Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Dumb idea...maybe a cliche, maybe a creepy warm and fuzzy...

James T's and Lord Frommalaine's shared personal history includes a nameless woman who was also experimented on at James T.'s direction. The account states that the woman died of the experience,

Now, ARCHIE-3 might not throw stuff out(James T. being the exception, and ARCHIE-3 tried to remedy that later), so he recycles the organic parts(brain in jar, that sort of thing), and he stores all the data gathered(like a fastidious bureaucratic techno-nazi).
Now later, with the change in 'idea-guy' management he uses some of that data in the Shemarrian project. Later still, he uses some of the organic parts in his various cyborg prototyping experiments, including imprinting new behavioral patterns on 'old' organics. Cue the med-bots raiding the brain jars for experiment media.
So, you see where this is going? 'Jane Doe, Brain #84*%5675587' gets recanted and remade as a Shemarrian-related test article, subsequently escapes with one of the raids in the Shemarrian Civil War, maybe one of the Bedlam raids. Cue amnesiac with little or no memories of who she is/was, an experimental body frame, wandering into the Shemarrians, Gets adopted, maybe rebuilt, goes on adventures.
Wanders into Finton on a hunt or a trading expedition, thinks the place looks familiar, Meets Frommalaine, thinks he looks kinda cute for a monstrous amassing of technowizadry bionics. Starts diverting every time she's in the area, just to say 'hi'. Starts looking at steel mesh lace lingerie. Runs into James T. Starts looking into stilleto heel clogs with real stilletos and 'meat tenderizer mallet' soles. Frommalaine starts blushing. James T. starts screaming.
Warm Fuzzies :hug: . Clanging. :heart: Diabetics go into sugary shock.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Wanders into Finton on a hunt or a trading expedition, thinks the place looks familiar, Meets Frommalaine, thinks he looks kinda cute for a monstrous amassing of technowizadry bionics. Starts diverting every time she's in the area, just to say 'hi'. Starts looking at steel mesh lace lingerie. Runs into James T. Starts looking into stilleto heel clogs with real stilletos and 'meat tenderizer mallet' soles. Frommalaine starts blushing. James T. starts screaming.

Dwaaaahhh... datz so coot!

Don't forget the matching MDC his & hers chainsaws when they DO get James T. to themselves on the honeymoon. :demon:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Wanders into Finton on a hunt or a trading expedition, thinks the place looks familiar, Meets Frommalaine, thinks he looks kinda cute for a monstrous amassing of technowizadry bionics. Starts diverting every time she's in the area, just to say 'hi'. Starts looking at steel mesh lace lingerie. Runs into James T. Starts looking into stilleto heel clogs with real stilletos and 'meat tenderizer mallet' soles. Frommalaine starts blushing. James T. starts screaming.

Dwaaaahhh... datz so coot!

Don't forget the matching MDC his & hers chainsaws when they DO get James T. to themselves on the honeymoon. :demon:

Don't you love it when you can take a twisted evil off-camera act and minor melodrama meant to establish a background of angst, anger, and character nastiness and turn it into a scientifically implausible and karmically-stretching-it-the-the-universe's-breaking-point twisted little sweet romance?

Yep, instead of Halloween, the town of Finton has a yearly 'James T. Day'(or rather 'Bastard JT Day')...of course, in the early days of this tradition, they didn't burn an effigy.... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

MORE Twisted Crossover Silliness:

(Establishing shot: two Male Shemarrians doing general maintenance aboard a Shemarrian starship)
”So what’s the story with the Scout team? What did they find on the other side of that rift?”
“Would you believe it, they found themselves? I mean, they encountered a version of themselves. Alternate history type thing. Magic-using fleshies. They got attacked almost as soon as they came through. MIsindentification or misunderstanding or some such. Kicked their behinds seriously.”
“Who? The Scouts?”
“No, their alternates got taken down hard. That’s why the team came back with twice as many people as they left with.”
“So, are they prisoners? Re-locatees? Conversions? Target practice?”
“More of a bondsperson type deal, I hear. Period of service before they get paroled. I heard one of the blondes say they’d be using the indentureship period to ‘correct some bad habits’, and ‘properly instruct in how NOT to ruin their image-reputation’, before she dragged her double off to the artillery range.”
“So that’s what the Blood Rider priestess was doing with a shorter version of herself when she went into that cabin over there!”
“Hah! She’s a Blood Rider! They’re so incredibly competitive, I’ll bet she’s putting her ‘other’ to the test in some competition to see who’s the best! Simulated combat or something similar-”
#SLAM!#
The two Males were suddenly aware they were no longer alone in the corridor.
Their optical sensors caught an impression of a cloud of long dark hair, wide open purple eyes, lots of pale skin, long legs poised to leap and sprint-
“TASUKphmmfff!”
-Then a long copper-skinned arm in a fingerless red glove snaked around, clamped over the mouth in mid-yell, and dragged the pale figure back into the shadows of the room.
“And just where did you think you were going, my little ember? We’re just getting started here!”
*”hmperfff!!!”*
#close#
:shock: “....”
:shock: “....”
“...okay, believe it or not, but of all the possiblities and probablities I considered when I made my previous statement, ‘nude oil wrestling for dominance’ never crossed my circuits.”
error.error.error.error.error.( :thwak: SMACK) reboot. re-initializing. on-line. WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”
“You went blue screen on me. Better now?”
“Better, thank you. Updating now...Were those scratches on the door frame there before?”
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Oh dear gods..you did NOT just go 'Sailor Moon' X-over did you?

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Oh dear gods..you did NOT just go 'Sailor Moon' X-over did you?

I'd popped one up earlier as a joke/gag and suggested the (Real) Sailor Scouts would be -mauled- in an encounter with their Shemarrian opposite numbers, especially if the Shemarrian version of Tuxedo Mask was a ten-foot plus tall artillery cyborg.
But a refresher:
Scout Force Takeuchi:
Consists of:
Silvermoon WarChief
Blood Rider Berserker Psi-Shamaness
Wayfinder Warrior-Scholar(Upgraded Acolite)
Wolf's Path Warrior
Horrorwoods Warrior
Darkwaters Yurei
Darkwaters Seeress
Skullcrusher Berserker
Sapphire Cobra Medusi Priestess

So, yes, this is a continuation of that evil thought, and provides an example of just how bad it gets/got for the Sailor Scouts after facing off against Scout Force Takeuchi.

Just wait...The others are QUITE as bad... :P

And don't act so surprised; you should know by now what depravities I'm capable of(many of the ideas occuring to me while commuting....thus proving the 'Repoman' adage 'The more your drive, the less intelligent you become'...or while dealing with life's other strains and indignities...). Really, shouldn't the Pink Plush Warmount of Doom been a tip-off? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hoyt probable has you beat in crossover madness.

An example, Hoyt would most likely control a sanctioned megaversal ring of capture, clone, release, factories that span all of human fiction. I'll try to post the PS/GNE-Shemar/SSN joint ops research and testing planet this weekend.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Hoyt probable has you beat in crossover madness.

An example, Hoyt would most likely control a sanctioned megaversal ring of capture, clone, release, factories that span all of human fiction. I'll try to post the PS/GNE-Shemar/SSN joint ops research and testing planet this weekend.

:shock: Oh dear god, that's either deployable or techno-kinky, I can't decide which.
Looking forward to it, though, and I'll try to ramp up completion on my WIPs to add to the mixture. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Arguably, Sailor Mars and Sailor Pluto are getting the kinkiest of the indentureships; while Rei Hino is getting wrestled into submission(#SUPPLEX# “Who’s the best!? Who!?”), Setsuna/Pluto is currently wrapped up in snakes while getting a full body massage and her brain broken by her Shemarrian opposite number(“Feel those knots of tension in your shoulders and lower back. Have you been this tense for over ten thousand years?””...moooaaannn....”*). Sailor Jupiter is going to get taught dinosaur-survival after a session of shock therapy to keep her from saying ‘sempai’ whenever she encounters a male(“Why, he looks just like my old semp*ZZHHHTTT*-geeeee!!!whimper...”**). Usagi’s being taught how to hold her ground in the face of adversity(essentially her Silvermoon opposite has her cemented in place in a Silvermoon phalanx while some monstrous enemy is charging their position, or artillery is raining down on them. “Remember, don’t fire until you see the whites of their eyes...or, because Memphisonians don’t HAVE eyes...their molars!” “WAAAGGHHH!!! I’m going to DIE!!!”). Sailor Venus is being taught wilderness survival...by being chased hither and yon over a Wolf’s Path preserve world(“Okay, avoided giant direwolves, but still have that sinking feeling ....yep, I’m standing in quicksand...”). Ami IceHellion is teaching Sailor Mercury how to be calm and effective under high stress conditions, including how to play pain feedback Battle Chess and advanced strategic combat simulations*** while the Sailor Scout is under the effects of hallucinogenic gas(“hhhhufffff....I’m a turnip.” “Turnip’s about to lose Manchuria if she doesn’t make a move soon.”). Sailor Uranus is getting the snot beaten out of her as a meatshield in Haruka Spinebreaker’s ongoing feud with a certain Blood Rider NeShemar Berserker(“Here, go soften up that small woman over there! Go get her! I’ll be right behind you.”****). Sailor Neptune is being run through an obstacle course in total darkness and near total sensory deprivation(“A mirror is useless in the absence of light. Elegance outside is meaningless without elegance inside. Look out for that open shaft. Okay, that flailing scream lacked class. No style points for that.”). Hotaru Tomoe is being schooled by her Yurei opposite number in how to properly ninja*****, pick locks, and bypass high tech security systems(”Okay, now today we’re going to crack the personal safe of this ‘Setsuna Meioh’ using only a hairpin and a point singularity projector.”).

*”Why can’t I move my arms or my legs!?”
“Liberal use of cybersnakes.”
“What did you do with my clothes?!”
“Vibro-scissors.”
“Why doesn’t ‘Dead Scream’ work on you?!”
“We’re built to last.”
“Why can’t I move?!”
“Muscle relaxant venom.”
“Why can’t I use my time abilities?”
“Rune staff made from a Temporal Raider.”
“How are you finding all my muscle tension?”
“I know pressure points.”
“Why don’t I hate you?”
”Empathic projection.”
“Why are you doing this to me?”
“Because you really need to relax.”
“Why am I agreeing with you?”
“Because you know I’m right.”

**She was looking at a picture of Thraxus at the time.
This part of her therapy would have unexpected consequences later when several of the Sailor Scouts were allowed along on a 'shopping trip' to Phaseworld and Matako zapped HERSELF unconscious listening to the 'All Naruni News Network and Shopping Channel with Our Host Thraxus', prompting Minako to buy her a set of rubber underwear as electrical insulation.

***-Risk-, the Shemarrian version, based on a Lazlo re-edition of the pre-Rifts game.

****Considering that the BloodRider in question is an amnesiac Ranma(chan) Saotome who hasn’t forgotten a bit of her martial arts, and Haruka Spinebreaker’s opening intro move is to THROW her fleshbag analogue overhand at her rival, it’s less an actual knock-down drag-out fight and more like very painful volleyball.

***** Matching thermal-kinetic camouflage armor outfits. Hotaru looks so -cute- in hers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Unattached

“Oh, Teacher Sora’s a right fine sight, easy on the eyes, if you like your women VERY tall. She teaches the young’uns and some of the old ones too right in all manner of subjects at that little schoolhouse, and she raises some right tasty yams on that little spread of hers. I wouldn’t underestimate her, though, because she IS one them She-mar gals, and she’s got the hardware to prove it. She can drop a bandit a mile away with that there long gun she has tucked away somewhere on her property, and if the bandit has friends, well, she can whistle up her big ol’ steed from the barn. We don’t get many bandits ‘round these parts, though, not since we buried Dirty Larry’s bunch of robbers, or rather what Teacher Sora left of ‘em for us to bury, on the edge of town. Word gets out and around that our school marm kills armor, and the rats start looking for easier pickin’s. “

The Unattached are a tiny minority of free-willed Shemarrians who do not wish to be attached to any one Tribe, or follow any particular philosophy. In this, they may represent the ultimate expression of free will among the Shemarrians.
The reasons for being Unattached vary; some simply can’t cope with the many changes brought on by the Ecotroz Cultural Revolution and Shemarrian Civil War. Others seek to be masters of their own lives, seeking glory and honor wholly for themselves. If one subscribes to the idea that the Ecotroz Intelligence is a conglomerate mass of once-embodied individual beings, then the Unattached might be those misfits and individualists who don’t wish to be part of the greater whole any longer. Others become attached to outside causes and persons that may conflict with Shemarrian society, and follow their hearts.
Foe whatever reason, these Shemarrians drop out of mainstream Shemarrian society to pursue their own personal path. While most are solitary, occasionally one may encounter groups of 2-6 Unattacheds forming their own mini-tribes.
Unattacheds are often confused with Eccentrics who range from Tribe to Tribe trying each on for size and personal ‘fit’. While many Eccentrics are Unattached, not all Unattached are Eccentrics. Unattached may, but rarely, return to a Tribe, but most prefer to follow their own courses.
Inside the borders of the Shemarrian Nation, Unattacheds take a more public presence, often settling within the villages under the Shemarrian Nation’s protection. They may take up the position of local champion, handyman, or mystic. Some take up humble professions, such as farming, blacksmithing, tending orphanages, or schooling the locals. Others become field agents for the Shemarrian Nation, facilitating what trade(mainly in raw materials and occasionally in technologies of interest) teh Nation conducts with outsiders. They may take a local mate or consort and take up residence in the community, eventually blending in, but ever ready to take up arms in defense of their new neighbors.
Being Unattached is both an adventure and a great danger for the Shemarrian. Being Unattached means the gynoid does not enjoy the support and protection of a Tribe, and does not benefit from the many Rites of Upgrade or achievement awards as their Tribal kin. They do not have ready access to Progen and Assembler Forges(this would require going to a Tribe and petitioning for their use, perhaps even negotiating a fee). Also, Unattached make tempting targets for those with an axe to grind or a score to settle against the Shemarrians, or just want to bushwack one of the warrior women for the challenge(and maybe a slave). For that reason, outside the borders of the Shemarrian Nation, Unattacheds often take up hermit-like existences, or remain continually on the move to avoid getting pinned down.
Unattacheds are typically armed and equipped with older-model equipment, or whatever they can salvage/scrounge/acquire from other sources, rather than the newer gear that would otherwise be standard issue to Tribe members. In order to get more up to date Shemarrian gear, an Unattached will likely have to trade for it from a Tribe.
While many in the Tribes look down at Unattacheds with disdain and even contempt, for the most part the Tribes are tolerant of them. Encountering an Unattached, a Tribe may offer them repairs, spare parts for Warmounts and weapons, ‘common domain’ upgrades and modifications(like improved self-repair or software patches), and incidentally use the occasion to try to woo the Unattached to rejoin the Tribes.
And for their part, not all Unattacheds cut themselves off entirely from the Tribes. Most will pass on any and all information they come across that may be important to the Tribes, and offer their homes as waystations and supply caches for the Tribes. They will also sound the alarm if enemies move into Nation territory, and the Tribes WILL respond to calls for assistance from their Unattached kindred. Many remain in constant contact with the Shemarrian Nation via their radio networks, passing on word about local happenings, weather conditions, and other points of interest. To those living within the borders of the Shemarrian Nation, having one or two Unattached Shemarrians taking up permanent residence in their community is a reassurance, a sign that their protectors have a very real presence in the region and an immediate presence in their neighborhood. If something were to threaten the Shemarrian Nation and the Shemarrian people, such as a Splugorth invasion, then the Unattacheds would readily rush to join and support their Tribal kindred in repeling the threat.
Unattacheds are less common, population ratio-wise, in the Shemarrian Star Nation, but there are occasional hermits and loners, most of whom take up residence in remote corners of Shemarrian enclave worlds, on small space stations, or in nomadic spacecraft traversing SSN space. A number of Unattacheds, for instance, have taken up residence in the Central Alliance, where their bionic/robotic nature accords them instant status amongst the cyber-conscious Alliancers.
The majority of Unattacheds are Pariahs, followed by Berserkers, Seeresses and then by Spinsters and Warriors. No War Chiefs, Elites, or War Goddesses are known to have become Unattached.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: The Unattached

SCHWEEETTTTTT!
I figured this would be a logical progression to their freedomhood ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes: The Unattached

SCHWEEETTTTTT!
I figured this would be a logical progression to their freedomhood ;)

Gotta balance the silly and outrageous with the serious and considered. ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

WAS going to have some more stuff with Franky Neuromancer (in gender-propper frame) this weekend for the campign, but St. Murphy roolz; One player got severe sunburn over 60% of her body this weekend (Texas sun; go fig), while another sprained... his THUMB.
-sigh-
Ah well, gives me a bit of time to think up horrible ebil things to do with the ARCHIE-OZ scenario when I CAN get the band in the studio...on the same day...at the same time...SOBER/intact/breathing ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:WAS going to have some more stuff with Franky Neuromancer (in gender-propper frame) this weekend for the campign, but St. Murphy roolz; One player got severe sunburn over 60% of her body this weekend (Texas sun; go fig), while another sprained... his THUMB.
-sigh-
Ah well, gives me a bit of time to think up horrible ebil things to do with the ARCHIE-OZ scenario when I CAN get the band in the studio...on the same day...at the same time...SOBER/intact/breathing ;)

Ah well, I got lots of shiny in the works, plus a few that have me...chortling evilly... :demon:
Pity I'm working extra days this week; might have been able to finish some of the stuff up(with ILLOS) ths week. Well, maybe a posting surge sometime soon. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes:(Shemarrian Star Nation) Chromium Guardsmen of the Silvermoons

“That’s a whole lot of shiny bearing down on us!”

“And so many were the Warriors of the Moon that it seemed as if there were two suns that day; one that shone in the sky overhead and the other shining up from the plains. So bright that it seemed as if the valley had gone molten, the ground white hot, a sea of light. So bright that the warriors of the E’kai could not look upon their enemies without going blind. So bright that their demonic allies fled, fearing the light upon them. None who stood on the Plains of K’lath that day could hide from the light, nor escape the thunder that followed, for the Warriors of the Moon did not bring only light, but thunder and lightning as well. And thus was Host of E’kai struck blind, and struck dead, and broken that day as Silver marched and brought the might of the sky into the land of E’nesh.”
---Escoan Bard describing the destruction of a Demon base at the hands of the Silvermoon Shemarrian Tribe in the Thundercloud Galaxy

Natives of Rifts Earth would be astonished to discover that the Shemarrians of the Three Galaxies have Glitterboys! Specifically the Silvermoons of the Shemarrian Star Nation possess what may be the largest number of Glitterboys outside the Tri-Galactic Military Services’ 5th Armored Division. It isn’t known how many the Shemarrians possess, but it likely tops the thousand-plus range, given the few reports from SSN territory, telling of actions that have observed massive formations of the mirror-armored power armors acting in concert with Silvermoon Shemarrian forces.
How the Silvermoons acquired these suits is unknown, but it’s most likely that they simply manufactured them themselves(seeing as many of the Glitterboys in Rifts North America were manufactured by ARCHIE-3, the designs were easily copied by the Shemarrians when they began taking over A3’s manufacturing complexes. And any new designs they could simply copy from captured salvage or via industrial espionage). The Silvermoons’ ‘Chrome Legions’ are a mix of traditional Glitterboys, Free Quebec designs(especially Glittergirls), and several Triax designs, all slightly modified to the Shemarrian esthetic and the more advanced technologies available to the SSN(all laser weapons, for instance, will enjoy a bonus of 25% increase in range and damage). Handheld shields, with up to 300 MDC, are also common issue to Silvermoon Glitterboys, enhancing the image of ‘shining paladins’.
While the majority of these suits are piloted by NeShemar members of the Tribe, some are Awakened AI conversions.
Though they themselves eschew power armor, the Silvermoons wholly approve of the Chromium Guardsmen for service in their ranks, seeing in the design the same paladin-style mentality they practice; laser-reflective armor, long range fire power, and a philosophy of standing strong, soaking up damage, being seen and not giving ground.
Thus far, there have been no encounters between the TMS’s ‘Golden Horde’ and the Silvermoons’ ‘Chrome Legions’ , but amongst the few military otaku who have become aware of the SSN’s contingent, there’s already been some betting as to who would win in such a contest. Currently, the betting seems evenly split.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-BOOM-
:shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

"Usagi, I know you had a hard time during your 'parole' with your opposite number-"
<"'Hard Time' is right! People were SHOOTING at us! And we STOOD there! And we TOOK it! And I had to because my 'opposite number' WOULDN'T LET ME GO!!!"> :badbad:
"But you're going to have to come out of that armor sometime."
<"Not until you can tell me there's not a threat within ten miles of us!">
"Ah...you have to use the bathroom sometime? Have a bite to eat?"
<"I got a relief system in here, and food and water rations for a week!">
"Okay, so there's a limit to how long you can stay in there. But still, you can't just wander around Tokyo in a twelve-foot tall chrome-armored robot suit!"
<"It's Nihoncon in Tokyo this week. I'll hardly stand out!">
"Just hope nobody asks you 'does that gun really work?'" :roll:
<"Hee-hee.">

Check out the latest Rifter. The Ecotroz Shemarrians are going to be hitting the pet stores again... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

somehow the idea of stuffing the metal guts to a robot into a glitterboy, then zapping the AI brain with whatever bizzare stimuli that make them "wake up"... sounds kinda fun. where can i get one?

...wait... am i one? oh mother of chrome...

:D
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:somehow the idea of stuffing the metal guts to a robot into a glitterboy, then zapping the AI brain with whatever bizzare stimuli that make them "wake up"... sounds kinda fun. where can i get one?

...wait... am i one? oh mother of chrome...

:D

Seen the latest Rifter? The Anthony Lovato article on TechnoWizardry has a cheaper and yo-yo capable spell for Transferring Intelligence, allowing you to go back and forth between being the 'ghost in the machine'(or shell if you want to get geek points) and your fleshbag...or becoming a machine forever.:D
Literally a Glitterboy for a day? Now you can! 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

i don't think i've got any rifter newer than ... 3 years ago. no budget for it, you know? if i scrape up the money, i generally either save it to buy an xmas grab bag, or buy one of the regular worldbooks.

anyway, personally i've never been a big fan of Palladiums 'transferred intelligence'. way too blatently comic-book science for me. since the PPE (which i equate as being a big part of the otherwise undefinable "soul") transfers over with the mind, it moves away from being science and into the supernatural. don't mind spells that can do it, never liked technology that could.
plus the PPE thing and leaving the original body an empty husk way too easily sidesteps the continuity flaw, which would be a very real problem for 'uploaded minds' done via any quasi-pluasible science.

of course, i really wish palladium's AI catagories were a bit less restricted.. right now there isn't a way to deal with a copied mind (where the neural patterns a person are modelled into a digital similation of the brain), or a sentient but not sapient software AI, or any of a dozen other approaches that are being explored in real life... without making the existing 4 existing catagories extremely fuzzy around the edges.

has been making adding those to stuff i'm writing way to complicated in description, because half the fluff is basically 'it's a catagory whatever, but it's really not because it can actually do this and this that that catagory can't do"...
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:i don't think i've got any rifter newer than ... 3 years ago. no budget for it, you know? if i scrape up the money, i generally either save it to buy an xmas grab bag, or buy one of the regular worldbooks.

anyway, personally i've never been a big fan of Palladiums 'transferred intelligence'. way too blatently comic-book science for me. since the PPE (which i equate as being a big part of the otherwise undefinable "soul") transfers over with the mind, it moves away from being science and into the supernatural. don't mind spells that can do it, never liked technology that could.
plus the PPE thing and leaving the original body an empty husk way too easily sidesteps the continuity flaw, which would be a very real problem for 'uploaded minds' done via any quasi-pluasible science.

of course, i really wish palladium's AI catagories were a bit less restricted.. right now there isn't a way to deal with a copied mind (where the neural patterns a person are modelled into a digital similation of the brain), or a sentient but not sapient software AI, or any of a dozen other approaches that are being explored in real life... without making the existing 4 existing catagories extremely fuzzy around the edges.

has been making adding those to stuff i'm writing way to complicated in description, because half the fluff is basically 'it's a catagory whatever, but it's really not because it can actually do this and this that that catagory can't do"...

I've generally regarded them as theatrical GUIDELINES, with the admonition that anything is possible if you can make a really good case for it(and in some cases, that means REALLY good case) such as a really interesting backstory. Of course, if you have some serious science(or commonsense) backing it, that helps the case...not just 'the GM let me get away with it'. A really powerful munchkin(individual, class, or power) can bore me to death, unless he or she has a really well-presented and entertaining background story. THAT I might stand up and applaude.
Thus, a little mental elbow grease, some wielding of the metaphysics hammer, and the Wrench of Duhan, and you get things like...this thread. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:"Usagi, I know you had a hard time during your 'parole' with your opposite number-"
<"'Hard Time' is right! People were SHOOTING at us! And we STOOD there! And we TOOK it! And I had to because my 'opposite number' WOULDN'T LET ME GO!!!"> :badbad:
"But you're going to have to come out of that armor sometime."
<"Not until you can tell me there's not a threat within ten miles of us!">
"Ah...you have to use the bathroom sometime? Have a bite to eat?"
<"I got a relief system in here, and food and water rations for a week!">
"Okay, so there's a limit to how long you can stay in there. But still, you can't just wander around Tokyo in a twelve-foot tall chrome-armored robot suit!"
<"It's Nihoncon in Tokyo this week. I'll hardly stand out!">
"Just hope nobody asks you 'does that gun really work?'" :roll:
<"Hee-hee.">

Check out the latest Rifter. The Ecotroz Shemarrians are going to be hitting the pet stores again... :D

When / IF it ever arrives here. See other threads & posts about the lament there are only 3 (count 'em THREE) stores in all of CANADA that will order in and carry Palladium products.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Edit: minor changes and addendum.

The Wayfinder Electron Spirit-Guides
The Wayfinder Electron Spirit-Guides
“Why is it that I have these voices in my head? Seriously. I'm a human soul inside of a Shemarrian male scout frame; I thought the process of implantation via The Heart got rid of the original digital / analog personality matrix. Yet here I am able to use a military grade ECM suite, hunt, skin and dress game animals PLUS shoot out the eye of a deerfly at 100 yards. What gives? I was just a Technomancer hacker with no prospects of getting any dates on Friday night to D-Bee man, gold medalist biathelete and navy seal, surrounded by amazonian battlebabes who just so happen to house the souls of my fellow mage-guild mates."
"At least I'm no longer ONE of the Amazonian battle-babes. That's gonna take a while to live-down."

~Franklyn "F2@k1yn Nerumomancer"; Technowizard Cyberjacker /Wayfinder male scout.

The most perplexing phenomenon of the Wayfinder tribe is the retention of the skills pre-programmed into the Shemarrian robots. It stands to reason that the Transferred Intelligence process via The Heart would completely overwrite the original A.I.; however this has not been the case. Even the tribe’s founder Tsyldaen Silverstar, who’s will and force of personality should have wiped her gynoid host-body clean of all original code, found that she could access the memories and battle skills of the original artificial mind.

In game terms, any Wayfinder who takes over a pre-existing active Shemarrian body (non-Ecotroz) will gain the skills already present, with the following modifiers.
1: All physical combat skills will be at the transferred individuals’ level +1. Thus a 3rd level character will have Martial Arts and the Ancient WP’s at 4th level. In the case of skill overlap (re; the character already has that skill) the bonus will instead be +2 levels higher.
2: Modern WP’s will be at the transferred characters’ existing level unless there is an overlap, in which case the skills then are 2 levels higher.
3: Knowledge based & physical (non-combat) skills will be at 2 levels lower than the characters existing level (though OCC & IQ skill bonuses do apply), unless there is a skill overlap. In the case of overlap, these skills are considered to be at the same level as the new minds’. Also, if the character is level 1, then the inherited skills are at base (no bonuses even with IQ and / or OCC bonus) unless there is an overlap.
4: Previous experiences of the gynoid / android may occasionally enter into the consciousness of the new soul in the way of flashbacks or dreams. Similar to Object Read psionics minus the “see present” (as the new soul is the present experiencer of events) and costs no ISP. Percentage chances are as described under the psionic ability and are at the characters level for probability of recall. This particular phenomenon is subject to GM discretion for when a ‘glimpse of the past’ may occur.

*Please note that this only applies to transferred intelligence into already active / programmed Shemarrian frames. Bodies created from nano-factory modules have no pre-existing “mind” so it is just the skills of the implanted character. Wayfinder Shemarrian “born” via Progen are of course given the base sill-set of their caste along with tribal specialties (typically lore in magic and other paranormal knowledge).

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

At last count I have FOUR new Warmounts in the works, one new Elite, one submarine, three starships, and the Progen Creation table in the works.
Plus I found an existing Palladium monster that should serve quite well for the basis of one of 89er's Nightmare beasts(mentioned in passing).
Oye...Now if time and thunderstorms will cooperate and allow me to write all this up and finish it. Or inspiration will rise to fill in the specific stat gaps that have proven to be my stumbling blocks.
And there's all those silly little cultural asides, xover misadventures, and spur of the moment inspirations to take into account... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:At last count I have FOUR new Warmounts in the works, one new Elite, one submarine, three starships, and the Progen Creation table in the works.
Plus I found an existing Palladium monster that should serve quite well for the basis of one of 89er's Nightmare beasts(mentioned in passing).
Oye...Now if time and thunderstorms will cooperate and allow me to write all this up and finish it. Or inspiration will rise to fill in the specific stat gaps that have proven to be my stumbling blocks.
And there's all those silly little cultural asides, xover misadventures, and spur of the moment inspirations to take into account... :D

Yup yup.
For the most part I'm avoiding "Stat Spam", as most of the material is easily accessible in the 'Shemarrian Nation Sourcebook'.
And for systems not covered I'll just post links to the other source books used. :D

It's when one is creating something NEW new, that one begins to face the writers block wall :frust:
Warmounts, Spacecraft for the SSN, and some of the more exotic & escoteric weapons... OY! :erm:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[
It's when one is creating something NEW new, that one begins to face the writers block wall :frust:
Warmounts, Spacecraft for the SSN, and some of the more exotic & escoteric weapons... OY! :erm:

Plus I'm working on illustrations for at least three of the Warmounts...that takes time.

But the girls are worth it. :D

<<"Ahhhwww....the fanboy LIKES us...">>
<<"Quiet! I want presents!">>
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

taalismn wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:i don't think i've got any rifter newer than ... 3 years ago. no budget for it, you know? if i scrape up the money, i generally either save it to buy an xmas grab bag, or buy one of the regular worldbooks.

I've generally regarded them as theatrical GUIDELINES, with the admonition that anything is possible if you can make a really good case for it(and in some cases, that means REALLY good case) such as a really interesting backstory. Of course, if you have some serious science(or commonsense) backing it, that helps the case...not just 'the GM let me get away with it'. A really powerful munchkin(individual, class, or power) can bore me to death, unless he or she has a really well-presented and entertaining background story. THAT I might stand up and applaude.
Thus, a little mental elbow grease, some wielding of the metaphysics hammer, and the Wrench of Duhan, and you get things like...this thread. :D

oh, i agree to a point.. i just like a bit more science in my science fiction. :)
as my signature says : "All fantasy should have a solid base in reality." and "Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter."
the third quote is more a reminder to me to get back to work on my various projects. :)

the main thing i dislike about the transferred intellegence catagory, especially the 'technological' version of it, is the transferrence of the soul. i can buy leaving the original body an empty shell. Memory is stored as chemical reinforcement of specific neuron connection patterns. active thought requires chemical interactions between neurons. its not hard to imagine that any technological method that could map those patterns and interactions to the fidelity needed to accurately reproduce them digitally... would probably destroy the original physical version.

but when you start messing with soul... now your dealing with the supernatural, and basically instead of dealing with just technology, your dealing with "magic"... you pretty much have to abandon real science in favor of psuedo-science or outright nonsensical technobabble.

and honestly, even if the soul thing wasn't a factor, the original body becoming an empty shell really limits the roleplay potential. it sidesteps the continuity flaw issue, since you can easily justify that "you are still you" because the old body is no longer a 'person'. where as a 'memory copy', where non-destructive means were used to copy a persons memories and thought patterns to a computer, would result in there now being a flesh and blood one, and a digital you. which is the real you? both would think they are real.. and both would have good reasons to thank that. :)

plus, lets look at a transferred intellegence Ai in the palladium style. it now is supposed to exist in a digital form.

but you can't make a copy of it. digital programs can be copied as many times as there is storage space to hold. for something like a brain simulation, you'd lose any non-backed up accumulated experiential information, basically that particular 'instance' of the T.I.-A.I. would revert back to the state it was when the original program was first activated. since you can't copy a tech T.I. you can't "branch" copies of yourself, to use a phrase from Eclipse Phase. yet this is something that a digital intelligence like a technological T.I. should be able to do, according to how computer programs work. certainly the copies would develop into very different people... but it should be able to happen.

and the other forms of 'smart' A.I. programs in palladium have much the same limits! you can't copy them, just transfer them between computers, so they only exist on a single system at one time. you can't hack them.. basically palladium treats any technological A.I. smarter than a laptop as some kind of supernatural force, not the digital programs they actually are.

it's one of my major problems in writing this kind of stuff.. half the time in the game, its not actually a computer, it's a magic box. :frust:

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

So what? *shrug*
if you can't hack it being beyond science and going into "SCIENCE!" territory, then don't read it, don't play it and don't think about it.
It's simple really. :-?
Some people are not constrained by the slide rule.
Some people do NOT wish to have their fun crushed under 50 pages of calculus and engineering tretises.

Some do. Some just can't get past "But it won't work... scientific real-facts say its impossible so I can't have fun with this."

In regards to the Ectroz Shemarr and the Wayfinder (which, by the way IS a magic box; it says so right on the tin)...too bad. Cuz if one could get past their 'blinkers' then they'd start to really enjoy what Rifts is; which is whacked out "SCIENCE!" Fantasy. Key word that... FANTASY.
This entire thread is awsome squared, and has approval from the author who did the SN:SB, himself.
It's done.
You don't like it *shrug* you really don't have to read any of this thread... honest.
It's okay, no one will think less of you if you just shut this down and go on to a CS debate or a railguns Vs. directed energy weapon debate. I won't tell if you don't. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:[
it's one of my major problems in writing this kind of stuff.. half the time in the game, its not actually a computer, it's a magic box. :frust:

Sounds like a proper description of the human brain....the magic box. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

DhAkael wrote:So what? *shrug*
if you can't hack it being beyond science and going into "SCIENCE!" territory, then don't read it, don't play it and don't think about it.
It's simple really. :-?
Some people are not constrained by the slide rule.
Some people do NOT wish to have their fun crushed under 50 pages of calculus and engineering tretises.

Some do. Some just can't get past "But it won't work... scientific real-facts say its impossible so I can't have fun with this."

i can have fun with palladium's silly limits on artificial intelligence.

but i'd also have fun, probably more fun, given the sheer number of ideas that i already managed to spin off from it, with a more realistic approach.
but palladium doesn't currently support a more realistic approach, in fact it's current rules pretty much prevent a more realistic approach.
and you don't need a treatise on it to use it.. just writers who do the damned research, and who can boil things down to a nice layman's version players can use.

and frankly, other people would have lots of fun with the AI stuff i can think up... but getting it written up is a damn head ache because whoever wrote palladium's rules for AI didn't do the damn research.

i gotta give Taalismn credit.. he does his homework when it comes to tech. and he's good with admitting when he's using "MAD SCIENCE!" rather than real science. the ecotroz can do a lot of the stuff a more plausible digital Intelligence or technologically copied intelligence should be able to do. the fact he had to resort to making them energy beings from another world instead of just rogue software sorta reinforces my points about the problems palladium's approach to computerized intelligences has..

frankly, i don't know why your getting all upset... i'm just giving my opinion relative to something that came up. isn't commentary on this thread at all, just a bit of venting over the difficulties i'm having writing computer stuff for RIFTS.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

GB, I'm afraid you give me too much credit for knowing my tech...a lot of my designs would fly only by application of brute force. :D

But wow! Now I gotta see if I can get a teeshirt declaring "STAND BACK! I'M ARMED WITH MAD SCIENCE AND ARCANE TECHNOLOGY!!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

don't knock brute force.. it worked for the F-4 Phantom and the MiG-25/MiG-31...

not to mention the williams X-jet, AKAthe WASP.\
and i bet you thought the Cobra 'trouble bubbles' were purely fiction?

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

"You know what they call flying soldiers?"
"Mobile infantry?"
"Skeet."
---Schlock Mercenary
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-32 Lepidopterror Warmount
(aka ‘Lepidopteron’, ‘Sundragon’, ‘Skysniper’, ‘Gunnerfly’)

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Image-I-Shemaer.jpg

“The worst tyranny hides its darkness under a facade of authority and benign order. Such tyranny must be exposed to the bright cleansing power of the Light. Let the Light shine over the places of power of tyranny, and let the Light pierce to the darkness! Beware, false ones, for we carry the Light!”
“Translation: ‘Shoot them with lasers until they melt, then keep shooting what’s left until it boils’.”
“Crudely expressed, but true to intent.”
“You’re welcome. Now let’s see how long those scum down there can hold up to your Light.”

The Lepidopterror is regarded by many as on the borderline between being a proper Warmount and a vehicle; despite folding wings, the Lepidopterror is too big to fit in most Warmount stalls, it rarely engages in close combat, is meant primarily for high altitude and high speed operation, and carries crew in an internal compartment. However, the construct is inhabited by an Ecotroz animal awareness, and crew members can ride on its outside, making it a Warmount.
The Lepidopterror resembles a cross between a giant mechanical butterfly and a pterodactyl. An elongated crested head at the front sports a sharp angled beak. Massive shimmering wings actually carry large photovoltaic collection arrays. A long thin tail trails behind. Multiple clawed legs are tucked up underneath the body. Roughly the size of a small or medium bomber, the massive Warmount serves as a high altitude weapons platform, rarely closing to engage in dogfights or close combat.
The primary weapon, around which the Lepidopterror is based, is a head-mounted starship-grade medium laser cannon, mounted for pinpoint surface bombardment. The laser can be powered by the ‘terror’s onboard powerplant, but works at peak performance when pumped by the photovoltaic arrays. This means that the weapon is operated best when the Lepidopterror is deployed with access to a strong light source, ideally broad daylight. For this reason, the Lepidopterror is most often seen flying at high altitude above the cloud layers.
Secondary weaponry consists of an array of smaller point defense lasers and mini-missile launchers. Though not meant for close combat, the ‘terror can slash those who attempt to grapple it with its own razor-sharp claws. Passive defenses include a powerful ECM suite and holographic projectors, in addition to the Lepidopterror’s own modest physical armor(augmented by laser-reflective coverings).
The Lepidopterror is not particularly fast compared to the better Hawkmoon designed aerial warmounts, but the ‘terror is still quite effective as an aerial combatant. In general, though, if operating in contested skies, the Warmounts operate with an escort of faster and more agile combat fliers. At long range, however, the Lepidopterror lives up to its name, being able to savage targets with precise and intense weapons fire, while evading return fire. It will attempt to stay out of an aerial furball by burning its enemies out of the sky at extreme range.
The Lepidopterror had been in development for some time, after the success of the Majestrix, but its design finalization and deployment had been given new impetus with the Skullcrushers’ introduction of their Draxos heavy aerial artillery warmount. Not to be outdone in martial technology by the ‘Grimdark Tribe’ many Silvermoons regarded as their (aesthetic) rivals, the Silvermoons pushed through final development of the Lepidopterror soon after. The Warmount debuted during the Siege of Kermos, where over a hundred new Lepidopterrors deployed from transports and, arrayed in high altitude formation, subjected the Splugorth garrison to a day-long daylight laser bombardment that obliterated further resistance. One observer described the sight of the massed formation of mirror-skinned and rainbow-winged Lepidopterrors as ‘Shining Day’ and ‘one of the most beautiful sights she had ever beheld’.
In addition to its role as a high altitude weapons platform, the Lepidopterror is also deployed as a space station defense fighter, picket patrol, and occasionally as a spacecraft boarding shuttle, in support of Silvermoon space operations. It remains exclusive to the Silvermoon Tribe.

Type: EcoS-K-32 Lepidopterror
Class: Robotic Warmount, Heavy Aerial Assault
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 3 passengers in an internal compartment. Up to eight passengers can ride externally.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 960
Head/Laser Cannon 260
Reinforced Crew Compartment 150
Point Defense Lasers(4) 100 each
Mini-Missile Launchers(2) 100 each
*Wings(4) 280 each
Legs(6) 95 each
Tail Jammer Array 110

*Destroying the wings does not impair the Warmount’s ability to remain airborne(the main body’s anti-grav generators will keep it flying) but will result in a drop in overall performance(reduce maximum speed by 25%). Furthermore, the solar-pumped laser and laser-absorbing abilities will be lost.

Height: 14 ft
Width: 17 ft , w/ 104 ft wingspan(folds to 20 ft)
Length: 68 ft
Weight: 16 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) Fairly waddles on the ground at 25 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 550 MPH at sea level, Mach 1.5 above 12,000 ft, transatmospheric under antigravity propulsion(no altitude limit).
(Space) Mach 10 (Note: the Lepidopterror CAN fly in space without its wings)
(Kitsune Values: 40% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1% of light speed per melee)
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision(able to pick out a postage stamp from 7 miles up), thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Lepidopterror have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Laser Reflective Armor---The body of the Lepidopterror is chromed in laser-resistant material; lasers do HALF damage to the ‘beast.

*EW Jamming---The tail carries the emitters for a powerful EW jamming array system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Lepidopterror. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 10 mile radius(-4 to strike).

*Holographic Projection---The Lepidopterror can deploy a form of ‘dazzle camouflage’ in the form of blinding lasers emitted from its wings, that can blind and confuse optical systems. Optically guided weapons and opponents relying on sight are -3 to strike the Lepidopterror owing to the glare and blurriness(sometimes producing multiple images) of the appearance of the Warmount.

Weapons Systems:
1) Medium Laser(1, Head)---The elongated beak mounts a powerful laser cannon system that can be solar-pumped to even greater damage. A unique power booster system allows the laser to do MORE damage from absorbed solar radiation and laser energy.
Range: (Palladium) 3.5 miles in atmosphere, 7 miles in space
(Kitsune Values) 3.5 miles in atmosphere, 3,500 miles in space
Damage: 6d6x10 MD per blast
If fighting in broad daylight without any sort of shade impeding light intake, the lasers get an extra +5 to damage. In airless space, with no atmosphere to impede solar energy, this gets increased to +10(at ranges similar to Earth and Mars...beyond that, as solar intensity wanes, so does energy absorption).
If the solar array has time to absorb solar energy prior to combat, the lasers get an extra +40 MD(+60 MD in airless space) to damage for every hour of solar absorption(up to a maximum of 24 hours), for the first minute of combat, or get an extra minute of increased damage(at the +10 level) per hour of prior charge-up(Example: the Silvermoons ‘grazed’ their Lepidopterrors on solar radiation in low orbit for 12 hours prior to opening up at the Siege of Kermos. Thus, in the opening melee, each laser shot did a whooping 6d6x10+720 MD(!). The reserve squadrons held their fire, instead doing mop-up shots that did 6d6x10+10 MD each for 12 minutes afterwards).
The lasers also get an extra +10 MD to damage the following melee, for every laser impact hitting the wing arrays, as a portion of the laser energy is absorbed, converted, and rerouted to the laser projectors(So if a Lepidopterror gets struck with six laser shots in a melee round, provided each laser did a minimum of 10 points of damage, the next round, the Lepidopterror’s next laser blast does an extra 60 pts of damage).
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Point Defense Lasers(4)---These weapons would be impressive enough on their own, but with four of them, the Lepidopterror has excellent all-around point defense against missiles and fighters.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast, 1d4x10+8 short burst, and 1d6x10 MD full burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

3) Mini-Missile Launchers(2)---Mounted in ‘hip’ pods, these launchers give another layer of point defense for the giant Warmount. These are typically used against enemy missiles and fighters.
Range: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-Missiles)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type(Mini-Missiles)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-18
Payload: 36 per launcher, 72 total

4) Vibro-Claws(6)---The six legs of the Lepidopterror can kick and claw at close range
Range: Melee
Damage: (Scratch/Rake) 2d4 MD
(Kick) 3d6 MD

5) (Optional) Airdropped Ordnance---The Warmount can carry and drop aerial ordnance(bombs) from its claws. The Silvermoons are particularly fond of dropping photon-cluster laser bombs, smart munitions, and TW light-based weaponry.
Alternatively, the Warmount can carry launch-pods of missiles.
Range: (Bombs) ACCURATE bombing is generally conducted from altitudes of 5,000 ft, but can drop from as far up as 12,000 ft. ‘Smart’ bombs are favored for such missions.
(Missiles) Varies by Missile Type
Damage:
(Bombs)
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*1,650 lb bomb(1d6x100 MD to 75 ft blast radius)
*2,000-lb Bomb----2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius
(Missiles) Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: (Bombs)1-6 bombs at a time
(Missiles) Volleys of 1-6
Payload: (Bombs) Up to 6,000 lbs of ordnance can be carried underslung
(Missiles)
*Mini-Missiles---48
*Short Range Missiles---24
*Medium Range Missiles---18
*Long Range Missiles---6

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following(in addition to normal War Steed programming):
Navigation: Space 75%
Movement/Melee Combat: Zero Gravity
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Lepidopterror intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +5 in flight, +7 in space
Strike +1 (+6 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Bite 1d6 MD
Beak Jab 1d4x10 MD
Claw Scratch/Rake 2d4 MD
Claw Kick 3d6 MD
Tail Lash 2d4 MD
Wing Slap 1d6 MD plus 60% chance of knocking down human-sized targets(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up)

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Lepidopterror an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Lepidopterrors have an I.Q. of 12 and tend to be patient, well-mannered, and rock-steady in their dispositions, but eagle-eyed and quick to spot potential targets far below them in combat. One observer has described them as ‘vulture-like’ in their patient circling and soaring, looking for potential kills.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Forcefield Generators--- These add 600 MDC of forcefield protection to the Lepidopterror.

*Energy Absorber Panels---- The technology for this system was acquired(somehow) from alien sources, specifically WTZ Shipyards’ WZ-LF-203 Angel
Light Fighter. The massive solar wing panels are modified with a second layer composed of a crystalline matrix and conformal forcefield that actually absorbs and diverts weapons energy into re-tasked energy for the fighter’s own systems. This system actually ABSORBS incoming enemy laser, ion, and particle beam weapons fire and reduces its damage by 75%...the next melee, HALF of the damage initially rolled is applied to one of the following: Forcefield MDC(point to point increase, and the additional MDC can be retained for 4 melees/1 minute), energy weapons(increase damage by 1 MD per 2 MD inflicted/absorbed and/or range by 100 ft per 1 MD of damage inflicted/absorbed...energy can only be held for 4 melees/1 minute or else re-tasked ), or speed(boost base speed by 10% per 50 MD of energy weapon damage; effects are sustained only for 4 melees/1 minute). The system is ineffective against plasma, rail guns, and projectile weaponry, as well as magic(does FULL damage). The only other limitation is that it cannot handle more than 600 MD per melee(so a main battle cannon doing 1d6x1,000 MD per blast would do full damage).

*Pressurized Passenger Pod----A capsule with provision for transporting 10 human-sized beings in environmental comfort can be carried on the back. The pod has 100 MDC and life support for 96 hours if detached from the war’bot.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

SAVED.
("magic box" A.I. and all ;) )

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Thanks. Originally had a far more mundane picture scanned for it, but thought better of it, did a simpler(but more dramatic) end-on sketch, found the PERFECT background picture, then used some pictures of the ISS for use as color templating, then a lot of painstaking line 'sanding' and 'scan dust' removal in Photoshop, and at the last minute got an idea to make the wings more dramatic..
So yeah, I'm happy. :D

Next up I'll be doing some Lost Eclipse stuff...animals, warmounts, and an Elite. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Nice, hopefully the VatFather can come out to play.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Nice, hopefully the VatFather can come out to play.

If they're let out of Outpost Hedoro on work release....

"Outpost Hedoro; possibly the only operation of its type where the researchers are the prisoners and the test subjects are all volunteers*, because in the megaverse one will find the desperate who will do anything for compensation, the self-sacrificing eager to contribute to progress in some way, the fanatics eager for any sort of power-up, the obsessed infatuated with the opportunity to be turned into something ELSE, and the arguably insane who are aroused by mad science."
(*with the exception of possible Ghostrider involuntary relocatees quietly slipped into the testing pool)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Been going through the old files saved on to the HD and well...
-sigh-
Inpiration is sorta there, but as for MOTIVATION?
Oi.
Hoping to have fluffy text ready soon.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Been going through the old files saved on to the HD and well...
-sigh-
Inpiration is sorta there, but as for MOTIVATION?
Oi.
Hoping to have fluffy text ready soon.

I have over seven different WIPs, but I keep getting new ones! I wanna finish what I already have!
On the plus side, this means that odds are with enough time passing, I gradually work out of the rut that stymied the older projects, and it's very likely that somewhere along the line, one or more of the ideas I come up with for another project can be applied to the older ones, FINALLY filling the necessary gaps.

In the course of one of his short stories, H.Beam Piper has one of his characters(a galactic emperor of all things) observe "If you got one or two problems, you have trouble. If you have a lot of problems, they start solving each other." I've often found that to be true, at least where writing is concerned...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar Lost Eclipse Nahsi Elite
(aka ‘Spider Mother’, ‘SpiderQueen’)

tikkatikkatikkatikka
“...Ugh...what happened?”
“You went where you shouldn’t have.”
tikkatikkatikkatikka
“Where am I?!”
“Where you wanted to be, when you shouldn’t be.”
tikkatikkatikkatikka
“...where’s my armor!?”
“Had to remove it to get the soft succulent you inside.”
tikkatikkatikkatikka
“...oh god....I’m wrapped in spider web....”
“The better to keep you here, fresh and tasty...”
“...oh no....”
tikkatikkatikkatikka
“But I do so like to be entertained before dinner. Intellectual stimulation...sometimes it makes me forget to eat. I can go for days without eating if the conversation is interesting enough, if I’m learning things I never knew before...Pity you don’t look like the knowledgable type...just soft and good-smelling...good enough to eat...”
“I KNOW THINGS! I KNOW LOTS OF THINGS!!! I CAN BE ENTERTAINING!!! I CAN TEACH YOU PLENTY OF THINGS!!!”
tikkatikkatikkatikka
“Do tell...”

“Think the prisoner even realizes she’s got a catheter and an IV drip in under that webbing?”
“No. Shela can keep her going like that for HOURS. By the time she decides she isn’t ‘hungry’, the prisoner’s going to be like putty in her hands. Pass me that bowl of bolts, would you? And you’re going to want to take notes.”

The Nahsi is a Lost Eclipse Elite class, proving once again that the Nightmare Tribe means to claim the title of ‘most deranged’ of the Tribes when it comes to designing its Elites(though that claim faces stiff competition from the Sapphire Cobras and Darkwaters).
The Nahsi resembles the upper torso of a Shemarrian grafted to a giant mechanical spider. The head is further distinguished by having a row of six small gem-like optics set in the brow of the Shemarrian, just above the eyebrows. The most obvious inspiration for the Nahsi would be the A-64 All-Purpose Master robot deployed by ARCHIE-3 increasingly openly as the Shemarrian Civil War wore on. However, the Nahsi is somewhat shorter, squater, and more sophisticated.
Like its inspiration, the Nahsi can climb vertical surfaces, scuttle along ceilings, and spray webbing. The Elites also have the ability to envenom their victims with a bite or sting, delivering powerful paralyzing chemicals into their bloodstream.
Nahsi occupy the same role as War Chiefs in the Nightmare Tribe, and are often put in charge of running an enclave’s defenses, protecting supply depots and caches, and put in charge of prisoners. Nahsi are fond of setting traps, and typically use their web-spinning ablities to set up elaborate trip-wire mazes and early warning systems, the better to be forewarned of intruders and to slow them down.
Nahsi can use the full range of Shemarrian weapons, but they tend to favor dart guns, stunners, and net launchers when stalking prey they wish to take alive.
Like similar Elites such as the Medusi, Nahsi enjoy expanded psychic abilities; ALL Nahsi are Psi-Shamanesses. This makes intruding on a Nahsi’s lair, even with magical or psionic stealth, all the more hazardous if the Nahsi has brought up her expanded psychic senses.
Nahsi are often attended to by legions of Chitterlings and ‘Cooters’, the smaller drones acting as servents and security. Especially in an enclave or lair, the Nahsi will be accompanied by swarms of hundreds of the lesser drones scurrying about. The Nahsi have been known to shamelessly play upon the revulsion many other species for small vermin, especially of an arachnoid or insectile nature, by ‘swarming’ opponents and distracting them while the Nahsi herself moves in for the kill or capture.
For some reason, Nahsi and Domimatrixes have some sort of unspoken rivalry; the two Elites competing to see who is best at breaking prisoners and getting information out of them. On those few occasions when Nahsi and Domimatrixes have actually got along with each other, the results have been anything but good for the interrogatees in their charge, and in one case necessitated other Shemarrians in effect rescuing the prisoners from their own jailers before the captives’ psyches were completely shattered. Similarly, the Nahsi feel a professional rivalry with the Sapphire Cobra Medusae and the Darkwaters Scyllans, who fulfill equivalent roles in their own Tribes.

Type: Shemar Le-Nahsi
Class: Robot Gynoid Elite
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 20 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders(2) 120 each
Forearms(2) 106 each
Legs(8) 120 each
Head 90(protective headdress adds 100) .
Main Body/Upper Torso 280
Spider Abdomen 290

*The Nahsi CAN wear regular Shemarrian armor on her upper torso and the equivalent of barding on her spider abdomen

Height: 6 feet from top of the head to bottom of the belly, but typically stands 8 ft tall, and can extend up another 2 ft.
Width: 3 ft feet, but the legs can stretch out another 10 ft
Length: 7 feet
Weight: 1,600 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 42, PP. 24,.
Cargo: None; only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 150 MPH
Jumping: 15 ft up/across
Climbing: Can scurry up vertical surfaces and along ceilings without any problems, or slowing down.
Flying: Not Possible
Underwater: Can run along the bottom of bodies of water at 15 MPH. Maximum depth 1,000 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Molecular Adhesion Pads----Each leg ends in an adhesion pad, allowing the gynoid to cling to just about any surface.

Weapons Systems:
1) Arm Lasers(2)---The Nahsi retain the forearm lasers of the regular warriors. Just point and shoot.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH

2) Finger Claws---The Nahsi ’s hands feature retractable vibroblades
Damage: 3d6 MD

3) Venom Bite---The Nahsi’s bite can deliver a dose of drug-chemicals, typically a muscle paralyzing agent.
Damage: Pinprick(or 1 SDC, 1 MD for full strength bite) + Drug effects
Payload: 60 doses of up to 10 different chemicals/drugs

4) Spray Webbing Caster---Modified version of that mounted in the EcoS-K-23 Aracha warmount, but with less range and payload. The webbing can be sprayed from either the abdomen or the mouth.
Range: 300 ft
Damage: None. A single 1-inch strand of the synthetic spider-web can hold up to 3 tons and has 1 MDC per 10 ft length; more if braided.
Used to cocoon-spray a target, the cannon can spray up to 50 MDC in one attack, so if the Nahsi uses all six of her attacks on wrapping a single target, she can create a web shell with 300 MDC, or generate a 3,000 ft line in a single melee.
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Nahsi’s ready-reserve has 400 MDC worth of polymer matrix ready to go, but can generate more through consuming MDC materials(at a ratio of 2 consumed MDC to 1 MDC of produced webbing) that are reprocessed into new webbing compound.

5) Leg Vibroblades(8)---- Each of the spider-legs ends in a retractable vibroblade that can be used to anchor the Nahsi to a surface, or to slash in melee combat.
Damage: 3d6 MD

Programming/Skills:
In addition to the normal (E)Shemarrian combat and espionage programming, Nahsi have the following skills:
Trap Construction(+15%)
Rope Works(+20%)
Hojo-Jutsu(binding)(See Ninjas and Superspies)(+20%)
Interrogation(+10%)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +3
Dodge +9
Parry +9
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +3
Strike +7 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +4
Pull Punch +6
Disarm +3
Entangle +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Controlled SDC Punch 2d6+30 SDC
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Claw Strike 4d6 MD
Power Claw Strike(2 attacks) 1d4x10+4 MD
Head Butt 1d6 MD
Leg Jab 4d6 MD
Leg Kick 3d8 MD
Stomp Attack 3d6 MD
Drop Down/Pounce Attack(2 attacks)---Copied from the A-64; 4d6 MD and 01-76% chance of knocking down a target weighing 2200 lbs or less. 01-50% chance of victim falling on their face, 51-00% chance of them falling face up. Lose 1 APM and initiative scrambling back up.
Pinning Drop Down/Pounce Attack(2 attacks)---2d6+2 MD, and taregt cannot get back up unless they have a Robotic PS of 32 or greater, or a Supernatural PS of 32 or greater, and uses 2 APMs in an attempt to break free. Unlike the Master Robot, the Nahsi CAN attack a pinned opponent, typically with webbing.

Psionics:
In addition to the regular Ecotroz machine-related psionic abilities, the Nahsi has ISP: 1d6x10+ME+1d6 per level of experience, and has the following psionic powers:
-Six Sensitive powers of choice at level one, plus an additional Sensitive or Healing power at levels 4, 8, and 12.
-At levels 6 and 12, can select one Super psionic power of choice
-Unlike the baseline Ecotroz powers, these powers DO require ISP to function
-Saves as a Major Psionic
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:“Think the prisoner even realizes she’s got a catheter and an IV drip in under that webbing?”
“No. Shela can keep her going like that for HOURS. By the time she decides she isn’t ‘hungry’, the prisoner’s going to be like putty in her hands. Pass me that bowl of bolts, would you? And you’re going to want to take notes.”

-snrrrfACK-
Buwahahahaow ow ow ow...coffe through nose :lol: :thwak: :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:“Think the prisoner even realizes she’s got a catheter and an IV drip in under that webbing?”

-snrrrfACK-
Buwahahahaow ow ow ow...coffe through nose :lol: :thwak: :ok:

Fortunately, Shemarrians do not snarf...nut and bolt 'granola' would do some serious abrasion damage to molecular anaylzer arrays.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar “Boresnake’ Robot

“What is that horrible racket?!”
“Ah, that would be a self-proclaimed ‘Scion of Hell’ we captured. A most hideous and totally corrupt creature.”
“You have an INFERNAL?! HERE?!”
“Yes, one we captured at no small effort to ourselves. And having spent so much in our energy and blood, we are loathe to let it go or to kill it until we have squeezed every last iota of useful information from it!”
“Infernals are cunning and resourceful. You must be careful at all times if you mean to hold one, let alone interrogate it!"
“We have already heard from the creature of the mistake we made in attempting to confine it, and the dire consequences that will befall us for daring to defy a superior. In addition to being arrogant and vicious, it was also very verbose, repetitively and annoyingly so, particularly about what would befall us when it freed itself.”
“How do you mean to insure it doesn’t?!”
“It should not have boasted to us of its regenerative abilities. It was a simple enough matter to infest the creature with boresnakes. Demonic strength does it little avail if its muscles are constantly being chewed apart from within.”
“You mean that screaming...?”
“Even the denizens of the Infernal Planes have reason to fear the Lost Eclipse.” :twisted:

The ‘Boresnake’ is the Lost Eclipse’s variant of the Cyper robot.
Boresnakes are a lot simpler and less sophisticated, meant to be deployed en mass as disposable weapons.
Instead of a sculpted snake’s head, the boresnake’s head is instead an assembly of chewing and grinding discs more akin to that of tunneling machine or a drilling head(or a shipworm’s rasping plates). The fearsome chewing head is typically used to tunnel through rock and earth, but it can also cut into armor and flesh with equal ease. The rest of the body is a flexible serpent, able to flex and squirm just like a snake.
Boresnakes are used for situations where a full-sized boring machine isn’t called for; cutting underground cable ways, dropping surveillance systems into buildings, and destroying enemy infrastructure such as underground power and communications lines. In combat they are used to ambush enemies, striking from underground, or dropping on them in numbers from walls and ceilings. They are also used as self-propelled demolition charges, tunneling into vulnerable parts of an enemy’s fortifications, and destroying them from within. Sabotaging enemy vehicles and equipment is also a common assignment for these drones. The Nightmare Tribe is sure to find other perversely creative uses for these drones as they expand their operations.
Boresnakes are rarely ‘awakened’ with animal-sentience Ecotroz awareness, but it IS possible, especially for those drones that have become ‘pets’ of Lost Eclipse members.

Type: EcoS-D09LE Boresnake
Class: Unmanned Semi-Autonomous Utility Drone
Crew: None; semi-autonomous robot or remote control.
Later models MAY have a micro-Ecotroz Essence fused to them.
MDC/Armor By Location:
Main Body 40
Cutting Head 28
Height: 6 inches
Width: 6 inches
Length: 10 ft
Weight: 6 lbs
Cargo: None
Powerplant: Electric Battery(good for 72 hours of continuous operation. By going dormant for prolonged periods of time, the Boresnake can extend this as much as ten days)
Speed: (Crawl)Can crawl along at Spd 10
(Tunneling) Tunnels through loose rock and soil at Spd 10, denser rock and concrete at Spd 6.
(Climbing) Can climb at a skill equal to 75%
(Jumping)--The cybersnake can coil a part of its body and literally spring up in a jump; 6 ft
up/across.
(Swim) Can serpentine along at Spd 12
Features of Note:
*Basic Robot Audio/Optics w/ Low-Lite, Thermo-Imaging, Infrared, and Passive Nightvision

*Inaudible Frequency Transmission----The Boresnake can communicate in subsonic frequencies(especially effective transmitted through rock)

*EM Sensors---Can sense and track electromagnetic activity(such as power lines, live electrical/fusion generators, electrical equipment) from 100 ft away.

*Seismic Sensors---Can sense vibration(such as footfalls or vehicle movement) up to 500 ft away.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems--- Only about 30% of Boresnake ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 2d6 MD per hour, and can repair 20 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Drill Bite----Intermeshed cutting heads allow the Boresnake to chew through rock, armor, and even megadamage flesh.
Damage: 2d6 MD, or 1d6x10 MD for a full melee of drilling/cutting

2)Tail Vibroblade---The tail ends in a vicious vibrospike that can be used to stab targets or prevent associates from pulling the Boresnake out of its burrow.
Damage: 1d8 MD.

3)(Optional) Internal Demolition Charge(s)----The Boresnake’s segmented body can carry multiple explosive segments. These can be dropped behind the Boresnake as it tunnels, to act as delayed detonation charges or as mines. The charges can also be triggered all at once as a self-destruct.
In the alternative, chemical munitions can be carried; many times the Lost Eclipse has infiltrated a building with boresnakes and used gas grenades to incapacitate the occupants.
Damage:(Fusion Block) 2d6x10 MD to a 10 ft blast radius
(Grenade/Mine) Equal to a standard hand grenade(High Explosive or Plasma tyoically)
(Nanite Demolitions) Demolisher nanites do 3d6 MD damage per melee, for 1d4 minutes. These disassemblers can be set to selectively destroy organics or inorganics, ignoring the other.
(Acid) Powerful molecular acid that sprays out in an 8 ft radius and does 4d6 MD in the first melee, then 3d6 MD for 1d4 melees, 2d6 MD for an additional 1d4 melees, then 1d4 MD for an extra 1d4 melees after that.
(Chemical) Varies by chemical, but depending on local ventilation conditions, can fill a 50 ft square area with concentrated
Payload: (Fusion Block) Up to 2 can be carried
(Grenade/Mine) Up to 4 can be carried
(Nanite Demolitions) Up to 4 can be carried
(Acid) Up to 4 can be carried
(Chemical) Up to 4 can be carried

4)(Optional) Additional Demolition Segment(s)---The length of the Boresnake can be extended an additional 6 ft to allowing for trailing a ‘bomb trailer’; a false tail consisting of detachable
explosive segments. The ‘snake can be fitted with up to 12 light explosive charges or 5 heavy
explosive charges; light charges do 2d4 MD to a 10 ft area, heavy charges do 2d6 MD to a 20 ft
area(or 6d6 MD to a 12 ft area for demolition charges). Can be laid as delayed-action/remote
detonation mines, or can whip-thrown by tail action up to 40 ft away.

Bonuses:
Hand to Hand Combat:(* from combat programming)
Actions/Attacks per Melee: 2(*5 from combat programming)(+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz fragment)
Initiative: +1*
Strike: +2* (+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz fragment)
Parry: +2*
Dodge: +2* (+2 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz fragment)
Roll:+2* (+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz fragment)
Pull:+2*
Entangle: +3
Damage:
Head Punch 1d6 SDC
Bite 2d6 MD, or 1d6x10 MD for a full melee of drilling/cutting
Tail Slap 1d4 SDC
Tail Stab 1d8 MD
Constriction Attack---Can SQUEEZE an entangled target. Equivalent Robotic P.S. of 28 for damage purposes; does 2d6 MD per melee of constriction.

Programming:
Navigation 80%
Climbing 75%
Spelunking 90%
Prowl 85%
Swimming 85%
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Another great idea. Two quick things:

+ Could said drones include winged insects and fish ie piranha?

+I realize you are constantly busy with your job and ideas, but are you accepting of ideas if the fluff is done and credit was willing to be shared?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

89er wrote:Another great idea. Two quick things:

+I realize you are constantly busy with your job and ideas, but are you accepting of ideas if the fluff is done and credit was willing to be shared?

That's the whole purpose of this here forum thread :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Another great idea. Two quick things:

To the first, yes...they just haven't been done yet....

The second?

Jusr wait a day and you'll have proof of my answer...
Mwuahahahahaahahahahaaahahahhahah!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :demon: :demon: :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Based on a little something 89er stated in passing in some fluff text...

Shemarrian EcoS-K-36 ‘Terragore’ Mining Beast
(Aka ‘Conqueror Wyrm’, ‘Metal Maw’, ‘Bore Worm’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img258.jpg

“It’s not worth landing on that death-planet, I tell you! Don’t believe what they say about ships’ sensors showing treasure troves of lost technology or giant deposits of metal ready for the taking! Even if you get down through the acid clouds, and secure yourself against the fire storms, shifting landscape and the shrapnel hurricanes, and somehow survive the EM bojuums overloading your systems with ancient alien chatter, the worms will get you for sure! I lost three ships and almost all my friends to them things when they came a-calling! Wasn’t anything in our arsenal that could stop them before they swallowed down the entire mining site! I barely got my escape pod clear before one monster of a wyrm finished scarving down my ship, crew and all! Last I saw of them was their tail jets vanishing down into that giant maw! No, it’s not worth what one would get for any scrap lifted from that old dead hellhole! Stay well away from that place! It’s horrible death!!”

Captain R’tor groaned as he strained again at whatever was holding him. As before, he couldn’t tell what it was, but it wasn’t letting him go.
The last he remembered was the feeling of the world falling out from under him and his ship tipping forward, the sight of hundreds of gleaming teeth descending on the bridge canopy, then the sounds of ripping tearing metal and the room filling with darkness. After that, things only became more confused and painful before he slowly came to his senses. Not that that told him anything. All he could tell for sure was that he was in someplace cold and dark that stank of metal. He also had a vague recollection of seeing several members of his crew, stripped and laid out unconscious in glowing boxes, being taken away. That rather worried him; some of them had proven quite useful in the past and he’d been amorously eying that young hot-looking mechpilot with the falsified credentials he’d hired on Gesturn not so long ago...
/”Ah, Captain R’tor. Awake at last.”/
And he was clearly a prisoner.
“Who the hell are you and what have you done with my ship!?”
/”We are the inhabitants of this world and we have appropriated your vessel and its contents as the penalty-price of your trespass.”/
“Holgafog! There hasn’t been a civilization on Hedoro for over seven hundred years! You be claim-jumpers!”
/”We are the inhabitants of this world and we have the power to enforce our will over those who trespass on it. That includes your ‘salvage’ operation and your crew.”/
“What are you doing to me crew?!”
/”Some of them, we have use for. Others, like yourself, we have other uses for.”/
“What are you, now threatening me?!”
/”Ah, and now we come to you, Captain R’tor. You’ve been involved in more than the salvage business, up to more than vulturing supposedly dead worlds. Why, not even all your own crew know what you’ve been up to, or what depths you’ve descended to.”/
“What are you talking about, you cowardly kidnappers!? My people will know of this! They'll come looking for me, and YOU!”
/”Do they know of your contacts with the Exiles? The ‘special’ services you provide them? How about Naruni Enterprises? The finds you looted for them, your previous crews that you disposed of to keep those finds secret? The lives you ripped away for cash? Those who you sold to your backers for credits? The ones who pay you for 'plausible deniability'? Captain R’tor is not the humble honest Fringe-captain he makes himself out to be, is he now? Indeed, he works for the very sort of people his crew would not. The sort of people they thought they were escaping when they hired under him, no? ”/
“How-NO, you bastards! It’s tricks! Tricks and lies!”
/”The only tricks and lies are those you yourself use and tell. They will not serve you here. You came to this world to face judgment, however unknowingly. The wyrms sought you out, devoured you, and brought you here to account at last for your crimes. Through the belly of the wyrm, you shall at last face an appropriate justice.”/

These MASSIVE vermiform monstrosities can only have come from the minds of the Nightmare Tribe. They seem to draw inspiration from a variety of sources, including Worms of Taut, Giant Ruin Worms, Australian Sand Fiends, and the Dwarven ‘Duggernaught’ mole miners.
Seeming appearance-wise the hellspawn offspring of an oversized ruin-worm and a robotics factory, the Terragore looks like a massive fat worm with a circular maw lined with hundreds of sharp jagged ceramo-metal teeth, surrounded by a ring of armor, multiple eyes, and articulated spines. The body itself looks like a combination of old plaited rubber, metal bellows joints, and leathery flesh, lined with multiple small articulated spine-tentacles.
Terragores bore through solid rock and geology using a combination of super-hard cutting surfaces, vibro-cutters, short range lasers, acid sprayers and plasma melters. A portion of the material cut through is ‘eaten’ by the Terragore to feed its nanite repair system, allowing it to grow new cutting spines, abrading surfaces, and skin as they wear down. Other material is sorted, shifted, filtered, and stored for later use or disgorgement at a collection point for Shemarrian industry. The ‘other material’ can also include items scavenged from dig sites, battlefields, and ruins, and can include weapons, equipment, and even living beings.
A favorite tactic of Terragores is to suddenly surface under an opponent, spear them with its grasping tentacles and crush them in its maw. The Terragore can also engage targets with its lasers and plasma breath. If a target, such as a fortified position, vehicle, or ship, proves too tough to take on directly, the Terragore will attempt to undercut and bury it, then devour it at leisure. If required, the Terragore can take targets alive, ‘devouring’ them whole but instead routing them to a holding ‘stomach’ for later interrogation.
Surprisingly, Terragores are, for the most part, NOT Awakened and do NOT hold an Ecotroz Essence fragment. Like the Orobos serpentine warmount, they are typically not crewed either(though they have a small internal compartment if a Shemarrian wishes to personally direct one), but are allowed to roam free, patrolling a region or burrowing through a mineral-rich area. They are smart enough to be able to direct themselves for the most part, and ‘instinctively’ seek out mineral-rich ores, metal salvage, construct crude fortifications, and even make simple traps(especially dead falls and concealed undercut pits beneath surface paths and potential landing zones).
Terragores first appeared as part of the defenses of the secret R&D Outpost Hedoro(where they were assumed by outsiders to be some sort of surviving mutants or still functioning techno-organic relics of the now-extinct civilization that once reigned there), but the giant cyberbeasts have since begun appearing(less obviously) on other Shemarrian worlds as mining and excavation labor-animals. The Lost Eclipse uses these mammoth robeasts to excavate their deep tunnel enclave-complexes and to mine minerals for trade to other Tribes.

Type: EcoS-K-36 Terragore
Class: Robotic Warmount, Subterranean Excavation/Attack
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger inside if so desired, though the Terragore typically operates without a rider
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 2,000
Head 900
Laser Eyes(20) 50 each
Reinforced Crew Compartment 500
Prisoner/Cargo Compartment 500
Maw Teeth(100) 10 each
Head Tentacles(8 ) 250 each
Body Spines(50) 55 each
Height: 20-30 ft, can rear up a third of its body length.
Width: 20-30 ft
Length: 150-250 ft
Weight: 80-100 tons
Cargo: Internal cargo compartment can hold 8 tons of cargo or a dozen prisoners. Additional ore holds inside the Terragore can hold up to 60 tons of ore/scrap metal.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 45
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Aboveground) 25 MPH
(Tunneling) Varies according to the depth and composition of the material being tunneled through. The Terragore can tunnel through loose sand and clay at about 40 MPH, or 30 MPH through dense rock(granite, regolith).
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can crawl along the bottom of bodies of water at about 22 MPH. Maximum depth of 4 miles.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

Basic Robot Systems, plus:
*Magnetometer--Great for detecting veins of metal ores, buried pipes, underground fusion nuclear powerplants(detects the magnetic core containment fields) and buried metal objects. Range of 3,000 ft

*Seismometer---Subterranean ‘sonar’. Effective ‘active’ range of 4,000 ft. Can also passively pick up seismic events, including movement of large vehicles/large numbers of animals/beings from up to a mile away.

*Inertial Navigation System---Essential for finding one’s way when you can’t just crack open a window and take a reading off the sun, stars, or convenient landmarks. Records the beast’s passage, angle, direction, and speed, allowing the robot to produce a turn-by-turn map of its travels.

*Heat Resistant Armor---The thick armor of the Terragore is made of special thermo-refractory materials that reflect heat, while a high-powered cooling system shunts additional heat(such as from its own plasma cutters) away. Plasma and heat-based attacks do 1/4 normal damage; lasers only do 1/2 normal damage.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Terragore have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 1d8x10 MD per hour, and can repair 400 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Laser Eyes(20)---What look like a ring of rough gemstones set in a ring around the head/maw is really a laser array, typically used for cutting through rock and debris, but which can also be used to engage targets at range.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD each eye, 4d6x20 MD for a full array blast.

2) Plasma Cutter Head---The entire front end of the Terragore is a massive combination mechanical drill-auger/cutter head and plasma cutter.
Range:(Bore Mode) 5 ft
(‘Thrower Mode) 1,000 ft
Damage::(Bore Mode)1d6x100 per full melee of contact(cutting)
(‘Thrower Mode) 3d4x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire:(Bore Mode) Once per melee(continuously on in cutter mode)
(‘Thrower Mode) ECHH
Note: Approaching the Terragore from behind while engaged in tunneling operations at full bore is hazardous in itself, owing to the volume and temperature of hot gases being blown back. Beings without protective body armor and breathing apparatus can be asphyxiated, cooked, and/or plated in rapidly condensing rock vapor.
Also, anything coming into contact with the rear cooling fins takes 1d4 MD from the heat.
Consider anyone approaching within one hundred feet of the rear of the Terragore to be in its danger zone, as hot gas and vaporized rock is blown back at them; SDC beings without self-contained breathing apparatus and skin protection will take 2d4x10 SDC per melee of exposure from the heat and choking gas. Even supernatural beings will be in trouble; beings that need to breath air will have to roll versus lethal poison(16 or better) every melee that they are exposed, or risk choking on fumes(GMs, use your discretion....most high-MDC beings of supernatural constitution may survive, but superhumans and other ‘demi-mortals’ could very well asphyxiate).
The hot gas also renders thermo-vision useless, the noise degrades the effectiveness of enhanced hearing by HALF, and people caught in the backblast will be at HALF bonuses to strike, parry, and dodge while in the danger zone.

3) Cutter Maw---The Terragore’s circular mouth is lined with multiple rows of jaggedly sharp ceramometal teeth, the whole mouth rotating for extra grinding action.
Damage: Bite does 2d4x10 MD, 6d6x10 MD per full melee of cutting
Payload: Effectively Unlimited; on average a cutting tooth can last 56 hours of continuous cutting before needing replacement.

4) Capture-Glop----This prisoner capture mechanism was copied from the Taut Blowworm. The Terragore can ‘spit’ a stream of fast-setting polymer goop that rapidly solidifies around its target. Once the target is trapped, the Terragore then uses the solidified threads of ‘spit’ and its head tentacles to draw the encased victim into its maw, and then into a holding chamber inside itself. The polymer is air-permeable, so the victim can still breath, but prolonged confinement inside the robowrym’s ‘gullet’ is akin to sensory deprivation, and some prisoners have been known to go mad from the experience.
Range: 200 ft
Damage: None, but the blob of goo covers a 10 ft area and sets instantly in 1 melee. Anyone caught in the goo must have a supernatural or robotic PS of 40 or better to break free; otherwise they are stuck until the goo is somehow removed. The goo has 60 MDC per 10 ft application.
Payload: 100 applications before needing restocking.

5)Head Tentacles(8 )---These are articulated armatures, each ending in a wicked-looking vibroblade, with an attached grasper or hook. Besides being able to stab, the head tentacles can deliver a powerful electrical shock, or generate an electrical arc between each armature, powerful enough to overload and knock out electrical systems.
Range: 40 ft long
(Electrical Arc) The electrical arc jumps between energized arms, so a common tactic is to spread the arms wide, forming a 110 ft wide ring(with the Terragore’s head at the center) to catch and stun prey for biting or capture.
Damage:
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
(Vibroblade) 6d6 MD(+possible punch damage) per stab
(Electrical Shock) Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 16 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
On an unmodified roll of 18-20, it causes unshielded BIONICS and robots to spasm for 1d4 melees(Cyborg is at HALF bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, roll, and is -3 to initiative. Reduce speed by HALF).
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.
(Electrical Arc) 4d6 MD per melee caught in the zone of effect, plus the following:
01-15: No additional damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle)including cyborgs), the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control(cyborgs are paralyzed). Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

6) Acid Spray----The Terragore can spray powerful dissolving acid from pores on its head and body, akin to a super-sized cyborg chemical spray system. This is typically used to help the giant beast melt its way through tough rock, but it also be sprayed on enemies in a particularly horrible attack.
Range: 80 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD first round, and 2d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees. Covers a 10 ft area.
Payload: 100 shots before needing refill; the Terragore’s systems can catalyze and produce a new supply of acid within 24 hours.

7)Body Spikes(50)---These are smaller articulated spines that line the body and are used for pulling the giant robowyrm along. They can also be used to lash out at anybody approaching the ‘wrym’s body too closely. Close inspection(difficult to do if the ‘wrym objects) will show that they resemble the back spines of the Shemarrian Monstrex warsteed.
Range: 12 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD on a thrust
Rate of Fire: Each body spike can attack four times per melee

Programming:
Typically has the following:
Standard Monstrex Programming, plus;
Excavation 85%
Mining 90%
Salvage 80%
Trap Construction 75%
Trap/Mine Detection 90%
Military Fortification 70%
Camouflage 80%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6 main body, bite, or tentacle attacks (also note that each of the 50 body spikes can attack up to four times per melee any target that gets within range)
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Entangle +2
Bite 2d4x10 MD
Head Butt 1d4x10 MD
Head Tentacle Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Head Tentacle Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Head Tentacle Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Stab with Body Spines 1d6 MD
Tail Lash 6d6 MD
Body Slam(Terragore rears up and slams a third of its body length down on top of a target)(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD

Variants:
*”Worm Mother” (aka ‘Grub Queen’)---This is a Terragore outfitted as a manufactory for Boresnake drones. The ‘Worm Mother’ can produce, with enough materials, up to 15 Boresnake drones every 30 minutes, and store and deploy up to 300 of the drones at once.

Option:
If ‘Awakened’, the Terragore will have the following:

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Terragore an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. However, the Terragore tends to posses a rather vicious, temperamental, attitude more akin to that of an angry Cape Buffalo or Rhino-Buffalo, and it will readily attack any intruders in its territory unless ordered not to. They are also ravenous creatures, happiest when chewing through rock or devouring enemies.

The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Terragore intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits).

Has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Presence Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Shemarrian EcoS-K-36 ‘Terragore’ Mining Beast

Yipe. :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

That is nothing short of majestic. Thank's for fulfilling a dream of controlling giant worms. :D

For this idea, everyone can pitch in:

A powerful concept of the work Hoyt Sparks and Hedoro can accomplish.
Hekatonheires
Created as a bridge between the PS/GNE and the Shemar tribes, this bipedal machine is equal parts PS robot and Shemar Warmount. Inspired by the recent incursion of several large scale humanoid attacks, the folks at Outpost Hedoro had been working on a robot that could support Paladin Steel’s modularity and the Ecotroz entity that could serve both as a pilot able robot and a warmount. The beast often appeared as larger, beastly version of the Spartoil with teeth, standing three times the height as a regular Shemar. The GNE could pilot it from a sealed compartment, as well as be ridden on shoulders by the shemar.

The “hundred handed” refers to the growing arm-based weaponry, from scaled up power armor/full convert cyborg onboard weapons, to experimental weapons, the signature of Hedoro. This beast can serve an array of roles, from the usual naval and space variants, to having variants tailored to each tribe’s tastes.
+HawkMoon variants include massive wings and raptor heads.
+SilverMoon variants include a Glitterboy-like head with teeth and reflective armor.
+Wolf’s Path variants include canine heads, claws and storage areas for Shemar wolves.
+ DarkWaters variants include cthulu-like heads and amphibious capabilities.
+HorrorWoods variants include plant-based appearance.
+Blood Riders variants include limited plasma field defenses and thermal resistant armor.
+Ghost Riders variants include electronic warfare tech.
+SkullCrushers variants include big guns, big melee weapons, and dangerous appearances.
+Sapphire Cobra variants include serpent heads and a serpentine lower body.
+Wayfinder variants include technowizardy and simulated magic.
+Lost Eclipse variants include drone dispersal, hard light apparitions, and horrific appearances, from undead giants to blank faced destroyers.

Outside of conflict and working, these warmounts have been observed making artwork sculptures out of safe battlefield wreckage, giving the impression of artistic titans.

That should do for now but I have more, far more. :twisted:

Return to “Rifts®”