Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Well, cyberneural virtual SnuSnu, but yeah... :D

:D Yay... :( aww... :D Yay... :( aww

It's either like being Tasped(refer to Larry Niven's Known Space stories), or getting 30,000 VOLTS OF RAW NAKED POWER ACROSS YOUR BARE BRAIN!!!!, but it beats having your pelvis dislocated, spine snapped, shoulder blades clawed off, or your throat accidentally ripped/lasered out in the midst of throes of passion with an eight-foot-tall(taller if you're making it with a War Goddess) robotic-strength Amazon.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Have a way that the Hawkmoons will prolly get into the outer-black :D ; one of these had a malfunction and crashed in the Magic zone, close to where the H.M. Tribe EShemarr have their enclave. This is just the raw write up. Once the PC's have a chance to meet-up with the Hawkmoon tribe and can be "convinced" to help out repairing it, I'll post the modified version.
http://home.comcast.net/~jacksonsdc/mantis.htm

:angel:
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Have a way that the Hawkmoons will prolly get into the outer-black :D ; one of these had a malfunction and crashed in the Magic zone, close to where the H.M. Tribe EShemarr have their enclave. This is just the raw write up. Once the PC's have a chance to meet-up with the Hawkmoon tribe and can be "convinced" to help out repairing it, I'll post the modified version.
http://home.comcast.net/~jacksonsdc/mantis.htm

:angel:

I was thinking of presenting the THree Galaxies Shemarrians as either Templar-assisted or the result of time-lost Shemarrians(messing with relative rates of time across dimensions---time to crack out the Megaversal Builder again!).'
But since I'm already thinking of Shemarrian ships having various Kittani-esque similarities, the Mantis makes perfect sense as well.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Hey, who's to say what goes where ;-)
It coulda been a Naruni Star-runner / Comet (the 'Typical Runner ship'), maybe a UWW runabout, or even something not in the plans/books/intertubes :D
ALL depends on the individual GM's.
I found the Mantid ages ago just cruising the webs looking for materials and well; been a faveorite 'random encounter' in my Phase-world portions of the campaign.
Figured may as well throw the Hawkmoons' a leg-up ;)
... the fact it's Kittani adds to the irony :lol: :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Question (Sorta need to figure this out before sunday the 13th.); are EctrozShemarr capable of using their energy to power or operate technowizardry systems / items? Or does the process of melding with the gynoid bodies contian the PPE? :? :-?

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

DhAkael wrote:Question (Sorta need to figure this out before sunday the 13th.); are EctrozShemarr capable of using their energy to power or operate technowizardry systems / items? Or does the process of melding with the gynoid bodies contian the PPE? :? :-?

don't they gain psionic abilities and ISP? this would seem to indicate that they can use techno-wizardry items...
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

ah... hmm.. need to re-read that section again (is 50% brain dead due to lack o' food and sleep). thanks Sharkie. :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

DhAkael wrote:ah... hmm.. need to re-read that section again (is 50% brain dead due to lack o' food and sleep). thanks Sharkie. :ok:

hmmm... just double-checked, they do have psionic abilities, but they don't have ISP. i'm not sure, but i think this might put them into a situation where they can use, but not recharge, techno-wizardry items?
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Question (Sorta need to figure this out before sunday the 13th.); are EctrozShemarr capable of using their energy to power or operate technowizardry systems / items? Or does the process of melding with the gynoid bodies contian the PPE? :? :-?

don't they gain psionic abilities and ISP? this would seem to indicate that they can use techno-wizardry items...

I haven't mentioned it, since they're still in their relative infancy both as a separate species and as an idea, but I had it in my mind that with time more psychic powers(and an ISP reserve) might emerge(perhaps even new castes/classes), so yes, TW-using Ecotroz ARE possible, though possibly at first limited to 'elder' Ecotroz 'techno-shamans'. And yes, at this stage in their development they can use, but not recharge, TW gear unless the stuff can rechareg on its own(like putting it on a ley line or in a dimensional pyramid, or inserting a PPE amulet or PPE-clip).
THAT opens a whole new can of 'yowzah' for people who think they know the Shemarrians(including ARCHIE-3 and Hagan).

It also gets me closer to a Munchkin Award. :-D :mrgreen:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

not quite...bur close :bandit:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:not quite...bur close :bandit:

Hmmm...I shall have to be more outrageously generous in heaping on the powers and damage dice then... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations. Flying Mounts

Unread post by DhAkael »

Just had a thought.
For the Hawkmoon Ectroz tribe, seeing as how they are now trying to differentiate themselves from 'The dark-one'; Instead of flying bats, why not giant eagle or *grin* hawks?
Figure, use the stats for the Monst-Cranes as a base, add wings (use the Bionic sourcebook for stats on those for speed / MDC) and...here's the kicker... use the black boxes from fallen Male Ectroz-Shemarr. So in a way, even if the 'Little Sisters' can not heal them, part of the fallen camp brothers will live on. :D
How do they create the Flyers you ask?
Easy. Using a method simmilar to Progen, captured "un-cybered" Monst-Cranes are rendered inert and then placed in larger progen pods along with damaged or inactive male Ectroz-Shemarr, in conjunction with a Little-Sister to look over the Rebirth or 'Phoenix Egg' process.

And Viola; one sentient evloved flyer with ECM capabilities and loyalty to the Ectroz-Shemarr tribe. :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations. Dramtis Personae.

Unread post by DhAkael »

Dramtis Personae of the Hawkmoon Tribe
Shemharsahd Firemane Warmistress and keeper of the way; Spiritual leader of the Hawkmoon tribe. Her hair is blazing red & orange blending together, and her head dress and ritual vestemnts are adorned with simmilarly coloured feathers. She was the first of all the Hawkmoon (indeed, any of the Shemarrians) to be host to the Ectroz. Therefore Shemharsahd is one the most developed and self-aware of all the presently 'living' NeEctroz'Shemarr. For that reason she was given the role of lore mistress and keeper of the new-traditions.

Y'llen Stormeyes mistress of the firelance; Warrior of the Stormriders cavalry squad. Identified by her Blue-white hair and greyish-silver eyes. Her favorite weapon is a modified plasma-rifle, elongated and trimmed down to resemble a Railgun lance (which also can project a point of plasma as a striking head). She is mated via Progen to Urrjal. Y'llen was one of the first to be 'awakened' by the Ectroz entities, along with her long time servent and friend, Spinster Goodbones.

Goodbones Sister-Healer and mistress of the rite of Progen. Wears grey tunic and trousers with the hawk-rampant of the Hawkmoon tribe, and her particular 'mallady' is uneven legs. Even before awakening, Goodbones had developed a unique bond of comraderie, respect and freindship with Y'llen Stormeyes. After they had been made hosts to the energy entities, that bond grew stronger, and they, along with Shemharsahd became the triad to bring elightenment to an entire tribe of the Shemarr.

Urrjal Minion-Slayer Sister of blades; Berserker. Urrjal resembles a 20th century Czech or Russian fashion model with long blond hair and deep blue eyes. Even though riders and Berserkers tend not to intermingle, after her awakening, Urrjal became attracted to the blue-haired Monst-Crane rider Y'llen. Both were suprised at the deep feelings that they shared for each other. For over a year the two fought side by side and spent time in the tribal camps alone with each other, trying to reconcile their feelings (with SOME success). When Goodbones came back to the camps with news of a way to increase their numbers in a way simmilar in result to the "Living fleshed", Urrjal convinced her life-mate to volunteer for the ritual of Progen. The result of that union was the first free-born Shemarr.

Hope Brightlance NeEctroz'Shemarr and Daughter of the Light. The result of a union of two Shemarr minds through Progen, Hope Brightlance is a perfect blend of her two mothers; Blonde hair intermixed with blue-white, and with pale synthskin and silver-eyes deepening to blue at the pupils. Hope was created at the outset with Ectroz life-force within her and though she has basic skills (equal to about 3/4's of a Shemarrian warriors combat programming and skill percentages), she also was given the will to learn and be a bridge between the tribe of the Hawk and the peoples of Gaea (re;Earth). Her manner is more in keeping with the Parriah of the Hawkmoon; gentle and compassionate, but she also contains the fire and effciency in battle of her mothers. Hope is also one of the first of the tribe to ride a battle-hawk; one of the newly created riding beasts exclusive to the Hawkmoon tribe.
Last edited by DhAkael on Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-bump-

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

DhAkael wrote:*bump*
Squared :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Do the Shemarrian bots do the bump and grind?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Infantile sophmore humour is NOT appreciated; constructive comments or add to the thread. :thwak:
Thank you. :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Just had a thought.
For the Hawkmoon Ectroz tribe, seeing as how they are now trying to differentiate themselves from 'The dark-one'; Instead of flying bats, why not giant eagle or *grin* hawks?
Figure, use the stats for the Monst-Cranes as a base, add wings (use the Bionic sourcebook for stats on those for speed / MDC) and...here's the kicker... use the black boxes from fallen Male Ectroz-Shemarr. So in a way, even if the 'Little Sisters' can not heal them, part of the fallen camp brothers will live on. :D
Easy. Using a method simmilar to Progen, captured "un-cybered" Monst-Cranes are rendered inert and then placed in larger progen pods along with damaged or inactive male Ectroz-Shemarr, in conjunction with a Little-Sister to look over the Rebirth or 'Phoenix Egg' process.

And Viola; one sentient evloved flyer with ECM capabilities and loyalty to the Ectroz-Shemarr tribe. :angel:

Good idea....when I have time, I'll see about elaborating on the idea and maybe toss in some extras...imagine, for instance, if the EShemar had managed to capture and dissect some remanent Mechanoids(like a Wasp) for their technology? :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Do the Shemarrian bots do the bump and grind?

They sand, hammer, and wax if the dings and dents are bad enough... :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Prologue for June 27th game
Throughout the evening of the 7th of March, P.A. 109 the members of Phoenix Force Alpha rest uneasily at the shore-bottom of southern lake Erie. Two reasons for this; 1) Rika’s close call from physically contacting a ‘Blacksteel’ fragment and 2) their unexpectedly ‘alive’ Shermarrian that had been found “dead” but not melted while the team had been tracking a large number of Monst-Rex tracks leading south-westward.

The Shemarrian, Tylax, behaved in an a-typical manner from reports of how Shemarrians were supposed to; polite and respectful instead of cold and arrogant, open (for the most part) to questions instead of close lipped and surly. However, after Jelena’s question of “Why do you have two ‘sparks’ within you?” Tylax became much less vocal, only saying “The lore-Mistress of Hawkmoon will say. Not my place to answer.” Further questions, while not eliciting the expected violent reaction that would be forth-coming from a Shemarrian warrior, Tylax would only grunt or answer; “I not speak of this. You are not NeEctroz'Shemarr and it is Lore-mistress place to say if males can hear.”

On the 8th. The teams’ hover transport emerges from the lakeshore and begins heading further South, deeper into the magic zone. During the trip, Rika began to eat thinned out soup to regain her strength, though she still seemed very weak. Upon hearing the NuMan speak in her mother tongue, Tylax reacted in alarm (Jelena detecting the twin flares of energy within the Shemarrian) only to be mollified by a pointed (and private) comment from Uno, who eyes had gone red-violet at possible threat to her captain / mother. Other minor but no less dramatic incidents over the rest of the journey through the magic-zone woodlands were;
* A migration of massive 4 winged flying creatures half bird and half reptile.
* Several ‘D-Shift’ events where the terrain altered climate, flora and even sky colour (but inertial mapping and magnetic compass readings indicated the geographic location was the same), along with periods of glowing fog completely enveloping the entire area, making further progress impossible. The fogs fortunately only lasted a few minutes at a time. Rika sneezed during the entirety of each event.
* Territorial marker of a “Thornhead” demon; the head of a freshly killed rhino-buffalo stuck on the end of a sharpened tree-stump with the words; [Keep out] written in the creatures blood on the stump in demon script.

4 hours later, after following the terse but insistent directions of Tylax, the pilot is requested to slow down. A large upright stone column of rock NOT native to the location, thrusts upwards almost 30 ft into the tree-branches of the ancient pines surrounding it. Tylax instructed the team to go around the rock, “As the clock turns” 3 times. While the pilot did this, Tylax pulled a small golden amulet from a hide-pouch on her hip; a golden cross with a loop at the top (Those familiar with it may have recognized it as Egyptian or Palladium holy symbol), which began to glow as the vehicle moved around the stone obelisk.
On the first circle around, an ambient blue glow began to suffuse the interior and exterior of the vehicle. On the second transit around, the trees outside seemed to twist and warp, and the pilot could see the aft end of the RV (and anyone looking out through the observation canopy). On the final pass, the terrain had changed. From a level and relatively clear pine-woods to broken pre-Cambrian granite covered in lichen and moss with birches, spruce and other shallow-rooted trees. In front of the RV was a path cut through the spring plants & trees; a rough but gravel paved road that appeared to be well-traveled. Also, two Shemarrian warriors mounted on what resembled a cross between a robotic giant stork and ostrich barred the path; their Lances leveled at the cockpit of the RV.

*Fade from black; roll beginning titles*

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Love it.... :ok: Nice cinematic feel to it. Can't wait to hear/read what happens next(of COURSE I'm going to have to wait! What am I SAYING??!!? :frust: )
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Plot gets thick enough you need a chainsaw to cut-it ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Plot gets thick enough you need a chainsaw to cut-it ;)

How about a plasma torch?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Due to IRL situations that are kicking me about mentally, the futher revalations of the EctrozShemarr to my PC's will have to wait a bit.
I'll probably post a link from 'The Story so far' to here.
LOTS happend.
Big time.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Due to IRL situations that are kicking me about mentally, the futher revalations of the EctrozShemarr to my PC's will have to wait a bit.
I'll probably post a link from 'The Story so far' to here.
LOTS happend.
Big time.

S'right....
It will give me more material to write new material around... :-D
(and no, I haven't abandoned the 'Shemarrians in Space'...just original R&D takes time...I want their ships to be more than just cut-and-paste jobs even if they ARE using technology copied from other sources and kludged together...after all, they're LIVING technology.)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:S'right....
It will give me more material to write new material around... :-D
(and no, I haven't abandoned the 'Shemarrians in Space'...just original R&D takes time...I want their ships to be more than just cut-and-paste jobs even if they ARE using technology copied from other sources and kludged together...after all, they're LIVING technology.)

Oh I agree completely. :) 8)
But for now their space fleet (all of 1 busted-up Kittani mantid crusier) is gonna start small.
Later, once the wheels are in motion, the Hawkmoon (along with some of the Ghost Rider clan that have been 'awakend') will begin to cement their place on the cosmic and megaversal stage.

Samll steps first (well...at least in THIS 'verse). :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

The good news is, I;m finally hammering along on four Shemarrian spacecraft designs...
The bad news, it was only three designs this morning...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:The good news is, I;m finally hammering along on four Shemarrian spacecraft designs...

I still haven't posted 'the story so far' from 2 sessions ago; we're even ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:The good news is, I;m finally hammering along on four Shemarrian spacecraft designs...

I still haven't posted 'the story so far' from 2 sessions ago; we're even ;)

Rushed through the shipyard(bless modular construction!)

Shemar Unipelta Transport Cruiser

“Yeah, Two of those Shrimps just set down on our pads, with little or no forewarning, so we were understandably alarmed. What with the pods on those things, you can’t tell what they’re carrying. They might unleash a broadside of missiles, a barrage of those wild plasma firefries of theirs, a howling horde of warrior-women on their war-monsters, or they might be dumping their garbage off. This time they just showed up, demanded we have medical personnel come out to greet them, and popped their bay hatches. Next thing we know, there’s about two thousand or so stark naked people wandering out on the field, looking dazed and confused. Seemed the Shemar had popped a Splugorth cruiser and liberated its ‘cargo’, and they were now dropping them off on us.”

It is difficult to classify these ships; they are certainly capable light combatants, but their primary role seems to be as personnel transports and salvage craft.
Unipelta(from Unipeltata, the suborder of Mantis-Shrimp. It is unknown what the Shemarrians call this design) bear some resemblance to Kittani ‘Mantis’ destroyers(further evidence, in the eyes of many, to some sort of Shemmarian-Splugorth connection), and to terrestrial mantis-shrimp in general, with a long, lean fuselage, prominent sensory clusters and armature-like weapons/tool mounts forward, multi-segmented midsection, and a flared tail aft.
The central section is actually a series of modular hull sections that be swapped out and reconfigured depending on the desired role of the craft. It is has been speculated that the Unipelta was originally developed as a more narrow-focused craft, but the addition of these modular bays has altered the original purpose of the design, giving it a greater versatility and thus, larger production than originally planned.
A common module is an armored bloc containing multiple cells, each capable of holding a fully armed and armored Shemar Warrior in stasis. Though this certainly saves on life support and entertainment of bored soldiers on long transits, many analysts question the state of preparedness ‘cold-stored’ troops would have entering a battlefield without time to respond to updated information. It is likely, though, given the observed bionic nature of the Shemarrians that they use some sort of linked Virtual Reality system to keep their warriors up to date, even trained in VR sim, while their bodies are asleep. The cells are equally capable of holding most humanoids in stasis; Unipelta have been known to transport liberated slaves, or scavenged bodies, in stasis.
Additional midsection modules include cargo bays, autofac pods, hangar space, and drop-pod bays.
The Unipelta is quite heavily armored for its class, and well-armed, in keeping with apparent Shemarrian tactical doctrine. These features come in very handy when the Unipelta is making troop drops or shifting through still-hot battlefields for salvage. Though not considered to be a front-line combat ship by the Shemarrians, the Unipelta comes armed for trouble, and can serve quite ably as a light combatant, especially if outfitted with the right modular bays. They are also extremely fast vessels, and can get in and out of trouble in a hurry on the power of their engines alone.
It is interesting to note that most Unipelta thus far encountered have been crewed by Male Shemmarrians. It has been speculated that given the assigned roles of these vessels as second-echelon ships, the matriarchal Shemarrians assign the transports to the socially lower-ranking males. However, Unipeltas also seem to be the favored personal transport starships of the ‘Spinster’ caste, and it is not unusual to encounter Unipeltas outfitted as traveling workshops for the technician-healers.
Unipeltas are primarily used for moving personnel and cargo about the unknowable limits of the SheMar realms. They are also encountered lurking around battle sites, salvaging useful items, and around resource-rich regions such as asteroids, mining them for metals and other minerals. They are also used to deploy troops to the field, though usually under the escort of heavier combat units. Occasionally they can be found acting as escorts themselves, or picket ships for the larger SheMar vessels. However, some clans assign particular tasks to these ships. The Blood Riders use their crimson-painted Unipeltas more heavily in combat roles, while the Wolf’s Path deploys more Unipeltas in a ‘missile boat’ configuration than other clans. The GhostRider clan in particular, seems to like using these ships to scavenge corpses(for whatever reason) from battlefields, earning them the nickname ‘Valkyries’. Dark Waters clan Unipeltas have been observed sporting more EW countermeasure gear and operating with more stealth systems, when they can be detected and observed at all.
Unipeltas can be encountered alone or in squadron strength in the Three Galaxies. They are a fairly common vessel in EShemar formations.

Type: ESheMar-LC-01-Unipelta
Class: Light Cruiser/Transport
Crew: 45(typically 70% Male Shemrrians, 30% ‘NeShemar’(including Re’Mar))
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 4,500
Bridge 900
Weapons Armatures(2) 1,200 each
Sensor Spikes/fins(12) 100 each
Midsection Modules(6) 500 each
Engines(3) 2,000 each
Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(4) 160 each
Variable Forcefields---1,500 per side(6,000 total)
Height: 110 ft
Width: 150 ft
Length: 620 ft
Weight: 50,000 tons
Cargo: 1,200 tons
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 30 year energy life
Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 3; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 16
(Kitsune Values: 65% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.6% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 5 light years per hour
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Unique to the Shemarrians and not for sale. If made available, a fully-equipped and functional Unipelta might bring 650 million credits or more
Systems of Note:
Standard Starship Systems, plus:
*Sensor Baffling----The Shemar ships can partially mask their sensor spoor, making themselves difficult to detect at long range. This acts as Stealth(-70% to detect while stationary, -30% when moving)

*Tractor Beams(3)----Effectively each rated for 1,000 tons dead weight, but can be used for imparting small changes in momentum/direction to ships/structures several times that mass. One emitter is mounted in each claw, and the third is mounted in the tail.
Range: 5 miles in space(NOT usable in atmosphere)(Kitsune Values: 5,000 miles in space).

Weapons Systems:
1) Modular Weapons Armatures(2)--The two claw-like armature pylons tucked to either side of the bow are modular weapons mounts with two slots(4 total) each for mounting heavy weapons. Each slot (unless otherwise noted) can hold ONE of the following:
a)Medium Laser Cannon
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 16,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x100 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: Four shots per melee
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

b) Plasma Cannon
Range: 6 miles in atmosphere, 12 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 12 miles in atmosphere, 12,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per blast

c) Plasma Torpedo Launcher
Range: 10 miles in atmosphere, 50 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 50 miles in atmosphere, 50,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-4 plasma bolts per pod. Three volleys per melee

d) Particle Beam Cannon
Range: 4 miles in atmosphere, 8 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 8 miles in atmosphere, 8,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d46x100 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: Three shots per melee

e) Heavy G-Cannon
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 16,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x100 MD per burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH(4-6)
Payload: 2,000 bursts per cannon

f) Short-Range Missile Launcher
Range: Varies by Missile Type
(Kitsune Values: 10 miles in atmosphere, 500 miles in space)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-30
Payload: 300 missiles per launcher

g) Medium-Range Missile Launcher
(Kitsune Values: 160 miles in atmosphere, 80,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-20
Payload: 220 missiles each launcher

h) Long-Range Missile Launcher
Range: Varies by Missile Type (Long Range)
(Kitsune Values: 3,400 miles in atmosphere, 1,800,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 60 missiles per launcher

i) Cruise Missile Launcher
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-5 each launcher
Payload: 10 each launcher

j) Robot Armature---A giant folding robotic arm, typically used in mining work, but occasionally in boarding actions. It can extend 100 ft, has a Robotic P.S. of 65, and can do 2d6x10 MD on a punch/claw.

2) Medium Range Missile Launcher(1) ----Mounted just behind the ‘head’ is a dorsal missile launcher, typically used for self-defense/antimissile counterfire.
(Kitsune Values: 160 miles in atmosphere, 80,000 miles in space)
Payload: 200 missiles

3)Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(4)---Standard Shemarrian-pattern rail gun/pulse laser combo. One turret is mounted in front just under the ‘head’, one is mounted on each dorsal ‘shoulder blade’, and the last is mounted under the tail.
Range: (Rail Gun) 2 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
(Laser) 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 300 miles in space)
Damage: (Rail Gun)4D6x10 M.D. per blast
(Laser) 3D6x10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: (Rail Gun)EGCHH(4-6)
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)
Payload: (Rail Gun) 2,000 rd drum. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited

Auxiliary Craft:
*2 small shuttles

Options:
The modular cargo bays and outrigger weapons arms give the Unipelta a degree of modularity that few other Shemarrian(or even other Three Galaxies) ships enjoy.
Modular Bays:
-Passenger Module---This is a sleeper car-style module with fairly comfortable accommodations(bathroom, diner/kitchenette, airliner-style seating, small lounge/recreational area) for 40 awake and moving passengers.

-Hiber Transport---Filled with hiber-cubicles, each pod can hold 80 fully armed Shemarrian warriors, or 30 with Warsteeds, or 80 human-sized passengers in cold sleep(320 if stacked four to a hibercell---not advised unless special precautions are taken)

-Cargo Pod---Can hold 200 tons of materials each

-Drop Pod---This specialized module holds conventional cargo ‘cans’ and the equipment needed to eject them from the ship for low-space/high-atmo drop missions. The cans are held upright and ejected along their long axis. Each pod can hold four ‘Giant’ cans ready to drop, or 40 ‘Standard’ cans.

-Hangar Pod---Each pod has a hatch port/starboard, and can hold 4 small shuttles/light fighters, or 2 larger fighters(Black Eagle-sized)

-Missile/Mine Pod---Each pod can hold 300 short range missiles (volleys of 1-10 each launcher), OR 160 medium range missiles (volleys of 1-8 each launcher), OR 80 long range missiles (volleys of 1-4 each launcher), OR 60 cruise missiles(if available). Double those numbers if conventional space mines instead.

-Plasma Torpedo Pod---Features port and starboard plasma ejectors. ---A cross between a missile launcher in terms of volley capability and area of effect, and energy weapons in terms of range and recharge capability, these weapons fire veritable storms of plasma pulses similar to ball lightning. Against massed fighters and larger ships, these weapons can prove particularly devastating.
(Kitsune Values: 50 miles in atmosphere, 50,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-4 plasma bolts per pod. Three volleys per melee

-Other observed/inferred modules have included dedicated EW/Countermeasure/Jamming modules, autofac asteroid mining pods, laboratory/science modules, prison/big cell blocs, and sensor pods.

Variants:
Aside from the configurations possible with the main armaments and modular midsection, the only variants of note of this class are cosmetic; individual Shemarrian clans tend to give the ships in their fleet(s) individual touches that identify clans and even individual ships. The Hawkmoon fleet Unipeltas have had their various fins and sensor appendages made to look like feathered wings or outstretched talons, the Silvermoon clan favors fins in the shapes of crescents and half-crescents, the Skullcrushers favor hull colors akin to bleached or yellowed bone, etc. However, just as many Unipeltas have been observed in ‘generic’ hull livery, giving no clue as to their clan affiliation/registry.
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:eek: :eek: :eek:
*blink blink*
Sweet. Definately a useful and adaptable design. Perfectly in keeping with the EShemarr philosophy(s).

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

While I work on the bigger ships, here's a little adventure:

What's the Value of Nothing?
A Shemarrian Civil War Adventure

Setting: A small town in the west, away from the East Coast. Something about/near the town has attracted ARCHIE-3's attention; it could be or in addition to whatever interferes with ARCHIE-3's transmissions in the region(periodic thunderstorms of unusual intensity, a ridge rich in particular/peculiar minerals running between the town and the East, or whatever the townspeople are mining/excavating just outside town). Archie-3 has managed to infiltrate a Pariah into the community and she has ingratiated herself to the small community(the orphans at the local orphanage have taken a shine to her, the local champion or son of the headsman is sweet on her, she helps the crippled old mother of the resident pastor, etc.), and she is able to observe what's going on there, gathering information and periodically leaving town and the region of interference to upload her report. Thus far, the Pariah hasn't had anything earthshattering to report, but has been gathering more information and may be getting close to something. The Pariah has not been informed as yet of the Shemarrian Civil War shaping up East.
One day a small group of fully armed Shemarrians come into town and demand to see the Pariah. Going along with her programming, the Pariah initially goes along with the newcomers, but at some point begins to struggle(hasn't received proper clearance codes, whatever).
For whatever reason, seeing the kindly, sympathetic, scarred and scared d-bee woman they've taken into their hearts being led off in chains by arrogant warrior women, the townspeople rally to her defense and drive off the newcomers. The confrontation begins.

The newcomers are, of course, Ecotroz Shemar who have come following reports of a Pariah of their kind in the region. The group sent into the villiage is small, maybe 1-3 EShemarrians or maybe a small party of NeShemar cyborgs eager to prove themselves. They were just planning to come in, grab the Pariah, take her out into the woods, and convert her to their cause in a simple accost-and-convert. The EShemar party is small enough that the villagers (and whatever visiting adventuring party is in town at the time) feels confident they can deal with the obnoxious newcomers(or maybe they just haven't heard of the Shemarrians before).
In any case, the villagers' resistance has just complicated things. The EShemar don't want to hurt anybody, they just want the Pariah to add to their numbers, and maybe find out what she's learned out here as well. With the villagers on guard, the initial party will retreat and come back later with a LARGER party of EShemar and either grab the Pariah by force, or force the villagers to turn her over to them with some impressive displays of power.

Unfortunately, ARCHIE-3 has learned through spies (maybe spy-birds) that some of his missing Shemarrians are in the area. He's sent a party(or two) of his own Shemarrians to investigate and confront any of the 'lost'. They arrive in force a day or so later. If they meet the villagers first, they learn of the previous group's interest in the Pariah, and may demand that she be turned over to them(the villagers should refuse as the ARCHIE-3 party isn't any larger or imposing than the initial EShemar party, or else the villagers have reinforcements enough to counter what the Shemmarians apparently bring to the party). If the Archie-Shemar meet the EShemar first, their first priority will be neutralizing the disidents. For further confusion, the two Shemarrian groups can belong to the SAME CLANS(only one of them's been possessed by the Ecotroz).
This could shape up into a big battle, as it may draw in other EShemar, ARCHIE-3 may send additional reinforcements, and additional third and fourth parties may be attracted to the fray.

Until she receives orders from Archie-3, the Pariah will try to flee or hide(her efforts may be hampered by villagers and allies trying to keep her safe). If she does manage to slip away and establish contact with ARCHIE, she'll receive orders to escape, or destroy herself if capture becomes imminent.

If the AShemmarian party is able to establish contact with ARCHIE-3 with the information that the EShemar are after the Pariah, they'll recieve instructions to capture or destroy the Pariah to keep her from falling into enemy hands.

If the villagers try to interfere, the party most confident of victory will advise them to 'stay out of Shemarrian affairs that do not concern you'.

ARCHIE's forces win if they are able to keep the Pariah out of Ecotroz hands, and kill as many of the enemy as they can. If ARCHIE really wants to roll over the Ecotroz, he may order in non-Shemarrian 'bots, but if that's the case, depending on the aftermath and what anybody saw, ARCHIE-3 may order the village and everybody eliminated(get rid of any eyewitnesses).

The EShemar win if they're able to take the Pariah, without harming any of the villagers. Any more of ARCHIE's 'bots they're able to capture and convert are a bonus(if the Pariah is recaptured or killed/destroyed, or the battle turns against them, the EShemar will attempt to lead the Shemarrians away, possibly into a trap under more favorable circumstances to the EShemar). If the EShemar are successful in vanquishing ARCHIE's minions and taking the Pariah, some time afterwards the Pariah will return to the village and explain to her friends that she's been 'reclaimed', and may promise to return when 'the current troubles' are over. She'll then leave the village to return to the company of the EShemar party waiting for her just on the edge of the village.

The villagers and their allies(if anybody survives), will be left shaking their heads, and those with any knowledge about the Shemarrians will have some puzzling new information and more questions about them. For instance, why did two groups of Shemarrians just fight tooth and nail over an apparent outcast from their society?

Twist:
A nasty twist would be to have whatever the villagers were excavating woken up/activated by the battle nearby...Something big and nasty comes to play. Depending on circumstances, the Shemarrians of either or both sides may retreat or stay and fight the new danger.
Other possible outside interference may include a large Coalition military force showing up, a Rift opening, or other event.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote::eek: :eek: :eek:
*blink blink*
Sweet. Definately a useful and adaptable design. Perfectly in keeping with the EShemarr philosophy(s).

A lot of Kittani influence, some Mechanoid influence, even some Paladin Steel input, perhaps soem Templar help.
:D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Cytibor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cytibor »

Awesome scenario, Talisman. I've been pondering how to introduce the Shemarrians and Ecotroz Shemar in my campaign, and this has all the elements of confusion I was hoping for. :D Can't say as I won't make my own modifications [certain players following this thread, can't let them see my plans :lol:], of course, but two thumbs way up.

And yes, your creations continue to hold me in awe and rapt attention. ;) The Unipelta is very cool.
Rifts GM, casual gamer, self-published author.
Rifts Campaign Forum Thread: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=115582&start=0
Smashwords profile: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/MatthewJones
taalismn
Priest

Cytibor wrote:Awesome scenario, Talisman. I've been pondering how to introduce the Shemarrians and Ecotroz Shemar in my campaign, and this has all the elements of confusion I was hoping for. :D Can't say as I won't make my own modifications [certain players following this thread, can't let them see my plans :lol:], of course, but two thumbs way up.

And yes, your creations continue to hold me in awe and rapt attention. ;) The Unipelta is very cool.

Thank you! I'm working on two capital ships and an assault shuttle design. Working with the Kittani as a basis is a great excuse to use insects and sea life as inspiration..Building BIG ships gives me an excuse to ladle on firepower, but wholly new technologies take time to create and refine.
Still, I hope to have the stuff ready this weekend(Celebrate the Fourth with Anti-Matter!) :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
Cytibor wrote:Awesome scenario, Talisman. I've been pondering how to introduce the Shemarrians and Ecotroz Shemar in my campaign, and this has all the elements of confusion I was hoping for. :D Can't say as I won't make my own modifications [certain players following this thread, can't let them see my plans :lol:], of course, but two thumbs way up.

Thank you! I'm working on two capital ships and an assault shuttle design. Working with the Kittani as a basis is a great excuse to use insects and sea life as inspiration..Building BIG ships gives me an excuse to ladle on firepower, but wholly new technologies take time to create and refine.
Still, I hope to have the stuff ready this weekend(Celebrate the Fourth with Anti-Matter!) :-D

Nothing says freedom and independance like an M / A-M reaction in the 0.5 gigatonne range :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

I promised you heavy metal mongery....here goes...

Scarab-class Assault Shuttle
“Sir? We got a bug problem...as in six giant Scarabs on the base roof, and they’re looking to get in.”

The Scarab-class ASAV is a combination of high performance assault shuttle and robot vehicle used by the Shemarrians for deploying ground troops.
True to its name, the Scarab resembles a giant beetle; tech-analysts see a number of features that led them to believe it is based in part on the Kittani Insecton-crawler. Two thick, heavily armored carapace plates/airfoils cover two sets of retractable atmospheric maneuvering wings. Six landing legs double as fully articulated and functional robotic crawling legs. A set of mandibles in the front can be used to latch on to a ship, clear ground cover, and chew through obstacles.
Armor is extremely heavy for the vessel’s size, and a powerful complement of ranged weaponry, concentrated primarily in the nose, gives the Scarab a serious punch in securing a landing zone. A rear troop compartment can hold a mixed complement of cyborg infantry or cavalry, with the means to quickly disembark them via lowered ramp on the ground, or ejection-jump while still airborne.
Though smaller and carrying a less numerous complement of troops than the shuttles of othe powers, the Scarab is by size more heavily armored and armed, and its cyborg passengers are inarguably superior to an equal weight or number of other species’ infantry. The downside of this design is that, unless other larger shuttles or means of transport are available, a Scarab must make multiple trips to deploy a Shemarrian ship’s complement of troops to a planetary surface; not always desireable or possible in a hot war zone.
Several variants of the Scarab have been observed, mainly taking advantage of the rear compartment to outfit the shuttle with heavy armaments. This has led to more than a few nasty surprises for opponents bracing themselves for a troop landing, only to discover themselves under intense missile or plasma bombardment.
Note: The Scarab is NOT known to be inhabited/possessed by an Ecotroz Intelligence; it’s a vehicle, not an autonomous robot.

Type:ESheMar-ASV01
Class: Assault Shuttle
Crew: 4+1-20 passengers/troops
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 2,900
Cockpit 200
Pincers(2) 150 each
Horn Rail Guns(4) 100 each
Horn Laser Cannon(2) 110 each
Laser Turrets(2) 100 each
Wing Shields(2) 800 each
Retractable Atmo-Wings/Airbrakes(4) 250 each
Rear Ramp 400
Legs(6) 200 each
Height: 25 ft
Width: 20 ft
Length: 70 ft
Weight: 700 tons
Cargo: Can carry 20 Shemarrian Warriors, OR 6 w/ Warsteeds
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 30 year energy life
Speed:
(Ground) Can crawl along at 60 MPH
(Sublight) Mach 8
(Kitsune Values: 25% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 0.8% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) Not possible
(Underwater) CAN operate underwater, ‘swimming’ at 25 MPH, or crawling along the bottom at 12 MPH. Maximum depth: 1,000 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the SheMar. Would cost 250 million credits or more if made available on the market
Systems of Note:
Standard Aerospace Shuttle/Robot Systems, plus:

*Laser Reflective Armor---The Scarab’s iridescent hull-shell does more than just look pretty; it’s a composite of laser-ablative and -reflective long-chain polymers and ceramics. Lasers do HALF damage to it.

*EW Scrambler---80 mile range. Scrambles radio signals in that area of effect and has a 45% chance of deflecting/decoying enemy missiles.

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Rail Guns(4)---These are mounted firing forward in what look like ‘antlers’ emerging from the Scarab’s head. They have a limited 30-degree arc of fire.
Range: 2 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
Damage: 4D6x10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire:EGCHH(4-6)
Payload:1,000 rd drum.

2) Pulse Lasers(2) ---Like the HRGs described above, these are mounted firing forward in what look like ‘antlers’ emerging from the Scarab’s head. They have a limited 30-degree arc of fire.
Range: 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
Damage: 3D6x10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

3) Pulse-Turrets(2, one dorsal atop the thorax, the other ventral just under the tip of the tail)---These are not as powerful as those in the nose, but have a greater play of fire (360 degree rotation, 90-degree elevation)
Range: 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
Damage: 2D6x10 M.D. per pulse burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

4)Hand to Hand Combat---The Scarab is actually capable of limited close quarters combat with its robotics.
Stomp (objects 12 feet tall of smaller) 2d4x10 MD
Kick 1d4x10 MD
Body Block/Ram 2d4x10 MD
Pincer Crush 2d6x10 MD

Variants:
*ESheMar-ASV01B---’Bombardier Beetle’. This variant replaces the troop compartment with a modular missile/bomb bay, turning the Scarab into a bomber. The outer wing covers have to open up to reveal the launchers, which resemble the hexagonal hatches on the original Kittani Insecton, and the launchers deploy their ordnance port and starboard.
a) MIni-Missiles--- 384, volleys of 1-48
b) Short Range Missiles---192, volleys of 1-24
c) Medium Range Missiles--- 96, volleys of 1-24
d) Long Range Missiles--- 48, volleys of 1-12
e) Bombs----Freefall ‘dumb’ or ‘smart’ munitions.
Range: Up to 5 miles from the drop site, either side of the flight path
Damage: Varies, same types and damage as the missiles of the same weight class, but triple the blast radius.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 bombs at a time(or up to 60 mini-bombs).
Payload: 72 Heavy Bombs, OR 144 Medium Bombs, OR 200 Light Bombs, or 360 Mini-Bombs
Bonuses for ‘Smart’ munitions: Hitting a large stationary target like a buiilding, bridge, or large immobile vessel/vehicle is automatic! To hit a moving target, roll to strike(with a +6 to strike), A volley can target one target, or separate to attack several targets.

*ESheMar-ASV01C---’Lightning Bug’. Like the ‘B’ variant, the ‘C’-variant replaces the troop compartment with a weapons pod; in this case a powerful plasma torpedo launcher that, firing at maximum rate of fire, almost melts the shuttle from power demand.
(Kitsune Values: 50 miles in atmosphere, 5,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Single shot. Three volleys per melee

*ESheMar-ASV01EW---’Black Beetle’. A stealth version fitted with radar-invisible armor in place of the laser-resistant version, and with sensor baffling gear. It also has provision for carrying a squad of ten Male Shemarrians, and is intended for covert recon and commando deployments.
An ASV01E/C version of this is also suspected of existing---instead of troops, the stealth craft carries a plasma torpedo launcher similar to the ASV01C(described above).
-Radar Invisible Armor---Outfitted with this cutting edge material, augmented by other passive stealth enhancements, the Scarab has only a 10% chance of being detected by enemy radar.
-Sensor Jammers--100 mile range. Jams radars and radar targetting systems with 75% effectiveness. Radar- and laser-guided weapons are -6 to strike.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

SheMar Remora Cruisers
“Once we have learned where the Splugorth are breeding these...things....in the flesh of humans, we will send a squadron to shut down their operations permanently! The worms shall not traffick in their obscene trade in the dark regions under -OUR- protection!”

“We’ll be trailing the Shemar cruiser squadron backtracking that ship of parasite breeders. Hopefully they’ll run into some Splug ships. You ever see a Kitty cruiser on the wrong end of a Shemar plasma torpedo barrage? Like a spider caught in a flamethrower, or like getting broadsided by a plasma storm.”

Remoras are fast cruisers used by the SheMar for patrol and raiding, and seem to be the rough equivalent, for the SheMar, of the CCW’s Aranae-class cruiser. Fast, maneuverable, and well-armed, they are optimized for anti-spacecraft work, with a powerful array of energy weapons, backup batteries of point defense weapons, and a complement of boarding troops/marines and fighters.
Remoras have a long, monobloc fuselage, with clusters of sensor fins fore and aft giving them the appearance of oversized air-to-air missiles. Most of their weaponry is concealed behind sliding hatches or sealable ports; when deployed, the smooth lines of the ship are broken by the bristling armaments. A small, but powerful, mixed complement of vehicles and Warsteeds give the ships a potent boarding or raiding force.
Remoras can be found scouting and patroling alone, or in squadrons of 2-4 ships. Remoras have been sighted sporting the insignia of all of the known Shemarrian clans, suggesting it is a relatively common design among their people.
Remoras were first encountered literally attached to the flanks of a Scorpio-class battlecruiser, and they were accordingly named for the fish that escort terrestrial sharks.
Type: ESheMar--CG-02
Class: Medium Cruiser
Crew: 60 + provison for up to 150 passengers/troops
MDC/Armor by Location
Main Body 20,000
Bridge 9,000
Heavy Particle Cannons(7) 800 each
Plasma Torpedo Launcher Banks(2) 800 each
Long Range Missile Battery(1) 700
Point Defense Particle Beam Cannons(10) 160 each
Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(12) 160 each
Main Engine 9,000
Auxilary Engines(2) 2,000 each
Hangar Bays(2) 900 each
Sensory Fin 2,000
Wing Fins(7) 1,000 each
Variable Forcefield 10,000 per side ( 60,000 total)
Length: 2,400 ft
Height: 700 ft
Width: 420 ft from fin tip to fintip(hull is about 380 ft wide)
Weight: 160,000 tons
Cargo: 74,000 tons
Powerplant: Matter-Antimatter equivalent w/ 50 year energy life
Speed:
(Sublight) Mach 11
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.1% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 8 light years per hour
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the SheMar. It’s estimated that a similar vessel would cost 100 billion credits or more to produce/acquire.
Systems of Note:
*Sensor Baffling----The Shemar ships can partially mask their sensor spoor, making themselves difficult to detect at long range. This acts as Stealth(-70% to detect while stationary, -30% when moving)

*Sensor Jamming---Active sensor jamming can be employed at shorter ranges to jam and confuse enemy sensors, as well as interfere with communications. The downside is that the amount of interference pumped out will alert EW-savvy opponents of the presence of a jamming platform. Effective Range: 800 miles. -6 to target the ship with active sensors.

*Command Linkage---The cyber-psionic command and control exercised by the EShemar give them faster response times: +1 to Initiative and +1 to strike.

Weapons Systems:
1) Heavy Particle Cannons(7) ---Thes powerful turreted cannons are mounted towards the front end of the vessel, but can rotate to cover the flanks.
Range: 16 miles in atmosphere, 90 miles in space6 miles, 2 miles in atmosphe (Kitsune Values: 90 miles in atmosphere, 90,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x1,000 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee

2) Heavy Spinal G-Cannon---Continuing an apparent Shemarrian tradition of big projectile weapons, the Remora carries a massive central gravitic cannon running almost the entire length of the ship. Although the weapon’s placement requires the ship to practically aim itself in bring the weapon to bear(the muzzle turret only has about 60 degrees of play in angling the accelerated shot), the cannon is more powerful than most capital ship G-cannons, and can inflict serious damage with a single shot to even capital units.
Range: 60 miles in atmosphere, 120 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 120 miles in atmosphere, 120,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x1,000 MD per round, or can fire a fragmenting anti-missile/fighter shell that does 1d4x100 MD to a 100 ft wide area
Payload: 1,000 rds ready to fire. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.

3)Long Range Missile Battery(1)---Located in the ventral side of the ship is a large missile bay firing conventional LRMs.
Range: Varies by Missile Type (Long Range)
Damage:Varies by Missile Type
Payload: 400 missiles ready to launch; additional missiles may be carried and loaded from cargo, but will take at least 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 12 missiles)

4) Heavy Plasma Torpedo Batteries(2)---A cross between a missile launcher in terms of volley capability and area of effect, and energy weapons in terms of range and recharge capability, these weapons fire veritable storms of plasma pulses similar to ball lightning. Against massed fighters and larger ships, these weapons can prove particularly devastating.
Range: 25 miles in atmosphere, 100 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in atmosphere, 100,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-12 plasma bolts. Three volleys per melee

5) Point Defense Particle Beam Cannons(10)
Range: 1.5 miles in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
Damage: 6d6x10 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: EGCHH(4-6)

6) Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(12)---Standard Shemarrian-pattern rail gun/pulse laser combination in a common turret.
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)
Payload: (Rail Gun) 2,000 rd drum. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.

Auxiliary Craft:
*36 Aerospace Fighters
*6 Scarab Shuttles
*4 Heavy Shuttles
*6 Additional Aerospace Craft(additional shuttles, Scarab variants, lighters, etc.)
*40 Space-Capable Warsteeds

Variants
*ESheMar--CG-02CM---This variant has only been seen thus far with ships identified as being with the Hawkmoon and Skullcrusher fleets. In place of the long range missile launcher bay, this variant instead is fitted with a large cruise missile launcher system. Whether these variant reflect a clan preference in weapons and tactics, or merely better access to the technology and resources to use more expensive cruise missiles is unknown.
Range:Varies by Missile Type
Payload: 240 missiles ready to fire. Additional missiles may be stored in the cargo holds and reloaded within 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 6 missiles)
Last edited by taalismn on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

SheMar ‘Scorpio’ BattleCarrier

“Yeah, I was there at the Trishald Gate when it looked like the Splugorth were going to break through our defenses, running from crater to crater, watching my Brothers and Sisters getting wasted beside me while we shifted gun positions on the warden moons, while the sky above us was full of fighting and dying ships. There were WAY too many of those damn Servitude spiders waiting to come down and party with us, or zip through once the defenses were down, and fall upon the Alliance worlds! Noldek himself was said to be coming with reinforcements, including most of our new battleships, but the Golgans had been making trouble and the new fleet was way on the other side of our territory and still days away! Meanwhile, we were looking eyeball to eyeball over our guns with those bonebrowed Kittani and those slimey minions!
That was when those two Shemar battlewagons jumped in. I’ll tell you, they made quite an entrance and an immediate difference, appearing like they did almost in the center of the Splugs! A bright red one looking like it was covered in streaks of blood and a black one covered in patterns of glowing circuitry, and they cut loose with everything they had the moment they appeared! They must have taken out a half-dozen Kitty cruisers in that first volley alone and took every other one of them puss-suckers by surprise! Then they started pumping out missiles and more! And by more I mean hordes of their Warsteeds, pouncing on Splug ships and taking them on hand to hand! Some of those ships were close enough to the moon I was on that we could watch with our oculars! Damn, but those ladies can fight!”

These massive warships have only recently begun appearing in the Three Galaxies. Little is known of the people who construct and man them, a race that appears to be a matriarchal society of humanoid cyborgs calling themselves the ‘SheMar’, the ‘ Ecotroz Shemar’, and sometimes the ‘Templars’, the latter suggesting some militant religious order. The SheMar have at various times claimed regions of unexplored space as ‘their’ territory, warning other ships away from sections of space, while at other times they have simply appeared in odd corners of the Three Galaxies. This has led some to speculate that the SheMar may be nomads, or have homeworlds secreted in the Fringe Arms or the Thundercloud Galaxy. They have fought various threats ranging from space pirates to Demonstars, but seem to have a special enmity against the Splugorth.
The ‘Scorpio’ is the largest ‘standard’ SheMar starship design thus far seen with their forces; a giant carrier-cum-battleship that serves as a mobile support base for SheMar taskforces, and heavy fire support for battlegroups. At least one ship has been seen sporting the flamboyant insignia of several of the identified SheMar clans, the Hawkmoon, Blood Riders, Silvermoon, Darkwaters, Ghost Riders, and Shadowblades. No more than one ship of this class has been seen at a time sporting the individual clan colors, and it is not known if each clan has only one of these warships to its name, only the more prosperous and numerous clans possess them, or if the clans maintain fleets of these craft.
The Scorpio has a long, sleek, hull design that is both technological and seemingly organic; the ship looks like a deep sea crustacean or predator, and some analysts claim it has certain Kittani design aspects(this has been seized upon as one possible explanation for the SheMar hatred of the Splugorth; they may have been a former slave species that has successfully revolted). About two-thirds of the way down the hull, sprouts a tall fin that extends through the hull, and supports a powerful suite of sensors and jamming gear. Aft of the fin, the hull fans out into a ‘lobster tail’ of fins and baffles that provide additional jamming and shrouding of the starship’s drive emissions. There is nothing subtle about these ships; they are heavily armed and armored, packing a powerful complement of energy and projectile weapons, backed by powerful shields, heavy armor, and contingents of both fighters and warriors. These ships rarely travel alone, and frequently appear escorted by a fleet of smaller ships. In fact, up to four Remora-class cruisers can actually attach to the ship’s flanks, providing additional power, armament, and fighter protection. Because the Shemar, and even the NeShemar, have greatly reduced environmental life support needs, more power can be routed to shields, drive, and weapons. In fact, when aboard ship, many of those Shemarrians not on active duty often stand in stasis cells, their bodies inactive, but their minds linked electronically/psionically into virtual reality sims or a common shipboard ‘chatroom’. The ships retain small deck areas compatible and comfortable for most human-like life, but the majority of these ships’ decks would be uncomfortably cold, hot, thin-aired, or irradiated to unprotected humans. Again, because of the inhuman constitution of the Shemar, the ships can engage their engines at higher accelerations than most human-crewed warships of equivalent size.
Two Scorpios are known to have appeared together in Central Alliance space to help General Noldek’s forces repel a Splugorth attack force. The crews of the warships were subsequently lauded and praised as heroes by the victorious Alliance soldiers, and the cyborg SheMar welcomed as champions at any Alliance port they should choose to visit, then, or in the future. With characteristic stoic modesty, the SheMar politely and gravely thanked Noldek’s emissaries, and excused themselves from the festivities, citing only that they still had other duties to see to, before their ships vanished once more into the depths of space.
Type: ESheMar-CV/BB1
Class: Command Battleship
Crew: 1,200+240 air crew(with capacity for carrying up to 2,000 passengers/troops)
MDC/Armor by Location
Main Body 240,000
Bridge 18,000
Tail/Sensor/Com Array 10,000
Heavy Grav-Cannon(7) 2,000 each
Plasma Batteries(20) 1,000 each
Missile Batteries(10) 900 each
Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(30) 160 each
Hangar Bay 12,000
Main Engine 26,000
Auxiliary Engines(4) 3,000 each
Variable Forcefield 16,000 per side ( 96,000 total)

Length: 5,400 ft
Width: 600 ft
Height: 1,000 from lower fin to the top of the rear antennae assembly
Weight: 72 million tons
Cargo: 500,000 tons
Powerplant: Matter-Antimatter equivalent w/ 50 year energy life
Speed:
(Sublight) Mach 11(with two Remora Cruisers hard-docked to the ship, the Scorpio can make Mach 12. With FOUR Remoras hard-docked, sublight speed goes up to Mach 14)
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.1% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 7 light years per hour(with two Remora Cruisers hard-docked to the ship, the Scorpio can make 8 light years an hour. With FOUR Remoras hard-docked, FTL speed goes up to 8.4 light years an hour)
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the SheMar. It’s estimated that a similar vessel would cost 150 billion credits or more to produce/acquire.
Systems of Note:
*Long Range Sensors---Exact statistics are difficult to verify, but it is estimated that the Scorpios have long range sensors with 25% greater range than standard CCW and TGE capital ship sensor systems.

*Sensor Jamming---Active sensor jamming can be employed at shorter ranges to jam and confuse enemy sensors, as well as interfere with communications. The downside is that the amount of interference pumped out will alert EW-savvy opponents of the presence of a jamming platform. Effective Range: 800 miles. -6 to target the ship with active sensors

*Onboard Nanofacs---The Scorpios carry a central axis nanofac assembly line that allows the ship to draw in space debris(including battlefield wreckage), break it down, and convert it into usable material, including rail gun ammunition, new missiles, ship repairs, and crew components.

*Robotics/Bionics Bay----The Scorpios come with a complete robotics/bionics ‘sickbay’ able to diagnose and repair just about any complaint or damage a SheMar is likely to suffer. The biomechanics bay also has the ability to manufacture and Awake new SheMar and NeSheMar bionic full conversions.

*Tractor Beams(4)----Effectively each rated for 3,000 tons dead weight, but can be used for imparting small changes in momentum/direction to ships/structures several times that mass.
Range: 5 miles in space(NOT usable in atmosphere)(Kitsune Values: 5,000 miles in space).

*Cruiser Hard-Docks(4)---The Scorpio has provision for external docking of up to FOUR Remora medium cruisers. Besides giving the ship more troops and fighter capability, the hard-docked cruisers can slave their engines, point defense, and shields to the mothership. Each docked Remora will add its shield strength to the all sectors of the Scorpio’s variable shields except the side opposite that to which the Remora is docked. Point defense coverage adds HALF of the Remora’s available PDS turrets(the other half are blocked by the mass of the docked Scorpio). See bonuses to Speed above for drive enhancements.

*Command Linkage---The cyber-psionic command and control exercised by the EShemar give them faster response times: +1 to Initiative and +1 to strike.

Weapons Systems:
1)Heavy Grav-Cannon(7; three forward mounted, two each flank)---The Shemarrians have an apparent love of heavy projectile weaponry, as almost all of their ships feature, or have been refitted with, a forward battery of heavy rail guns or gravitic cannon. The Scorpio is no exception, mounting seven weapons of roughly GR-3000 class.
Range: 60 miles in atmosphere, 120 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 120 miles in atmosphere, 120,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d6x1,000 MD per round, or can fire a fragmenting anti-missile/fighter shell that does 1d4x100 MD to a 100 ft wide area
Payload: rd magazine per gun, ready to fire. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.

2) Heavy Plasma Batteries(20; arrayed along the back and sides)--- Massive concealed launchers open up to reveal massive arrays of plasma projection equipment and electromagnetic direction gear. These unsual weapons fire volleys of plasma bolts like missiles, and are even able to ‘curve’ the shots somewhat to skip around ships and obstacles to envelope a target. A full-out barrage by these weapons, pumping out plasma bolts at maximum rate of fire is an incredible spectacle, particularly terrifying if one is on the recieving end of same (sone observers have compared it to a plasma storm). Some tech-analysts see disturbing similarities between the plasma weapons technology on the Shemar ships and plasma weaponry known to have been employed by the infamous Mechanoids!
Range: 25 miles in atmosphere, 100 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 100 miles in atmosphere, 100,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10 plasma bolts. Three volleys per melee

3)Long Range Missile Launchers(10; 4 forward, 2 each side, 2 rear )---These are rapid-fire multi-cell LRM launchers that can put out swarms of heavy missiles when firing in concert.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1, 2, 5, or 20
Payload: 400 missiles per bay, 4,000 total; additional missiles may be carried and loaded from cargo, but will take at least 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 12 missiles)

4) Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(30)---These are retractable turrets mounting a high-powered rail gun and a pulse laser cannon in a common turret.
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)

Auxiliary Craft:
*72 Aerospace Fighters
*20 Scarab Assault Shuttles
*10 Heavy Shuttles
*12 Additional Aerospace Craft(additional shuttles, Scarab variants, lighters, etc.)
*148 Space-Capable Warsteeds

Variants:
*Planetary Assault Battleship(?)----Rumors exist of at least one Scorpio apparently carrying a central axial SuperHeavy Massdriver Cannon for planetary assault. The vessel in question was reportedly firing the weapon on a Splugorth outpost. Given the circumstances of the one detailed report filed by a eyewitness(a mage who, by his own admission, was fleeing through a teleportation rift in the middle of a planetary firefight just as the trading post he was in was being savaged by heavy weapons) this remains unverifiable, and other evidence(such as scans of destroyed Splugorth outposts showing cratering consistant with heavy kinetic weaponry impacts) remains inconclusive. However, as the Shemar are not signatories of any arms treaty, it is still possible that Shemarrian ships may be carrying proscribed Massdrivers.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Orbital Bombardment FTW.
Yes, quite in keeping with their "Bigger hammer" doctrine.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Just had a thought.

You got it!

Ecotroz Shemar Steel Phoenix Aerial Warsteed

“I AM AYRON SILVERSEEKER PHOENIX! PROUD SON OF THE HAWKMOON CLAN, FALLEN IN BATTLE IN GLORIOUS SERVICE TO THE TEN-BLESSED WAR GODDESS AGHANA FIRELANCE, RAISED AND RESURRECTED AS STEEL PHOENIX IN RECOGNITION OF MY SACRIFICE! PROUD AM I TO SERVE AGAIN, TO SPREAD WINGS ACROSS THE SKY AND KEEP WATCH OVER THE LANDS UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE GODDESS SHEMAR, TEN-BLESSED AGHANA FIRELANCE, AND CLAN HAWKMOON! ENEMIES OF THE LIGHT, SERVENTS OF THE DARK ONE, BEHOLD MY FEARSOME REBIRTH AND BEWARE MY WRATHFUL GAZE!”

Sometimes even nanotech repair mechanisms and the best efforts of a Spinster can’t heal the damage done. If the Ecotroz Shemar hasn’t been vaporized outright in combat, the psiborg may linger for hours, even days, as its robotic components shut down and finally cease operation altogether. leaving the paranormal psyche clinging to its former body as its energies disipate. To many Ecotroz Shemar, this is hell; to still be ‘alive’ but knowing they are dying(In game terms, this means that the Ecotroz Shemar has been taken to zero MDC; the entity can linger about the wreckage of its body for as many hours as it has M.E. points---If the robotic body has been destroyed by 50% over its main body MDC it is destroyed outright). Because the EShemar cannot yet produce new Shemarrian bodies without a ‘soul’, they cannot as yet transfer the comatose Ecotroz psionic component into a new body. At least not before. And, at least among the Ecotroz Hawkmoon tribe, there is a new option.
While attempting to duplicate the alien technology of the Progen apparatus in order to spread it among the other Ecotroz tribes, the Hawkmoon Ecotroz Spinster known as Goodbones created several prototype devices to test out her understanding of the system. One of the prototype Progen chambers was rather oversized, using subsititute technologies. While not inherently dangerous, this test chamber wasn’t capable of producing the ultra-fine precision tolerances needed for creating wholly new Shemarrians. It could, however, reproduce larger, less sophisticated, robots. Goodbones decided to keep the chamber, now dubbed her ‘Assembler Furnace’, and, with a little more work and some experimentation with the assistance of volunteers, retasked the device to giving mortally injured Ecotroz Shemarrians a second chance.
The Steel Phoenix is created when the remains of a Male Shemarrian, the wreckage of a Monst-Crane Warsteed, a set of bionic wings, and sundry other components are placed into the Assembler Furnace and merged. The result is an iconic beast that gives the Hawkmoons a totemic warsteed, as well as fills an important, and previously neglected, air superiority role for the Ecotroz Shemar.
The Steel Phoenix is more than the sum of its parts. It is an amalgamation and an evolved improvement on its predecessors. In place of the original Monst-Crane’s rapier-nose and canopy-style optics plate, the SP has a more angular beak, and two sharp, triangular optics on its head, like the cockpit windows of a supersonic airliner. Large folding metal-feathered wings sweep out and forward. Two powerful jet turbines emerge from the tail, on either side of the back of the saddle. The saddle itself can almost fully coccoon the rider, offering additional protection and further streamlining the Warsteed/Rider combo for sustained supersonic flight.
Unlike other Ecotroz Warsteeds, the Steel Phoenix is possessed of a fully sentient (and formerly humanoid) Ecotroz Intelligence. The Steel Phoenix can speak, has a personality, and retains most of its memories and skills from its previous incarnation. The process for the Shemarrian volunteer is something akin to what a human undergoes with a full bionic conversion; the person becomes something both more and less than what they were before, trading and sacrificing some abilities and advantages for a set of new ones. Though the Steel Phoenix cannot, in its larger and more animalistic body, do all it could do before as a humanoid, the possessing intelligence considers its new form to be a great honor(remember, the Male Shemarrian component is a volunteer, and was at death’s door). The Steel Phoenix is typically given to high-ranked Hawkmoon warriors, Chieftainesses, and War Goddesses; to be granted the chance to bond with a Steel Phoenix is considered a great honor for both the Shemarrian rider and the former Male Shemarrian. Because of their special status, Steel Phoenxi typically get first dibs on available missiles and other compatible ordnance that would otherwise in short supply among the Ecotroz Shemar.
The Steel Phoenix is unique to the Ecotroz Hawkmoon tribe.

Type: EcoS-K-3 Steel Phoenix
Class: Robotic Warmount(aerial operations)
Crew: Transferred Ecotroz Intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Head 90
Neck 100
Wings(2) 150 each
Legs(2) 95 each
Feet/Talons(2) 55 each
Saddle Pod 80
Thrusters(2) 80 each
Height: 7 ft at shoulder, 10 ft at head
Width: 42 ft full extension, 8 ft with wings folded
Length: 18 ft
Weight: 3,500 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 1,650 MPH(typically cruises at 180 MPH), maximum altitude of 65,000 ft.
(Space) Not possible
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Folding Wings---The Steel Phoenix’s wings fold for easy concealment in forest hangars and bunkers, and for dive maneuvers.

*Advanced Electronic Systems--- The Steel Phoenix retains the ‘black box’ systems and capabilities of the Male Shemarrian.
-Advanced Directional Narrow- and Wide-Band Radio and Laser Communications---500 mile range
-Targeting Uplink---The Steel Phoenix can uplink targeting data to as many as 24 other EShemar units within 50 miles. All units recieving this data are +1 to Strike, and +1 on Initiative.
Note that this system has been modified by the psionic component of the Ecotroz, and thus CANNOT be tapped into by ARCHIE-3’s own ‘bots
-Full Jamming Suite---The Steel Phoenix can jam radio communciations in a 50 mile radius with 65% success.
-Missile Jamming---By making a successful Electronic Countermeasures roll, the Steel Phoenix can jam incoming missile guidances, rendering them -5 to strike. OR, the EW suite can be used to target one or two missiles in a 2,000 ft range and direct them to a new target, rendering them -7 to strike.
-Bonuses From EW Suite(in addition to the regular bonuses): +2 on Initiative, +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +1 Roll with impact, +1 Pull Punch.

*Cockpit Pod---This is really a set of conformal struts and panels that close up around the rider, offering some extra protection, and streamling the Steel Phoenix for high speed flight(anything above 500 MPH). 80 MDC, and the rider cannot sit up and perform their own attacks with hand weapons, without breaking the streamlining.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Steel Phoenixi have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Cyberlinkage---A Shemarrian rider can bond, both through antennae interface and psionic link(Telemechanics), with the Steel Phoenix, essentially blending the new psionic entities. The process works something like cybernetic vehicle linkage, but is far more intimate, and gives the following bonuses:+1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +2 APMs, and +2 to save versus psionic attack, Exorcism and Banish spells.
Note that while the Rider and Warsteed are bonded in this fashion, the rider is limited to only TWO attacks of her own, owing to the concentration on the bond.

Weapons Systems:
1) Twin Pulse Lasers(2)---Mounted in the head are two pulse lasers based on Juicer rifle technology.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10+10 MD pulse burst per single laser
DOUBLE for synchronized fire from BOTH cannon(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire: ECHH

2) Leg Hardpoints(2)---The legs each mount a single ‘spat’ hardpoint that can be fitted with ONE of the following(note, however, that using these hardpints will reduce top speed by 20% due to increased drag):
a) Shemarrian Short or Long Barrel Rail Gun
b) Mini-Missiles---6(3x2 shot tubes) per hardpoint

c) Short Range Missiles----Two per hardpoint

d) Medium Range Missiles---One per hardpoint

e)Lasers---Similar to the Shemarrian gauntlet lasers
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, 6d6 MD for both lasers firing simultanously.

f) Machine Guns---Essentially the Shemarrian Assault Rifle remounted
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD single round, 4d6 MD short six-round burst, 1d4x10 MD per 12-round burst.
Payload: 240 rd clip

3) Wing Hardpoints(4)---The wings each mount two(for a total of four) hardpoints for ordnance. Each hardpoint can accommodate ONE of the following:
a) Mini-Missiles---9(3x3 shot tubes) per hardpoint

b) Short Range Missiles----Three per hardpoint

c) Medium Range Missiles---Two per hardpoint

d) Rotary Laser Cannon---Identical to those available to the Monst-Rex
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+4 MD per rapid-fire burst

e) Plasma Ejector---Identical to those available to the Monst-Rex.
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per shot

4) Vibro-Talons----The legs/landing gear of the Steel Phoenix are fitted with extendable vibroclaws/blades useful in slashing.
Range: Melee
Damage: 4d6 MD

5)(Optional) Centerline Hardpoint---The Steel Phoenix can carry a bomb between its legs, but the extra drag will cut the Warsteed’s maximum speed by 1/3 until the ordnance is deployed/ejected.
Damage: Varies by weapon carried;
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*Heavy Torpedo ----4d6x10 MD
Payload: One bomb(up to 2,000 lbs) or a single torpedo(up to Heavy class)
Note: The Steel Phoenix can engage in divebombing maneuvers; doing so means that the Warsteed approaches the target in a dive(45-degrees or better), releases its bomb(at 5,000 ft or less distance from the target), and then pulls out. A successful dive-bombing attack requires a Piloting roll at -10%, but the dropped ordnance is +2 to strike, and gets a +2d4 MD for the extra speed assist in penetration.

6) (Optional) Spear Rack---The saddle can be fitted with a spear rack with 20 MDC and holding 4-6 spears. Thrown from the air, the spears get an extra +1 to damage, +1d4 if thrown as part of a dive-bomb, due to the extra speed behind the throw.

7)(Optional) Accessory Systems--- Steel Phoenixi are pretty well maxed iut already, but some Spinsters find enough leeway to add their own flourishes for deserving heroines and Male volunteers, or have found ways to accommodate requests from SPRiders. These include tweeks to the radar and sensor systems, installed PPE sensors, flare/chaff launchers, improved radio communications, and other electronics. At least two Hawkmoon Steel Phoenixi have been created plated in laser-reflective Glitterchrome scavenged from wrecked Glitterboys and the unearthed wreckage of Silver Eagle SAMAS.

Programming:
The Steel Phoenix differs from other Warsteeds in that it has an actual Ecotroz Shemarrian Intelligence in charge, rather than programming and an ‘animal’ overlay.
IQ: 4d6
ME: 5d6
MA: 3d6
Hit Points: (Energy Form) 1d6x10+M.E.
P.P.E.: 8
Psionic Abilities: Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation
Skills:
Detect Ambush 75%
Detect Concealment 75%
Electronic Countermeasures 92%
Computer Operation 98%
Cryptography 90%
Computer Hacking 75%
Computer Programming 90%
Navigation 80%
Recognize Weapons Quality 75%
Sensory Equipment 90%
Surveillance 90%
Tracking(People/Monsters) 85%
Trap/Mine Detection 70%
Lore: Demons and Monsters 80%
Hunting
Identify Plants and Fruits 90%
Wilderness Survival 80%
Retains the basic programming/knowledge common to all Shemarrians, but, lacking hands and a humanoid form, cannot use much of it(can still offer advice and talk others through it, or try teaching them)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up two Secondary skills at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2
Automatic Dodge +5
Strike +4 (+3 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
(See also bonuses from EW Suite and Cyber-Bonding)

Nipping Bite 1d4 SDC
Restrained Bite 2d6 SDC
Full Strength Bite 1d6x10 SDC
Power Bite(2 attacks) 1d4 MD
Head Butt/Body Block 2d6 MD
Beak Strike/Rip 3d6 MD
Wing Sweep 2d6 MD
Wing Claw Slash 4d6 MD
Scratch/Rake with Talon1d6 MD
Talon Strike(full strength) 3d6 MD
Power Talon Strike)2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Leap Kick/Flying Body Block(2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Stomp 1d4 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Steel Phoenix an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Okay..that'll do.
That'll do NICELY :D
I'll have to contribute something later... not now though as I'm heat struck a bit (damned heat wave came in this week; 32c high with humidex of 39 to 41 until thursday :puke: ).

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Okay..that'll do.
That'll do NICELY :D
I'll have to contribute something later... not now though as I'm heat struck a bit (damned heat wave came in this week; 32c high with humidex of 39 to 41 until thursday :puke: ).

Same here, and I got yard work to do....have to do it later in the evening when the sun's lower in the sky...for now, I gotta hide out in the basement, under serious shade, guzzling water.

In the meantime..

A thought: Eight or Ten Tribes?

The mythology that ARCHIE-3 and Hagan have provided the Shemarrians(and which the Ecotroz Shemar have bought, hook, line, and sinker) speaks of the legendary ‘Ten’ or ‘Ten Reborn’ who were ancestral heroes of the Shemarrians. In the warping that ARCHIE and Hagan’s storyline have taken in the Ecotroz imagination, it has been further interpreted that these Ten were founders of Shemarrian tribes.
And yet, they know of only eight tribes on Rifts Earth.
The Ecotroz are as given to tale-spinning and myth-making as any other sentient on Rifts Earth, so they’ve spun out speculation on what happened to the missing two tribes:
a) It’s a lie. The Ten were all of established tribes, not one from each. This doesn’t hold much water to the identity-hungry Ecotroz however.

b) The Dark One destroyed the missing two tribes when it enslaved the Shemarrians, and stole their memories. Or else the Dark One has so thoroughly enslaved them that they still exist somewhere in the Dark One’s realm that they have never been encountered, or don’t know who they themselves are. Only with the Fall of the Dark One at the hands of the Eight Tribes will the Lost Two Tribes emerge again to join their kin.

c) The Dark One utterly destroyed the two tribes for resisting it, and wiped all memory of their existance from the minds of its slaves, so as not to give them greater reason to rebel. Only with the Fall of the Dark One will the Eight Tribes establish two new tribes so the Ten will be complete.

d) The Lost Two Tribes were destroyed, but the day will come when the champions of the Ten Reborn who belonged to the Lost Two are reborn and step forward to reclaim their birthrate, and herald the Fall of the Dark One.

e)The Lost Two Tribes aren’t lost or destroyed; they’re still out in the Megaverse, seeking to find and liberate their kin from the Dark One. The EShemar have thus come to believe at times that various d-bee races occasionally enountered, such as the True She-Marrians and the Templars are in fact the Lost Two Tribes.

f) There may be the Ten Reborn, but there are more than ten Shemarrian tribes. The others just don’t have the benefit of the Ten Reborn, but may have their own heroines. They’re out there, but they just haven’t been encountered yet.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

OH...
Saved the spacey goodness and such from the latest posts.
I'll contribute soon, but for right now I have 'the story so far' to type out.
At least 3 sessions to catch up on :P

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Musta had Shemarrians on the brain this weekend...
Here's another toy....

EShe-IP30E Ion Pistol
“I am not concerned; those are only Shemarrian peasants...See? They are not of the warrior caste and they are armed, at best, with only spears, knives, and pistols. We have them now!”

The IP30E Ion Pistol began showing up in EShemar hands about two months after a Shemarrian reportedly traded for a crate of Paladin Steel PSIP-2 ‘Smasher’ Ion Pistols at the Fort Ossining trading post. The IP30Es are either refitted IP30s or are new-made weapons, but all show definite signs of Paladin Steel ion weapons technology incorporated into them. The IP30E is slightly heavier than the standard IP30, and has a longer, heavier, fluted barrel, but now have a burst fire capability, ‘punch’ mode, ‘shock-stun’ mode, and a ‘shotgun’ mode. The weapon apparently still isn’t considered to be a serious weapon by diehard Shemarrian warriors who prefer heavy long range firepower or short range melee weaponry, but the IP30E is finding popularity with Male Shemarrians and NeShemar.
Paladin Steel isn’t entirely pleased with the knock-off/rip-off of their technology, but doesn’t want to antagonize the (E)Shemarrians now that relations are sweetening with the bionic warriors. Besides, PS has copied other companies readily enough, and knows how the game is played, so they’ve let the technology infringement slide.
MDC: 42
Weight: 4.8 lbs
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot
1d4x10 MD per three-shot burst

(Ion Scatter-Shot Mode)---This mode turns the pistol into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 400 ft, but does 4d6 MD to a 10 ft wide area.

(Ion Step-Down Mode)---This mode rather than increase range or power, actually ‘steps down’ the power of ion bolts into the SDC range, and modulates their effect, making the weapon in effect a ‘super-taser’(albeit it with flash-burns). An added power regulation chip allows the weapon to use less power in SDC mode.
Range:(SDC shots) 600 ft
Damage: 1d6 SDC shock-burn. Plus, victims must make a save of 14 or better, or be -8 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2d6 melees. A savings throw versus non-lethal poison means the person is unimpaired. 25% chance of knocking out unshielded cybernetics for 1d4 melees.
Payload: One MD shot equals 10 SDC shots

(Ion Focal Booster Mode)---Aka ‘Puncher’---This mode improves the focus of the ion pulse density, improving damage at the cost of range. Reduce range to 400 ft, but up damage to 5d6 MD per shot. Note, however, that the weapon also suffers sharp ‘kickup’ giving it a -1 to strike, when fired single-handed

Note: It normally would take a regular person 2 melee actions to switch between modes on this weapon(it’s not designed for manual switching, so mode selection actually requires some complicated adjustments to the safeties and barrel), but for the Ecotroz, with their Telemechanic psionics, it takes NO actions to actually change between modes. NeShemar cyborgs seem to have some sort of technomechanical linkage that allows them to switch modes as well without losing an APM.

Payload: 30 shot e-clip
Bonus: +1 to strike with laser targeting
Black Market Cost: Exclusive to the EShemar; they don’t let anybody else have it and will confiscate (or destroy) the weapon if found in unauthorized hands.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Um..dude?
You forgot the MDC values for the weapon battieris on the 'Scoripo' :erm: :thwak:
...Just sayin' :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Um..dude?
You forgot the MDC values for the weapon battieris on the 'Scoripo' :erm: :thwak:

Fixed. :oops:

Beyond that, I have a troop carrier in the works.
I have no other solid ideas as yet, especially not for EShemar fighters, except maybe a space-capable version of the Steel Phoenix, but I want to go with some sort of vehicle, rather than a mind transferal or Warsteed....maybe some knockoff of the Kittani Robofighters(though I'd already done something similar for the Central Alliance)?

Aquatic Warsteeds? (Maybe save that for some sort of psuedo-tribe, if the EShemar don't want to declare a new Ninth Tribe)?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Fluff-text will be done later.

Shemarrian ‘Stormdragon’ Class Battleship
Model: ES-SD MK1
Class: Battleship
Crew: 400 (10 Warchiefs and 360 Naval trained Warriors, plus 30 Spinsters)
Troops: Standard; 1700, Maximum; 3000. Mixed Warriors (50%), Berserkers (20%), with Male scouts (10%) and NeShemarr (10%); warsteeds are included in the numbers given.
Other combinations may occur dependant on available EctrozShemarr / NeShemarr.

Vehicle Compliment:
1 warsteed (varies) for every 3 warriors; appoximately 560+ warsteeds.
6 Scarrab Assault-Shuttles (Typically troop-transport model).

M.D.C. by Location:
Head / Forward 3rd.: 40,000
Hvy. Plasma-Torpedo Ejector (“Mouth” area): 7,500
Antiship Laser Batteries (4): 1200 each
Heavy Railcannons (4; 2 in each “leg” pod): 2500 each
Point Deffense Railguns (8): 180 each
Long Range Missile Launchers (3; main body): 1,200 each
Launch Bays (2; underside): 2,000 each
Wings (2) 9,000 each
[1] Bridge (between the “shoulders” / Dorsal region) : 20,000
[1] Emergency Bridge(Located in main body): 15,000
[2] Main Body: 100,000
[3] Engineering Section: 50,000
[4] Ventral Leg-Pods (2) 15,000 each
[5] Variable Force Field: 8,000 a side (48,000 Total)

Notes:
[1] In reality this is how much damage needs to be done for a weapon to hit the bridge through the ships armor. This ship also has an auxiliary bridge. Even if both bridges are destroyed, the ship can still be piloted from engineering but ship is -3 to dodge and all weapon systems will be at local control. Weapon hits near the bridge that do not penetrate the ships integrity can injure crew members on or near the bridge.
[2] Depleting the MDC of the main body will put the vessel out of commission. All internal systems will shut down, including life support. The ship itself will be an unsalvageable floating wreck.
[3] Destroying the engineering section means that ship FTL propulsion systems are destroyed and maximum sublight acceleration is reduced to ten percent of normal (using navigational thrusters).
[4] Destroying the two pods will prevent the vessel from landing and destroy the railcannon batteries.
[5] Shield positions are variable and can be combined into one shield. The shields regenerate at a rate of 5% (400 MDC) per melee round.

Speed:
Flying: Mach 10 combat speed. 0.4 sublight speed. Star Ship can accelerate/decelerate at the rate of 1 percent of light per melee. INATMO flight speed is a crawling Mach 1.3 maximum.
FTL: 5 LY / Hr. using CG drive (
Range: 10 years at optimal conditions, using both conventional and magical life support. If no organics are present the vessel can operate for three times as long (30 years).
Statistical Data:
Height: 600 feet (183 meters). Length: 4,000 feet (1,220 meters) Width: 800 feet (244 meters), with wing span adding an additional 10% when wings unfurled.
Weight: 56 million tons
Cargo: Cargo holds are scattered about the ship that allows for carrying up to 50,000 tons of Cargo in addition to standard compliment of supplies and ammunition
Drive Type(s): Primary; Type-E CG drive rated for factor 500 FTL (5LY / hr.), sublight and atmospheric maneuvering.
Power System: matter/anti-matter reactor with 30 years at maximum output.
Market Cost: Unknown. Estimated at 10 billion Tri-galactic credits if ever sold.

Weapon Systems
1) Hvy. Plasma Torpedo Ejector‘: Located in the “mouth of the Stormdragon is a capitol ship scale version of the plasma torpedo batteries used by the Eshemarr navies. When activated, the forward section of the ‘head’ opens up like a set of jaws and the firing gate is revealed; filled with compressed plasma. A few seconds later the plasma is expelled as a sphere almost 250ft. wide!
Mega-Damage: 2D4X1000 to a 500ft. (152.4m) radius area! Damage is inflicted to all exposed areas, and in the case of capitol ships, the blast will damage at least 2 shield facings (GM‘s call).
R.O.F.: 3 per round. Range: 500miles (800km); X10 range when in strategic combat.
Payload: effectively unlimmited, but total of 30 per hour. Recharges at rate of 1 shot every 2 minutes.
Capitol Ship scale= -14 to strike small targets.

2) Concealed Antiship Laser Batteries (4): Located port & starboard (2 dorsal, 2 ventral), and covered by folding armour plates are concealed heavy laser batteries. Each battery has a 180º arc of fire to either side. Only called shots may damage the guns, and they are -25% to detect closed.
Mega-Damage: 3D6X100 per laser battery shot. R.O.F.: 2 shots per battery / rnd.
Range: 55miles (88km) in space;X10 range when in strategic combat. Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Capitol Ship scale= -10 to strike small targets.

3) Hvy. Railcannon Batteries (2): 1 battery of 2-guns is located in the front of each leg pod, resembling twin toe-claws.
The Shemarrians have an apparent love of heavy projectile weaponry, as almost all of their ships feature, or have been refitted with, a forward battery of heavy rail guns or gravitic cannon. The Stormdragon is no exception, mounting four weapons of roughly GR-3000 class.
Mega-Damage: 1d6x1,000 MD per round, or can fire a fragmenting anti-missile/fighter shell that does 1d4x100 MD to a 100 ft wide area
R.O.F.: Four shots per melee, per gun. Range: 60 miles in atmosphere, 120 miles in space; X10 in strategic combat.
Payload: 100rd. magazine per gun, ready to fire. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.
Heavy Ship scale= -11 to strike small targets.

4) GR-100 Grav Autocannon turrets (8): These point defense gravity-guns are spaced evenly across the Stormdragons’ hull to protect from enemy fighters and incoming missile strikes. The turrets may be manually operated or set to auto-fire.
Mega-Damage: 1D6X10 per 10 round burst. R.O.F.: 1 bursts per action or 3 attacks automated.
Range: 3miles (4.8km). Payload: 1000 bursts each. Light Ship scale= No penalties. Note: The rotating turret gives a +1 to strike (plus any WP, weapon system lock-ons and sensor bonuses). If set for auto-fire, the guns are +4 to strike (+6 if lock on has been achieved).

5) Vertical LRM / Torpedo Launchers (3): Located on the dorsal main body are 3 single-tube vertical launch LR missile & torpedo silos. Typically these launchers are loaded with plasma or gravitic warheads.
Mega-Damage: As per LRM / Torpedo type.
R.O.F.: Individually or in volleys of two per launcher (total volley of 12 warheads). Each volley counts as 1 gunner action. Once 10 warheads have been launched, it takes 3 actions (1/2 a melee) for the auto-loading system to reload another 10 from the magazine. Range: as per warhead type.
Payload: 10 per launch system plus an additional magazine of 60 per launcher, for a total 210

Other Systems [In addition to standard starship systems as listed in ‘Fleets of the 3 galaxies’]
ECM generators. Advanced Sensor Package. Geologic Sensors. Targeting and combat computer (+2 to strike, +1 to dodge). Auto-pilot & Supernavigation computer (60% skill). Atmosphere recycling system. 40 staterooms & 360 basic accommodations (troops are housed in barrack style areas). 2 Launch-bays. Artificial gravity. 3 Recreation facilities. 300 Stasis pod facilities. Medical Facility (200 patients). 70 FTL life-boats. FCE pod (bridge unit). Auto-Breach sealing. FTL communications system.

Special Systems
*Onboard Nanofacs---The Stormdragons carry a central axis nanofac assembly line that allows the ship to draw in space debris(including battlefield wreckage), break it down, and convert it into usable material, including rail gun ammunition, new missiles, ship repairs, and crew components.
*Robotics/Bionics Bay----The Stormdragons come with a complete robotics/bionics ‘sickbay’ able to diagnose and repair just about any complaint or damage a SheMar is likely to suffer. The biomechanics bay also has the ability to manufacture and Awake new SheMar and NeSheMar bionic full conversions.
Last edited by DhAkael on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Um..dude?

Fixed. :oops:

Beyond that, I have a troop carrier in the works.
I have no other solid ideas as yet, especially not for EShemar fighters, except maybe a space-capable version of the Steel Phoenix, but I want to go with some sort of vehicle, rather than a mind transferal or Warsteed....maybe some knockoff of the Kittani Robofighters(though I'd already done something similar for the Central Alliance)?

Aquatic Warsteeds? (Maybe save that for some sort of psuedo-tribe, if the EShemar don't want to declare a new Ninth Tribe)?

heh.. I'm thinking of a couple of ideas for the EShemarr strike-fighters but for right now...this'll do--->
I figure they'd just reverse engineer say the Crescent Moon and Star-Dragon Naruni fighters, maybe modify a few of the weapons (and install shields of course) and call it a day. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:heh.. I'm thinking of a couple of ideas for the EShemarr strike-fighters but for right now...this'll do--->
I figure they'd just reverse engineer say the Crescent Moon and Star-Dragon Naruni fighters, maybe modify a few of the weapons (and install shields of course) and call it a day. :D

It will do for now...I'll look into what might be appropriate :-D

Maybe even a Broadsword knockoff as well.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Fluff-text will be done later.

Shemarrian ‘Stormdragon’ Class Battleship.

DANGGGGG.......
Like how you used what I gave yah' and then some....
yep...ship like this could be a ship-of-the-line in fleet formations, or a lone corsair...Might even show in greater numbers in the fleets of the 'tribes' that haven't been identified as having a Scorpio at their disposal(could be the case, could be deliberate mindflubbery on the part of the EShemar, or there just haven't been any cases of witnesses being around to report accurately)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”