the Wolf’s Path members in general): (01-75%) deadly afraid of them, or (76-00%) becomes stupidly aggressive around them(acting generally suspicious of them at best, and hissing and spitting most of the time).
81-85% Vulnerability: Sunbeam Attack---The character becomes a compulsive napper, curling up in a comfortable spot, especially under a warm sunbeam or sunlamp, and will be nearly impossible to rouse from their lethargy short of food or immediate threats to their person.
86-90% Obsession: Property/Territory----The person becomes more aggressively covetous of things he or she considers personal, going even so far as to mark them....with perfume, scratch marks, hair....and will become agitated if they find signs of others trespassing.
91-95% Believes themselves to be a feline werebeast. Gets antsy around silver and full moons.
96-00% Believes themselves to be a true cat/feline, reverting to this feral state when under stress. Can be brought out of it only by a close friend or family member.

*Physical Transformation
Some claim it’s a result of neural interface nanites bleeding over into the link-consort’s body and performing surgical alterations, others claim it’s magic at work, the Cat-Spirit altering its flesh vessel to better accommodate it.
Note: This result is effectively permanent. Extensive surgery or transformation magic can correct/undo some of the changes, but otherwise the character is stuck with a feline physical characteristic.
01-10% Acute Sense of Smell---Becomes much more aware of scents in their environment and can track by smell with 50% acuity.
If possessing the Catty insanity, this is even more pronounced due to sensitivity to pheromones(-2 to initiative if distracted by smell).
11-20% Cat Eyes(cosmetic)---Eyes take on a catlike appearance.
` 21-25% Cat Eyes(functional)---Provide night vision good out to 80 ft.
26-35% Whiskers----The person grows a set of fine facial hairs that act as motion detection(effective range of 5 ft). However, people may comment on your sparse new mustache.
36-40% Cat’s Tongue---The person’s tongue becomes rougher, and they can lap up liquids. The minus side is that french-kissing somebody is like flossing their molars with sandpaper.
41-50% Claws(scratchers)---Finger nails become thicker and sharper and do 1d4 pts of damage.
51-55% Claws(retractable)---The person acquires retractable claws. 1d4 pts of damage and +5% to Climbing skill.
56-70% Increased Sense of Balance----The person’s sense of balance becomes more acute; +2 to Maintain Balance.
71-75% Legs of Leaping----The person’s legs become leaner and more tautly muscular; can increase their normal leap distance by 50%.
76-80% Cat Fangs---The person’s incisors become more prominent, and their bite does an extra +1 pt of damage. On the minus side, they might be mistaken for a vampire.
81-87% Body Hair---The person acquires a fully body coat of short fur. This can be kept under control by normal hair removal techniques.
88-94% Spine---The person’s spine becomes tougher and more flexible; +2 to roll, takes HALF damage from falls.
95-98% Tail ---The person acquires a long flexible tail; +1 to maintain balance. On the minus side, the tail, which is as long as 30% of the character’s height, is nearly impossible to hide and may require modification to clothing to accommodate.
99-00% Full Catgirl Transformation----The link-consort is now a full-bodied catgirl(even if originally male). Has all of the above features. However, there is also a 01-30% chance of permanently losing the ability to link.

10) Faux Magic--To further their image as ‘magical guardian beasts’, Anhurites incorporate a few faux magic systems(if they aren’t Upgraded with true TW magic systems).
-Silver Claws---Extendable silver-plated claws can be added to do extra damage against opponents susceptible to silver poisoning.

-Shining Mane/Blinding Light of the Sun---Actually a set of small laser emitters hidden in the folds of the mane. They project a potentially blinding laser light display.
Range: 300 ft , 150 ft wide area
Damage: Unless the victim(s) are wearing tinted goggles or other protection against bright light, they will be blinded(-10 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll) for 1 melee round after being hit. Duration can be extended by 7 seconds(half a melee) for every subsequent melee that the target is kept bombarded by the strobe attack until their eyes manage to adjust.
Even with optical protection, opponents approaching from the front are -3 to strike in combat(-5 to strike if using optical amplification devices like telescopic optics or night vision gear), and -2 to parry/dodge incoming melee attacks from the Anhurite.

-Summon & Control Felines----This is actually just a radio summoning of other feline-themed robots.

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian skill programs, plus:
Boxing
Wrestling
2 additional Ancient W.P.s of choice
Plus, Secondary skill advancement as standard for EShemar. 

Experience Table: Upon becoming an Anhurite, the EShemar uses the Dragon XP table to chart further advancement.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 2
Dodge +2
Parry +4
Strike +2 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +3
Disarm +1
Retain Balance +4
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 5d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Claw Pry/Tear 4d6 MD
Plasma Claw Strike(2 attacks)
Bite 1d6 x10 MD
Kick 5d6 MD
w/ Footclaws 6d6 MD
Running Leap Attack(Uses all but one attack that melee and must be declared at the beginning of a melee) 2d4x10
Stomp 3d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 4d6 MD
Full Speed Running Ram/Tackle(3 attacks) 2d4x10 MD
Tail Lash 2d4 MD

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Priest

Some Warmount Variants:

* EcoS-K-162 Wyvis
“Laidis Roost, Windmapper-oh-one coming in on a one-six-two-cee with a psych-med emergency aboard. Patient is human, un-auged, suffering from psychic suicide imperative. Currently restrained in med-pod and under sedation. Request trauma team upon landing. “

* EcoS-K-162C----(aka ‘Weighty’)’Pack Mule’ variant of the Wyvis; the saddle has been pushed slightly more forward and an extra section of body has been added aft of the saddle to allow for an internal cargo compartment. The added length also allows for the addition of an undercarriage hook mount and side panniers.
Besides carrying cargo, the internal cargo compartment has proven convenient for carrying Life Pods similar to those available to the EcoS-K-131 Acesophibian. Up to two of the 8 ft tall medical pods can be carried upright in the internal storage compartment.
The EcoS-K-162C is commonly used as an emergency response and rescue unit as well as a popular exploration warmount, as its cargo capacity allows it to carry supplies and equipment for extended field missions.
Changes/Modifications:
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 460
Length: 25 ft main body
Weight: 1.8 tons
Cargo: Internal cargo compartment roughly 8 ft high x6 ft long x5 ft wide.
Can carry two cargo panniers on the sides as well as another two underslung.
Speed: (Flying) Fully loaded, reduce maximum flying speed by 25%

“All that thermal weaponry packed on your bird? What if your opponent is immune to plasma and heat?”
“Then I go hand to hand and tear them apart -personally-.”

*EcoS-K-162Br----(aka ‘BurnBird’) BloodRider variant. The EcoS-K-162Br appeared in the ranks of Blood Rider units unable to acquire or build Lavoenixes, but able to acquire the templates for the Wyvis from the Hawkmoons. The crimson-armored BurnBird makes slight improvements to the Warmount’s FIREpower with the addition of several plasma weapons, such as head-mounted plasma cannons and the replacement of the wing lasers with plasma ejectors. The extra power and plasma is generated by a supplemental power cell and plasma furnance in a small armored hump behind the rider’s saddle.
Changes/Modifications:
Speed:
Flying: Engaging the plasma thrusters will rocket the EcoS-K-162Br up to 520 MPH, and boosts altitude to 16,000 ft. Can typically engage the plasma thrusters for only three hours before needing an hour to cool down.

Systems of Note:
* Thermal Shielding--- Modifications to the EcoS-K-162Br’s skin and cooling systems allow them to takeonly HALF damage from heat- and plasma-based attacks. A more resistant skinning was considered, but rejected in favor of economy.
Weapons Systems:
2) Wing Plasma Launchers----The triple-barreled lasers on the ‘thumb’ mounts of the wings have been replaced with plasma projectors that can fire plasma streams, scattershot or plasma bolts that explode with an area of effect.
Range:(Plasma Stream) 1,500 ft
(Scattershot)1,000 ft
(Plasma Bolt) 700 ft
Damage: (Plasma Stream)5d6 MD per blast
(Scattershot)2d4 MD to a 30-degree arc(or roughly 15 ft wide area)
(Plasma Bolt)1d6x10+4 MD and explodes in a 5 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Standard

8 ) Head Light Plasma Projectors(2)---Rather than mount a mouth plasma ejector, the EcoS-K-162Br mounts two small plasma ejectors on either side of the mouth. The Blood Riders decided to adopt weapons adapted from the Coalition State C-27 Light Plasma Cannon over the bulkier and less powerful plasma ejectors that have been the standard modular Shemrrian Warmount accessory weapons since the first-gen. As the C-27 is a cruder copy of the NEMA PR-470 already in production for the EShemar militia, the savings in weight, plus the improvements in damage, over the pod-weapons, is considered a step up.
In the alternative, some BloodRiders have replaced the C-27s with copies or scavenged C-29s, or have installed EShe-NPR476 "Volcus" Plasma Cannons, complete with the mini-missile launcher, for added firepower.
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD per blast, 1d6x10+12 MD for both cannons firing simultaneously

9) Claw Plasma Blasters---The foreclaws can be modified with palm blasters, in this case plasma projectors, allowing the claws to shoot gouts of plasma. The plasma can also be more slowly bled through heat-resistant palm pads in the claws, giving the EcoS-K-162Br a ‘fiery touch’. BloodRiders assigned to EcoS-K-162Brs have also been known to use these claw-palm blasters as retro-jets, sharply decelerating the Warmount in forward flight(+5% to piloting rolls involving deceleration/braking maneuvers).
Range: 200 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per blast, or adds +2d6 MD to a claw strike

10) Plasma Wing Thrusters/Ejectors(6, 3 each wing)---The Blood Riders further modified the already complex wings to incorporate hollow spars to conduct and project plasma, similar to the tribe’s Kometa Elite. Besides being usedto scorch ground targets, the plasma thrusters can be used to boost the warmount’s flying speed.
Note: These weapons CANNOT be used in the same melee as either the wingtip projectors or the claw blasters, as they draw power from the same source(and, in the case of the wingtip projectors, plasma, which is generated in the same chamber).
Range: 800 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per single blast, 8d6 MD for a double blast, and 1d8x10 MD for all three ejectors on a wing firing on the same target at once.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:52 pm

Priest

Variants:
*EcoS-K-42 Nechbet

“This one’s not for the Valkari, not just yet. Plug that hole in her gut, I’ll hook up the fluids and we’ll get her into stasis for transport back to camp.”

*EcoS-K-42Sm---(aka ‘Albatross’)---The Silvermoons’ version of the vulture-like Valkari warmount has been formatted as a flying ambulance assigned to the Silvermoons’ growing taidana medical corps, in response to the growing prestige of the Blood Riders’ combat medics. The EcoS-K-42Sm sheds the Nechbet’s ominous scavenger appearance for one more akin to an albatross, and the black stealth body skinning for a white and silver(and laser-reflective) sheathing. The EcoS-K-42Sm also incorporates a light forcefield generator providing extra protection. The beak is longer and more rounded, holding ground sensors for detecting life signs. The EcoS-K-42Sm’s back is somewhat broader, to accommodate a three-person paramedic ‘jumper’ team, or extra life support pods. Typically EcoS-K-42Sms are deployed in service flocks of 1-4, with one or two Nechbets as scouts(and ‘tithers’ looking for additions to the Tribes), with a EcoS-K-45 Cyroc as a ‘mothership’ carrying a deployable field hospital/aide station module.
Changes/Modifications:

1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-2 passengers(typically SAR team members)
MDC/Armor by Location:
Forcefield 200
Weight: 10,000 lbs
Cargo:
Behind the saddle is a broad back deck that can carry up to 2,000 lbs of equipment(typically stasis canisters or medical pods of various sizes, depending on the size and completeness of the bodies carried in them).
Systems of Note:
*Laser Reflective Armor---Replaces the Passive Stealth Design. Lasers do HALF damage.

*Life Scanner---Copies the bio-signature sensors from the PSE-7000 Scanner, only mounts larger and more sensitive passive sensor arrays in the wings and elongated beak. Effective range of 1,500 ft and can detect and pinnpoint life signatures with 80% accuracy.

*PPE Sensor---Works off the same distributed network of passive sensors as the Life Scanner. Effective range of 1,000 ft, but can detect active spell magic at 2,000 ft.

Weapons Systems:
7) Dazzle Lasers---The wings of the Silvermoon ‘Albatross’ are lined with small lasers that play off mirrors in the wings to create an intensely bright aura that can blind anybody looking at it, and bollux laser targeting systems.
Range: 800 ft
Damage: Generates blinding effects similar to the Wilks Blinding Grenade(see Rifts Game Master Guide, pg. 177), blinding victims for 1d4 melees, -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, lose initiative and 2 APMs, afterwards the victims are stricken with blurred vision for another 2d4 melees; -1 initiative, -4 to strike, parry, dodge, and lose 1 APM. Even polarizing optics and eye protection are not able to screen out this attack, and even those in power armor or vehicles with optical protection will lose initiative and 1 APM from the flash. Cameras and optical systems will be temporarily overloaded for 1d4 melee rounds. Laser targeting systems lose lock.

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------