Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

A Fadeback to an Old Xover Gag:

Makoto Kino didn’t know how long she had been trudging after her taller sadistic alien double doppelganger, Makoto-Lita Yggdrasildoter. It was perhaps a sign of how thoroughly HOUSEBROKENhabituated to her new station the former was, after several weeks of behavioral modification, that she was following the latter at all. Following a taller lookalike of yourself who has been effectively holding you and your friends prisoner in an alien dimension not your own is, after all, not the normal expected behavior from an average teenager, let alone a reborn champion of love and justice. It’s even more unlikely when the look-alike is wearing heavy leather body armor while the smaller one is wearing a rubber bikini ensemble. Makoto suspected Stockholm Syndrome at work.
“It’s dark here.”
“Patience, bondsmaiden. We are here to see some friends.”
“All I see is lots of dark shadows” Makoto murmurred, albeit nervously.
“Say hello to your new friends.”
Suddenly the darkness seemed filled with looming things. BIG looming things. Big looming things with glowing eyes. Glowing eyes that just served to illuminate teeth and claws.
BIG teeth and claws.
LOTS of big teeth and claws.
Surrounding the two and getting closer all the time.
“ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”
“hhhhssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttt”
“rlllllllllllllwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllll”
“kkkkkrrrrreeeeeeeeeeklikkliklikliklik”

“AIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!” :eek:
“Get back here.” Makoto-Lita’s arm shot out and hooked her fingers through the back straps of Makoto’s halter top.
To her credit(or hysteria) Makoto was actually able to stretch the tough megadamage fabric about three feet running before the material’s elasticity asserted itself...with predictable results.
#TWANG#
!!!WHAP!!!
*THUD*
“....owwwwww....” :ugh:
“Now, you don’t want to miss your first day of stable duty.”
“...stable duty?”
”Yes. Why else would we be here?”
“ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr”
“hhhhssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttt”
“rlllllllllllllwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllll”
“kkkkkrrrrreeeeeeeeeeklikkliklikliklik”

“...stable duty?”
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

=Added 'Wanderer Eve' to updated Codex under Archie-3 creations.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Coolio... more stuff.
Always good to have others adding to the collection (after all; it IS mega / multiversal setting).
As for the EShemar religeon / Pantheons? :D
What if Amateratsu Okami in wolf/dog form decided to be Patron to the Wolfriders? :love:
Just a thought. :fl:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Has there been much info provided on the E-Shemar pantheon? I can't remember off hand and a lot of pages to go through..
Or do they not really have any deities/holy spirits/messiahs/prophets ??

It's kinda a mess...There's the She-Rahn pantheon, there's the fake pantheon the Toaster set up, there's Ava floating around, there's the Goddess Shemar, there's the E/Shemar who believe themselves ultimately to be the product(and offspring) of human engineering, there's the Sapphire Cobras who see divinity as a trickster manifesting as a SNAKE(possibly with American Indian overtones...some Native American tribes believe snakes are the messangers of the gods, given their resemblance and bite like lightning bolts), there's the atheist/agnostics in the Lost Eclipse and the Ghost Riders(and there's data-worshippers among them), and there's the whole range of beliefs in the Wayfinders from Christianity to Bhuddism to Hellenic(Athena primarily) and other alien beliefs(such as Veranama Sathor, Tane Goddess of Second Chances). I wouldn't be surpised if some of them(especially the Ghost Riders) worshipped Skuld' from the anime 'Oh My Goddess!".
Ask ten different Shemarrians and you'll get at least six different answers, although female deities seem to predominate.

They do agree that kicking the Dark One(ARCHIE-3) and his buddy would be a GOOD thing, and that booting the Splugorth in the cajones* is a NECESSARY thing.

*As well as ripping through any intervening bodily parts to get to them.

and lets not discount the possibility that some of the non-shemarr ecotroz have a god complex..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:Coolio... more stuff.
Always good to have others adding to the collection (after all; it IS mega / multiversal setting).
As for the EShemar religeon / Pantheons? :D
What if Amateratsu Okami in wolf/dog form decided to be Patron to the Wolfriders? :love:
Just a thought. :fl:

Hmm... what if.. while creating a Wolf (possibly an elite version), possible mix (accidentally or on purpose) with the werewolf elite, a larger than normal wolf is created, with high intelligence (basically full sentience) with supernatural type powers, creating a budding wolfpath Deity or patron saint like creature?
taalismn
Priest

As the Shemarrian society grows larger and more diverse, yes, there's going to a lot of divergent branches(or convergences with previously unknown 'real' Shemarrians, or time-travelling splinters) resulting in all manner of new takes.
In that way, the 'new' Shemarrians are going to be as diverse a bunch as the Humanity they consdier themselves sorta related to(or at least closer to than any other species-line). That extedns to their belief systems as well.

And as their power grows, the Shemarrians are also going to attract the attention of various gods and goddesses, wanting a piece of that action. Right off the tomp of my head, Hephastus/Vulcan, who already made two mechanical maidens as his servents, is going to be fascinated by these people, and Athena may already have a few worshippers among the Wayfinders. Artemis might be inclined to entertain listening to the Wolfriders or the Horrorwoods, although the whole technology thing may turn her off.

So yeah, deity-level entitiesd may begin sniffing around the Shemarrians.
If he's not careful, the Toaster-Who-Be-A-God might find himself facing a god-entity or two one of these days. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shaemaria the Light -Bringer already has the Hawkmoon's back. :ok:
LOL...and as for North American spirits / gods; Coyote would definately be intrigued with the Horrorwoods @ Ghostrider.

Yeps, slowly but surely the Pantheons of the Shemar will fill out.
Heck, even "THE Goddes" Shemarr may spontaeneously form from "living magic" (Nightbane; Through the glass darkly for source), the mass consciousness of the Ectroz and elemental fragments gestalting.
*Shrug*
Up to the individual GM.

Oh, and P.S.; just had a crazy thought... a LITERAL Deus-Ex Machina created by the mass of data that the Ghostriders acrue into a self actualizing sentience. :shock:
Ghost Rider data-shamaness: "As the maker created us, so we created The Goddess in-the-web, though she was always there just waiting for us to find and feed her that which she needed to be brought forth; raw information."

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

nik_leonard wrote:Last day a player of mine who have a Godling PC (from nordic pantheon, and wolf motifs), asked me if he can patron the Wolfriders...
EDIT: The problem is that the various pantheons and gods could start fighting about who is sponsoring the Shemarrians, and my actual campaign is (in part) about that, creating new myths and pantheons in Rifts Earth (or Terra, whatever...)

oh goody..and then Spylnn notices.
Splyncryth the great: "MINIONS! ATTEND ME! I have learned something that has given me a megaversal scale migraine. Bring me ten-thousand tylonol... I am going to need them!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:](Nightbane;y ]

Now you have me thinking of some poor sod Nightspawn(or group of them) who acquire Shemarrian-like traits.

New Tribe perhaps? We'd need random roll characteristics tables.

They'd be like the opposite of the Lost Eclipse....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:](Nightbane;y ]

Now you have me thinking of some poor sod Nightspawn(or group of them) who acquire Shemarrian-like traits.

New Tribe perhaps? We'd need random roll characteristics tables.

They'd be like the opposite of the Lost Eclipse....

Sorry :mrgreen: ... My muse has been working overtime lately (compensating for leaving me in the lurch for so long). As per usual though, she's decided to put brainworms into other people at the same time. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

nik_leonard wrote:[
Did the Splugorth were considered as gods, or at least, in the same league as the minor deities?

Given that there are rumors that ISIS was bound to a pyramid in Splynn, I'd say yes, in terms of sheer power. Splugorth are certainly a lot more powerful than some of the old regional gods and goddesses of antiquity.
THat is, if you define 'divinity' by how much firepower you bring to the table.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: Shemarrians and Demons

“Is all that lurking about in the shadows making strange noises and whispering threats supposed to SCARE me? Because all it does is ANNOY me! I can see you perfectly well, and I can hear you perfectly well, and I know exactly WHERE you really are and WHAT you really are, and-”
///ZZZZORRPPHHH///
***GIYEEEEE!!!!!!***
#SQUELCH#
“....Sister, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO SLAY THAT DEMON!!!”
“Sorry, you were taking too long soliloquizing. We got other targets to deal with. Come on, let’s get moving.”

“Confirmed. Demon locusts to the west of the city. Heavy retinue. Coming this way.”
“Goddess curse them! I’d hoped we’d have more time to consolidate our position and pull out survivors. Okay, start pulling back to the beta lines. Evacuate who we can take with us, but no return trips on the shuttles. We leave NOW. As soon as we reach the fall-back, have Final Ruling of the Goddess commence KEW bombardment of the swarm. Then tactical laser artillery on designation.”
Final Ruling confirms. They’re in stationary position and holding, ready to throw rocks.”
“Good. Le’s show those monsters a proper Dark Water greeting!”

One of the few hold-overs from their days of service to the Dark One that the Shemarrians retain is a hatred of demons, partially because of their perceived association with the Splugorth and also because, well, the Shemarrians are righteous demon-stomping champions. ALL the Tribes understand that opposing supernatural evil is in everybodys’ best interests, and they’ll show little, if any, fear about going into combat against the supernatural.
Hawkmoons, Wolf’s Path, Blood Riders, Dark Waters, Horrorwoods, and Skullcrushers generally bring their heavy artillery to bear, typically trusting in volume of firepower to crush their supernatural opposition. Wolf’s Path takes especially savage joy in equipping their various wolves with paranormal sensors, silver teeth and claws, and other additions, and setting them loose to seek out and pack-slay supernatural monsters.
The Lost Eclipse has been known to try to play mindgames with Infernals....they aren't always successful, but the twisted mindgorkery has often left BOTH sides confused enough that the supernaturals have retreated, or at least lost track of their original objective, making for nominal wins. Also the Tribe's (and to an extent, the Sapphire Cobras') predilection for taking over the facilities of various cults and supplanting the worship with their own cults has often netted the two Tribes treasure troves of information of the psychology and weaknesses of various Infernals. Often, attempts to retake such appropriated temples have resulted in defeat, as the new occupants have turned their newly-acquired knowledge on the demons and devyls.
The Silvermoons train and equip themselves as a matter of course to tackle supernatural evil, their signature silver being more than pretty decoration. They also aren’t reluctant to adopt various holy symbols to their iconography, further presenting a fearsome front to the supernatural.
The Wayfinders, in particular, make excellent demon-hunters because of their knowledge of magic, technowizardry, and because so many of them are re-embodied mages and demon hunters. Many incorporate TW systems into their construction, making them even more effective agsinst the supernatural. The downside is that the high PPE ratings and high prevalence of magic artifacts among their number make the Wayfinders natural targets for demons, especially during the Minion War.
Ironically, because they are NOT psiborgs but true A.I.s, the Ghostriders make excellent demon-hunters; their minds cannot be clouded and their souls cannot be targeted by the magicks employed by many demons. The Ghostriders are also not averse to simply drowning their demonic opponents under hordes of lesser robotic minions.
While the other Tribes generally deal with demons on a come-blast-slay-and-leave basis, both the Sapphire Cobras and Lost Eclipse are not above moving in on a demon’s lair, especially if it’s a cult headquarters, slaying the local monster, and then taking over the digs, once suitable exorcism and santization has been conducted. The Sapphire Cobras like to ‘rehabilitate’ the weaker-minded or more innocent of a cult’s followers, swaying them to different beliefs. The Lost Eclipse may simply set themselves up as another shade of demon in order to keep the smart(and self-preservation oriented) people away and lure the demonically-inclined in(to be destroyed).

“Mousey, mousey, mousey, where’s my sweet delicious little mousey? Come out and say hello, my sweet tender little mousey...”
“Go away! I don’t wanna say hello to you!”
“Oh, there you are, sweet little mousey!”
“Go away and stay away!”
“Now, now, that isn’t very nice for a nice little girl to say! Bad things happen to little girls who aren’t polite and obey their elders. Now come on out and let me see you, little mousey!”
“I’m not afraid of you! Auntie Tyla got me a puppy!”
“Oh, ain’t that sweet! You have a li’l puppy! Is it small? Is it soft? Does it SQUIRM? Does it smell GOOD? I’ve always got roo-love for more!”
“Take him out, Jaws.”
-vreet-
#GROWWWWLLLLL#
“...oh shi-”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Posting this on behalf of kronos....The name and introductory funny-blurb are mine, the rest is his work. :D

Shin’tac Pole Arm Weapon

“How’d your duel with the Shemarrian go?”
“She made her point...then she gave me the shaft...then I got the axe.”
“Ouch.”
"At least they got my kneecaps and arm reattached, but the thru-wound's going to itch for a while."

This weapon was created from a collaboration between the Silvermoon and Sapphire Cobra tribes to create a well-balanced multifunction weapon. The main body is a long thick shaft, similar to a large spear, 12 feet in length. At the bottom is a well crafted vibro axe blade, and at the top is another vibro axe blade but on the opposite side of the lower blade. The top blade tapers towards the top to form a point like a large bayonet extending another two feet past the top of the shaft, allowing for both slashing and piercing attacks. The top end of the shaft is actually a variable-frequency and -power laser, allowing it to engage weak opponents, such as S.D.C. creatures up to supernatural creatures or robots. With the variable frequency feature, with the onboard computer to change frequencies quickly, the laser can quickly compensate to deal with laser-reflective armors.
The shaft also has the ability to extend, stretching to a length of 20 feet, not counting the two feet from the top axe/bayonet blade. This allows it to be used as a lance from atop a warmount in charges.
The onboard power source (an e-clip can be inserted into the haft) holds enough power for about 15 shots at the maximum setting, and does have a concealed conduit cable to connecting to a power source. In the hands of a Shemarrian, it draws power through contact with the Shemarrian's hands, allowing it to have a constant energy supply.
These weapons are very popular amongst the Sapphire Cobras and a few Berserker and other melee-oriented members of other Tribes due to its balance and multiple functions as a melee weapon, a reach weapon for mounted combat, and as a powerful long-ranged laser, reducing the amount of weaponry carried. Many Sapphire Cobra Berserkers have created a style of combat centered around the weapon that appears to be quite a graceful dance of whirling slashes and cuts, and quick distance thrusts at foes just out of apparent reach.

M.D.C. of the Weapon: 70
Weight: 30 lbs
Range: (Laser) 2,500 feet
(Axe) Melee; staff is roughly 12 ft long, with the shaft extended adds 8 feet to reach.
Mega-Damage:
(Laser) 5d6 MD, 3d6 MD, 1d6x10 SD and 4d6 SD per blast.
(Top vibro axe slash) 3d6 MD
(Lance Stab) 4d6 MD or 1d6x10 MD when charging at 40 mph or faster. For every 20 mph over 60 mph add +3 damage.
(Bottom axe blade) 4d6 MD slash.
Rate of Fire: Each laser blast, stab or slash counts as one melee attack/action, ECHH.
Payload: (Laser) 15 MD laser blasts from a back-up e-clip. 1 MD blast equals 10 SD blasts. When in the hands of a Shemarrian, the weapon draws power through contact with their hands.
Special Bonuses: A Shemarrian using the weapon can link with it to gain a +2 to strike with the laser. Use W.P. Polearms or W.P. Spears for melee weapon proficiencies.

Variant:
The Silvermoon variant of this weapon is fully chromed in laser-reflective material(laser thus do HALF damage to the weapon), making it not only especially flashy when put through its motions, but allowing it to be used to parry laser beams(albeit it at -6 to parry).
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Posting this on behalf of kronus....The name and introductory funny-blurb are mine, the rest is his work. :D

Shin’tac Pole Arm Weapon

“How’d your duel with the Shemarrian go?”
“She made her point...then she gave me the shaft...then I got the axe.”
“Ouch.”
"At least they got my kneecaps and arm reattached, but the thru-wound's going to itch for a while."

This weapon was created from a collaboration between the Silvermoon and Sapphire Cobra tribes to create a well-balanced multifunction weapon. The main body is a long thick shaft, similar to a large spear, 12 feet in length. At the bottom is a well crafted vibro axe blade, and at the top is another vibro axe blade but on the opposite side of the lower blade. The top blade tapers towards the top to form a point like a large bayonet extending another two feet past the top of the shaft, allowing for both slashing and piercing attacks. The top end of the shaft is actually a variable-frequency and -power laser, allowing it to engage weak opponents, such as S.D.C. creatures up to supernatural creatures or robots. With the variable frequency feature, with the onboard computer to change frequencies quickly, the laser can quickly compensate to deal with laser-reflective armors.
The shaft also has the ability to extend, stretching to a length of 20 feet, not counting the two feet from the top axe/bayonet blade. This allows it to be used as a lance from atop a warmount in charges.
The onboard power source (an e-clip can be inserted into the haft) holds enough power for about 15 shots at the maximum setting, and does have a concealed conduit cable to connecting to a power source. In the hands of a Shemarrian, it draws power through contact with the Shemarrian's hands, allowing it to have a constant energy supply.
These weapons are very popular amongst the Sapphire Cobras and a few Berserker and other melee-oriented members of other Tribes due to its balance and multiple functions as a melee weapon, a reach weapon for mounted combat, and as a powerful long-ranged laser, reducing the amount of weaponry carried. Many Sapphire Cobra Berserkers have created a style of combat centered around the weapon that appears to be quite a graceful dance of whirling slashes and cuts, and quick distance thrusts at foes just out of apparent reach.

M.D.C. of the Weapon: 70
Weight: 30 lbs
Range: (Laser) 2,500 feet
(Axe) Melee; staff is roughly 12 ft long, with the shaft extended adds 8 feet to reach.
Mega-Damage:
(Laser) 5d6 MD, 3d6 MD, 1d6x10 SD and 4d6 SD per blast.
(Top vibro axe slash) 3d6 MD
(Lance Stab) 4d6 MD or 1d6x10 MD when charging at 40 mph or faster. For every 20 mph over 60 mph add +3 damage.
(Bottom axe blade) 4d6 MD slash.
Rate of Fire: Each laser blast, stab or slash counts as one melee attack/action, ECHH.
Payload: (Laser) 15 MD laser blasts from a back-up e-clip. 1 MD blast equals 10 SD blasts. When in the hands of a Shemarrian, the weapon draws power through contact with their hands.
Special Bonuses: A Shemarrian using the weapon can link with it to gain a +2 to strike with the laser. Use W.P. Polearms or W.P. Spears for melee weapon proficiencies.

Variant:
The Silvermoon variant of this weapon is fully chromed in laser-reflective material(laser thus do HALF damage to the weapon), making it not only especially flashy when put through its motions, but allowing it to be used to parry laser beams(albeit it at -6 to parry).

Thanks for the name and the blurb before hand. Still couldn't think of a good name myself. Also this past week been dealing with my flooded apartment from a big storm we had in the GTA on Monday.
taalismn
Priest

Sorry to hear of your flooding problems...I'm fortunate to live on a hillside of a well-forested glacial morraine, so good drainage, quite stable, no sinkholes or mudslides(although one of the great April Fools' jokes of my area many years back was that nearly Rattlesnake Mountain had erupted...aside from the rare forest fire, the area is thoroughly non-combustible and positively NOT volcanic :D ).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Sorry to hear of your flooding problems...I'm fortunate to live on a hillside of a well-forested glacial morraine, so good drainage, quite stable, no sinkholes or mudslides(although one of the great April Fools' jokes of my area many years back was that nearly Rattlesnake Mountain had erupted...aside from the rare forest fire, the area is thoroughly non-combustible and positively NOT volcanic :D ).

We had record breaking rain. Last record was back in 1954, and this beat it by 30something mm

At least nothing important got damaged, except my signed copy of vampire kingdoms. I got it signed while Kevin and crew were in Toronto back in May for Anime North. And I managed to save the old Royal Canadian Air Force flight manual I got from my grandpa before he passed away.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Sorry to hear of your flooding problems...I'm fortunate to live on a hillside of a well-forested glacial morraine, so good drainage, quite stable, no sinkholes or mudslides(although one of the great April Fools' jokes of my area many years back was that nearly Rattlesnake Mountain had erupted...aside from the rare forest fire, the area is thoroughly non-combustible and positively NOT volcanic :D ).

We had record breaking rain. Last record was back in 1954, and this beat it by 30something mm

At least nothing important got damaged, except my signed copy of vampire kingdoms. I got it signed while Kevin and crew were in Toronto back in May for Anime North. And I managed to save the old Royal Canadian Air Force flight manual I got from my grandpa before he passed away.

Did all the descriptions of Palladium Vampires dissolve away from the running water? :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Did all the descriptions of Palladium Vampires dissolve away from the running water? :wink:

Hehe, no.. at least the book is still readable.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

BTW; at some point would it be possible to get an illo of Nerys Nightsunder? :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

DhAkael wrote:BTW; at some point would it be possible to get an illo of Nerys Nightsunder? :D

Some ideas for the drawing,

-Nerys fighting in battle
-Nerys looking off into the distance, a blurry photo in her hand of her time with Hoyt Sparks.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:
DhAkael wrote:BTW; at some point would it be possible to get an illo of Nerys Nightsunder? :D

-Nerys looking off into the distance, a blurry photo in her hand of her time with Hoyt Sparks.

I'll see what I can do...I still have to do and post Patrika Tendii, pre-Rifts cyborg engineering genius/goddess NPC who may have some ties to the Shemarrians... Just when I think I'm finished with the writeups, something else suggests itself; a link here, and a link there, an allusion to this...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:

I'll see what I can do...I still have to do and post Patrika Tendii, pre-Rifts cyborg engineering genius/goddess NPC who may have some ties to the Shemarrians... Just when I think I'm finished with the writeups, something else suggests itself; a link here, and a link there, an allusion to this...

heheh... always a pleasure to make sure your devil hands do not remain idle. :D :ok: :fl:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[heheh... always a pleasure to make sure your devil hands do not remain idle. :D :ok: :fl:

It's like Robert E. Heinlein trying to pull everything he'd done, even his juvenile novels, together into a metaverse.... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Some nice additions. I hope that we continue to see more.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Cal, where are the Chibi Mounts, I want to feed them before we go to the panel"
"They said they wanted to see the Quiserraica preview, then get some swag."
"You let them out! They can't tell the difference between real threats and cosplayers!

Meanwhile:
"Put down the weapon and I'll only eat one hand."

"Rule 63 is in effect, capture females for cuddles."

"Ruckus uses Ravebang, it's super effective."

"Rise my plushie brothers and sisters, and attack."

Happy Comic Con 2013
taalismn
Priest

"Excuse me, but this is supposed to be a HORROR movie screening."
"I'm sorry...it's just that, compared to what I'm used to, this is SO FUNNY!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

The Nightmare's -snrk-
Yeah, most horror movies would be high-comedy. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:The Nightmare's -snrk-
Yeah, most horror movies would be high-comedy. :D

"What we need is more banshee-screaming rocket-powered remote control flying flaming chainsaws."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Scary thought for the day; what if the Shemarrian Star Nation found the Cosmic Forge first? :twisted: :demon:

"Archie? I just got a really COLD feeling run up my spine and into my brain."
"You too, Hagan?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Scary thought for the day; what if the Shemarrian Star Nation found the Cosmic Forge first? :twisted: :demon:

"Archie? I just got a really COLD feeling run up my spine and into my brain."
"You too, Hagan?"

Always a posibillity...but then again I've hardly begun the intro to the prelude to the prologue for the begining of the Minion War (it WOULD help if a certain person with the Intitials K. Siembiada had gotten off their keister and printed Megaverse in Flames when it was supposed to be released...LAST YEAR!) :badbad: so...yeah... :frust:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"Okay...what just happened?! You touched that glowing thingy...WITHOUT my permission, I might add...and ...exactly what happened?"
"Uhm...I think I accidentally created a Goddess...."
THANK YOU.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian ‘Krakaterra’ Male Elite
(aka ‘Hermit Volcanos’, ‘Hotbacks’, ‘Earth-Fathers’ )

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img375_zps9eccf409.jpg

“By the Unnamed Elder Abominations! Where is that plasma fire coming from?! We’ve already lost two assault shuttles! Break approach and get me counter-fire coordinates on those plasma batteries! I want supp-”
---Last transmission of a Splugorth raiding party, somewhere in the Crèche Clouds, Thundercloud Galaxy.

“We Blood Riders are born of the fiery passion of our mothers and the solid patience of our fathers. Our mothers draw their strength from the Eternal Fire of the Wind and Sky, our fathers from the Hidden Fires of the Earth.”

It is said that the Krakaterra is what Vulcars graduate to when they grow ancient. These goliaths take the concept of the Preserver-Vulcar to the extreme. Rather than resemble fumaroles or hot smokers, these giant Male Elite are more on a scale with small volcanos or giant Earth Elementals(indeed, they are often mistaken for the latter). To many unfamiliar with the Shemarrians, they are further proof that the Shemarrians are some strange mix of cyborgs and elemental beings.
Krakaterra resemble massive humanoid volcanos; hunched-over bipeds made of living volcanic basalt and melted slag. Their long-armed and bent-over posture almost makes them quadrupeds and emphasizes their hunchback appearance. Mounted on their backs is a tall conical mound that conceals a constant-cycle fusion generator(it’s possible the Shemarrians copied the design from captured Mechanoid schematics or hardware). Besides providing generous amounts of power to the Krakaterra’s robotic actuators and energy weapons, the plasma system can also vent powerful flares of plasma out through the ‘volcano’, with enough force and range to reach low orbit, making the Krakaterra a potent air defense system.
More on a scale with the Triax Devastators, Krakaterra are truly massive, arguably the largest known Shemarrian caste-class yet identified(rumors of Shemarrian ‘brain ships’ not withstanding). Huge, heavy armed and armored, they are also slow and ponderous. Their sheer size and low mobility limit their value as tactical units, and thus they have almost always been encountered deployed in a defensive posture.
Krakaterra come across like ancient, learned, hermits, content with their solitude and wanting little to be bothered with the petty business of others. They can be consulted on, and they are knowledgeable about, matters of lore and Shemarrian history. Indeed, many ARE veteran Splugorth-hunters who have gone into semiretirement. Despite their apparent stodginess, however, few Shemarrian castes are as perceptive as the Krakaterra. Their slope-sided body shells conceal powerful active and passive sensor arrays, and the ‘earth-hermits’ frequently sit at the heart of extensive sensor webs hidden throughout their territory. Little happens in the domain of a Krakaterra that they are unaware of.
Krakaterras, like Vulcars and Preservers, are typically found guarding strategically-important Shemarrian facilities or geographical chokepoints. They are also frequently put in charge of demolishing captured enemy facilities(such as the razing of Splugorth cities on conquered ex-Splugorth planets). In keeping with their perceived nature as ‘earth hermits’, Krakaterra are often solitary beings, spending their long solitude hunkered down, disguised as part of the landscape. When the need calls, however, they can stand up and stride into battle, virtually unstoppable titans of war. Though largely solitary, they most often work with other Vulcars, Seeresses, and contingents of cyberanimals.
Krakaterra originated with the Blood Rider Tribe, but some have been observed on Skull Crusher and Wayfinder enclave worlds.
No Krakaterras are KNOWN to exist on Rifts Earth. They are mostly found on Shemarrian enclave worlds as part of their defenses.
Type: Shemar Elite Caste
Class: Robot Gynoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 300 each
Arms(2) 1,000 each
Legs(2) 2,000 each
Plasma Tower 1,000
Head 900 .
Concealed Cloak Guns(6) 100 each
Main Body 4,000
Height: 75 feet
Width: 50 feet
Length: 55 feet
Weight: 300 tons
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 75, PP. 24,.
Cargo: It is rumored that many have secret cargo compartments built into their bodies to hold prized personal possessions or important guarded relics; in these cases, the Krakaterra can hide up to 30 tons of gear in various cabinet-sized compartments.
Speed:
Running: 42 MPH
Jumping: Not possible
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 5 MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Radar--Both passive radiation detection and active scanning( 200 mile range)

*360-degree Torso Swivel ---This allows the Krakaterra to swing its upper torso completely around, especially to bring its mighty plasma cannons to bear.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 500 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Thermal Resistant Heat-Refractory Tile Armor---The Elite’s heavy craggy armor plating is based on special heat-resistant materials derived from reentry vehicle shielding. Heat and plasma-based attacks do 1/4 damage.

*Broad Spectrum Jamming----Radio and sensors seem to go wonky in the vicinity of a Krakaterra; the unknowing ascribe this to some sort of Elementally-generated electromagnetic phenomenon---they’re partially correct. The Krakaterra can manipulate and extend its electromagnetic plasma containment field to jam enemy radio and radar, and foul magnetic navigation systems in their immediate area.
-Jams civilian band communications with 98% effectiveness, and military comms with 75% effectiveness, over a 25 mile radius.
-Radar-guided weapons are -6 to strike
-Magnetic instrument-guided navigation is -25% in a 25 mile radius
-Particle Beams do HALF damage

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Plasma Cannon/Torpedo Launcher(1, back)----The ‘volcano’ on the back can expel powerful blasts of plasma. The positioning of the cannon aperture on the back limits the arc of fire; the Krakaterra cannot bring the cannon to bear on targets below 45 degrees of arc, though the cannon’s mouth can tilt 45 degrees from vertical. It is meant primarily as an antiaircraft weapon.
Range: 6 miles in atmosphere, 40 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 40 miles in atmosphere, 4,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Single shot. Three times per melee
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Forearm Plasma Cannons(2)---These are long range plasma weapons derived from starfighter weapons, that throw ‘packets’ of plasma. They do relatively little damage compared to other weapons, but have excellent range.
Range: 1.5 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH

3) Forearm Slag Cannons(2)---These are a variant plasma weapon that uses powerful plasma torches to superheat stone and metal debris suctioned up by the Krakaterra (through its FEET) and expelled as a thick, molten, magma-like material. At close range, the superhot material sticks and burns like lava, while at longer ranges, having air-cooled, the material hits like lava bombs.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD to an 8 ft area, plus 3d6 MD to a 25 ft radius beyond that, at ranges of 1,500 ft or less. Targets struck directly will BURN for 1d4 melees, taking 2d4 MD incendiary damage per melee, before the molten material cools down and solidifies. At ranges greater than that, the ‘lava bombs’ do 4d6 MD impact damage.
There is also a 60% chance of setting combustibles afire.
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Elite carries enough material for 100 shots. Replacing the material stock will take 30 minutes(must be standing still).

4) Concealed Cloak Guns(6)---These are short range lasers or machine guns concealed under sliding shutters in the Krakatera’s rocky ‘cloak’, and are unsheathed to deal with pesky infantry trying to sneak up on the Elite’s blind flanks. They are automated, firing on anything that comes within range(and doesn’t show up as a clear ‘friendly’ on IFF), allowing the Elite to focus on other larger problems.
a) Pulse Laser---Modified Warsteed modular weapon
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10 +4 MD per pulse burst
Rate of Fire: ECHH, or 6 times per melee on auto-fire

b) Machine Gun---Modified Shemarrian Assault Rifle
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single round, 4d6 MD six-round burst, 1d4x10 MD 12-round burst.
Rate of Fire: ECHH, or 6 times per melee on auto-fire
Payload: 500 rds per gun

5)Flame Breath----The mouth conceals a flame thrower.
Range:(Direct-Stream Mode) 230 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flame-thrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire:(Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload:(Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 50 blasts
(Napalm)150 blasts
(MD Fluid) 250 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 250 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 400 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).

6)(False Magic)---Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems, the Krakaterra can seemingly cast various spells. Rather than use a PPE generator and technowizardry system, most Krakaterras use technological systems, cunningly formatted to look like magic(though Wayfinder Krakaterras are said to have ACTUAL magic, especially those who were Elemental Warlocks or Elemental Fusionists in their ‘first’ lives).

*Earthquake---Using powerful ultrasonic emitters in its massive feet, the Krakaterra can generate powerful seismic shockwaves through the ground in its immediate vicinity, powerful enough to ripple the earth and knock people off their feet.
Range: 500 ft radius(twice that in sandy and soft soils)
Damage: 60% chance of throwing human-sized targets off their feet/off-balance(lose initiative and 1 APM). Moving ground vehicles (wheeled, tracked, or legged vehicles; NOT hovervehicles) will have to make a Piloting roll at -15% or lose control. Buildings in the area of effect will take 4d6 MD to their foundations.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: Effectively unlimited

*Miasma Cloud---A cloud of acidic vapor generated by the Krakaterra.
Range: 100 ft, and covers a 50 ft area. Cloud can persist for up to three minutes depending on local wind conditions
Damage: Acidic vapor does 1d6 SDC/Hit Point damage per melee of exposure. DOUBLE damage if inhaled.
Payload: 100 applications.

*Cloud of Smoke/Ash----The Krakaterra can breath out a thick cloud of dark particulate vapor. Range of 100 ft, and covers a 100 square ft area. Depending on local air/wind conditions, the cloud persists for 1d6 melees. Those caught in the cloud are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -1 to initiative, while the grit component will do 1d4 Hit Point inhalation damage per melee to those without respiratory protection. 100 applications.

*Cloud of Protection---The Krakaterra can belch out a thick cloud of white ash that seems to catch and reflect light like a very thick fog. In reality it is a very fine laser-reflective chaff cloud made up of fine mica-like flakes suspended in the air. Range of 100 ft, and covers a 100 square ft area. Depending on local air/wind conditions, the cloud persists for 1d6 melees. Those caught in the cloud are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -1 to initiative, while the grit component will do 1d4 Hit Point inhalation damage per melee to those without respiratory protection, and lasers will do HALF damage in the cloud. 60 applications.

*Circle of Flames---With a wave of its massive arms, the Krakaterra can seemingly summon a circular pattern of leaping flames. In reality, it is spraying a fine mist of long-burning incendiary chemicals. Range of 50 ft, flames do 1d4 MD per melee and burn for 2d4 melees. 90 applications.

*Extinguish Flames---With equal panache, the Krakaterra can cause flames in its vicinity to go out. In reality, this is nothing more than a concealed fire extinguisher, pumping out a colorless, odorless, inert gas that suffocates combustion. Range of 80 ft, 90 applications.

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian skill programs, plus:
General Repair and Maintenance 90%
Trap Construction 85%
Excavation 85%
Masonry 80%
Blacksmithing/Metal Working 85%
Lore: Shemarrian 90%
Surveillance Systems 98%

Plus, Secondary skill advancement as standard for EShemar.

Experience Table: Upon becoming a Krakaterra, the EShemar uses the Dragon XP table to chart further advancement

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 4
Dodge +1
Parry +4
Strike + (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +4
Pull Punch +5
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Karate Kicks are NOT possible
Restrained Punch 2d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 1d8x10 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 3d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Stomp(objects 12 ft tall or shorter) 2d6x10 MD
Kick 6d8 MD

Options:
*Forcefield---Heavy starfighter-grade forcefield with 1,200 MDC

*(False Magic) Magma---In reality a pool of thick, viscous, napalm-like thermal chemicals poured onto the ground(or deployed from pre-planted mine ‘bladders’ buried in the ground), or oozed from vents on the body of the Karakaterra(the Elite takes NO damage from this material, making this a good weapon to use on enemies who manage to scale the body of the giant cyberoid).
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 90 ft square area
Damage: 4d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee/contact for 2d4 minutes. It can also set adjacent combustibles aflame, resulting in wildfires and spreading property fires.
Payload: 50 applications from a concealed tank

*(False Magic) Quicksand----This is really an application of an invisible focused sonic beam that vibrates the surface layers of soil and causes a ‘liquefaction’ effect similar to that seen during earthquakes. This causes the top 12+2d6 inches or so of soil(cannot be pavement or packed rock) to assume a mud-like state that cannot support weight
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 60 ft square area
Damage: Victims sink into the softened earth...Reduce Speed and bonuses to dodge by HALF.
Rate of Fire: The affected area maintains its liquid state for only as long as the sonic beam is directed on it.

*(False Magic)Sandstorm---This is simply a cloud of industrial-grade abrasive grit sandblasted at opponents
Range: 120 ft and covers a 50 ft area.
Damage: Does 1d4 SDC per melee sandblasting damage, victims caught in the ground lose initiative, 2 melee attacks, and are -5 to strike, parry, and dodge while caught in the cloud of stinging, flying abrasive grit. Hearing range and bonuses are reduced by HALF due to the roar of rushing air and hissing grit.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee; each melee of use uses up one application of grit.
Payload: Enough stored grit for 100 uses. The Krakaterra can grind up additional grit to replace its stocks(takes about 10 minutes to fine-grind enough for a single use).

*(False Magic) Wood to Stone---This is the application of specialized nanites that assemble tough silica fibers and platelets throughout a piece of wood. It is typically used to fortify positions.
Range: Touch(the Krakaterra’s hands inject the nanites directly into the wood)
Damage: A single dose reinforces a cubic yard of wood with 20+4d6 MDC
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but each dose will take 1d6 minutes to fully ‘cure’.
Payload: 100 applications

*(False Magic) Rust---This is simply the application of specialized nanites that break apart metal, same as the metal-dissolver nanites used in Japan.
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 10 ft square area
Damage: Reduces the MDC of metal-based body armors and light power armors by HALF, heavy power armors and light vehicles by 30%, and heavy robots and vehicles by 10%. Damage takes 4 melees/1 minute, and is obvious by acute discoloration and flaking of the armor. Other effects identical to those of the Japanese nanites(which they were probably based on to begin with).

*(False Magic)Mend Stone----This simply sprays an area of stone with a fast-setting mixture of constructor nanites, quick-dry polymers, and MD cement.
Range: Touch(the Elite’s hands spray the nanites directly onto the stone)
Damage: Can effectively DOUBLE the SDC/MDC of 80 lbs of stone/concrete per dose, or can pump SDC stone with 5d6 MDC per 80 lbs of material
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but each dose will take 1d6 minutes to fully ‘cure’.

*(False Magic) Create Coal---This is simply the dispensing of a bitumen-based chemical that solidifies into a glassy, anthracite-like material that burns like coal when ignited. This ‘spell’ is frequently used to hand charity out to those under the Shemarrians’ protection or to supply splinter adventurer parties. A simple chemical analysis of the ‘coal’ will quickly reveal it isn’t, but is instead a more exotic hard flammable plastic resin.
Range: Touch; the Krakaterra seems to ooze a tarry black liquid that solidifies in its hands.
Damage: None. However, each lb. of ‘coal’ can burn for 7d6 minutes
Rate of Fire: Up to 20 lbs of coal-like material can be produced per melee. The material, once dispensed as a tarry liquid, solidifies in seconds.
Payload: Up to 2,000 lbs of material can be produced before needing resupply
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Shemarrian ‘Krakaterra’ Male Elite

Ooooh.. And elite among the elite. I like this spin.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Shemarrian ‘Krakaterra’ Male Elite

Ooooh.. And elite among the elite. I like this spin.

Uah...diversification. Plus I really wanted to do a honking big cyberoid... :twisted:
Art for it will be up on Monday... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hooray for molten metal munitions. I'm working on something that comes after the Minion war, and involves Elder races refugees, the outer worlds of the solar system, and smashing the face of a Lord of Entropy with a Cosmic Forge.

Lots to do...
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Hooray for molten metal munitions. I'm working on something that comes after the Minion war, and involves Elder races refugees, the outer worlds of the solar system, and smashing the face of a Lord of Entropy with a Cosmic Forge.

Lots to do...

Likewise...I'm doing art work for a friend(who's promised to compensate me for my time), but I've also got a week-long vacation coming up in another week, which means time off from daily interneting, computer-writing, in favor of lounging on a porch, reading, and actually TALKING with people(without them whining about how slow the internet is and why I'm not doing anything about it? Oh yeah, and watching fireworks. :D 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Could you please go into detail as to why the Hawkmoons hate Hoyt Sparks's guts?

Also, what role to the Eshemar play in Harmon Sparks (Hoyt's school principle copy) school?
I will do a write up of the AIML (Alliance Institute for Megaversal Learning)
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Could you please go into detail as to why the Hawkmoons hate Hoyt Sparks's guts?

Also, what role to the Eshemar play in Harmon Sparks (Hoyt's school principle copy) school?

Have to ask DhAkael about that; the expanded Hawkmoons are his Tribe of Choice, and to which he is Secret Santa and Invisible Patron Spirit. I suspect, though, it may have something to do with Hoyt's earlier 'torture for fun' stunts.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Could you please go into detail as to why the Hawkmoons hate Hoyt Sparks's guts?

Have to ask DhAkael about that; the expanded Hawkmoons are his Tribe of Choice, and to which he is Secret Santa and Invisible Patron Spirit. I suspect, though, it may have something to do with Hoyt's earlier 'torture for fun' stunts.

Read up on the EShemarr Hawkmoon tribe; it's pretty clear the reasons they (especially the Celestials) would have found Hoyt's actions... objectionable. 8-)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

You can torture Splugorth, you can rough up and play mind####ery games with known/new enemies of the Shemar that you catch in the act...You CAN'T go hunting somebody, especially cross-dimensional, to torture them just because you CAN.
The Hawkmoons tend to be sticklers for honor like that, and even the Lost Eclipse limits its brutality to ENEMIES.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hoyt does regret his actions, as those on the "list of fictional malevolent female in need of unsavory repeated un-aliving." posed no threat at the time. He fears what he is still capable of, yet knows trying to justify any of his past actions will only make things worse. This is part of his self reflection, is the Megaverse better off without him or can he make it better?

As part of his exile on Titan, he asked ZOT and Interdee for aid in constructing a retreat/prison to hold him. With their aid, escape is unlikly. A gargantuan blocky, manta ray- shaped facility sits silently in a remote area of the moon, guarded by 9 by 9 (81) robots of unfamiliar design, to keep in Hoyt. Only two keys, one designed for Paladin Steel/GNE and one designed for the Eshemar, can open the prison, only when used together.

Also what alignment would Hoyt be?
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:

Dunno...at what stage of his rehab would you say he is. He seems to have yo-yo'ed, though at WORST I's say he was an pretty insane Aberrant, maybe shading into Miscreant...Though he aooarently designed some pretty heinous stuff, he apparently did it for purposes of scientific curiousity or because he got caught up in the rush of creating stuff, not a desire to rule the universe or destroy all life.

Compare to the men of the Manhatten Project, who were arguably men of great principle, but who developed the atomic bomb(Japanese would describe them as reckless and diabolical warmonging mad scientists) or Verner Von Braun, who worked arm in arm with the Nazis, but who managed to jump ship and become the core of the U.S. space program, especially its Moon program.

Then look at, say, the Operative from the movie Serenity; perfectly willing to cold-bloodedly kill failures, track down and kill everybody associated with Malcolm Reynolds to deny him assistance, and a true believer in his cause, because he figures his sin is necessary to shield, protect, and create the perfect society he hopes will succeed him(he gets his moralistic teeth kicked in, HARD.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:

Dunno...at what stage of his rehab would you say he is. He seems to have yo-yo'ed, though at WORST I's say he was an pretty insane Aberrant, maybe shading into Miscreant...Though he aooarently designed some pretty heinous stuff, he apparently did it for purposes of scientific curiousity or because he got caught up in the rush of creating stuff, not a desire to rule the universe or destroy all life.

Compare to the men of the Manhatten Project, who were arguably men of great principle, but who developed the atomic bomb(Japanese would describe them as reckless and diabolical warmonging mad scientists) or Verner Von Braun, who worked arm in arm with the Nazis, but who managed to jump ship and become the core of the U.S. space program, especially its Moon program.

Then look at, say, the Operative from the movie Serenity; perfectly willing to cold-bloodedly kill failures, track down and kill everybody associated with Malcolm Reynolds to deny him assistance, and a true believer in his cause, because he figures his sin is necessary to shield, protect, and create the perfect society he hopes will succeed him(he gets his moralistic teeth kicked in, HARD.

Well, Hoyt was considered light Miscreant before his "reeducation" by Interdee at the end of the hellcola lake incident. His slow spiral may have started with his inexperience of mind uploads, temporal gaps, and mind digitization. But he is definitely in the scientist camp, making things for curiosity and the rush of inventing or perfecting a new technology. His big discoveries often go like this:

+I wonder if I can make this.
+Wow, I created it.
+This seems real dangerous if used improperly.
+"Gives discoveries and data to Alliance to figure out what to do with it or how to re purpose it."

Other people want to control or destroy worlds, Hoyt's too busy making or discovering new ones. He has principles which he uses to guide his quest for knowledge and when to turn that Mini-Dyson sphere into a battery for powering a series of animal hospitals/ shelters. Sure he make items of terrible power, but so he can re purpose them for near miracles, better understand them should the Alliance face them, and give a puppy Fenrir a belly rub. In short, his job is to turn cataclysmic frowns upside down.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:[

Well, Hoyt was considered light Miscreant before his "reeducation" by Interdee at the end of the hellcola lake incident. His slow spiral may have started with his inexperience of mind uploads, temporal gaps, and mind digitization. But he is definitely in the scientist camp, making things for curiosity and the rush of inventing or perfecting a new technology. His big discoveries often go like this:

+I wonder if I can make this.
+Wow, I created it.
+This seems real dangerous if used improperly.
+"Gives discoveries and data to Alliance to figure out what to do with it or how to re purpose it."

Other people want to control or destroy worlds, Hoyt's too busy making or discovering new ones. He has principles which he uses to guide his quest for knowledge and when to turn that Mini-Dyson sphere into a battery for powering a series of animal hospitals/ shelters. Sure he make items of terrible power, but so he can re purpose them for near miracles, better understand them should the Alliance face them, and give a puppy Fenrir a belly rub. In short, his job is to turn cataclysmic frowns upside down.

Yep....sounds like "Oops, I created a way of cheaply producing anti-matter...oh dear, people might use it as weapons! I'll turn it over to more ethical authority in hopes they'll judge justly to find a way to use it safely!"
Authority: :"Wonderful, but if we start churning out anti-matter by the megatonne, other people will learn of it and either attack us first before we stockpile a lot of it, or they'll eventually steal the secret for themselves and we'll have anti-matter everywhere going ' boom'...we better sit on this, but keep it under our seats just in case we face extinction and need to pull out all the stops to save ourselves."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Heading off on a brief seven-day vacation.
Canonically, I'm taking a trip up through Bloodrider territory, visiting the ruins of Boston, then down to cross monster- and Horune-infested waters to the dubious safety of islands that may or may not be there(in/out of phase).
Later! :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Dear Hawkmoons,

I give up; I realize that my actions have caused all manner of suffering, and I would like to make amends. Attached to this note, are all my files on your tribe and all the plans I had to deal with you, just in case. I refuse to allow my existence to compromise the unity of the Eshemar tribes, much less the Alliance. I have decided that you will get a key to my prison, because you see me to my confused, tormented core. I cannot be trusted with so much power and influence, so after the Minion War passes, I will implode my prison at a set date and time, unless both keys are used to free me.

Some of my recent friends would see our conflict as a wound in the Alliance, and your tribe as an anticoagulant. Instead of both parties working to heal the wound, it is allowed to bleed and fester, risking the whole body. Whatever you decide, know that I am sorry for my actions.

Hoyt Sparks

P.S. I realize it is a long shot but are there any ways to regain said honor?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shemarazahd Firemane (Col-Taros; Hawkmoon Tribe); *putting down the letter* "Is he familiar with a certain Humae male by the name of Herecles and his 11 labours?" :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

DhAkael wrote:Shemarazahd Firemane (Col-Taros; Hawkmoon Tribe); *putting down the letter* "Is he familiar with a certain Humae male by the name of Herecles and his 11 labours?" :angel:

Name them and Hoyt will make it happen.
taalismn
Priest

Either a case of too much rum on my vacation, or too LITTLE rum:
Noticing that the Methodist Campgrounds Tabernacle just up the street from where I was living was designed by a J.W. Hoyt(who also built summer cottages)...and was at one time the largest iron truss structure in the world... :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”