Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:*Gendo Ikari Pose* :demon:

I'll have the Big Boss pic as soon as I can...already scanned, but still only in B&W, and needing photoshop colorization.

Fair enough; something snagged me JUST after the holeedaze tymez and been sick like a dog last 48 hours.
Taaaakkkkkeee yer time.
I'm presently squashing 'Nyds in DoW2 to keep from going completely mad from -blech-ness. :puke: :frust: :nh:

Been there, done that, wanted to die, seen the bright lights, crawled back to life...Hope your immune system rallies in appropriately fast fashion for you to recover without hassle.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*ponders*
Now which tribe to have swoop in and make things "INTERESTING" on Caliban?
There's the choice (at present at least) of the Hawkmoon (lead by Tylax), but that would reveal secrets far too early.
Wolfs-path (excellent at stealth and infiltration), or :demon: :love: Sapphire Cobra.

Decsions, decsions. :lol: :D
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:*ponders*
Now which tribe to have swoop in and make things "INTERESTING" on Caliban?
There's the choice (at present at least) of the Hawkmoon (lead by Tylax), but that would reveal secrets far too early.
Wolfs-path (excellent at stealth and infiltration), or :demon: :love: Sapphire Cobra.

Decsions, decsions. :lol: :D

I'd go Sapphire Cobra!
taalismn
Priest

EShemar EcoS-K-42 Nechbet Aerial Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img314.jpg

Darkness and light, blurred together, random pain and constant fear, screams of agony and sudden silences, the clangor of unseen violence, the pounding of one’s heart, the feel of something splashing hot across one’s front and the cold of metal decking on one’s bare back, the confusion of not knowing as many dark forms are replaced by others, and trapping grips are removed and then replaced by another grip, and another brief sting. Then something was pushed down on her chest.
Cold, blood-spattered, and semiconscious, the young woman barely had time to register what was happening before the plastic and metal leaves of the cocoon closed around her and sealed. The last thing she remembered before darkness overwhelmed and enwrapped her was the golden-eyed gaze of the strange, robed woman standing over her, and great black wings behind her.
The Valkari smiled as she saw the telltales on the stasis pod change, marking a successful induction into keep-sleep. “Sweet dreams, little one; when you awake, it will be into a new life,” she murmured as she lifted the cocoon to the back of Mwut, who obligingly knelt its great bulk to accommodate her. She secured the stasis pod to the Warmount’s back, alongside the others already there, and the various smaller canisters and canopic cases strapped in. The Goddess had seen fit to grant many this day a second chance with Her People, as evidenced by all the work the Valkari had been guided to in this place.
“But none of these,” the Valkari gritted, her gaze casting about her immediate surroundings as she settled herself into the saddle. “Let them rot where they fall.” The circle of dismembered commandos and their leader strewn about the large chamber bore mute testimony to the efficiency of Shemar weapons and martial prowess. The Valkari’s duty as a deliverer was twofold here; some she would deliver to new life, others she delivered to death.
“Mwut! Up!”
With that command the Warmount jumped into the air, thrusters hissing as it aimed for the large opening in the ceiling of the cavernous underground chamber. Silent as a ghost, the black Nechbet lofted up and out into the deep shaft beyond, then ascended in a tight spiral to the distant sky above, carefully avoiding hanging wreckage and dangling live power conduits that hung into the space . Once it had burst into the sky above, the Warmount’s wings spread wide, and the black condor-shape soared over the ruined cityscape, banking and dipping several times behind and below the skyline to avoid the occasional invisible radar beams and targeting lasers that its sensors detected.
The Valkari took only passing notice of the battle still raging below, only in as much as what she needed to know in how to avoid it. Her visions did not urge her to stay; those who fell hence this day were in others’ hands. Her duty now was to get to her transport starship, concealed a hundred miles away from here, and convey her day’s harvest back to her Tribe. On Mwut’s wings, she knew, the journey was assured, as the Warmount ghosted through air traffic control and military surveillance nets alike.
With the dark and sure majesty of a raptor, the Valkari Warmount left the battle zone, what few who saw it from a distance and identifying the shape if not the size, left wondering for a moment at the oddity of a vulture LEAVING the fields of the dead.

Caste-specific Warmounts are rare, but when the caste is an Elite, the Tribes are willing to dedicate the resources. Such is the case with the Nechbet, a flying Warmount meant for the enigmatic and vision-driven Valkyri. Originally developed by the Hawkmoon, the Nechbet has spread across the Tribes entering into the service of their respective Valkyri.
As its name suggests(Nechbet being the ancient Egyptian goddess of Motherhood, Queenship, Death & Rebirth, as represented by a vulture), the Nechbet is modeled after a vulture, and in fact was derived from the BattleHawk, scaled up and modified with features of the Arzach(another favorite Warmount of the Valkari) and the Chirops. The design optimizes a compromise between stealth and lifting capability, over speed and armament. The Nechbet utilizes a number of advanced features, including morphing material wings, a small antigravity propulsion system, stealth materials and systems, and long range sensors. In contrast to many other flying wingmounts, the Nechbet’s wings are remarkably smooth, using refined MAW(mission adaptive wing) technology and materials. The Nechbet is also interesting in that the saddle is a partially enclosed cockpit pod, with walls rising to shield the rider and decrease sensor signature.
Though not as agile, fast, or heavily armored as other Warmounts, the Nechbet is still a capable war machine in its own right, though Valkari rarely engage in combat on a regular basis. Most of their missions place an emphasis on getting in, ideally unobserved, collect the prospective NeShemar, and get back out again, but as many NeShemar-to-be fall in violence, the Valkari have to contend with still-hot battlefields and opposition forces. Thus many defensive countermeasures are incorporated into the design.
Aiding in this work, the Nechbet is Awakened with an Ecotroz essence, one that gives the Warmount remarkable powers of perception. While its Valkari rider is attuned to visions of life and death, the Nechbet is very much aware of its surroundings, pinpointing lifeforms and potential hazards. For this reason, Valkaris and Nechbets are sometimes used for recon missions, scouting for their respective Tribes.
The Nechbet first appeared in the ranks of the Hawkmoon, but has since been adopted by the Valkari of other Tribes. However, though it is popular with Valkari, the Nechbet is not the only Warmount used by them, and many Valkari continue to use older or Tribe-specific Warmounts to go bout their work.

Type: EcoS-K-42 Nechbet
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Head 90
Saddle Pod* 90
Wings(2) 110 each
Legs(2) 100 each
Tail 80

*The saddle walls offer partial cover to the rider, and attempts to target the rider are at -6 to strike.

Height: 7 ft at the shoulder, can stand up to a height of about 16 ft.
Width: 7ft body, 60 ft wingspan
Length: 30 ft
Weight: 9,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Behind the saddle is a broad back that can carry up to 1,000 lbs of equipment(typically stasis canisters of various sizes, depending on the size and completeness of the bodies carried in them).
If necessary, the Nechbet can carry additional 2,000 lb payload slung underneath its body, though this increases drag(reduce speed by 25%) and reduces stealth by as much as 50%.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 20 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 550 MPH, no altitude limit(thanks to the AG system)
(Space) Mach 6
(Kitsune Values: 40% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 0.6% of light speed per melee)
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 100 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Advanced Optics---The Nechbet’s visual sensors are particularly acute, able to see normal light, low light, infrared, and thermal imaging with incredible resolution; they can make out details as fine as the lettering on a license plate from 4 miles away.

*Radar Detection---Can ‘see’ radar and targeting lasers

*Ground-Search Radar---Has a microwave radar system for mapping and detailing the ground, pinpointing features as small as one foot wide from as far away as five miles. Also has a ground-penetration feature for scanning for tunnels and underground structures(maximum depth in soil is about 50 ft, rock is 25 ft), but this takes rather more time overhead(takes about ten minutes to scan a 500 square ft area).

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Nechbet have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Folding Wings---The Nechbet’s wings fold for easy concealment in forest hangars and bunkers, and for dive maneuvers.

*Passive Stealth Design---The Nechbet is -75% to be detected by sensors

*Active Stealth Systems---These are active jamming systems that, while effective, run the risk of exposing the Warsteed simply by their activity; a technologically-savvy opponent will recognize the signs of jamming, and know something has to be doing it.
- ECM Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Warsteed. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 5 mile radius(-3 to strike), providing protective coverage to other friendly units in its area.
-Jammer-----A mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---Concealed under the blank visor of the Nechbet’s visual sensors are a set of powerful lasers.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) (Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Nechbet has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

3) (Optional) Hardpoints(2)----If available, the Nechbet’s wings can be fitted with expendable ordnance, though such will add drag(reduce bonuses to Dodge by -2) until the missiles/bombs have been ejected/deployed.
a) Flare/Chaff Launcher
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 12 per launcher
b) Jammer Pod---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -4 to strike the aircraft. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 10 mile radius(-2 to strike). Additional pods DO NOT add cumulative bonuses, but do provide system redundancy.
c) Mini-Missiles---10 shot pod
d) Short Range Missiles---3 per hardpoint
e) Medium Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint

4)(Optional) Bombs---The Nechbet can carry a single bomb, mine, or torpedo between its legs. , but the extra drag will cut the Warsteed’s maximum speed by 1/3 until the ordnance is deployed/ejected.
Damage: Varies by weapon carried;
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*Medium Torpedo ----2d6x10 MD
Payload: Two bombs(up to 1,000 lbs’ worth) or a single torpedo(up to Medium class)
Note: The NechBet can engage in dive-bombing maneuvers; doing so means that the Warsteed approaches the target in a dive(45-degrees or better), releases its bomb(at 5,000 ft or less distance from the target), and then pulls out. A successful dive-bombing attack requires a Piloting roll at -10%, but the dropped ordnance is +2 to strike, and gets a +2d4 MD for the extra speed assist in penetration.

5) (Optional) Spear Rack---The saddle can be fitted with a spear rack with 20 MDC and holding 4-6 spears. Thrown from the air, the spears get an extra +1 to damage, +1d4 if thrown as part of a dive-bomb, due to the extra speed behind the throw.

6) Flare/Chaff Launchers(2, tail)---Standard countermeasure launchers
Payload: 24 chaff clusters(12 per launcher)

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Nechbets tend to be stoic, patient, and seemingly imperturbable, and a little unsettling in their tendency to silently scrutinize those around them, as if seeing their mortality. They are quite intelligent(I.Q. of 13), very observant, and quite perceptive(especially of danger).
Typically has the same programming as for the Monst-rex and Monst-crane, plus the following:
Electronic Countermeasures 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Nechbet intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore.
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +2, (+5 in flight)
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Parry +4
Bite 1d6 MD
Tear/Pry w/ Beak 1d4 MD
Power Beak Strike(2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Head Butt 2d6 MD
Claw Strike 3d6 MD
Flying Kick/Pounce(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Wing Slap 2d4 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Nechbet an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Nechbets have patient, reserved attitudes, willing to wait for the opportunity to pounce on prey or enter a danger zone in search of life.
Has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to proficiency, but TRIPLE the range.
*Sixth Sense
*See Aura
*Presence Sense
*Sense Evil

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Shemarrian Stasis Sack
One of the tools of the SSN Valkaris’ trade, this is a compact memory-material and nanotechnology device that is sometimes called a ‘stasis cartouche’. In its inactive ‘storage’ mode, it resembles a 1.3 ft long and quite heavy flattened oval, covered on one side with telltales and the Tribal insignia. Placed on a body(living or dead) and activated, the oval extends curving plates of flow-metal that completely encapsulate the person, seal, and then engage a quick-freeze biostasis system. The integrated power crystal system is good for 5 years of independent operation, though the stasis pod is typically used only for much shorter durations. The deployed stasis sack has 80 MDC.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Sweet bird. :ok:
BTW; if you wish to collaborate on some illos, I can send over examples of my 'Shoop skillz via PM.
Just sayin'.

As for my previous post above, Yeah, I think I'll hold off on Tylax (I don't think the newbs would be able to handle her JUST yet) and have one of the other tribes stumble on the game-crew.

(As of yet) Un-named Shemarr Taros; "What are YOU doing here? We thought you were still on Terra dealing with the skull-faces and assisting the 'Hawks with the Maker & Shaper?"

Rika Hanlah-Falkon VII; "Funny story. You & your sisters may want to sit down for this one. Sparkling Cyanide and ceramic munchies?"

Leaves of the lotus rise

Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

DhAkael wrote:Sweet bird. :ok:
BTW; if you wish to collaborate on some illos, I can send over examples of my 'Shoop skillz via PM.
Just sayin'.

As for my previous post above, Yeah, I think I'll hold off on Tylax (I don't think the newbs would be able to handle her JUST yet) and have one of the other tribes stumble on the game-crew.

(As of yet) Un-named Shemarr Taros; "What are YOU doing here? We thought you were still on Terra dealing with the skull-faces and assisting the 'Hawks with the Maker & Shaper?"

Rika Hanlah-Falkon VII; "Funny story. You & your sisters may want to sit down for this one. Sparkling Cyanide and ceramic munchies?"

Hoo-boy more complications! LOL aren't there enough?! :? :eek: lol J/K
taalismn
Priest

EShemar Battle Standard ADL-Staff(Silvermoons)
“Rally to the battle honors, girls! Rally to the battle honors! The Goddess spreads her wings over us and we’ll not be found wanting for courage in Her name!”

This device is a development of the Shemarrian Star Nation Silvermoons Tribe, appearing with its mirror-chromed phalanxes on the field of battle. The ADL-Staff looks like an oversized ancient Roman legion battle standard, a thick pole topped by an ornate Shemarrian icon(or several), with a metal or crystal globe on top. Though it indeed serves as a battle flag or banner-standard and rallying point for Silvermoon formations, it has an even more practical purpose as close air defense, its icons concealing an elaborate target sensing and acquisition system, and the globe a laser point defense weapon. The ADL Staff is meant to defend against incoming tactical missiles and mortar artillery rounds, but it also has some capability against regular direct fire projectile weapons, including rail gun rounds.
The ADL-Staff is carried in battle by a chosen warrior(it is considered an honor to be the standard-bearer). When action is called for, the staff is set upright in the ground, the shaft deploying stablilizing pylons and a Glitterboy-style laser pylon to anchor it in position(in the alternative, the Warmount it is carried on grounds and locks in position), and the staff sensors activated and calibrated(takes about fifteen seconds/one melee round). The ADL Staff MUST be standing still to be effective; it CANNOT be used on the move. The staff is set with an automated response system, its simple onboard A.I. managing a point defense program for intercepting incoming artillery. The weapon can be used to directly attack other targets, including ground targets, but that requires the staff-bearer to override and take direct-link control of the staff, the gunner using her own senses to target(use the gunner’s W.P. Heavy MD Weapons skill). Power is provided by a portable nuclear power pack(10 year energy life) carried by the staff-bearer. The Staff uses superior Silvermoon laser systems for maximum range for the tactical system. While pretty in its polished and ornate mirror-finish, the Staff is also laser-resistant, its shiny finish reflecting laser beams as effectively as the armor-chrome of the Silvermoon warriors it stands guard over.
Weight: 150 lbs
Size: 13 ft tall
MDC: 100
Range: 7,500 ft
Damage: 4D6 MD single blast, 8D6 MD pulse blast
Used as a melee weapon, the Staff can do 1d6 MD+P.S. damage
The laser pylon in the shaft bottom can do 1d6 MD on an impalement strike.
Rate of Fire: Equal to the pilot's combined hand to hand attacks, or 10 attacks in auto-defense mode.
Bonuses: +6 to strike airborne targets like missiles(and missile volleys), artillery rounds and aircraft/flying opponents(must be traveling higher than 10 ft off the ground). Will strike, unless otherwise directed, targets plotted as heading towards the center of its designated protected area first.
It is less effective against rapid-fire burst solid projectiles; the system can make a single roll to strike an incoming railgun burst of 20 rds, but burns up all its ten attacks vaporizing ten of the slugs, reducing the burst’s damage by HALF, but the remaining ten kinetic slugs will still come in and strike.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited attached to a portable nuclear power pack or Warmount.
Special Features:
*Laser Reflective Finish---The Staff is finished in the same laser-reflective chrome as covers Silvermoon armor; lasers do HALF damage.

*Sensor Suite---Radar with 5 mile range.

*Automated Fire Mode---Can be set to fire automatically on targets entering range.

*Extendable Laser Anchor Pylon---Copied directly from the Chromium Guardsman(aka ‘Glitterboy’) power armor, this feature telescopes fro the shaft up to 4.5 ft and can do 1d6 MD on an impalement attack.

*Nuclear Power Pack---A portable fusion mini-power pack can be clipped to the Staff(+46 lbs for the pack, 10 year energy life).

Notes: Exclusively produced by the Silvermoon Tribe, though they have been known to grant or award ADL Staffs to deserving allied Tribe units(most commonly the Horrorwoods, Darkwaters, and, increasingly, the Skullcrushers). May have been the inspiration behind the Horrorwoods’ Laser Sky-sweeper Trees.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
ceramic munchies?"

"Kiln Crunch---A good source of silicon, titanium, aluminum, phosphorus, and iron!"

Breakfast with the Shemarrians. Careful, that ain't sugar in the bowl.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Been reading this fanfiction over on SpaceBattles, and it reminds me of the Shemarrian Civil War(only in reverse) :D :
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/forgotten-ones-nbsg-oneshot.190746/
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Think I'll do the 'Serpent twins' when I'm finished my IRL stuff after the weekend. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Think I'll do the 'Serpent twins' when I'm finished my IRL stuff after the weekend. :D

Of COURSE it's gotta be twins!

Whatever art, ideas, and whatever you can contribute....I'd still like to see what I can do cover-wise for a fake 'Shemarrian Civil War/Shemarrian Star Nation' book..... :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

It's that pic I got from intertubes ages ago...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3635/3621046978_9254c5c31b_z.jpg?zz=1
Y'know.."The Twins" :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:It's that pic I got from intertubes ages ago...
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3635/3621046978_9254c5c31b_z.jpg?zz=1
Y'know.."The Twins" :D

RIGHT!
Yeah....The Twins. Very nice girls those.
Look at the eyes! Look at the eyes!
You know...wherever you look with those two, you're still ####ed....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

ES-RPGL-6/40//ES-RPGL-6/40G 40mm Grenade Launcher

“Happiness for a Skullcrusher is having another weapon readily at hand to kill something with. Underbarrel weaponry is cause for a really scary grin on most of them.”

When arming the original Shemarrians, while ARCHIE-3 certainly appreciated projectile weapons, he stayed away from complex, logistics-heavy weaponry such as grenades and missiles, instead focusing on more easily re-supplied inert-projectile rail weapons. That isn’t to say that the Shemarrians couldn’t, or wouldn’t, readily pick up grenades, grenade launchers, and missiles(particularly mini-missiles) from fallen enemies and other sources, but generally A3 avoided coming up with specific grenade- and missile-launcher weaponry for his proxy troops.
That changed during the Shemarrian Civil War when the Ecotroz and their allies used whatever resources they could acquire to supply their forces. Munitions plants were too valuable to simply discard, even if they produced weaponry that wasn’t part of the original Shemarrian TOE(Table of Organization and Equipment), so often the rebel Shemarrians adapted and adopted the appropriate weaponry into their ranks, and where and when possible making changes to them to better match the emerging Shemarrian technological design ethos.
The Shemarrian Star Nation had no such restrictions from A3’s logistical concerns when they were establishing their own colony worlds, so a wide variety of projectile weapons began appearing in their ranks. The Skullcrushers in particular came to showcase a range of heavy artillery-style weapons on all levels, from tactical to strategic(weapons such as the ”BoneBreaker” Persona Canon and ’SkullShatter’ Rapid-fire Cannon became effectively icons of the Tribe). The ES-RPGL-6/40 is one such weapon becoming quite common in EShemarrian ranks.
The ES-RPGL-6/40 is a relatively simple tubular grenade launcher using the fairly common(at least among Human worlds) 40mm grenade format and the ‘metal storm’ loading system, with up to eight grenades loaded in-line in the launcher. The launcher is designed to be slung under the barrel of a Shemarrian Rail Gun, in particular the shorter-barreled 400-series ‘carbine’ version, though it also can be mounted under the Shemarrian Assault Rifle. The ES-RPGL-6/40 has earned the nickname ‘Skullcrusher Trombone’ because rather than being mounted snugged up under the carbine barrel, the launcher is typically hung separated by an extended attachment lug that doubles as a forehand grip between the two weapons. The original ES-RPGL-6/40 fired caseless propellent-jacketed 40mm grenades; a later model, the ES-RPGL-6/40G, uses a small contra-gravitic g-gun system to gravitically propel its munitions, allowing for the use of non-standard grenades at greater range.
The ES-RPGL-6/40(and especially the later, and more advanced ES-RPGL-6/40G version) can fire a variety of 40mm grenade types, including ‘dumb’ grenades produced on a number of worlds, but the ES-RPGL-6/40 works best with Shemarrian-produced grenades, When using appropriate ordnance, the ES-RPGL-6/40 serves as a ‘smart’ weapn, the Shemarrian user psionically- or hardwire-linked to the weapon and able to program the fuzing of the munition. Shemarrian rifle grenades can be programmed to explode early while in flight, for a ‘shotgun’ airburst, or can be set for a delay, allowing a skilled gunner to skim the grenade under a target, or even bounce it off obstacles. The grenades, once armed by firing, can even be remotely detonated(within the Shemarrian’s integral radio range), allowing the Shemarrians to set up impromptu minefields. Many a Shemarrian-fired ‘dud’ round has proven to be an advance-placed boobytrap for unwary enemies.
Though originally and most enthusiastically used by the Skullcrusher Tribe, weapons such as the ES-RPGL-6/40 have quickly caught on with other Tribes, and the same pattern weapon(or ones very much like it) have appeared in the forces of the other Tribes.
Weight: 9 lbs
MDC: 45
Range:(ES-RPGL-6/40)1,500 ft
(ES-RPGL-6/40G) 3,000 ft
Damage:(Frag rounds) 4d6 MD to a 12-foot radius.
(AP rounds) 1d4x10 to a 3-foot blast radius.
( Plasma rounds) 1d4x10+10 to a 5-foot radius.
(Cluster Grenade)---This grenade is packed with several submunitions based on the Rifts Earth 23mm ‘finger bomb’ explosives. The 40mm ‘bus’ carries eight 20mm bomblets, and ‘shotguns’ them over a 10-16 ft radius(depending on how the shooter fuses the round), each doing 2d4 MD to a 10 ft area(so it is possible to have overlapping areas of destruction).
(Incendiary Cluster Grenade)---Same as the Cluster Grenade, only the round distrubutes up to eight incendiary mini-grenades. A slug of thermal gel that does 1d6 MD to a 12 ft splash, and an additional 1d4 MD per melee for 1d6 melees.

Other specialized rounds are also available; the Wayfinders have been known to use TW grenades, the Silvermoons photonic weapons, the Sapphire Cobras nanite distributors, the Ghost Riders EMP generators, and the Lost Eclipse psychochemical rounds.

Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Payload: 8 rounds; can be hand-loaded one at a time or using a prepared speedloader.
Special Features:
*’Smart’-porting---Being cybernetic organisms, the (E)Shemarrians can make the most of weapon-links and integrated sighting systems; +1 to strike in addition to any other bonuses.
*Selective Grenade Fusing---As noted above, the (E)Shemarrians can quickly pre-set the fusing of the grenades before launching, allowing them to ‘shotgun’ the ordnance or delay detonation substantially.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Art for the ARCHIE-3 BOZZ:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img320.jpg

Oi!!!!
Archie-Bozz: " 'erez a stompah fer yuuz!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHH!!!"
Hagen: "I never should have dug up those ancient computer games for ARCH. HEY BIG GUY! Hold up!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Art for the ARCHIE-3 BOZZ:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img320.jpg

Oi!!!!
Archie-Bozz: " 'erez a stompah fer yuuz!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHH!!!"
Hagen: "I never should have dug up those ancient computer games for ARCH. HEY BIG GUY! Hold up!"

Worse, if IT got infected with the Ecotroz, it would most be likely just as psychotic....

AND brought the Codex Shemarrian fully up to date. :D

Two years ago it was two pages long...now it's FIVE. :shock:
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Okay, I'm going to go for broke with this, post it, and let (un)natural selection and the Shemarraphiles pick it over for suggestions:

Warning: Lots of klang-klang ahead.

Advanced Cultural Notes: Advanced Ritual of Progen(Expanded)

“Well, you’ve both been cleared for this, so I’m allowed to give you a tour of this Mystery, the Progen Chamber. I must say, I’m rather impressed that you had both the WarGoddesses and the Shamanesses sponsor you, so I’m to accord you full cooperation. Step this way and I’ll give you the basic rundown on what is core to the continuation of our peoples.
Here we have what is variously called the Scan Chamber, the Sampler, the Love Shrine, the Whumpa Room, the Sanctum Progenus. It’s where the Progen Chamber scans the prospective parents to select what characteristics will go into the child. It’s rather cozy, isn’t it? Some parents simply link their minds and share a virtuality together while the Chamber scans them. Others feel the need to engage in actual physical coitus in there. Mind you, I can’t name names, but I’ve seen Bloodriders go in and simply spend the time meditating quietly holding hands with each other, while I’ve also seen Silvermoons go in with stim-jazzers, a flagon of methanol, lubricating oil, jumper cables, cargo shackles and a glockenspiel. Don’t worry, though, we THOROUGHLY clean the chamber and change its furnishings between assignments.
Anyways, the Scan does exactly that; it does a deep read of the characteristics, both physical and mental, of both parents-to-be. It generates a truly impressive amount of data, so much that even we who oversee its operation are regularly impressed by the vast amount of information that is so quickly compiled.
Ah, no, the system readily deletes what it scans once it has selected what it needs...we don’t see the particulars of individuals, so there’s no danger of the apparatus reading a person’s thoughts and making them accessible to anybody outside the chamber. It’s like seeing a river flow without seeing the individual water molecules.
We’re not entirely sure of how the Progen Chamber does what it does, anymore than organics are entirely sure of how DNA selects for certain traits and not others. It’s part of the Great Mystery, and what makes children created through Progen all the more miraculous. See, the Chamber takes its scans and runs the data through a series of selection algorithms and then a randomizer, and comes up with a sort of ‘DNA program’, a schematic of the finished product. This takes place in what we call the Compiler Node.
Over here is where the Chamber programs the nanites and assemblers with the DNA program and creates the progeny. The ‘seed’ so produced is then nurtured and allowed to grow to young maturity in these chambers. One to two weeks later, and we have a new addition to the community of sentients!
So, Mister and Missuz Mizuhara, any questions?
When can you use it? Why--? Ah, I see. That explains the letters of sponsorship.
You’ll have our full cooperation in this endeavor. Whenever you’re ready.
Uhm...you might want to give us a few minutes to warm up the apparatus before you do that...And I’ll want to alert housekeeping; you might want those laundered while you’re....
No, no, it’s okay! No need to apologize! I know what it’s like to be wildly, passionately, insanely in love and eager to start a family....”

Since the introduction of the Progen technology that has allowed the Ecotroz-Shemar to add to their numbers, the personal lives of the Ecotroz Shemar have bloomed in unexpected ways.
While the Ecotroz can exhibit love among themselves and others, and even participate in recreational ‘sex’, both through physical contact, direct mind-to-mind interface, and virtual reality simulation, it is only through super-science procedures like Progen that reproduction with continuity is possible.
Progen technology is based on alien technology acquired by the Ecotroz Shemar during their Civil War with the Dark One and the Shaper. While the EShemar have even to this day been unable to determine exactly how the alien technology works on all levels, they were able to duplicate it and adapt it to their purposes. Even the Shemarrian Star Nation Shemar have no idea where the technology originated from, and their allies, such as the Shaemarians, cannot shed any more light on who originally developed it. Progen technology is largely regarded by the EShemar as being of divine origin, an obvious gift from their Goddess, the timing of its discovery no coincidence, as it allowed the EShemar to further liberate themselves from slavery.
(For their part, the Ghost Rider Tribe uses Progen technology only sparingly; they do not entirely trust the alien technology of Progen and will not trust their future progeny to a technology they do not completely understand. Instead, they rely on a cruder, but wholly home-brewed, version of Progen’s randomizer functions to inject an element of variety into their reproduction.)
Progen consists of three stages: Scanning/Conception, Compiling/Optimization, and Seeding/Gestation. Scanning/Conception has both parents submitting themselves for a mutual multimedia scanning, while both are linked neurologically/psionically to each other and to the Progen machinery. Some prospective parents use the opportunity to meditate on the step into parenthood they are taking, while others choose to combine the moment with the initiation of virtual or actual coitus. The Progen apparatus does a thorough physical and mental scan that generally takes a hour to complete. Compiling/Optimization then takes place, the Progen apparatus compiling the two sets of parental data, then choosing a randomization routine that selects aspects of both and combining them in an evolving design template that is finalized and downloaded to a nanofactory ‘birthing cell’, the process taking anywhere from five minutes to another hour to complete. The ‘seed’ template is programmed into the Progen nanites and injected into a nanite growth medium which begins assembling the final product. ‘Construction’ takes about one to two weeks, at the end of which a fully physically mature and mentally active offspring emerges from the birthing cell matrix. Some prospective parents claim that even after the Scanning, they can sense a ‘link’ to the growing consciousness during the time between the Seeding and final Birthing.
Because of the nature of the Progen technology, it is possible for various combinations to take place. Typically(80% of all Progen ceremonies conducted), it is female Shemar who undertake the bond of Progen. Because the Progen process does not involve transfer of actual DNA through the participants’ biological systems, but a synthesized ‘artificial DNA’, the gender of the participants has no effect on the viability of generated offspring, so same-sex partnerships are common in Progen pairings. This extends to NeShemar and outsider pairings. About the only restriction that there seems to be in the Progen ritual is that both participants must be able to fit within the scan chamber/area, or at least be able to interlink, and that at least one of the participants must be a bionic or robotic being(attempts at crossing two organics via the Progen ritual has proven fruitless). If an outsider is considered worthy of being a mate in the ritual of Progen, and are not adopted into the clan as a NeShemar, they are sworn to secrecy about the ritual(and more often than not mindwiped).

This has allowed the Shemar to increase their numbers independent of conversion, and has also allowed them to bring in ‘new blood’ more effectively. The Ritual of Progen makes the EShemar all the more dangerous by establishing their ‘genetic’ variation as being even more energetic than the human genome. The ‘wild card’ element that it introduces into the Shemarrian race allows for a great variety of appearance and capability.
Some Shemarrians see the Progen recombinations as a means of testing the staying power of various Upgrade-created Elites by seeing if they breed true. Occasionally, the random aspect of the Progen ritual produces wholly new Elites(as in the case of the Celestials).
Progen selection doesn’t work QUITE like traditional genetics(some have said it more resembles Lysenkoism) in that attributes acquired in the course of life can actually be passed on to the offspring. This makes the process even more mysterious and potential-fraught.

Side Effects:
Most Progen reproductions are born fully formed and functional, with only their elective skills undeveloped. Most progeny will step from the birthing cell fully formed, appearing as young adults(most elect to artificially age their appearance as they gain in status and maturity, and certain Upgrades add mass to a Shemarrian).
However, some progeny, especially those born to mixed Shemarrian/organic couples, may emerge from the birthing cell in an immature, ‘unfinished’ state. These children emerge typically half to a third of their ‘mature’ size, with only 50% of their MDC, P.S., and Speed, and appear to be preteens. Their innate programming is also at HALF proficiency. These offspring gain their mature mass and MDC through normal maturation and consumption of MDC materials, gaining 1d4x10 MD every six months(force-feeding does not accelerate this process). Similarly, their skills gain 5% per year until they reach their ‘adult’ MDC numbers. However, in addition to their normal neural intelligence ‘elective’ or ‘secondary’ skills, such ‘slow beginners’ can select an additional 1d6 skills, as a result of their extended childhood. The chance of a ‘slow birth’ is 10% for Shemarrians/Bionic Non-Shemarrians-NeShemar, and 20% for Shemarrians/organics or Bionics/Organics.
The more aggressive and conservative EShemar regard these births as unnecessary risks(as the children are vulnerable and not fully functional for a period of time) and reason to avoid Progen with organics in order to keep the Tribes strong at all times. Such children may also face hazing from their Shemar siblings. However, for the most part, the general attitude towards these offspring is ‘as the Goddess wills it’ amongst most EShemar.

Attributes: These are the base attributes(I.Q., M.E., M.A., P.S., Speed, etc.) that are core to offspring.

Abilities: This is defined as what special abilities or features beyond the basic attributes the progeny may have ‘inherited’ from the parents. This includes bionic/robotic features integral to the parents, such as a tail, prehensile tentacle appendage, or panoramic eyes, in one parent but not the other, but does NOT include accessory systems like shoulder-mounted laser cannon or a detachable jet pack system. This category also includes psionic or paranormal powers(like magic aptitude). GMs may roll on each relevant feature.

Appearance: This determines what the offspring looks like. The Progen ritual always produces recognizably humanoid offspring, but within that definition appearances can vary widely. GMs may elect to roll separately for each feature(hair color/shape, eye color/shape, skin color, ear shape, etc.) or just make a general appearance roll.

Skills/Programming: This determines what skills the offspring may have inherited.

(Note: Played straight, the Progen Chamber can readily produce some frightening and unbalanced combos; it’s like the Shemarrian equivalent of a Genesis Pit, full of wonder AND terror. Fortunately, there is the constraint of both parents having to be able to fit inside the scanning/conception chamber, so truly monstrous combos like crossbreeding Shemarrians and AI-equipped Triax Devastators, for instance, are out of the question, and nobody’s yet figured out how to scale up the chamber. Still, GMs should use their discretion in the event some love match should produce the equivalent of Mechazilla)

Shemarrian+Shemarrian
Female/Female

97% chance of producing a regular female Shemar offspring
5% of producing a Spinster
4% of producing an Acolite
2% of producing a Chieftain
1% of producing a War Goddess
1% of producing a male Shemar

(Spinster/Spinster)
44% chance of producing a regular female Shemar offspring
50% chance of producing a Spinster offspring, with a 25% chance of producing offspring with an obvious Spinster-like ‘disability’ or disfigurement
1% of producing a Chieftain
1% of producing a male Shemar

Female/Male
70% chance of producing a female Shemar offspring
15% of producing a male Shemar
10% of producing a Spinster
1% of producing a Chieftain

Male/Male
80% chance of producing a male Shemar offspring
15% of producing a female Spinster
5% of a female Shemar(roll again for a 5% chance of producing an Acolite, 1% chance of producing a Chieftain )

Attributes:
If both parents are of the same class/caste then the offspring will start out with the same basic stats set as for that class/caste.
If the child is of mixed class parentage(a Warrior and a Spinster, an Elite and an Acolite, etc.), then the child will be born with the physical stats inherent to the body form of the parent it most takes after.

Abilities:
01-25% The child acquires the (special) abilities of one parent, such as laser eyes, PPE implants, or the like.
26-50% The child acquires the (special) abilities of the other parent
51-85% The child acquires HALF the abilities of each parent(GMs may want to roll for each ‘special’ modification, Upgrade, or inherent ability)
86-95% The child has NONE of the special abilities of the parents, and starts out as a baseline Warrior configuration, and must Upgrade as normal.
96-00% The child has ALL the abilities from BOTH parents(this can get rather frightening if both parents are radical mods, like, for example, a Darkwaters Scyllan and a Sapphire Cobra Naga)

Appearance:
01-25% Designate one of the parents as ‘A’.
26-50% Parent ‘B’
51-85% Combination of the two parents’ features
86-00% Random Selection: The GM can roll on a random color chart for such things as hair and eye color.

Skills/Programming:
If both parents are of the same class/caste then the offspring will start out with the same basic skill set as for that class/caste.
If the child is of mixed class parentage(a Warrior and a Spinster, an Elite and an Acolite, etc.), then the child will be born with the programming inherent to the body form of the parent it most takes after. It may then select any elective skills available to it as normal.

Shemarrian+Cyborg(Full or Partial)
Ecotroz-Shemar/NeShemar

Treat according to gender pairing for the percentage of gender/general class of progeny
Cyborgs have the added feature that they have TWO sets of variables scanned by the Progen Chamber; their cyborg bodies, and their original organic body components. Both sets of characteristics have a chance of being represented in the resultant offspring.
Attributes: (Roll for each attribute)
01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent for attributes
51-75% Normal(Cyborg)----The progeny uses the NeShemar’s attributes as their basis
76-97% Average---The progeny’s attributes are an AVERAGE of the parents’ attributes.
98-00% Exceptional---The progeny’s attributes are a COMBINATION or SUM of their parents’ attributes.

Abilities:
01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent for a given ability. Note that this means that the ability under consideration may NOT be manifested in the offspring if the elected parent does not have it.
51-75% Normal(Cyborg)--- The Progen Chamber elects to use the cyborg parent as the template for a given ability. Note that this means that the ability under consideration may NOT be manifested in the offspring if the elected parent does not have it.
76-99% Normal(Pre-Cyborg)This refers to the non-Shemarrian parent’s PRE-CYBORG abilities; so if the cyborg had the ability to cast magic or had psionics prior to being cyborgized, there’s a chance now that the offspring will have those abilities, or at least the potential.
Minor/Mundane abilities, like an inherent but exceptional trait(like exceptional reflexes, if they’re better than the Shemarrian parent’s) or Incredible Luck, can thus be represented/passed on to the child.
Magic and Psionics requires further consideration with regards to the physical specs of the offspring; if the Progen offspring inherits the non-Shemarrian parent’s propensity/potential for magic, but not any sort of PPE reservoir/reserve, the progeny may have to be Upgraded with PPE sources in order to make use of those spells. Typically the offspring can choose 1d6 of the mage-parent’s spells, all at a first level of proficiency.
Psionics are similar; the child can choose 1d6 of the psychic-parent’s psionic abilities, all at a first level of proficiency, and rolls as standard for psionic class and ISP reserves.
00% Wild Card---It’s rare, but it’s been known to happen; POTENTIALS combine and express themselves in the child. These potentials can be just about anything the GM wants(or allows), such as Angelic/Demonic traits from some ancient ancestor, superpowers, super psionics, or the like. Or, they could be disfiguring birth defects(requiring later extensive correction). Wild card draw.

Appearance:
01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent in general appearance
55-70% Normal(Cyborg) The Progen Chamber elects to use the cyborg parent’s organic core as the basis of the child’s appearance
71-90% Minor(Cyborg)The Progen Chamber elects to use the cyborg parent’s cyborg body as the basis of the child’s appearance, but only as surface detail. That means that actuators and access panels appear on the child’s skin as birthmarks(rather than actual panels or doors).
90-00% Major(Cyborg)---The progeny has a distinct resemblance to the cyborg parent’s cyborg body. Though the child still appears to be organic, angularity to the limbs and joints, more elaborate skin markings, and even overall skin hues(such as metallic tints or rust-like birth markings) resemble features of the cyborg parent’s body form.

Skills/Programming:
01-50% The child inherits the basic programming of the Shemarrian parent’s class
51-75% The child inherits the basic programming of the Shemarrian parent’s class, but cannot make immediate full use of those skills, having only HALF proficiency at these skills, and must be trained up in these skills, advancing as normal. HOWEVER, they also start with 1d6 additional SECONDARY skill selections they can make with parental education and training.
76-90% The child does not inherit any of the Shemarrian parent’s basic programming, except the physical Hand to Hand skills, at FULL proficiency. The offspring can otherwise choose an OCC.
91-00% The child inherits the full basic Shemarrian parent’s programming, plus 1d6 skills(including physical) of the highest rating from the non-Shemarrian parent, though they are/start at 2nd level of proficiency.

Shemarrian +A.I. (other intelligent robot, including Transferred Intelligences)
Treat according to gender pairing(PERCEIVED gender in the case of the AI; if the gender-image is neutral/androgynous, treat as being Female) for the percentage of gender of progeny.

01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent for attributes
51-75% Normal(Robot)----The progeny uses the NeShemar’s attributes as their basis
76-97% Average---The progeny’s attributes are an AVERAGE of the parents’ attributes.
98-00% Exceptional---The progeny’s attributes are a COMBINATION or SUM of their parents’ attributes.

Abilities:
01-25% The child acquires the (special) abilities of one parent, such as laser eyes, PPE implants, or the like.
26-50% The child acquires the (special) abilities of the other parent
51-85% The child acquires HALF the abilities of each parent(GMs may want to roll for each ‘special’ modification, Upgrade, or inherent ability)
86-95% The child has NONE of the special abilities of the parents, and starts out as a baseline Warrior configuration, and must Upgrade as normal.
96-00% The child has ALL the abilities from BOTH parents.

Appearance:
01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent in general appearance
55-70% Normal(Robot) The Progen Chamber elects to use the robot parent’s VR avatar(if it has one; otherwise default to the Shemarrian parent) as the basis of the child’s appearance
71-90% Minor(Robot)The Progen Chamber elects to use the robot parent’s physical body as the basis of the child’s appearance, but only as surface detail. That means that actuators and access panels appear on the child’s skin as birthmarks(rather than actual panels or doors).
90-00% Major(Robot)---The progeny has a distinct resemblance to the robot parent’s physical body. Though the child still appears to be organic, angularity to the limbs and joints, more elaborate skin markings, and even overall skin hues(such as metallic tints or rust-like birth markings) resemble features of the robot parent’s body form, including relative mass(may be more massive and angular, for example, but not grotesquely so). Traits such as non-humanoid propulsion systems(if the non-Shemarrian parent is non-humanoid) may be represented in this way too; for example tread units may manifest as retractable mini-treads along the back of the legs, and lift thrusters may manifest as an integrated jet back or pair of folding wings. In such cases, the performance of these systems is 1/4-1/2 that of the non-Shemarrian parent’s equivalent systems.

Skills/Programming:
01-50% The child inherits the basic programming of the Shemarrian parent’s class
51-75% The child inherits the basic programming of the Shemarrian parent’s class, but cannot make immediate full use of those skills, having only HALF proficiency at these skills, and must be trained up in these skills, advancing as normal. HOWEVER, they also start with 2d6 additional SECONDARY skill selections they can make with parental education and training.
76-90% The child does not inherit any of the Shemarrian parent’s basic programming, except the physical Hand to Hand skills, at FULL proficiency. They get HALF of the non-Shemarrian parent’s skills/programming at one level below their level of proficiency. They also get 1d6 additional SECONDARY skill selections they can make with parental education and training.
91-00% The child inherits the full basic Shemarrian parent’s programming, plus ALL the programmed skills from the non-Shemarrian parent, though they are/start at HALF the non-Shemarrian parent’s level of proficiency.

Shemarrian +Organic(limited to a maximum of 4 cybernetic implants)
Treat according to gender pairing for the percentage of gender of progeny

51-75% Normal(Cyborg)----The progeny uses the NeShemar’s attributes as their basis

Abilities:
01-25% The child acquires all his/her traits from the Shemarrian parent
26-50% The child acquires 1d4 minor traits (including cybernetics) from the organic parent
51-75% The child acquires about 1d4 traits from the Shemarrian parent and 1d4 traits (including cybernetics) from the organic parent
76-97% The child has ALL the traits and abilities of the Shemarrian parent, plus the most powerful(major) trait of the organic parent, including Super Psionics and magic(though they start out at base level for proficiency).
98-00% Wild Card---It’s rare, but it’s been known to happen; POTENTIALS combine and express themselves in the child. These potentials can be just about anything the GM wants(or allows), such as Angelic/Demonic traits from some ancient ancestor, superpowers, super psionics, or the like. Or, they could be disfiguring birth defects(requiring later extensive correction). Wild card draw.

Appearance:
01-50% Normal(Shemarrian)---The progeny takes after the Shemarrian parent in general appearance.
51-75% Blended---The child’s trait(hair, skin, eye color, etc.) is a blending of the parents’.
76-00% Normal(Organic) The Progen Chamber elects to use the organic parent’s features as the basis of the child’s appearance.

Skills/Programming:
51-75% The child inherits the basic programming of the Shemarrian parent’s class, but cannot make immediate full use of those skills, having only HALF proficiency at these skills, and must be trained up in these skills, advancing as normal. HOWEVER, they also start with 1d6 additional SECONDARY skill selections they can make with parental education and training.
76-90% The child does not inherit any of the Shemarrian parent’s basic programming, except the physical Hand to Hand skills, at FULL proficiency. The offspring can otherwise choose an OCC.
91-00% The child inherits the full basic Shemarrian parent’s programming, plus 1d6 skills(including physical) of the highest rating from the non-Shemarrian parent, though they are/start at 2nd level of proficiency.

(Cyborg)Organic+Organic(limited to a maximum of 4 cybernetic implants)
It’s rare, but sometimes cyborgized NeShemar(honorary or adoptee) are allowed access to Progen to mate with wholly organic mates. The process treats the cyborg(full or partial) like a Shemarrian with regards to attribute, ability, and appearance selection. In the absence of hard-programmed skills, however, the system breaks down and the results are much more scattershot.
The offspring is almost always born a cyborg of unusually sophisticated bio-systems, and is born similar to an ‘unfinished’ Shemarrian birth, typically half to a third of their ‘mature’ size, with only 50% of their MDC, P.S., and Speed, and appear to be preteens(or younger), and mature as normal for an organic child(no accelerated aging/development).
Treat according to gender pairing for the percentage of gender of progeny

01-50% Normal(Cyborg)---The progeny takes after the cyborg parent for attributes. Superhuman abilities like Strength and Speed will be at 25% of normal(and will be coached in normal human terms; no Robotic Strength babies) until the child reaches their teens/puberty, at which point it will increase at 20% per year until maturity(still, cyber-tyke’s going to be a handful)
51-75% Normal----The progeny uses the organic parent’s attributes as their basis

Abilities:
01-25% The child acquires all his/her traits from the Cyborg parent
26-50% The child acquires 1d4 minor traits (including cybernetics) from the organic parent
51-75% The child acquires about 1d4 traits from the Cyborg parent and 1d4 traits (including cybernetics) from the organic parent
76-97% The child has ALL the traits and abilities of the Cyborg parent, plus the most powerful(major) trait of the organic parent, including Super Psionics and magic(though they start out at base level for proficiency).
98-00% Wild Card---It’s rare, but it’s been known to happen; POTENTIALS combine and express themselves in the child. These potentials can be just about anything the GM wants(or allows), such as Angelic/Demonic traits from some ancient ancestor, superpowers, super psionics, or the like. Or, they could be disfiguring birth defects(requiring later extensive correction). Wild card draw.

Appearance:
01-50% Normal(Cyborg)---The progeny takes after the Cyborg parent in general appearance.
51-75% Blended---The child’s trait(hair, skin, eye color, etc.) is a blending of the parents’.
76-00% Normal(Organic) The Progen Chamber elects to use the organic parent’s features as the basis of the child’s appearance.

Skills/Programming:
01-75% The child is born a blank slate like any other organic child, and learns/acquires skills(and an OCC) as normal
76-93% The child can select 1d6 skills from the cyborg parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+5% to each) as they mature, in addition to any other skills they normally learn.
94-98% The child can select 1d4 skills from the organic parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+2% to each) as they mature, in addition to any other skills they normally learn.
99-00% The child has acquired 1d4 skills from EACH parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+2% to each) as they mature , in addition to any other skills they normally learn.

(Cyborg)Organic+(Cyborg)Organic
Again, this is rare, but more common than one might think, especially among NeShemar, who are almost all cyborgs.
The offspring is almost always born a cyborg of unusually sophisticated bio-systems, and is born similar to an ‘unfinished’ Shemarrian birth, typically half to a third of their ‘mature’ size, with only 50% of their MDC, P.S., and Speed, and appear to be preteens(or younger), and mature as normal for an organic child(no accelerated aging/development).
Treat according to gender pairing for the percentage of gender of progeny.

01-50% Normal(Cyborg)---The progeny takes after one cyborg parent for attributes.
51-75% Normal----The progeny uses the other Cyborg parent’s attributes as their basis.
In all cases Superhuman abilities like Strength and Speed will be at 25% of normal(and will be coached in normal human terms; no Robotic Strength babies) until the child reaches their teens/puberty, at which point it will increase at 20% per year until maturity(still, cyber-tyke’s going to be a handful)

Abilities:
01-25% The child acquires all his/her traits from the Cyborg parent
26-50% The child acquires 1d4 minor traits (including cybernetics) from the OTHER Cyborg parent
51-75% The child acquires about 1d4 traits from BOTH Cyborg parents
76-97% The child has ALL the traits and abilities of BOTH Cyborg parents.

Appearance:
01-50% Normal(Cyborg)---The progeny takes after the Cyborg parent in general appearance.
76-00% Normal(Cyborg) The Progen Chamber elects to use the other cyborg parent’s features as the basis of the child’s appearance.

Skills/Programming:
01-75% The child is born a blank slate like any other organic child, and learns/acquires skills(and an OCC) as normal
76-93% The child can select 1d6 skills from one cyborg parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+5% to each) as they mature, in addition to any other skills they normally learn.
94-98% The child can select 1d6 skills from the OTHER cyborg parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+5% to each) as they mature, in addition to any other skills they normally learn.
99-00% The child has acquired 1d4 skills from EACH parent that he or she will have a special aptitude for(+4% to each) as they mature , in addition to any other skills they normally learn.

Organic+Organic
The Progen procedure does NOT work with organics and organics. One of the two participants MUST be cybernetic/bionic/robotic in nature.

‘TelePregnancies’---Entirely an elective procedure, one or both parents, immediately after conception of their Progen offspring, may elect to take special feedback implants that allow them to ‘feel’ the progress of their gestating offspring as a means of establishing the parental bond early. However, note that Progen offspring develop VERY fast, so for those without the ability to alter their temporal perception, the psychosomatic feedback feelings from an offspring being rapid-gestated from molecular ‘zygote’ to nearly full-grown ‘young adult’ can get VERY intense VERY fast(specially when ‘baby’ starts kicking). In cyborgs with body disguise options, the data feed from the implants may bleed over to stimulate a ‘false pregnancy’ in the disguise implants.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Okay, I'm going to go for broke with this, post it, and let (un)natural selection and the Shemarraphiles pick it over for suggestions:

Warning: Lots of klang-klang ahead.

Advanced Cultural Notes: Advanced Ritual of Progen(Expanded)

Good lord man! :shock:
-sigh-
There goes my page count through the roof...
I'll get back to ya on critique... just finished off a major move for my sig-other and body & mind still not fully recovered from hauling boxes down 4 flights of stairs (NO elevator...at all :frust: ).

...Time to Cut & Paste. :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Just finished intial scan through.
MEEP! :shock:
:ok:
I may (for my own purposes) alter a few things, but for the most part looks good.
Whereinthehelldoyougetthetimetowritethistuff?! :D

Oh BTW, I have the names for 'The Twins'; Vypaea & Pythiir. Both are based on the Shemarrian 'Berserker' caste.

Vypaea is the black-haired one with the firewhip. Has psi-shameness ability, magicite PPE capacitors and a decent understanding of TW and magic theory (Around 3rd. level 'Magic lore' skill).

Pythiir, the red-head is more a typical Sapphire Cobra Berserker-caste. Her speciality is in identifying supernatural threats and best way to eliminate them (Demon/Monster-lore @ 3rd level). Favorite weapon is the sabre, but will use ion-pistols and even rail-carbines if needed.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Just finished intial scan through.
MEEP! :shock:
:ok:
I may (for my own purposes) alter a few things, but for the most part looks good.
Whereinthehelldoyougetthetimetowritethistuff?! :D

Oh BTW, I have the names for 'The Twins'; Vypaea & Pythiir. Both are based on the Shemarrian 'Berserker' caste.

Vypaea is the black-haired one with the firewhip. Has psi-shameness ability, magicite PPE capacitors and a decent understanding of TW and magic theory (Around 3rd. level 'Magic lore' skill).

Pythiir, the red-head is more a typical Sapphire Cobra Berserker-caste. Her speciality is in identifying supernatural threats and best way to eliminate them (Demon/Monster-lore @ 3rd level). Favorite weapon is the sabre, but will use ion-pistols and even rail-carbines if needed.

Let me know what changes you make in your personal cut of this. You may be able to improve on it in ways I couldn't, being so close to the material.
As for time? I've been dragging on this for over a year....then inspiration hit and I finished it up this morning. And as for time? Well, nit having a social life helps immensely!
And hell yeah, I can't wait to see your final writeup on the Twins! Go for it!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Gonna be a while; I still haven't updated from a week & half ago for the re-cap of 'On wings of Fire' yet. :nh:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Gonna be a while; I still haven't updated from a week & half ago for the re-cap of 'On wings of Fire' yet. :nh:

All in good time. 8)

And to further waste your time, here's a fun picture-blog with lots of cool sci-fi images(updates daily):
http://unflujodefotones.tumblr.com/
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Random (E)Shemarrian Encounter Tables

“Hello there, kinsman!”

Who are you most likely to run into around EShemar communities(generally)?

01-50% Female
51-75% Male
76-00% NeShemar

Female:
01% War Goddess
02-06% War Chief
07-15% Shemarrian Elite
16-31% Shemarrian Berserker
32-80% Shemarrian Warrior
81-90% Spinster/*Tinker/*Healer
91-95% Shemarrian Mystic(Rifter #53, Damon Sutton)
96-00% Pariah/*Reclaimed/*Acolite

Male:
01-90% Male Shemarrian
91-00% Preserver(Rifter #53, Damon Sutton)

NeShemar:
01-60% Female
61-00% Male

(Optional) NeShemar Type:
01-70% Full-Conversion Cyborg, Equivalent Shemarrian Frame
71-80% Full-Conversion Cyborg, standard technology
81-90% Partial Conversion Cyborg
91-95% Non-Cyborg(may have one or two bionic limbs or 1d4 cybernetic implants)
96-00% Oresme/ Awakened Robot
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-41 Pyrolyte Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘Firefly’, ‘BurnBug’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img313.jpg

Borne on a fiery tail, the giant insectile Warmount came to a hover over the structures where scout drones had found another major concentration of the alien invaders growing more of their number. From her saddle, the Blood Rider pilot casually shot the handful of attendants who came out to point at the newcomer and screech warblingly. The incendiary rail gun rounds splashed the ineffectual guards, and quickly rendered them into miniature pyres of burning vegetation. Several trucks loaded with pod-forms were added to the tally, becoming bonfires that burned most satisfactorily, especially when the trucks’ fuel tanks went up. Then the Blood Rider directed her steed to take position over the main buildings, angling its jets downward and assuming a pose not unlike a diver, slightly head down.
Plasma exhaust played over the greenhouse structure, superheating the air trapped inside to explosive temperatures, incinerating wood, melting glass and metal, and in the process cremating the bulbous alien growths festering inside.
Vermin extermination, nothing more. An alien agricultural pest running unchecked in an environment not its own. No threat to the Shemarrians who had appointed themselves protectors of the planet and its inhabitants, save that of the tedious necessity of uprooting the infestation and burning it out. No real glory for a Tribe who lived for challenge and one-on-one combat. The vegetable invaders were no better than zombies when it came to battle-glory.
Suddenly her sensorium began ringing alerts as radar detected several fast incoming targets. Native infantry-launched anti-aircraft missiles, aimed and converging on her, doubtlessly drawn by the heat of her Warmount’s plasma drives.
The firefly immediately threw itself into evasive maneuvers, countermeasure flares launching off its flanks as several vapor fingers reached out from the ground at the Shemarrian.
“So you DO know how to assimilate more than your victims’ appearances....” the Blood Rider grudgingly conceded as she plotted how best to eliminate the enemy positions. The enemy surely had more missiles and weapons looted from their unwilling hosts’ arsenals, and seemed now inclined to use them, once a new and effective open resistance to their infiltration had appeared.
The Blood Rider grinned viciously as she sent her Warmount screaming along behind a copse of trees, as missiles arced overhead, seeking targets. Perhaps there WAS glory to be had fighting these weeds after all!

Eager to add more immediate air support assets to their stables, but unwilling to go humbly to the Hawkmoons, the Blood Rider Tribe turned to the Horrorwoods, who had achieved considerable success with their Shredwing Warmount. Despite much begging, pleading and challenge duels, the Horrorwoods refused to trade the Assembly Forge templates for the Shredwing with the Blood Riders, though they did concede to meet them halfway and gave them assistance in developing their own aerial combat unit.
The result has been what some have called ‘half Shredwing, half flying furnace’. The Pyrolyte resembles a giant mosquito or damselfly, with bulging eyes, long insect legs, four wings, a high abdomen, and multiple thrusters, including a large one in the tail. The rider sits in a saddle-niche behind the head, shielded from behind by the high-arched rear abdomen. Despite its fragile-looking, pipestem-legged, appearance, the Pyrolyte is actually quite tough, its advanced composite-armored body both resilient and flexible.
The Pyrolyte relies on high power plasma thrusters to give it serious speed and braking ability. At close range, these thrusters can also be used as weapons, spraying targets with scorching plasma. The Pyrolyte runs ‘hot’ and thus is more vulnerable to heat-seeking weapons, so the Warmount mounts considerable countermeasures to decoy missiles and confuse enemy sensors. Besides working as aerodynamic surfaces, the wings also serve as large radiators, helping to bring down the Pyrolyte’s considerable IR/thermal signature.
The Pyrolyte is an extremely agile flier and is quick to respond to danger or to its rider’s slightest proddings. The Warmounts fairly quiver with anticipation and eagerness to take wing. This translates into an almost supernatural ability to dodge, quickly jumping aside, up, or back, propelled by its thin, but powerful, legs, and liberal use of its plasma jets. Opponents of Blood Rider airborne units have commented that Pyrolytes are ‘everywhere to be seen, nowhere to be hit’.
Since their introduction, the Pyrolytes have caught on with the Blood Riders like a house on fire. The Blood Riders are EXTREMELY enthusiastic about their new aerial warmounts, using them as airborne cavalry. Swarms of rider-less Pyrolytes are often set loose over Blood Rider ground forces, providing a ‘burning cloud’ air cover attacking any enemy air units or ordnance entering the immediate airspace.

Type: EcoS-K-41 Pyrolyte
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger, possibly 2 additional passengers in sidesaddles.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Head 90
Wings(4) 90 each
Legs(6) 90 each
Main Plasma Thruster(1) 100
Secondary Plasma Thrusters(5) 40 each
Plasma Stingers(2) 40 each
Height: 7 ft at shoulder, 11 ft to the top of the back
Width: 4 ft body, 36 ft wingspan
Length: 24 ft
Weight: 5,300 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) 620 MPH, no altitude limit.
(Space) Mach 6.6
(Underwater) Limited to crawling along the bottom at 5 MPH, maximum depth of 8,000 ft. Pyrolytes, though, are VERY unhappy to be wet, let alone submerged.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Laser Target Illuminator-----Paints targets for ‘smart’ bombing and target designation. Range: 6 miles

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Pyrolytes have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2)---The massive bulging black bug eyes of the Pyrolyte conceal powerful lasers.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire: EPCHH

2) Mouth Weapon---Mounted between the four pincer jaws of the mouth is a four-barrel rapid-fire weapon. The Pyrolyte can carry a light ion sprayer, pulse laser, light machine gun, or flame-thrower, depending in the rider’s preference. Other weapons have appeared in this slot, such as blinding lasers, light plasma cannon, or directed EMP blasters, but these are individual request-customizations.
a) Ion Pulse Cannon
Damage: 4d6 MD per blast, 2d4x10 MD per four-shot pulse-blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH

b) Pulse Laser
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per blast, 1d6x10 MD per four-shot pulse-blast

c) Machine Gun(7.62mm caliber)---Typically loaded with incendiary tracer rounds
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage:(SDC) 6d6 SDC single shot, 4d6 x10 SDC(1d4 MD) per 10 rd burst, 8d6x10 SDC per 20 rd burst, 1d4 MD per 40 rd burst.
(Ramjets) 1 MD single shot, 1d10 MD per 10 rd burst, 2d10 MD per 20 rd burst, 1d4x10 MD per 40 rd burst.
(High Explosive)2d6x10 SDC single shot, 1d6 MD per 10 rd burst, 2d6 MD per 20 rd burst, 4d6 MD per 40 rd burst.
(Advanced High Explosive) 1d4 MD per rd, 1d4x10 MD per 10 rd burst, 2d4x10 MD per 20 rd burst, 4d4x10 MD per 40 rd burst.
(Tracer) Every 11th round is a tracer, which gives a +1 to strike with bursts. However, the tracer stream also makes it that much easier for enemies to backtrace and locate the machine gunner.
Rate of Fire: Standard; rated at 6,000 rpm(or 1,500 rounds per melee)
Payload: 4,000-rd belt

d) Flame-thrower
Range: 50 ft for regular fuels, 500 ft for napalm gels
Damage:
(Regular liquid fuels) 5d10 SDC, plus ignition of combustible materials
(Plasma napalm) 3d6 MD burst. A four-shot sustained burst/spray covers an area of 40 ft, doing 2d6 MD to everything caught in the area of effect.
(MD Gel)4D6 MD Upon contact, burning for 1D6 rounds doing 2D6 MD per round. Anything that the character touches also starts on fire. Any combustible materials within touching distance, clothes, brush, etc. also ignite.
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: Enough fuel for 100 blasts
Special Features: *Multi-Fuel Capacity

3) Plasma Whip-Stingers(2)---Looking like two long thin ovipositors, these are tentacular ‘pipes’ emerging from the rear of the Warmount, and can be used like whips to slash at targets in melee combat. However, their nastiest attack is to pierce a target in a weak spot such as a joint or chink(ideally bypassing armor), and channel drive plasma directly from the engine chambers into the target’s vulnerable parts.
Range: 16 ft
Damage:(Slash) 1d6 MD
(Plasma ‘Sting’) 4d6 MD
(Plasma ‘Pump’)(2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD

4) Plasma Blast---The ‘choke’ on the various plasma thrusters mounted on the Pyrolyte can be adjusted to project thruster efflux, allowing the Warmount to ‘spray’ an area at short range with hot plasma
Range:(Main Thruster) 100 ft
(Secondary Thrusters) 60 ft
Damage:(Main Thruster) 6d6 MD to a 10 ft wide area
(Secondary Thrusters) 4d6 MD to an 8 ft wide area

5) VibroClaws(6)---Each of the deceptively fragile-looking legs ends in an array of sharp vibroclaws, typically used for anchoring the Pyrolyte to hulls, mountainsides, and other surfaces, but more than capable of being used in an eviscerating kick or armor-piercing spear-punch.
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d4 MD tear/pry/stab

6) VibroPincers----The mouth features four wicked vibroblade-edged pincers, for tearing into prey.
Damage: 2d6 MD on a bite, 6d6 MD on a two-attack pry/chew

7) Flare/Chaff Launchers(2)---Standard countermeasure launchers.
Payload: 24 chaff clusters(12 per launcher)

8 )(Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Pyrolyte has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.
In the alternative, these hardpoints can be used to mount aircraft-style jamming pods that gives radar-guided weaponry a -4 to strike the Warmount. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 15 mile radius(-2 to strike).
Alternatively, they can be used to mount a mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius.
Mounting TWO similar pods does not increase bonuses, but provides system redundancy.

9) (Optional) Missiles(2 hardpoints)---The Pyrolyte can mount additional heavy weaponry in the form of two missile hardpoints in the side of the back/rear torso. These give additional firepower, but also reduce maximum speed by 20% and impose a -1 to dodge and roll until the missiles are all fired. Each hardpoint can accommodate the following:
a)Mini-Missiles----20 shot pod per hardpoint
b) Short Range Missiles---4 per hardpoint
c) Medium Range Missiles---3 per hardpoint

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience, giving the Warmount a more ‘living’ presence and personality. Pyrolytes tend to have frenetic, anxious, personalities, fairly quivering with energy and buzzing with barely-reined-in energy. In combat, they are vicious quick-moving predators well-suited for hit-and-run attacks.
Typically has the same basic programming as for the Monstrex, plus the following:
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience)(for maneuvering purposes).
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Pyrolyte intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3, +6 in flight
Automatic Dodge +4
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2(+5 in flight)
Bite 2d6 MD,
Power Bite/Chew(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Kick/Punch 2d4 MD
Tail Whip 1d6 MD(4d6 MD energized strike)
Leap/Flying Pounce(2 attacks) 6d8 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Pyrolyte an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian Sideshow Theater Presents:
A Random Moment of Barely Shemarrian-related Violence with an Unnamed Crossover

The dapper, if utterly bland-looking man in the dark suit looked with a moment of perplexion as he looked at the dark-complexioned woman sitting at the console across the desk from him. He then looked at the double-ended wand clenched in his blue-gloved hand, then back at the woman at the desk.
The woman glared at him, menace rising in her (glowing?) eyes.
“That wasn’t very polite.”
The Yurei then reached over the desk, grabbed the man’s hand in a vise-like grip, then rammed the wand up his nose. A moment later, the dark-suited man convulsed, blood pouring from his face as he collapsed like a burst balloon. A choked gurgle told of his colleague meeting a similarly ignoble fate.
“Great....now we have to clean this up.”
“I don’t think the Horrorwoods will take dead bodies off our hands.”
“Don’t have to. Get me one of those shots of clean-up Kisses we got from the Sapphire Cobras.”

This Has Been:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Brilliant use of the "un-named" source material for the x-over, and the Pyrolyte is definately worthy of the Bloodrider air-corps.
Love the use of a certain un-named, much redone (4 versions and counting) movie that is a thinly veild anti-communist propaganda peice ;)

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Brilliant use of the "un-named" source material for the x-over, and the Pyrolyte is definately worthy of the Bloodrider air-corps.
Love the use of a certain un-named, much redone (4 versions and counting) movie that is a thinly veild anti-communist propaganda peice ;)

Thanks. Because pod people make good mulch(or, with the proper herbivore, feed).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian Sideshow Theater Presents:

"Come at me with everything you go- :shock: "

The Hokage looked over at where the mass of medical nin were clustered around the gurney, moving one seriously wounded jonin towards the hospital. He then glanced over at the tall, bald-headed man with the multiple tattoos on his skin and the two horn-like antennae protruding from his temples.
"Not that I'm reconsidering this student exchange cross-training programme or anything, but I was wondering why you insisted on teaching our people advanced surgical reconstruction and reattachment medical techniques before anything else..."
"If we didn't find all the parts, we might have to teach your people how to do gender re-assignment surgery techniques...."

This Has Been:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

:eek:
NEVER say to a Bloodrider or Skull-Crusher "Come at me with everything you've got."
Not even sir Emo-McRevengepants-betray-everything-and-everyone-so-the-world-gets-ganked -kaf kafSauskekorf hack wheeze- would stand a chance.
Hell, even "Goodboy" (post-reveal) would be searching for his own vital organs before he started the first sentence of his egomaniacal monolouge. :demon:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote::eek:
NEVER say to a Bloodrider or Skull-Crusher "Come at me with everything you've got."
Not even sir Emo-McRevengepants-betray-everything-and-everyone-so-the-world-gets-ganked -kaf kafSauskekorf hack wheeze- would stand a chance.
Hell, even "Goodboy" (post-reveal) would be searching for his own vital organs before he started the first sentence of his egomaniacal monolouge. :demon:

Worse yet would be to say "come at me with killing intent".

Safeties coming off like THAT.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Would it be alright if Hoyt took a few decommissioned star carriers, several bargain space stations, and that spatial whale we have on life support? It's for a school project. Also, he needs a replacement speck of antimatter for his "Behavior", since he used the first speck to power the school's network of vending machines.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Would it be alright if Hoyt took a few decommissioned star carriers, several bargain space stations, and that spatial whale we have on life support? It's for a school project. Also, he needs a replacement speck of antimatter for his "Behavior", since he used the first speck to power the school's network of vending machines.

Oh god, it's going to be like that weekend on Epsilon Eridani IV again, isn't it?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:Would it be alright if Hoyt took a few decommissioned star carriers, several bargain space stations, and that spatial whale we have on life support? It's for a school project. Also, he needs a replacement speck of antimatter for his "Behavior", since he used the first speck to power the school's network of vending machines.

Oh god, it's going to be like that weekend on Epsilon Eridani IV again, isn't it?

No, nothing like that, though that did involve that one night stand with a god of physics, a lot of salt and hot grease, imploding that casino, and biting a master vampire's head off on a dare.

This is much tamer in comparison, or worse. I'll see what happens.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:
taalismn wrote:

No, nothing like that, though that did involve that one night stand with a god of physics, a lot of salt and hot grease, imploding that casino, and biting a master vampire's head off on a dare.

I'm getting extra catastrophe insurance, just in case. And I'm sure DhAkael has updated his list of deities to futily call upon, while Kronus might want extra lead time to formulate an extra-strength sedative milkshake.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:
89er wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I'm getting extra catastrophe insurance, just in case. And I'm sure DhAkael has updated his list of deities to futily call upon, while Kronus might want extra lead time to formulate an extra-strength sedative milkshake.

Nah...Just praying to The Forge and 'The Living Fires' of Desoris. :D
C'thulhu wants nothing to do with this, Shaemara the Light-Bringer has locked herslf in the bathroom having a spa-century, Ares is pleased and Thor has ordered 50k kegs of mead... gonna be a LOOOONNNNNNG week. :P

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:[q
C'thulhu wants nothing to do with this, Shaemara the Light-Bringer has locked herslf in the bathroom having a spa-century, Ares is pleased and Thor has ordered 50k kegs of mead... gonna be a LOOOONNNNNNG week. :P

Okay. So, unless Kronos sez otherwise, we're ready for you, 89er.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Okay. So, unless Kronus sez otherwise, we're ready for you, 89er.

*Looks around* I've got a say in this? I feel special! Umm... Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war? *Holds up a plasma axe with Sploog teeth hanging from the handle*
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

*Looks around* I've got a say in this? I feel special! Umm... Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war? *Holds up a plasma axe with Sploog teeth hanging from the handle*

Sorry...I misspelled your handle. But as a regular commentator on this thread, yeah, I figured you should have a say in disaster preparedness when it comes to 89er's pronouncements.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Sorry...I misspelled your handle. But as a regular commentator on this thread, yeah, I figured you should have a say in disaster preparedness when it comes to 89er's pronouncements.

Gimme a Group of Wolf's Path, A squad of Skull Smasher Berserkers and Silvermoon artillery, with a hacker team of Ghostriders, and I think we've got a start.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Time for my first addition to the wonderful ladies of steel. Also thanks to taalismn for catching a few mistakes I made in my first draft.

Wolf’s Path Channide Elite
(aka Shemarrian Werewolves)

“To fully appreciate wolves, one must run with the wolves. Ideally, one must BECOME one of the wolves.”

The Werewolf elite takes the traits of the Wolf's Path and puts them into physical form. These warriors work well in teams, especially with groups of Shemarrian Wolves. With enhanced senses and stealth, makes them excellent scouts, trackers and infiltrators. Although they are stealthy, they are quite capable of combat, especially melee combat. Using a process similar to the Vada Transformation for Neshemars, the recipient goes through a transformation, turning her or him, into a more wolf-like form, greatly enhancing strength, speed and melee capabilities. An interesting side effect of the Werewolf elite is the recipient gains the psionic abilities to communicate with wolves, and wolf-like creatures, and even influencing sentient wolf-like aliens.
The recipient, in 'normal' mode, will have far more skin than other Shemarrians, similar to Berserkers and Pariahs, and can pass for a large human looking D-bee, if not for the antennas and equipment that readily identifies the recipient as a Shemarrian. It has been discovered that heavy upgrades, such as armour plating, which removes the synthetic skin, reduces the effectiveness of the transformation, so many keep the armour and similar upgrades to a minimum, although some upgrades such as internal weapons work fine. The normal mode has slightly reduced M.D.C than even regular Shemarrian warriors, but the boosts from the transformation more than makes up for this.
When the recipient transforms, they actually enlarge slightly, usually only by a foot or so, and their features take on wolf-like appearance. Their face elongates forming a short muzzle with sharp teeth for biting, their ears move more to the top of their head and change shape to that of a wolf. Their skin sprouts synthetic mega-damage fur, as well as toughens, granting greater protection. Their hands and enlarge for greater grip and traction, and semi retractable claws sprout from the tips of their digits. In the case of the hand claws, they enlarge for greater damage, rending tank armour easily. A short tail grows from the base of the spine to aid in balance, especially if the recipient runs on all fours for greater speed and maneuverability in rough terrain. The fur usually takes on shades of dark brown, black, grey, with white and if the Shemar had different hair colour, streaks of that colour would show around the face, belly and a mane of the same colour on their head. The antennas are unaffected, which does allow people who are familiar with werewolves know something is different about these ones(though the Shemarrians can tuck the antennae back into the mane to partially disguise their presence). It also adds some confusion to some people into thinking that Shemarrians can be turned into were-creatures before they are 'turned' into cyborgs.
The werewolf elite is available to both males and females who prove themselves worthy, showing great honor, sacrifice for the tribe, great tracking skills and melee prowess. This is one of the few elite classes that is available to both, with a slightly higher percentage of males than females. Werewolves do have a tendency to become the Alpha's in groups they are part of, only giving way to Chieftains and War Goddesses, and high ranked shamans/shamaness.
Werewolves tend to were light or no armour, as it can interfere with their transformation, usually only wearing armour to hide their nature until they shed it. Most were armored cloaks or poncho-like items for additional protection, and loose clothing that isn't restricting.

Type: Shemar ‘Channide’ Werewolf
Class: Robot Gynoid/Android Elite
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Antennas(2-3) 10 each
Hands (2) 15 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders (2) 70 each
Forearms (2) 60 each
Legs (2) 130 each
Head 70
Main Body 180

Height: Varies between 7 foot and 8 foot
Width: 3 feet to 3 feet 6 inches
Length: 2 feet, 5 inches
Weight: 725 to 825 lbs
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 30, PP. 22,.
Cargo: None; only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 100 MPH, 180 MPH in wolf mode
Jumping: 15 ft up/across. 20 ft up/across in wolf mode, plus a running leap in excess of 60 MPH will add 80 ft across/20 ft up to a leap.
Flying: Not Possible
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Enhanced Chemical Analyzer - The Werewolf has enhanced chemical analyzers allowing it to track by smell alone with a base skill of 50% +10% per level.

*Enhanced Sensors - The range of all the Werewolf's sensors, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, passive night vision, motion sensors, heat detection, are all increased by 50% of the standard Shemarrian Warrior. The Werewolf also has a scaled back version of the Male Shemarrian 'Black Box', half the range and bonuses, but the targeting uplink is the same, and is actually enhanced, allowing in addition to the 24 Shemarrians within 25 miles, allows an additional 50 Shemarrian wolves.

*Enhanced Stealth - The recipient's joints, feet and hands are specially padded for smooth and quite movement, granting a +10% to prowl. The recipient also enjoys half the bonuses of the Male Shemarrian's Black Box electronic countermeasures systems.

*Transformation - Through a similar process as the Neshemar Vada Transformation, the Werewolf alters its shape, size and power. The face elongates and takes on a wolf-like appearance with a short muzzle, wolf ears on the top of the head. The skin sprouts fur, and the werewolf enlarges by 1 foot, arms, torso and legs enlarge, sprouting claws from hands and feet and a short tail. The werewolf gains +2d6 Strength (roll once upon creation) and it becomes Supernatural instead of robotic, +1d4 P.P. (roll once upon creation), gains 800 MDC, finger claws increase damage by +1d6, and foot claws that deal 3d6 on a kick. A bite attack that deals 5d6 SD, and can also lock, holding an opponent, making escape difficult, requiring a Strength equal to the werewolf's. The recipient gains +4 melee attacks. While transformed the recipient's combat bonuses (strike, dodge, parry, etc) are increased by +6. To strike in melee combat increases by +8. The repair systems also seem to go into overdrive while transformed, feeding off the recipient's psionic abilities, healing 2d6 MD per melee round, ignoring the need for converting material stocks after 60 MDC has been repaired.
The werewolf's speed increases to 150 mph on two legs, and can run on all fours allowing it to run up to 180 mph. The fur of the werewolf is able to blend in with its surroundings, given enough time, about 3 melee actions, granting a +20% to prowl. The hearing of the recipient is enhanced, doubling the range of audio sensors due to the larger ears acting as parabolic microphones. The claws allow the werewolf to climb even metal surfaces, digging into it, granting a +5% to Climb.
The werewolf, through its enhanced communications, and the strange psionic link to wolves, all Shemarrian wolves within 100 feet +10 feet per level, gain +2 to strike, dodge and initiative and gain 1 attack per melee. Meanwhile, all Wolf's Path Shemarrians gain a morale based +1 to strike, dodge, parry and initiative.
Duration: The recipient can only remain in the transformed state for a limited time as it takes a toll on the recipient mentally and physically. Can only maintain the transformation for *MEx2 melee rounds, after which, the recipient is fatigued, half combat bonuses and attacks for 2d4 melee rounds.
(*Remember; Ecotroz Shemar start out with a 5d6 ME stat)

Weapons Systems:
1) Arm Lasers(2)---The werewolf retain the forearm lasers of the regular warriors. Just point and shoot.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast

2) Finger Claws---The werewolf’s hands feature retractable vibroblades
Damage: 3d6 MD

Programming/Skills:
In addition to the normal (E)Shemarrian combat and espionage programming, werewolf have the following skills:
Trap Construction(+15%)
Prowl (+15%)
Electronic Countermeasures (60% base, or +10% if has higher skill)
Tracking (60%)
Detect Ambush (40% base, or +10% if has higher skill)
Detect Concealment (50% base, or +15% if has higher skill)
Climb (50%, or +15% if has higher skill)
Tailing (30% or +5% if has higher skill)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6, 10 transformed
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +2
Dodge +2
Parry +2
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +2
Strike +4 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +4
Pull Punch +6
Disarm +3
Entangle +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Damage: As per Robotic Strength 30, or Supernatural when transformed
Pounce Attack(2 attacks)---Copied from the A-64; 4d6 MD and 01-76% chance of knocking down a target weighing 2200 lbs or less. 01-50% chance of victim falling on their face, 51-00% chance of them falling face up. Lose 1 APM and initiative scrambling back up.
Pinning Pounce Attack(2 attacks)---2d6+2 MD, and target cannot get back up unless they have a Robotic PS of 32 or greater, or a Supernatural PS of 32 or greater, and uses 2 APMs in an attempt to break free. Unlike the Master Robot, the Werewolf CAN attack a pinned opponent, typically with foot claws.

Psionics:
In addition to the regular Ecotroz machine-related psionic abilities, the werewolf has the ability to communicate with wolf-like creatures.
1. Psionic Empathy with wolves (any canine): These Eshemarrians have a natural affinity with canines, especially wolves and wolf-like creatures. Such creatures never stalk, hunt, bite or attack the recipient. Furthermore, these creatures are friendly, docile and will do their best to please the recipient.
2. Telepathy with wolves (any canine): This ability is similar to normal telepathy except that it only works with canines, wolves, wolf-like creatures animals up to 500 feet away.
3. Control Wolves (special): Through a form of combination Empathy and Telepathy, the recipient are able to control the minds of canine creatures. The animals understand and obey the character's every command, verbal or mental, and try to fulfill whatever the task he demands of them, be it attack, kill, dance, or guard a door, treasure, person, etc. Duration: As long as desired. The number of controlled animals: 20 plus 2 for every level of experience. Bonus: +10% to ride wolf-like creatures large enough for the recipient to ride. ISP: Four.
4. Control Intelligent Wolf-like Life Forms (special): Same as #3 above, only applies to intelligent wolf/canine D-bees and aliens, and the intended victim gets to save vs psionic mind control but does so with a penalty of -2 to save. That penalty is -5 to save if the recipient is only asking harmless questions that doesn't betray a secret or confidence. If the canine life form falls under the recipient's complete control, the victim will do anything he is commanded to do, except kill himself, a friend, or loved one, or destroy or self favorite possessions. Range: 25 feet. Duration: one minute (4 melee rounds) per level of experience. Number of intelligent canine life forms that can be controlled: One per 2 character levels after level 1, so 2 at level 3, 3 at level 5, etc. ISP: Six.

The werewolf can not have extensive Rites of Upgrade upgrades that cover or remove the synthetic skin. The spinsters aren't quite sure why this is, and haven't been able to change this. Rites, such as flight capabilities, through wings, or concealed thrusts seem to not interfere, although wings do give the werewolf a more demonic look when transformed as the wings will take on a bat-like form, if they aren't already.

Options:
As noted above, the degree of post-Elite conversion Upgrades possible are limited by the need to maintain appearances and not interfere with the transformation ability. However, the following are a few of the more common and modification-acceptable additions:

*Sonic Growler Blaster---Throat-mounted weapon that turns a howl into a stunning(even killing) blow.
Range: 400 ft in water, 100 ft in air
Damage: (Variable power settings) 4d6 SDC, or 4d6 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
The sonic vibrations can also be used to set up a resonance in hard armor that can stun or disorient living beings. Humans(and those most like them) will find these subsonic vibrations particularly irritating, the barely audible buzzing setting up painful discordance in their eardrums and auditory apparatus. Beings with enhanced hearing are particularly vulnerable to this attack(DOUBLE all penalties). Cyborgs and those with baffled hearing implants will NOT be affected by this.
Save versus psionic attack(12 or better) or be -1d4 to initiative, HALF all bonuses to strike/parry/dodge, and -1d4 to Maintain Balance. Roll under P.E. or fall unconscious for 1d6 melees.
Power Armor and EBA-wearers will be more susceptible to the effects of resonance, owing to their close proximity to the materials being affected. The effects are greatly diminished to occupants on a vehicle owing to the many interior structures that serve to disipate and insulate the sound waves.

*Eye Lasers---This gives the Channide a ‘hands-free’ weapon in the form of a killer stare.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD from both eyes simultaneously
Bonus: +2 to strike (in addition to any other bonuses)

Chromed Fur
This option makes the fur of the Werewolf metallic and reflective, reducing damage from laser weapons by half. However, it greatly reduces the werewolf's ability to hide, negating the standard fur's ability to change colours to blend into the werewolf's surroundings. The werewolf looks like a wolf shaped power armour from a distance, and can easily be mistaken for one.
Laser weapons deal half damage while in wolf mode, prowl bonuses from the fur are negated. The metallic fur increases the werewolf's MDC by another 100 to main body and +10% to all other locations.

Shredder Fur
This upgrade replaces the synthetic fur with sharp metallic M.D.C. blades, making physical contact highly dangerous. The fur will stand on end when the werewolf enters battle, angered or startled, allowing others to know a little about the werewolf's emotional state. Otherwise the werewolf can flatten the fur so as to not hurt allies that might brush against them when not in direct combat. Lightly brushing against the fur does 3d6 S.D.C. Body slams, grapples, and strikes that use large areas of the werewolf's flesh, such as punches, or power attacks, deal an extra 1d6 M.D of damage. Opponents striking the werewolf with unarmed strikes, such as punches, suffer 1d6 points of damage. This damage is S.D.C for creatures with normal strength, and M.D.C. for augmented/robotic or supernatural strength. The fur loses the ability to change colours and blend in with surroundings. Adds 50 M.D.C. to main body and 5% to all other locations.

The Werewolf can also gain options that are similar to the various breeds of the Shemarrian wolves, such as the Kantaran Schillga (larger jaw for MD damaging bite), Kantaran Madghar (built for digging, claws and punches deal more damage), Kantaran Scarnus (melee strikes from claws and bites deal electrical and stunning damage), Kantaran Pyranine (plasma blaster in mouth, and deals plasma damage on bites), and other can be added.
taalismn
Priest

:ok: :ok: :ok:
Adding it to the Codex.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Here's a preview, inspired by 89er, of the upcoming EcoS-K-37 Hekatonheires(WIP)
Warmount:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img275_zps54ad14ea.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img286_zps52ff19d9.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img287_zps322c98ff.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img290copy_zpsf24485d2.jpg

The delay is because there are TWELVE(or thirteen if you will) distinctive variants; a generic base model, one for each tribe, and a 'mundane' piloted version and I wanna illustrate them ALL!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

They remind me of the Mass-production model EVA's from Death & Rebirth / End.
-ahem-
"Sploogies / CS mooks? been nice knowing you. If any of you survive, there's a special on undies at Marks & Sparks; 3 for 1."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:They remind me of the Mass-production model EVA's from Death & Rebirth / End.
-ahem-
"Sploogies / CS mooks? been nice knowing you. If any of you survive, there's a special on undies at Marks & Sparks; 3 for 1."

Don't you love checking back in on a thread and finding lots of new goodies waiting you? Adding Krono's little addition was chocolate on top of cake. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Papa's so proud!

I have been thinking since your update, should the Stage Mage be scrapped and the simulated magic be applied to the VatFather? The VF's fabricator and minds would be far more capable of creating simulated spells never heard of or could be made by true mages.

The VF was a walking think tank with only his wits and creations, and the Stage Mage is an advanced Archie Mage. Combining both concepts would allow the new Mark 4 VatFather shells, made by Hoyt, to coincide with the release of stats.

If you have made any significant progress to either elite, discard this idea.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
DhAkael wrote:They remind me of the Mass-production model EVA's from Death & Rebirth / End.
-ahem-

Don't you love checking back in on a thread and finding lots of new goodies waiting you? Adding Krono's little addition was chocolate on top of cake. :D

I've got an idea for a new weapon. Probably would be one used by berserker and other melee oriented classes. A polearm style weapon with two blades, a built in laser for ranged combat that has built in e-clip type capacitor that is recharged through induction/contact with the Shemarrian. Makes for less to carry and switching weapons.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Papa's so proud!

I have been thinking since your update, should the Stage Mage be scrapped and the simulated magic be applied to the VatFather? The VF's fabricator and minds would be far more capable of creating simulated spells never heard of or could be made by true mages.

The VF was a walking think tank with only his wits and creations, and the Stage Mage is an advanced Archie Mage. Combining both concepts would allow the new Mark 4 VatFather shells, made by Hoyt, to coincide with the release of stats.

If you have made any significant progress to either elite, discard this idea.

Nah, I figured you were stating the Vatfather and Stage-Mage. Thus leaving me to handle tabulating the rest of the megaverse? So whatever you decide to put up can be reflected in the Codex. Just let me know.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Messege Sent.

On another note, some new warmount ideas include:
Sapphire Cobra Aerial War mount
Bloodriders Aquatic War mount
Spherical Urban Pursuit Warmount, Half Wrecking Ball, Half Superball
Sonic Warfare Mount
Arctic Warfare Mount
Anteater/Pangolin Warmount for hive/nest breaching and clearing.
Jellyfish/Flying Saucer Warmount for Naval and Space recovery.

I'm just hoping to eventually get to 100 Warmounts. Feedback would be great.
taalismn
Priest

...eeeeggghhhh.....made the mistake of trying to block out the relative sizes of all the Shemarrian and Paladin Steel vessels, and a few common canon ships, on graph paper for quick comparisons and realized how truly messed up most of my dimensions are, compared to mentally perceived size and stated capacity.
I've got LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG ships that are ssssooo THHHHIIINNNNN, battleships the size of corvettes, and one ship that's so hunking huge that even at 1 square=100 ft, it runs to two pages..and yet the damn thing only carries 2,000 troops and a quarter of the main guns and embarked fighters of ships much smaller...

Ewwww.....not willing to re-stat, but the art's not going to reflect actual dimensions....

Note to self; in future, before tackling ship designs, lay out overall dimensions on graph paper first.
Also have to compare to existing canon Three Galaxies ships; see if they're equally messed up.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”