Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:The real question, though, is who's keeping who as pets? :D

Exactly.
My 50 creds is on the monkey owning the place inside of the week. :ok:

I'll have to find the Rifter article where there's an entire universe where all life is based on biomechanics(kind of like the Qoup in Keith Laumer's Retief's War)...it's where the canon metallic Eagle and Lizard Familiars originate from...In the article, the Sunaj have made contact with some of the intelligent lifeforms there and have duped them into thinking the Sunaj are trustworthy merchants...Now if the Shemarrians had access to that dimension, they'd both have a steady supply of biomechanical livestock/pets AND another front/enemy to fight(the Sunaj, and by extension, the Splugorth).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Getting VERY close to where I can intro Ava.
In fact, one of the new players entering the game will be given the oportunity to act right at start of game due to her assistance (Re; hauling a couple of tonnes worth of debris from blown up mining shack that had trapped our stalwart merc-borg).
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Getting VERY close to where I can intro Ava.
In fact, one of the new players entering the game will be given the oportunity to act right at start of game due to her assistance (Re; hauling a couple of tonnes worth of debris from blown up mining shack that had trapped our stalwart merc-borg).

Facing a little slowdown myself...My superior at the reference desk chose to quit after ten years and accept a position closer to home, so I'm working extra hours...more money(yeah!), but more time spent commuting and less time writing(...nrggghhh...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Hoyt (in intensive care and biosystems repair-replacement): "I REGRET NOTHING!" ... "ow."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Hoyt (in intensive care and biosystems repair-replacement): "I REGRET NOTHING!" ... "ow."

(Bites back any number of 'Tool Time'-associated comments about 'grip strength', 'torque', and 'plug-and-play')
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Hoyt (in intensive care and biosystems repair-replacement): "I REGRET NOTHING!" ... "ow."

(Bites back any number of 'Tool Time'-associated comments about 'grip strength', 'torque', and 'plug-and-play')

Sorry... but I had to post that. My absinthe soaked muse refused to give me any peice unless I did. :angel:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Oh...and off-camera event to introduce a new player into my game on Sunday, and introduction of a certain "insufferable force of GOODNESS" :D

~**~

[Play by E-mail off-camera event: P.A. 109, July3]

Tim had been in Silvereno for nearly 2 weeks. In the garnd scheme of things, not long at all. For a mercenary full-conversion ‘borg assigned to guard duty on a silver mine that was supposed to be shut down (but for some reason was open again; despite another 3 workers having gone missing roughly 8 days ago) it was tedious.

Last night the Techno-Wizard Express 999 from Lazlo (early, due to Coalition interference) had pulled in; being on-call at the dig-site though, Tim could only watch the black-iron magical locomotive pull into the town proper via his cyberoptics. Of interest was the Triax Forager bot with the large mining drill attached to one of its forearms being unloaded from one of the box-cars. Looked like a new excavator was gonna be asigned to one of the numerous mines. Tim down-timed; plenty of opportunity to find out what was happening tomorrow, as he was going be be given his R&R time the next day after the afternoon shift.

July 3rd dawned clear and peaceful. Tim spent some time talking to the latest member of mine-shaft 8’s support staff; a rather attractive though introverted D-bee woman, calling herself Matraess, once of Shemarr. The 7ft. tall, scarred sack-cloth garbed woman was in charge of kitchen duties for the workshack & dormitorries. While making coffee, Matraess (in broken English) asked why Tim stayed as a guard when he obviously, despite being a male, was a warrior born. Surely not because of money (the pay was barely adequate) or possibility of honour in combat?
As Tim was about to reply, a massive explosion outside flattened the dormitory, tearing apart the flesh & blood members of the guardsmen who were still out of armour (some only wearing trousers) in a cloud of splintered cibderblocks and wood. Tim himself and Matraess became burried under the debris. One more explosion occoured, shifting the rubble slightly…then… the noise of jet thrusters.

Hours or minutes later, he felt the weight on top of his frame shift and move by some outside force; a golden & coral pink glow seeped through the holes & cracks between the detritus. As the wreckage was cleared from his face he gazed up at a strange sight. What he could only think of as a faerie goddess 12ft. tall with 4 arms, glowing butterfly wings and dressed in a flowing gown the same colour as the halo about her body.
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img214.jpg The figure used all 4 arms to clear enough debris away for Tim to work himself out from under the rest. Simling, the “goddess” pointed to the pile next to him, and though her lips did not move, a pleasant young girl voice came through his audio system clear as if she was speaking directly into the microphones;

“She is badly hurt as are your campinions who weren’t killed when those bad people in the sky sent down their spears. Help me dig out who we can save, then you really should go and punish those bad people. That sound fair?”
Last edited by DhAkael on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Yep...that's rather how I picture her sounding... :D :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

More stuff...after e-mail reply from the player of 'Tim; the borg with no title' :D

Tim noded and stood up, heading over toward the pile to reach and grab the debris from the pile. Moving cautiously but quickly, as he did not want to hurt anyone.

His two main arms were used to lift debris, while he kept his weapon limbs set directed to the door, just in case someone were to come in and attack.

Helping those he could, he looks to the 'goddess' and tilts his head.

"Ok, now who are you? And what do you mean bad men and their spears?"
He took a quick glance outside to make a quick assessment.

In response, she points one hand at her self and one of her main arms out to the south-western part of the sky;
"I am Ava. Nice to meet you. It is too bad that it's when 'those' *points up & outwards again emphaticaly* decided to attack this place for what their leader calls Shineys."
What Ava has pointed to is a moderately sized, dark grey, arrowhead shaped aircraft currently on an attack run against the Triax Forager he saw being unloaded the night previous. Also, a small helicopter which is hovering about a mile & half out from the mine-shaft site is 'painting' the Forager with a laser designator.

Those 'spears' mentioned must be missiles launched from the jet fighter.
When Tim turns back to speak to Ava again... there is no sign of her except two size 19 footprints in the scorched sawdust.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Oh $#!+...laser-guided weaponry...means the bad guys are using team tactics and combined arms, and not just going 'individual glory' fighting....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Honey, maybe those bio augmentations would be a good idea. Your medical insurance can only cover so much."
"I agree, I just wanted to keep up with you so I can keep you safe and not be seen as weak."
"Hoyt, you are the single most self sacrificing person I have ever known, and that is never a weakness. I'll be sure to pay for your upgrade as soon as your body is ready for surgery."
"Thank you Neyrs, and we should change our safety word to something shorter than thermobaric."
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:

"Honey, maybe those bio augmentations would be a good idea. Your medical insurance can only cover so much."
"I agree, I just wanted to keep up with you so I can keep you safe and not be seen as weak."
"Hoyt, you are the single most self sacrificing person I have ever known, and that is never a weakness. I'll be sure to pay for your upgrade as soon as your body is ready for surgery."
"Thank you Neyrs, and we should change our safety word to something shorter than thermobaric."

"YOWZAH!" would be a good one, as that's what often springs to mind when you see that fireball racing towards you....

I've got to work on Paladin Steel Mercantile Organization if Hoyt's going to be a regular employee....I'm thinking along the lines of the Dutch East India Company with the ranking system among civilian employees of Assistant, UnderMerchant, Merchant, and Senior(Head) Merchant. Of course, military and security arms would have a different rank/TOE.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Here's what I got thus far on the Nightmare Tribe....Not much on specific technologies, but that will be developed and retconned later...

Advanced Cultural Notes: The Nightmare Tribe(aka The Lost Eclipse)
(based on 89er’s suggestions)

“It is said that the Ecotroz came to Earth and the Shemar on the night of an eclipse, when the dragonlines ran bright and thick with mystic energies. On that night, we were both Awakened and Lost, for we realized what we truly were. Born anew into strange hard flesh, mockeries of the vital life force, unloved children of an insane machine and a malicious man-child, lost even to the eyes of the Ecotroz Goddess.”
----Aradala Dreamshatter, Lost Eclipse Psi-Shamaness.

The existence of the so-called ‘Nightmare Tribe’ (aka ‘The Eleventh Tribe’, the ‘Lost Eclipse’, or simply the ‘Lost’) was not formally known or acknowledged for most of the Shemmarian War, even among the Shemarrians, though rumors circulated of encounters with ‘unattached’ Shemmarians. Only fairly recently has it been revealed that there was an organization encompassing many of these ‘forgotten’ or ‘lost’, and the details of their coming into being revealed to the EShemar leadership.
Not all Ecotroz Shemarrians felt beholden to the myths programmed into them by ARCHIE-3 as the basis of their culture, nor did they immediately take to the social order of the Tribes. From the get-go, these Awakened EShemar knew in their soul-sparks that the mythology of their people was a lie, that the very foundation of their society was a farce and a masquerade perpetuated by a puppet master(or masterS). The mechanism of this ‘enlightenment’ is unknown; perhaps these Shemar represent the embodied skepticism of the Ecotroz Intelligence, religious fundamentalism of same, or individual life matrices within the communal mind who were from the very start individualists(or insane). It also possible that these Shemarrians were ones who were converted/awakened and ‘orphaned’ in short order and left to complete their Awakening in the wilderness without a Tribe and kin to guide their new sentience and reinforce their socialization. Another hinted rumor is that these Shemarrians may have come to unusual levels of psychic ability early and by some happenstance were able to establish an early and unusually deep rapport with either ARCHIE-3, Hagan, or BOTH, and saw deep inside their minds, to learn the truth of their existence, much to their horror. In any case, a number of EShemar found themselves dissatisfied with serving the Loyalists and with the rebel Tribes as they were, and left to try to make sense of their disquiet, and find purpose for themselves. Many of them eventually found each other and formed a new Tribe, of the disenfranchised, the dispirited, and the rebellious.
They call themselves the Lost Eclipse, but they answer as well to the name ‘Nightmare’. Even though their existence was suspected by many EShemar, the Lost Eclipse was never acknowledged as a Tribe until recently, as they existed outside the until-then firmly believed Legend of the Ten, until spread of contact with other Shemmarian-like peoples, such as the Shaemarians, opened up the idea in the minds of the general EShemar populace, of the possibility of other Tribes outside the Ten.
Still, while the Lost Eclipse has not bought into, and has in fact openly rejected, the myths of the Shemarrians/EShemar, this clarity of mind has not bought the Tribe much benefit. While they are arguably the most egalitarian of the Tribes, they are also the most psychologically disturbed. Depression and certain forms of insanity are common in the Tribe, arguably even more so than in the reformed Skullcrushers.
This has coalesced into a sort of peculiar counterculture madness that afflicts the Nightmares. Many Nightmares feel themselves without purpose, no divine hand to guide them, no grand destiny pulling them. Rejecting what they once saw as the bedrock of their culture, many of them now don’t know what to ultimately believe in. Even those who cling to belief in the/a Goddess, feel that the ‘Dark One’ has so twisted their beliefs and shape of their people that any divinity who originally claimed them as her own would no longer recognize them. Part self-hate, self-pity, and sense of betrayal, the Nightmares’ general attitude is rejection of false mythos, and hatred of the ones who created them as mere tools and toys.
This has led to the main driving purpose of the Nightmares; they’ve focused their attention on taking the fight to the Dark One and his associate(s). They see their sister Tribes as blindly taking false paths, but regard the ultimate cause of this to be the puppet master (s) who made such a mockery of the Shemarrian(or whatever they once were) culture. The Dark One must be destroyed if the Shemarrians are to be saved. And along the way, the Lost Eclipse will cheerfully maim and slaughter any other evil would-be gods and manipulators, such as the Splugorth.

The most telling outside indication of their darker bent is their design aesthetic; both they and their Warmounts have been modified into monstrous forms designed to shock, awe, and horrify opponents. Their reasons for this are several; they reject the ‘perfect’ appearances given to them by the Dark One, they want their appearances to reflect the raw pain and alienation they feel, they want to frighten their enemies, and they believe that in order to fight monsters, one must unleash one’s own monsters. Whatever their reasoning, a warband of the Lost Eclipse is a terrifying and disturbing sight, even more so in combat.

Even though they have acquired both Progen and Assembler Forge technologies through contact with the other Tribes, the Lost Eclipse remains the smallest of the Tribes. They have, however, been bolstered by the assimilation of a substantial number of new members, most late model robots and EShemar escapees from ARCHIE-3’s experiments in psionic cyborgs and transferred intelligence robots. These latest additions have injected a fresh dose of manic insanity and hateful purpose into the war on ARCHIE-3 and anger towards liars, betrayers, and deceivers in general.

Lost Eclipse atheism(or at least rejection of the publicly perceived Shemarrian religions) has led them to thoroughly reject such beliefs as the goddess She-Mar, and the Pantheon of ARK. As such, supposed avatars as Ava and Veronica, may be in danger, as they are likely to be seen as part of the Dark One’s plans to further deceive and manipulate the Shemarrians. A heavy-handed Lost Eclipse reaction against these may, ironically play right into ARCHIE-3’s hands, by making these ‘avatars’ martyrs, and by prematurely showing the Lost Eclipse’s hand.

The Nightmares of the Shemarrian Star Nation may be an indication of the direction the Rifts Earth part of the Tribe may take in the aftermath of the Shemarrian Civil War with the purpose of hunting the Dark One has been resolved. Rather than slumping into self-destructive nihilism, the SSN Lost Eclipse has become the shadowforce of the SSN, taking on deceivers and monsters who lurk in the shadows.

While the Lost Eclipse is still considered something of an outsider by most Shemarrians, and is rarely formally acknowledged by members of the Ten Tribes, the Nightmares take no offense at this. Frankly, it’s the way they like it, and when somebody brings up the point that the Lost Eclipse is not represented by any of the ten points of the Shemarrian Pentacle symbol, the Nightmares cheerfully(or as cheerfully as they get) and unequivocally explain that they are represented by ‘the dark between the lines’.

In a truly ironic twist, the few times the Lost Eclipse has been seen by cognizant observers(i.e.. those not thoroughly scared spitless by them) have only further deepened the mythology of the Shemarrians. The handful of rumors about the Nightmares ascribe their twisted appearances and aura of hatred to captivity and torture at the hands of the Splugorth, reinforcing the idea that the Shemarrians are a species of ex-slaves, or are under siege by the Splugorth.

Society:
The Lost Eclipse has chosen to cherrypick the most relevant and useful parts of the greater EShemmarian society and adapted them for their own use. Thus they have a Tribal structure, with a headswoman and elders, warriors, and civilians, but a Pariah/Acolite is just as likely to be leading a Tribe-group as a War Goddess or War Chief. They have Rites of Upgrade, but have little of the pomp and ritual surrounding such, as found in other Tribes.
They freely adopt NeShemar into their ranks(as evidenced by their assimilation of a whole group of ex-Holy Warriors), especially those with troubled pasts or broken minds/souls. However, despite their own arguably broken minds, the Nightmares have proven adept at rechanneling their NeShemar charges’ angst, anger, and disillusionment into more productive and constructive endeavors, rather than self-destructive or criminal avenues. The Nightmares are probably the best adjusted and most benign group of sociopaths one is likely to ever encounter in Rifts Earth.

Tribal Icon:
A black skull wreathed in blue flames, with glowing blue eyes. Sometimes sports a black circle in its forehead.

Relations:
In general, the Lost Eclipse rejects the myths, legends, and the social orders based on them as farce, and the Tribes that practice such to be playing make-believe, trying to make something of nothing, and fooling themselves that it means anything. While the Nightmares don’t really HATE their sister Tribes, they do regard them with a degree of skeptical disdain, quiet scorn, and reflected pity. They dislike the fact that their culture is based on lies, they pity those who still believe in them, however altered, and dislike being pitied(however rightly) by those they see as believing in falsehoods.
That having been said, the Lost Eclipse will fight to the knife hilt to protect their sister Tribes. From the viewpoint of the Lost Eclipse, having glimpsed the truth, they are obliged to protect their sisters and brothers from drifting into darkness, and being further manipulated down a path away from the true Goddess(or whatever).
The Nightmare Tribe DOES carry on regular trade with the other Tribes, entertains emissaries, and will work with the other Tribes on common projects and military endeavors, but in general, they keep to themselves.

-HawkMoon
The Nightmares’ relationship to the Hawkmoons is a cool one, at best. The Lost Eclipse sees the Hawkmoon as epitomizing the perpetuation of the lies for their own purposes. The Nightmares suspect that the eldest of the Hawkmoon EShemar KNEW the entire basis of their society was a lie, and manipulated events to serve their own agenda. Like Martin Luther’s distrust of the Papacy, the Lost Eclipse regards the Hawkmoon leadership of the Shemarrian people with some distrust and suspicion, and view their initiatives with a healthy skepticism.

-DarkWaters, Blood Riders, Wolf’s Path, SilverMoon
The Nightmares generally see these Tribes as all beholding to the same general falsehoods to some degree or other.

-Ghost Riders
The Nightmares probably get along best with the Ghost Riders. These ‘spark-less’ at least are themselves, and are trying to create their own society from scratch, with a similar egalitarianism, but the whole counterculture bent of the Ghost Riders and their infatuation with the Golden Age of another people seems yet more role-playing and make believe. The Lost Eclipse trades heavily with the Ghost Riders, and they share much of the same general equipment(and, in the Shemarrian Star Nation, ship designs and configurations).
For their part, the Ghost Riders are both fascinated and disturbed by the Nightmares. Here’s a group of Ecotroz who don’t buy into the religious fanaticism of Awakening as the others, so maybe the whole Ecotroz thing isn’t smugly infallible, but on the other hand, the Nightmares’ direction of their own self-evolution is rather unnerving, what with the depressing imagery and what amounts in some cases to self-mutilation. The Ghost Riders can almost sense the insanity seething under the skins of the Nightmares, and aren’t sure they want to be standing too close to the Lost Eclipsers when it reaches critical mass.

-SkullCrushers
From the Lost Eclipse’s point of view, the Skullcrushers are a perfect example of the sort of wretched self-flagellation that following falsehoods can lead to, and the Skullcrushers’ sorry state of depression and anguished quest for redemption can be laid right at the feet of the Dark One. Somehow, the Nightmares don’t see that this is the equivalent of the pot calling the kettle black, and fail to appreciate the irony.
While the Nightmares group the Skullcrushers with the rest of the ‘believers’ following false idols, the same cannot be said of the opposite. If anybody could ‘out-goth’ the Skullcrushers, it seems the Lost Eclipse is it. Even the dour, brutal, fanatical Skullcrushers find it in themselves to pity the Nightmares, and see the Lost Eclipse as giving in to their inner demons and doubts.

-HorrorWoods
The Horrorwoods are marginally better than the rest of them, because the Gaiaistic leanings of this Tribe seem based more on observed fact than make-believe mythology. The Nightmares and the Horrorwoods often share territories and Warmount technology.

-Sapphire Cobra
While the Sapphire Cobras are seen as the epitome of the ‘role players’, at least, the Nightmares admit, the Sapphire Cobras are ORIGINAL. The cult of the ‘Cobras is just so oddball and off the wall, that some Nightmares wonder if there’s actually something to it(and when Nightmares do get religion and defect to another Tribe, it’s most often the Sapphire Cobras). If the Goddess can appear to another Shemarrian Tribe as a giant SNAKE, the Lost Eclipse wonders, maybe She hasn’t forgotten Her people on the basis of their new nature after all?
The Sapphire Cobras, for their part, are equally fascinated by the Lost Eclipse. They see the Nightmares as the not-necessarily-evil shadow of the light of the Ecotroz, the dark element of the whole. The ‘Cobras don’t agree with the whole mortification of the flesh deal, arguing that one doesn’t have to get ugly about the darker image thing, but they respect the Lost Eclipse’s free will and self-determinism.

-WayFinder
The Lost Eclipse can’t find fault with the Wayfinders because they are, after all, self-made Shemarrians. Though early on, many Nightmares wanted to hate the Wayfinders for horning in on the Shemarrian identity thing, the Wayfinders didn’t buy in all the way. Since then, the Lost Eclipse has backed down on any animosity to the Wayfinders.
The fact that so many Wayfinders subscribe to various religions does throw off the Nightmares, and is the only impediment to what might be a close relationship between the two Tribes.

Composition Notes:
The Nightmares have about the average ratio of genders(75% female, 25% male) but make no distinctions in terms of responsibilities or rank between the various classes. They are fairly evenly divided among various classes/castes in terms of numbers of Warriors, Berserkers, War Chiefs, Males, Spinsters, and Pariahs, but the Rifts Earth Lost Eclipse has, as yet, no War Goddess to call their own.
About 30% of their number are NeShemar, especially ex-Holy Warriors and a number of Oresme conversions.

Stat Bonuses:
Lost Eclipse members enjoy the following bonuses:
*Effectively IMMUNE to Horror Factor

*Higher Psionic Potential----In addition to their normal Ecotroz psionic abilities, the Lost Eclipse seems to have a higher than normal incidence of psionic abilities(even for normal beings):
01-05% Psi-Shamaness
06-35% Minor Psionics

*Insanity---On the minus side, it’s estimated that roughly a third(30%) of the Lost Eclipse suffer some form of insanity, either a Psychosis, Affective Disorder, or Random Obsession. Manic Depression is particularly common.

*Altered Appearance----About 60% of all Nightmares have somehow altered their looks away from the Shemarrian ‘ideal’, either through self-mutilation or the addition of non-human/Shemarrian features(such as lizard skin, enlarged canine teeth, nonfunctional extra appendages, odd skin and eye colors, etc.). Effectively HALF the P.B. rating for these individuals.

Random Nightmare Appearance(examples):
01-05 Snout---The Shemarrian’s face is distorted into an animal-like muzzle or snout, filled with small sharp teeth. Bite does 2d6 SDC.
06-10 Skeletal---The Shemarrian’s face looks emaciated and skeletal, with shrunken nose and deep set eyes, as well as exposed teeth and gums. Fingers are long and skeletal.
11-15 Insectile---Stiff-looking skin, protrudent eyes, and mandibles coming from the corners of the mouth. Mandibles can deliver a bite of 4d6 SDC.
16-20 Alien---Looks like a Roswell Alien; sharp chin, gray skin, slit nose, and large almond-shaped jet-black eyes.
21-25 Carnivore---Large mouth filled with jagged obsidian teeth and a long, prehensile tongue. Bite does 1d4 MD
26-35 Glowing Eyes
36-40 Heavily Scarred---The Shemarrian’s skin looks like she went one on one with a reaping machine, or else she looks like she was burnt nearly to a crisp. Alternatively, the Shemarrian can look as if he or she has had various mystic symbols and text branded or cut into their skin and allowed to scar. +5 MDC
41-50 Unusual Skin Color---Skin is an unnatural color, such as puke green or ice blue, often accented with blotches or visible veins.
51-55 Tentacles---The Shemarrian sports 1d8 short tentacles from the arms, shoulders, neck, or head. These extra appendages are 1-2 feet long and do little but wave around.
56-60 Rough Skin----The Shemarrian’s skin looks like reptile scales or tree bark. +15 MDC.
61-65 Monstrous Voice----The Shemarrian’s vocalator has been altered to produce a gravely, menacing voice with a reverb or a hissing undercurrent to it, that should send shivers down the spine of anybody hearing it.
66-70 Flayed---The Shemarrian looks like she was skinned alive, with musculature normally concealed under skin, now exposed to view.
71-75 Faceless----The Nightmare has no visible facial features, instead possessing a flat, smooth, skull and scalp. However, none of the gynoid’s senses are in any way negatively affected.
76-80 Childlike---The Shemarrian’s features are particularly exaggerated and childlike in their proportions, such as large eyes and small mouths. 50% chance of the head being larger than normal(twice as large and DOUBLE the MDC).
81-85 Claw Hands----The hands are particularly wicked-looking with insectile jointing and long sharp fingers(+1d4 MD to hand to hand damage).
86-90 Extra Tentacular Appendages---These are FUNCTIONAL tentacular appendages that emerge from concealment in the breasts/chest and abdomen; 1d4 tentacles, each with a 6 ft reach, Robotic P.S. of 20, P.P. of 20, MDC 40, and act just like the Tentacle appendages described on pg. 31 of the Rifts Sourcebook One, Revised.
91-95 Spider Eyes---Instead of two eyes, the Shemarrian has a band of six to eight smaller occuli spread across his or her face.
96-100---Select 1d4 monstrous features, and possesses a Horror Factor of 8+1d4.

Sample Weapons and Equipment:
Little is known of the specifics of Nightmare Tribe technology, as their operating tactics emphasize stealth and illusion, showing themselves only for maximum psychological impact. Details of the types of weapons and vehicles they use are only recently coming to light.
Besides the monstrous aesthetic they give themselves and their warmounts, the Lost Eclipse makes extensive use of stealth technology, holographic projectors, illusion-casting technowizardry and psionics, and hallucinogenic biological warfare agents in combat.

*Holoprojectors---These are roughly softball-sized devices that be mounted or placed on warmounts, vehicles, or locations, and used to project holographic images up to 30 ft away. Visual field is roughly 10 ft wide. E-clips/rechargeable batteries provide roughly 60 minutes of full continuous video.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

[In regards to the Nightmare / Lost Eclipse during the 18th. conclave of the 10]

Shemharsahd; "Oh my! Such rage and self-hatred. Is there any way that we can heal the soul-sparks of these poor tormented souls?"

Neyrs; -kaff kaff- -ahem- "Col-Taros of Hawkmoon? *points to self* remember how long it took MY tribe to get to where we are at present. Increase the difficulty of getting even half-way to my tribe's level of 'contentment' by a factor of at least 8...if not higher." :erm: :nh:

Shemharsahd; :shock: :?

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Dear lord, they more lovely than I could have imagined. Hey, best of luck with the long hours, do not burn yourself out.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Dear lord, they more lovely than I could have imagined. Hey, best of luck with the long hours, do not burn yourself out.

Wait 'til I start gearing up for the specifics of their equipment and some of their more radical forms. The last post was more of an in-depth intro rather than a comprehensive overview...

Yeah, these gals and guys out-grimdark the Skullcrushers(even the Dark Metal'ed Skullcrushies might be a bit taken aback by them)...they're like the rebelllious teenagers, goth-groupies, and Suicide Girls of the Shemarrians, if they'd OD'ed on Tim Burton's 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'. THey're as sneaky as the Ghost Riders, but a helluva lot more violent... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are some sweet additions. I still owe this thread some weapons. RL has delayed them time and again. They are still under development.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Those are some sweet additions. I still owe this thread some weapons. RL has delayed them time and again. They are still under development.

Looking forward to them, then. Alaway room for more dhakka.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Hmm.. Nightmare Tribe take forms that are to strike fear in their opponents.. so in most humanoid species, stuff that could resemble the Splug, or Cthulu (I can never spell that right)/Old Ones inspired, or even by that artist who's name starts with a G that follows along the lines of Aliens architecture.

But when they fight the Splug, does that mean they have some elites modeled more after powerful forces of good as they strike fear into the splug minions? Like certain types of angels? Which could aid them in the Minion Wars between Dyval and Hades?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i see no particular reason why the splugorth's minions would fear the forces of good more than the forces of evil.

an angel will just kill you. a demon will capture you, torture you, heal you, torture you some more, cook you alive a little bit (but not enough to kill you) and then eat you alive, if you give it a chance.

ultimately, just because you are evil and something else is evil, doesn't mean the two of you are going to be best of buddies. in fact, both of you being evil just makes it that much more likely that they consider you expendable, and that if you show a moment of weakness they will be much more likely to take advantage of it.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shark_Force wrote:i see no particular reason why the splugorth's minions would fear the forces of good more than the forces of evil.

an angel will just kill you. a demon will capture you, torture you, heal you, torture you some more, cook you alive a little bit (but not enough to kill you) and then eat you alive, if you give it a chance.

ultimately, just because you are evil and something else is evil, doesn't mean the two of you are going to be best of buddies. in fact, both of you being evil just makes it that much more likely that they consider you expendable, and that if you show a moment of weakness they will be much more likely to take advantage of it.

TRUTH! :ok: :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:i see no particular reason why the splugorth's minions would fear the forces of good more than the forces of evil.

Use the right kinds of chemicals or magic, and you don't even have to guess what the Minions' worst fear is...their own minds will supply the fireworks.

This reminds me of the first Judge Dredd/Batman crossover comic where the Scarecrow encounters Judge Deth. After eviscerating Scarecrow's luckless lackey, Deth goes for 'crow's neck, and gets a faceful of Fear Toxin, whereupon Judge Deth curls up screaming. Scarecrow muses; "I wonder what possible nightmares such a creature of exquisite darkness and evil could possibly have?"
Cut to 'mind's eye view' of Judge Deth being buried in pink flowers, teddy bears, and My Little Pony lookalikes...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Just an idea, but they don't necessarily have to look completely horrific. Maybe one take on the look of Pinkie Pie from MLP, with hair and tail that is made of monofiliment wire that can entangle and shred anything they grab. Looks cute from afar, but once you get close it's pink bouncing slashing death of giggly bubbly craziness?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Just an idea, but they don't necessarily have to look completely horrific. Maybe one take on the look of Pinkie Pie from MLP, with hair and tail that is made of monofiliment wire that can entangle and shred anything they grab. Looks cute from afar, but once you get close it's pink bouncing slashing death of giggly bubbly craziness?

Or that bunch of jumper-clad big-eyed human children who look oh so helpless....then start going hyperspeed and cutting minion throats left and right...

Ouch...wonder how small I could make a megadamage assassin gynoid...

And and that MLP? We're looking at Lost Eclipse Warmount material right there. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Or that bunch of jumper-clad big-eyed human children who look oh so helpless....then start going hyperspeed and cutting minion throats left and right...

Ouch...wonder how small I could make a megadamage assassin gynoid...

And and that MLP? We're looking at Lost Eclipse Warmount material right there. :twisted:

You talking about cabbage patch kids? Them riding MLP with whipping slashing hair! that spit fire.. or acid in the form of bubbles that float about until they land on something then burst to melt away whatever it lands on (caution, don't use too close to your face kids)!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
You talking about cabbage patch kids? Them riding MLP with whipping slashing hair! that spit fire.. or acid in the form of bubbles that float about until they land on something then burst to melt away whatever it lands on (caution, don't use too close to your face kids)!

Yeah...that would scare the hell out of me...Especially if they then identified themselves as Shemarrians...I'd figure I was on drugs or the universe had gone COMPLETELY insane.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Someones been reading their 'Simon R. Green' :D
Re; Killer toys.

Leaves of the lotus rise

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Somewhere in the Megaverse:

"You seem young to be in these parts, you never know what could be out there in the dark"
"This coming from a little girl in pigtails, dressed in black, who managed to tie me up into an unknown area. Besides, I escaped chi-town and left behind my family so I wouldn't become a bonehead. I just wanted to be a part of something that didn't involve manipulation."
"Hmm, you seem to be telling the truth, what is your name?"
"Matthew Garland, miss."
"Well Matt, I think you could be Nightmare material."
Struggeling, "I need an adult?"
"I am an adult, handsome."
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

89er wrote:Somewhere in the Megaverse:

"You seem young to be in these parts, you never know what could be out there in the dark"
"This coming from a little girl in pigtails, dressed in black, who managed to tie me up into an unknown area. Besides, I escaped chi-town and left behind my family so I wouldn't become a bonehead. I just wanted to be a part of something that didn't involve manipulation."
"Matthew Garland, miss."

(George Takei voice); "Oooooh my." :shock:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
89er wrote:Somewhere in the Megaverse:

"Matthew Garland, miss."

(George Takei voice); "Oooooh my." :shock:

What he said. :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

I was expecting more of a response, but that will do.

Oh don't give me that look, you knew it was inevitable.

Besides, a bubbly war mount with monofilament hair would be all sorts of fun.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:I was expecting more of a response, but that will do.

Oh don't give me that look, you knew it was inevitable.

Besides, a bubbly war mount with monofilament hair would be all sorts of fun.

Part of my terseness was exhaustion from a type-a-thon today....and now you've all but insured that I'm going to make little girl Shemarrians...Half-Pint killroids...Pippy the Terminators....
"And what are little girls made of?" :hug:
"Kevlaryne synthaflesh over adamantex flex-mesh and carbon nanotube myomers, with a ferrosteel skeleton, of course!" :angel:
"..." :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Woke up early this morning; got an early start:

EShemar Lost Eclipse Kildren Elite
(aka ‘Killer Munchkins’)

“Hey, Gruz! Chief’s signaling recall already! Come on and bring that little piece of meat with you...unless you started eating her already! Gwa-hahaahaha! Hey, com’on Gruz! Time’s a-wasting! Hey, Gruz, where’s the brat!? Gruz? Hey, Gruz...what happened to your face...?!”
“I ate it.” :twisted:
(cue screaming)

The Kildren are Elites of the Lost Eclipse/Nightmares. Rather than giant fierce gynoid warriors. the Lost Eclipse has chosen to make its first Elite class over into the image of small, innocent-looking human children, typically little girls of 8-12 years old, the better to shock and surprise their enemies.
The Kildren are certainly the SMALLEST of the full-sentient EShemar ever encountered, and it is suspected that the Lost Eclipse may have patterned aspects of the design after stolen data ARCHIE-3 acquired on the Mechanoid Grunt robot, However, the Lost Eclipse has since done things to the design that even ARCHIE-3 may not be capable of. The Kildren are among the most compact and powerful terrestrial robots in their weight/size class, being little larger than a small child, yet still capable of superhuman performance.
However, Kildren are still restricted by their size; they lack the raw speed and physical armoring of their larger sisters and brothers, due their reduced mass and shorter legs. They also cannot incorporate the same number of powerful internal weaponry that larger Shemar classes can. Their disguises are also not COMPLETELY perfect; they still mass much more than an equivalent child of their size should weigh.
To their advantage, though, most(80%) Kildren are Psi-Shamanesses, possessing powerful psionic abilities. Combined with careful skill, Kildren can use this to their advantage in stealth and combat. Because they cannot rely on soaking up damage and openly hefting around heavy firepower, Kildren must be careful to avoid getting trapped in combat, instead using the element of surprise to strike hard and fast, then dodge and escape follow-up retaliation.
As noted above, Kildren externally resemble small children and are trained to behave accordingly, and they will typically use this disguise to convey helplessness and innocence, often posing as lost children, orphans, and child-slaves, the better to lure their opponents into lowering their guards. In combat, however, the Kildren can quickly make a transformation, their eyes glowing, hands growing claws, and their mouths distending to reveal jaws full of fangs and sharp teeth. Together with their psionic abilities, encounters with Kildren have been often confused with the Haunting Children entities(see Rifts Dinosaur Swamp, pgs 28-30), a misidentification the Lost Eclipse have taken shameless advantage of to mask their own movements and operations.
Kildren are most often used to bait would-be slavers and bandits in the wilderness into traps, the gynoids posing as lost children separated from their homes, caravans, or refugee bands. They are also occasionally used to infiltrate enemy strongholds to open them up from within, or communities to spy on them(several groups of children who have been attacked by monsters have discovered that their new playmates are more than they seemed when they turned to attack marauding monsters). The Lost Eclipse has also used this approach at least once to sidle up and assimilate a Loyalist Pariah(#GLOMP# :hug: “MOMMY! I FOUND YOU!” :heart: ), which raised more than a few questions among onlookers and added a few more lines of rumor to the stories surrounding the Shemarrians. On those few occasions when the Kildren have been openly associated with the Lost Eclipse/EShemar, the contrast has been played to the hilt for shock value; the sight of a little ten-year-old child sitting atop a Warmount and blasting away with a railgun carbine has paralyzed many a shocked enemy in their tracks, and been the last sight they would ever see.

Note: Kildren possess the telltale antennae of Shemmarians, but the antennae are smaller than normal and can be retracted into the head when not in use, or disguised in the Kildren’s hair(pigtails and long bangs are popular).

Note2: Kildren are divided about 75% female (little girls) and 25% male (little boys).

Among the EShemar, the psychology of the Kildren has aroused some debate; some Tribal philosophers see the Kildren as a visible sign of the Lost Eclipse using the imagery of an innocent childhood denied them to inflict their vengeance on their enemies. Others see the Kildren as the Lost Eclipse leadership attempting to recapture a lost innocence by assuming its outward physical form. Still others simply believe the Lost Eclipse is toying with the fact that they’re the youngest Tribe. Most agree, however, that trying to get a straight answer on the matter from the Nightmares is as futile as using a laser pointer on the sun.

“Dorfman, I really have to ask this. I know you’re reluctant to talk about what you encountered out there in the Buggerwoods, but this is really starting to affect your behavior. This is like the fifth time you’ve freaked out on seeing a tricycle and I’m getting rather concerned for you...”

Type: EShemar LE- Kildren
Class: Energy Lifeform/Robot Fusion Self-Sufficient Combat Infantry/Espionage Robot
Crew: Ecotroz Intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 80 (rarely wears armor. Typically, most will only wear child-sized ‘Plainclothes’ armor w/ 8-20 MDC, or wilderness leather/skin clothing w/ 5-10 MDC)
Head 60
Antennae(2) 5 each
Arms(2) 30 each
Hands(2) 8 each
Legs(2) 60 each
Height: 4 ft
Width: 2.2 ft
Length: 2 ft, 6 inches
Weight: 300 lbs
Attribute Equivalents of Note:
IQ: 4d6
ME: 5d6
MA: 4d6
PB: 10+1d6
P.P.: 30
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Hit Points: (Energy Form) 1d6x10+M.E.
P.P.E.: 8
Psionic Abilities: (EShemar baseline psionics) Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation
also have the following ADDITIONAL psionics:
-Sixth Sense(2)
-Mask ISP and Psionics(7)
-Telekinetic Leap(8)
-Presence Sense (4)

-Two additional powers of choice at level one, plus an additional Sensitive or Healing power at levels 4, 8, and 12.

-1 Super Psionic power of choice at levels 3, 6, and 12.

-EShemar Kildren are considered to be MAJOR Psychics, with 1d6x10 ISP +M.E. +1d6 per level of experience

-Unlike the baseline Ecotroz powers, these powers DO require ISP to function
-Saves as a Major Psionic

Horror Factor:(Optional) 8 when instantly ‘morphing into full-blown combat mode.
Cargo: What can be carried strapped to the person
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 45 MPH
(Leaping) 10 ft up/across; a running leap in excess of 40 MPH adds 10 ft to the jump
(Flying) Not possible without a jetpack
(Swimming/Underwater) 30 MPH
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the attending Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Double Jointed---Similar to the Yurei, Kildren Elite have incredibly flexible skeletal structures, specialized joints, and specialized myomer musculature that allows them to bend in ways that would put strain on even their larger sisters’ battle-chassis, such as being able to flex their arms and shoot behind themselves without penalty. This is further reflected in their high agility and bonuses. They also get a +5% to Escape Artist.

Weapons Systems:
1) Laser Eyes)2)---Those large innocent eyes conceal vaporizing lasers
Range: 500 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD per single blast, 2d6 MD for both eyes firing simultaneously
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Bonus: + 2 to strike(+4 to strike total)

2) Finger Claws---The Kildrens’ hands feature retractable vibroblades
Range: Melee
Damage: 1d6 MD +P.S. damage
The vibroclaws also serve as drug injectors; + the effects of injected drugs/toxins. The Lost Eclipse is particularly fond of incapacitating agents, especially hallucinogens(the most commonly used will put the victim, on a failed saving throw, into a full-blown hallucinatory state lasting 1d6x10 minutes ), and are avidly researching to find similar chemicals that work on the various Minion species(they’ve identified at least one that works on Kydians).
Payload: The Kildren have reservoirs in the forearms for up to 10 doses each of up to three separate drugs(30 doses per forearm, 60 total), before needing their supplies replenished.

3) Vibro-Garrote---Actually a specially braided mono-molecular wire saw that be reeled out of the forearms. Can also be used as a climbing cord(can support up to 60 tons weight, and the internal reel has 200 ft of line).
Range: Melee
Damage: 1d4 MD used as a cutting tool.

4)(Optional) Accessory Systems---Depending on the circumstances and individuals involved, Kildren can be modified with additional systems. Generally, Kildren avoid any augmentations that are too bulky, showy, or interfere with their ability to move quickly and quietly, and disguise themselves.

Programming/Skills:
The EShemar shares all the basic Shemarrian programming, basic combat and espionage/reconnaissance. They also have the Pariah’s DOMESTIC programming and the following skills:
-Pilot Bicycle/Tricycle(50%+5% per level of experience)
-Disguise(50%+5% per level of experience)
-Begging(50%+5% per level of experience)

Note: Remember, EShemar can also learn additional skills similar to a Neural Intelligence; many Kildren put their additional skills towards Domestic, Espionage, Rogue, or additional Weapons Proficiencies.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those from the Ecotroz Shemar’s training
Initiative +2
Dodge +4
Parry +4
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +3
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +3
Pull Punch +2
Entangle: +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Bite 3d6 SDC or 1 MD
Restrained Punch 4d6+15 SDC
Punch 1d4 MD
Power Punch 2d4 MD(counts as two attacks)
Head Butt 4d6+10 SDC
Kick 1d6 MD
Leap Kick 2d6 MD

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Woke up early this morning; got an early start:

(aka ‘Killer Munchkins’)

You sir, are demented sick & twisted.
I approve. :ok:

(Not saying i'll be using / incorperating the Nightmare (Eclipse) into my 'verse...but I approve none the less)

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

That is very nasty. I like it too.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Woke up early this morning; got an early start:

(aka ‘Killer Munchkins’)

You sir, are demented sick & twisted.
I approve. :ok:

(Not saying i'll be using / incorperating the Nightmare (Eclipse) into my 'verse...but I approve none the less)

They'll haunt you if you don't... :twisted: :demon: :twisted:

Or maybe they'll just lurk around the fringes...unseen, but still out there...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

As long as they don't hunt me. I am fine with them haunting me. :)

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Advanced Cultural Notes:(Shemarrian Star Nation) Feral Warmounts
“Can we go where the wild things are? Can we? Can we?”
“Yes, but remember, they don’t have their guns and armor installed, so they can be dangerous. Look, but don’t touch, okay?

-Exchange heard between a re-settled child and mother on a Horrorwoods’ refugee world.

Another hold-over from the days of ARCHIE-3’s ‘dominion’ over the Shemarrians has been the maintaining of ‘feral’ or ‘unmodified’ livestock, particularly those animals that would be Warmounts to the Shemarrians. Meant as part of the cultural disguise to conceal the true nature of the Shemarrians and promote the idea that they were advanced alien cyborgs, the practice of keeping ‘wild animals’ caught on with the EShemarrians, especially in the Shemarrian Star Nation where they have the room and resources to maintain large numbers of ‘feral’ Warmount stock.
‘Feral’ Warmounts are based on the idea of the A-001 ‘Wild’ Monst-Rex and the A-006 ‘Wild’ Monst-Cranes, versions of the full-on Warmounts that appear to be unmodified, covered in real fur/feathers, and lacking the weapons and ‘cyborg’ features of the later marks. Performance-wise, the ‘feral’ models are identical to their cousins, though they lack the obvious built-in weaponry and have, in general, 25-30% less overall MDC body armor. They are also programmed to behave more unruly and ‘untamed’ to anybody not a Shemarrian, though they are instantly obediant to their Shemarrian masters.
The practice of maintaining free-ranging herds and packs of these ‘ferals’ is most prevalent among those Tribes of the SSN that maintain large planetary enclaves, and are considered to have a close association with nature. The Horrorwoods, Wolf’s Path, and Blood Riders in particular maintain large numbers of ‘ferals’, and especially herds of other disguised robo-beasts such as the infamous Rhino-Buffalo and Thunderbeetle. The Hawkmoons, Skullcrushers, and Wayfinders also maintain substantial numbers of ‘ferals’ around their enclaves(Hawkmoon Falcon flocks can be a particularly awe-inspiring sight when glimpsed on the wing). The Sapphire Cobras are infamous for letting large numbers of snakes and serpent-like animals(both organic and robotic) loose around their enclaves. The Ghost Riders have been known to maintain small herds of ‘ferals’, though they concentrate more on critters native to whatever worlds they’re sneaking onto, the better to disguise their operations.
The Silvermoons and Darkwaters are less likely to maintain large numbers of disguised ‘beasts’, though the exception is the Darkwaters’ Deep Watch branch, which still maintains ‘schools’ and ‘pods’ of aquatic Warmount stock.
It is unknown if the Lost Eclipse have any 'feral' Warmounts, given the reclusive nature of that Tribe.
The reasons for maintaining these large numbers of ‘stripped down’ Warmounts are various. The large herds of ‘unmodifieds’ help maintain the disguise of the Shemarrians being cyborgs. The wandering herds are useful for patroling larger areas of territory without obvious armed war parties wandering about; even without their mounted weapons, the ‘ferals’ are a fearsome incentive for would-be trepassers to stay away. In this, large numbers of ‘ferals’ are also a standing declaration that a place is Shemarrian territory. ‘Semi-domesticated’ ferals are often a sign of status among the EShemar; often times they are given to Males, Acolites, NeShemar and Oreseme as rides and beasts of burden. Some Tribes program their ‘ferals’ to graze and harvest various useful resources, the robo-critters later disgorging or excreting the collected materials at a convenient collection point. Finally, many Shemarrians simply find the animals aesthetically pleasing, a touch of the ‘wild’ in their culture.
Regardless of how wild and untamed they may appear to be, all ‘ferals’ are instantly obediant to their Shemarrian masters, and they will quickly rally and organize against any threat on their territory, if and when so commanded. Sometimes, all it takes is a concentrated charge by a pack of ‘ferals’ to break an enemy force, ane leave it disorganized for arriving Shemarrian reinforcements to finish off. In emergencies, the ‘ferals’ can be quickly recalled and refitted as full Warmounts.

Though some of the below-listed Warmounts do not have disguised ‘feral’ variants, that is not to say that some of them do not exist as free-ranging specimens. The Darkwaters, for example, have been known to set loose free-ranging ‘swarms’ of the EcoS-K-25 Octas and EcoS-K-26 Nautika on planetoids and large asteroid belts to graze on the available resources and keep claim-jumpers from poaching Shemarrian-claimed resources.

*EcoS-K-2 Equus
*EcoS-K-4 Chirops
*EcoS-K-6 Falcon
*EcoS-K-7 SeaSword
*EcoS-K-8 Ironback
*EcoS-K-9 Steel Claw
*EcoS-K-10 Tusker
*EcoS-K-11 Cybear
*EcoS-K-12 VelociClaw
*EcoS-K-15 Axyridis
*EcoS-K-17 Majestrex
*EcoS-K-18 Tuin
*EcoS-K-19 Apetaur
*EcoS-K-20 Stone Eater
*EcoS-K-21 Orobos
*EcoS-K-22 Saurotron
*EcoS-K-23 Aracha
*EcoS-K-24 Shebu
*EcoS-K-29 Buthidid

Warmounts NOT known to have a ‘Feral’ counterpart:
*EcoS-K-1 Monstropede
*EcoS-K-3 Steel Phoenix(also considered to be an EShemar Elite/Transferred Intelligence)
*EcoS-K-5 Sphinex
*SCES-01 Queen Cobra (EcoS-K-13?)
*SCES-IIE Cobra Dragon(EcoS-K-14?)(also considered to be an EShemar Elite/Transferred Intelligence)
*EcoS-K-16 Gorgon
*EcoS-K-25 Octas
*EcoS-K-26 Nautika
*EcoS-K-27 Gracille
*EcoS-K-28 Draxos
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Advanced Cultural Notes:(Shemarrian Star Nation) Feral Warmounts

NeShemarr recruit; "PONIES"
Saelaes os si shae Matraes the Fair; *Faceplam*

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! I guess that makes "My little pony" viable for those sort girls.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:ROFLMAO!!! I guess that makes "My little pony" viable for those sort girls.

WITH LASER BEAM EYES!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Note: Hope Brightlance is leveling out -snfff- and she finally got to act true to her heritage last session...I...I'm so proud.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Note: Hope Brightlance is leveling out -snfff- and she finally got to act true to her heritage last session...I...I'm so proud.

You remind me of a cartoon I saw as a motivational poster...where a cartoon figure develops from a stick figure to a fully-realized picture of a young girl...As the artist's pencil gives her graduation cap, gown, and diploma, the character smiles and says "You're the best dad ever"...cut to the artist(POV from the paper) looking with a mix of amazed astonishment and realized pride at what he's done).

Yeah, I went "...Dawwww....." when I read it too...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Now maybe if that was the version from "Robot Chicken"............ Where the little pony flies at the family and anounces it is "Death."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Should be spending this weekend working on three, yes, count them, THREE, new Warmounts. Including two Lost Eclipse Warmounts(cackles maniacally). :D :twisted: :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Three new Warmounts? Holy cow! Maybe you could make a cow a warmount for them..... :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Three new Warmounts? Holy cow! Maybe you could make a cow a warmount for them..... :D

Yep, but I've been hammering away at trying to complete three new Darkwater starships since...well, forever... :-(
Didn't get through them as much as I wanted to this weekend, since the weather was so nice, and I had a pop-up inspiration for a couple of cyborg designs, but at least one Warmount should be coming this week.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*waits patiently atop the gallows; preening feathers*
-Kaw!- :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:*waits patiently atop the gallows; preening feathers*
-Kaw!- :D

Check the Shemarrian Index...I sometimes post works-in-progress there. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is ok. I know we are all looking forward to reading about them. And copying them to our special storage unit here at work.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”